Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,638 members, 7,955,318 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:35 PM

Spanish Student Visas - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Spanish Student Visas (165503 Views)

Things you should know about Kenya. Visa, Tourism, Business And Student Visas. / What You Need To Know About Russia Student Visas And Immigration New Laws / Jamaican Denied Visas Over Bleaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 07, 2015
On average, how long does this visa take abeg. They said legalisation takes a week. I'm tired now sef.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
enigma14:

What they meant was that there is no need to bring your translated documents during the legalization process, thus making the legalization simpler. However, you will need the translated docs at the time of the submission of your documents for the visa application which must come after the legalization process.

Any idea how long the actual visa takes to process?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 3:40pm On Jul 07, 2015
muztapha:

Any idea how long the actual visa takes to process?

No idea at all. all I know is abt the legalization process (1week). I think the visa application takes 6weeks as mentioned by 1andonly.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Seunbunmi(m): 5:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
@enigma... well, I think that applies to those that have Birth Affidavits instead of the Birth Certificate. So if you are born before 1992 and you have a certificate issued by the National Population Commission and authenticated at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, I believe you are good to go.

My Legalization is also on the 14th of July!

Cheers.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 5:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
Seunbunmi:
@enigma... well, I think that applies to those that have Birth Affidavits instead of the Birth Certificate. So if you are born before 1992 and you have a certificate issued by the National Population Commission and authenticated at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, I believe you are good to go.

My Legalization is also on the 14th of July!

Cheers.

Thats great! we will definitely see there. I am still in Abuja, will have to authenticate the Declaration of age tomorrow at the Min of foreign affairs just to be on the safe side. hope to enter lagos on monday. @Seunbunmi: have you gotten your translated docs? Still working on it. Best of luck.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
muztapha:

Everything that you're going to legalise, you need to authenticate by the ministry of foreign affairs. But with the birth attestation and national population commission thing, I'm not sure what I'm to do about that. Can you even do that in Lagos? Or do you have to go to Abuja for that too?

You need to authenticate the following documents at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja: BSc certificate, Declaration of Age, NPC Attestation letter and Police certificate. You are even lucky that you are doing everything in Nigeria. I'll soon be travelling to Togo (that's where I was born) to authenticate my Birth certificate at their Ministry of Foreign Affairs. They insist I must do it there ...so you can imagine! And that's not the end! I'll still go to the Spanish Embassy in Ghana to legalize it. sad
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 12:33am On Jul 08, 2015
enigma14:

No idea at all. all I know is abt the legalization process (1week). I think the visa application takes 6weeks as mentioned by 1andonly.

My school said the Spanish embassy (there) won't be open in August …

Six weeks?!
Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 11:44am On Jul 08, 2015
Pls pals who has ever used EMS postal service for an international delivery? Pls how reliable is it? How fast can they deliver a package from Spain to Nigeria? Pls I need your response ASAP. Tnx
Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 12:30pm On Jul 08, 2015
muztapha:

Quick question, how long did they say it would take to translate yours?

3-4days for translation. But the big issue is the delivery as DHL and Fedex which are d fastest (1-2days) are quite expensivr @ 80-100euros. While EMS via NIPOST is cheap @ 37 Euros but has its pitfall of an indefinite delivery period.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 1:44am On Jul 09, 2015
enigma14:

3-4days for translation. But the big issue is the delivery as DHL and Fedex which are d fastest (1-2days) are quite expensivr @ 80-100euros. While EMS via NIPOST is cheap @ 37 Euros but has its pitfall of an indefinite delivery period.

You've taken your documents to Spain for translation? I'm doing mine in Lagos. :\ Where's that 1nadn1 guy?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 7:50am On Jul 09, 2015
muztapha:

You've taken your documents to Spain for translation? I'm doing mine in Lagos. :\ Where's that 1nadn1 guy?

Ya. Just be sure that your translation was done by a Sworn Spanish translator (certified by the Spanish Min of Foreign affairs). I don't wanna take chances @ all as any mistake on my part is very risky.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 9:17am On Jul 09, 2015
enigma14:
Pls pals who has ever used EMS postal service for an international delivery? Pls how reliable is it? How fast can they deliver a package from Spain to Nigeria? Pls I need your response ASAP. Tnx

Don't make that mistake. Use DHL. To be sure and with all sense of modesty 80% of the urgent questions asked most times have already been treated. If you are speaking with Rodrigo don't use NIPOST is my advise.

