Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Spanish Student Visas - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Spanish Student Visas (156156 Views)

Things you should know about Kenya. Visa, Tourism, Business And Student Visas. / What You Need To Know About Russia Student Visas And Immigration New Laws / Jamaican Denied Visas Over Bleaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Kudie: 3:06pm On Jul 31, 2015
1andonly:

I think our new buddy Kudie missed the word 'only'. I do have a small grouse with him though: how comes it he knows so much and said little all this while?!

Yeah I missed out the word "only".

@1andonly...a friend who came to me for info told me about the thread...Read the thread for the first time yesterday.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Kudie: 3:12pm On Jul 31, 2015
1andonly:

It goes without saying that they'd return our originals to us. I don't think that's the info enigma14 is expecting.

To save my life I can't say if they'd return that legalized copy to you. However, if you're running late I think you can get someone process it for you.

I presume you've submitted your visa then enigma14?

@1andonly I specifically asked the Consulate guy cos he took the original of my Certificate (He had mistakenly legalised both the original and the photocopy but took only the original when I went for submission).
Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 7:30pm On Aug 01, 2015
I guess I will have to go for a new legalized BSc cert to be on the safe side. Will have to confirm either way when I go in for d submission of my outstanding docs on Tuesday. Tnx pals
1andonly:

It goes without saying that they'd return our originals to us. I don't think that's the info enigma14 is expecting.

To save my life I can't say if they'd return that legalized copy to you. However, if you're running late I think you can get someone process it for you.

I presume you've submitted your visa then enigma14?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 04, 2015
I met enigma14 today at the consulate ...wonderful guy wink

Visa application submitted ...now in waiting mode. grin

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 04, 2015
Anyone who needs copies of the Spanish visa application forms (English and Spanish versions) can find them attached below.

2 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Kudie: 11:26pm On Aug 07, 2015
Got my Visa on Monday! Wish everyone the best!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2015
Kudie:
Got my Visa on Monday! Wish everyone the best!!!!

Congrats Kudie!

How long did it take to get it (from the day you submitted your visa application)?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
I need a translator. ASAP. To be done this week.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 7:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
mstuapha:
I need a translator. ASAP. To be done this week.
You can use Vivian. She does a fast translation and delivery @ a relatively cheap rate when compared with other translators.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 12, 2015
enigma14:

You can use Vivian. She does a fast translation and delivery @ a relatively cheap rate when compared with other translators.

On holiday.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Kudie: 2:16am On Aug 13, 2015
geniuzio:

Congrats Kudie!
How long did it take to get it (from the day you submitted your visa application)?

Thanks Geniuzio
It took about two (2) weeks.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 13, 2015
Kudie:

Thanks Geniuzio

You're welcome bro. See you in Spain! cool

Btw, which university would you be studying at?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 10:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
Kudie:

Thanks Geniuzio

Two weeks for spanish visa processing? I pray same will be done for us, as I don't wish to cancel or reschedule my flight. Besides am already running late for school, lol! Congrats bro. See you in Spain.
Universidad de Cordoba

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 3:52pm On Aug 18, 2015
To the Glory of the Lord, I collected my Spanish visa yesterday without any qualms. It took 13days to process the visa. I pray that all of us will get ours. Don't give up, no matter what! Adios!

4 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 3:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
Hello pals. I hope all is well. Wish us successful visa application.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ollins(m): 10:13am On Aug 28, 2015
enigma14:

Two weeks for spanish visa processing? I pray same will be done for us, as I don't wish to cancel or reschedule my flight. Besides am already running late for school, lol! Congrats bro. See you in Spain.
Universidad de Cordoba
congratulations. I live in Spain,am a Spanish citizen having lived here legally for more than 10 years. if you ever need a friend to talk to,someone to show you the interesting spainsh way of life,you can always Hola at me.Wellcome to sunny Spain.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 28, 2015
ollins:
congratulations. I live in Spain,am a Spanish citizen having lived here legally for more than 10 years. if you ever need a friend to talk to,someone to show you the interesting spainsh way of life,you can always Hola at me.Wellcome to sunny Spain.
In which city do you live in Spain?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ollins(m): 6:05pm On Aug 28, 2015
geniuzio:
In which city do you live in Spain?
I live in Valencia it is two hours drive from Cordoba.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 28, 2015
ollins:
I live in Valencia it is two hours drive from Cordoba.
Okay bro. I'll be staying in Madrid.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Seunbunmi(m): 4:17pm On Sep 02, 2015
smiley Got my Visa after 3 weeks of submission of my application. I guess the timing is relative and I am