The one I arranged with him is yet to get to me. I spoke with nothing less than 10 NIPOST staff. They all had one retort it hadn't come in. I spoke with Rodrigo he was dead certain it had left spain which on evidence of the tracking number I could see. He even went further to state that in Spain they have several problems but their postal agency wasn't one. I curiously believed him and doubted those NIPOST guys. Look at it this way. The Spanish postal service processes it puts it on a plane (nothing could be more simple) from Madrid to Lagos and bam it gets into Nigeria. Make no mistakes, I have posted stuffs out of Nigeria via NIPOST and I can bet top dollar that they are efficient on that score; but for stuff coming to Nigeria, I can't vouchsafe for them. I had to rearrange with Rodrigo to send it again via DHL which of cause meant more money with me ruing my misadventure.

I still check the tracker because Rodrigo asked me to so we can know if it will eventually come in. Trust me it still returns blank up till now.

You can still hazard it if you have the nerves.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 2:50pm On Jul 09, 2015
1andonly:

Don't make that mistake. Use DHL. To be sure and with all sense of modesty 80% of the urgent questions asked most times have already been treated. If you are speaking with Rodrigo don't use NIPOST is my advise.

The one I arranged with him is yet to get to me. I spoke with nothing less than 10 NIPOST staff. They all had one retort it hadn't come in. I spoke with Rodrigo he was dead certain it had left spain which on evidence of the tracking number I could see. He even went further to state that in Spain they have several problems but their postal agency wasn't one. I curiously believed him and doubted those NIPOST guys. Look at it this way. They Spanish postal service processes it puts it on a plane (nothing could be more simple) from Madrid to Lagos and bam it gets into Nigeria. Make no mistakes, I have posted stuffs out of Nigeria via NIPOST and I can bet top dollar that they are efficient on that score; but for stuff coming to Nigeria, I can vouchsafe for them. I had to rearrange with Rodrigo to send it again via DHL which of cause meant more money with me ruing my misadventure.

I still check the tracker because Rodrigo asked me to so we can know if it will eventually come in. Trust me it still returns blank up till now.

Tnx @1andonly. I will use DHL. I hope your legalization of docs was successful? Have you submitted your visa application and docs? Pls any heads up on what comesa after the Legalization process? All the best bro!
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 10, 2015
enigma14:

Tnx @1andonly. I will use DHL. I hope your legalization of docs was successful? Have you submitted your visa application and docs? Pls any heads up on what comesa after the Legalization process? All the best bro!

Crap, I've done my translation in Lagos. I'm expecting it today. I hope this isn't going to be another wahala.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 10, 2015
Does anyone know how long the visa actually takes once you've done legalisation?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 11, 2015
1andonly:

The one I arranged with him is yet to get to me. I spoke with nothing less than 10 NIPOST staff. They all had one retort it hadn't come in. I spoke with Rodrigo he was dead certain it had left spain which on evidence of the tracking number I could see. He even went further to state that in Spain they have several problems but their postal agency wasn't one. I curiously believed him and doubted those NIPOST guys. Look at it this way. They Spanish postal service processes it puts it on a plane (nothing could be more simple) from Madrid to Lagos and bam it gets into Nigeria. Make no mistakes, I have posted stuffs out of Nigeria via NIPOST and I can bet top dollar that they are efficient on that score; but for stuff coming to Nigeria, I can vouchsafe for them. I had to rearrange with Rodrigo to send it again via DHL which of cause meant more money with me ruing my misadventure.

So, because I was unaware - or at least just simply didn't do due diligence, I thought the translation would be done in Lagos, or in the embassy.

I did it in Lagos, but it looks like a plain regular translation. There isn't any authentication of the signature or indication of a "Traductor Jurado". It's merely just a word document translated into Spanish. sad

Does anyone have a contact at the embassy?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 8:03am On Jul 14, 2015
Legalization day @ last. @Seunbumi, I am at d consulate. Blue shirt with orange-coloured framed spectacles. All the best 2day!
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Seunbunmi(m): 12:31pm On Jul 16, 2015
enigma14:
Legalization day @ last. @Seunbumi, I am at d consulate. Blue shirt with orange-coloured framed spectacles. All the best 2day!

@enigma14... It was nice seeing you. For prospective applicants, quick advice, you will need a great deal of patience and long-suffering. hehehe!
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
muztapha:

So, because I was unaware - or at least just simply didn't do due diligence, I thought the translation would be done in Lagos, or in the embassy.

I did it in Lagos, but it looks like a plain regular translation. There isn't any authentication of the signature or indication of a "Traductor Jurado". It's merely just a word document translated into Spanish. sad

Does anyone have a contact at the embassy?
Bro, do you still require the services of an authorised Spanish translator?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 4:25pm On Jul 23, 2015
@ last, I have collected my legalized docs. 1andonly painted a beautiful fairytale about what happens on the collection day. Gosh, it was a Royal rumble(not a pay-per view). Do well to be fully kitted on that day. If u are there on time with a tally that falls within 1-30 u are good to go; if not, its gonna b things fall apart sometime around 9am. All the best guys. Special grtns to our 1andonly Spanish Visa class rep.

3 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 5:48pm On Jul 24, 2015
Spanish Visa Application Procedure[center][/center]

I finally submitted my visa application and heaved a sigh of relieve. I don't want others who come on here to pass through the ardous task I went through so I will detail all you need before you submit your application.

I would leave the details on authentication, legalization and translation as all a newbie need do is go through all the previous posts on this thread. Here goes:

1) The immigration officials gain points by sending you back (I am joking though but this is a general feeling I get from this whole adventure).

2) I was told I could only apply a month and half from resumption day-this resumption day is a serious matter; make sure your admission letter reflects this information.

3) In light of the above, be sure to start your application like 3 months before departure because of the police character certificate that expires in 3 months to spare your blushes.

4) Your visa form should should carry the insignia of the Spanish Republic any other form would lead to deferring your submission. The guys outside the consulate sell it for N500 so you can take a look. You have to fill out the Spanish and English form.

5) Photocopy all your documents. Yes everything!!! Be sure to photocopy the back with the legalization stamp. Yes I said photocopy your translations too. If you still have doubts check step 1.

6) Try to resolve that accomodation thingy on time. It can get a bit messy at times and no scanned copies.

7) Review your translations meticulously and try to use a recognized translator.

8 There is really no hard and fast rule about the whole process it all depends if you will be meeting the man or the woman. If it is the woman, be sure to arrange your originals and photocopies in the format of the requirements on page 1 of this thread. The man uses another document and might arrange it for you depending on his mood.

9) Don't go in with a scanned document. You can argue till the cows come home but remember step 1.

10) Your medical certificate must state that you are not a carrier of any contagious disease.

PS: like I said, there is no hard and fast rule to this whole step so I expect somethings will generally slip under their radar like the no change policy so it depends on your level of faith, grace and whatever you belief in. For me I am kind of risk averse and would rather err on the side of caution if I can help it.

Cheers!!!

2 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Seunbunmi(m): 7:44pm On Jul 24, 2015
Thank you @1andonly... You are the Spanish Visa Sage here. All the best in your application!

Cheers

1andonly:
Spanish Visa Application Procedure[center][/center]

I finally submitted my visa application and heaved a sigh of relieve. I don't want others who come on here to pass through the ardous task I went through so I will detail all you need before you submit your application.

I would leave the details on authentication, legalization and translation as all a newbie need do is go through all the previous posts on this thread. Here goes:

1) The immigration officials gain points by sending you back (I am joking though but this is a general feeling I get from this whole adventure).

2) I was told I could only apply a month and half from resumption day-this resumption day is a serious matter; make sure your admission letter reflects this information.

3) In light of the above, be sure to start your application like 3 months before departure because of the police character certificate that expires in 3 months to spare your blushes.

4) Your visa form should should carry the insignia of the Spanish Republic any other form would lead to deferring your submission. The guys outside the consulate sell it for N500 so you can take a look. You have to fill out the Spanish and English form.

5) Photocopy all your documents. Yes everything!!! Be sure to photocopy the back with the legalization stamp. Yes I said photocopy your translations too. If you still have doubts check step 1.

6) Try to resolve that accomodation thingy on time. It can get a bit messy at times and no scanned copies.

7) Review your translations meticulously and try to use a recognized translator.

8 There is really no hard and fast rule about the whole process it all depends if you will be meeting the man or the woman. If it is the woman, be sure to arrange your originals and photocopies in the format of the requirements on page 1 of this thread. The man uses another document and might arrange it for you depending on his mood.

9) Don't go in with a scanned document. You can argue till the cows come home but remember step 1.

10) Your medical certificate must state that you are not a carrier of any contagious disease.

PS: like I said, there is no hard and fast rule to this whole step so I expect somethings will generally slip under their radar like the no change policy so it depends on your level of faith, grace and whatever you belief in. For me I am kind of risk averse and would rather err on the side of caution if I can help it.

Cheers!!!

2 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 5:46pm On Jul 25, 2015
Seunbunmi:

Thank you @1andonly... You are the Spanish Visa Sage here. All the best in your application!

Cheers

You welcome boss! What's up? What stage are you at now?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 5:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
muztapha:
On average, how long does this visa take abeg. They said legalisation takes a week. I'm tired now sef.

Think I can modify that to 1 month.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by udemski(m): 10:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
Please kindly provide details of Universities in Spain, that offer cheap tuition fees for PhD program
Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 4:01pm On Jul 30, 2015
My school asked me to legalize my Degree certificate. But am confused if the embassy will still return the legalized photocopy that was submitted during the visa application? If the answer is no, then one must make provision for another legalized photocopy of BSc certificate considering that the Original certificate is not legalized @ d embassy. Am not so sure about this. Pls am open to your suggestions pals. Congrats to 1andonly, its not an easy feat!
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 30, 2015
enigma14:
My school asked me to legalize my Degree certificate. But am confused if the embassy will still return the legalized photocopy that was submitted during the visa application? If the answer is no, then one must make provision for another legalized photocopy of BSc certificate considering that the Original certificate is not legalized @ d embassy. Am not so sure about this. Pls am open to your suggestions pals. Congrats to 1andonly, its not an easy feat!
My school asked for the same thing but they told me to scan it and send to them after the legalization, which I've done.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Kudie: 1:58am On Jul 31, 2015
enigma14:

The consulate will return your originals....I asked at them when I submitted.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Kudie: 2:48am On Jul 31, 2015
I just read through the thread ... My experience was that the process seemed confusing at first but I contacted an Alumni and a current student of my school so they could break it down for me. The most stressful part turned out to be the long waits at the Consulate and dealing with the B'S from the Consulate staff (Nigerians turned Spanish). Few pointers:

1. Med Cert must not be from a General Hospital ...I used one from a Military Hospital (The guy at the consulate had told me it must not be ..took a sample to him on the day of Legalisation). Probably any government related hospital to be on the safe side. However it must have that clause they stated in the requirements about not having contagious disease in line with Blah blah.

2. Get an accommodation contract covering about a month as proof of temporary accommodation then ensure the rest of your rent is in your account. Google Dflat housing..I paid with my debit card and the contract was couriered to me.

3.I have it from a trusted source that you are better off having your living expenses in your own account and not a sponsor's account. This is at the rate of 1000 Euros per month for the duration of your course.

4. Translation can be done within 3 to 4 days at the rate of 7,900 per page plus 5000 for courier. Unfortunately I can't put the dude's number up here. Dude is somewhere at SON on same street as the Consulate.

5. Make sure your School sends you original copy(ies) of receipts for payments.

6. Ensure the photocopy of your legalised finger print document for Police Certificate is photocopied front and back on same sheet of paper jst as the original is.

7. Don't get worried if they decide to interview you briefly with respect to your BSc Certificate...jst be confident and answer as appropriate..They decide if to put ur BSc thru Investigation by conducting the very brief interview..Investigation will mean two months of waiting plus 60k payment. I was interviewed...The Oyibo lady asked when I graduated ...If I have been working since graduation...name of my then VC ..name of the Registrar..Course I studied...don't be surprised if she asks why you are going for a particular Masters considering ur First Degree is in a diff or unrelated discipline...This interview is done at the Legalisation stage if they feel the need.

Pls don't let that Lady intimidate you but then just politely express urself and do not engage her in an argument ..she doesn't waste time in calling security.

I submitted my application first week of July and I am waiting for their response. I am positive the response will be favourable.

2 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 6:04am On Jul 31, 2015
1andonly, is it true that the Consulate doesn't accept medical certificate from General Hospitals? If I recall, that's the type you used for your visa application.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 11:10am On Jul 31, 2015
geniuzio:
1andonly, is it true that the Consulate doesn't accept medical certificate from General Hospitals? If I recall, that's the type you used for your visa application.

I think our new buddy Kudie missed the word 'only'. I do have a small grouse with him though: how comes it he knows so much and said little all this while?!

2 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 11:14am On Jul 31, 2015
Kudie:

The consulate will return your originals....I asked at them when I submitted.

It goes without saying that they'd return our originals to us. I don't think that's the info enigma14 is expecting.

To save my life I can't say if they'd return that legalized copy to you. However, if you're running late I think you can get someone process it for you.

I presume you've submitted your visa then enigma14?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

Abuja City - Videos and Photos / STUDY IN BULGARIA / My Monthly Savings In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.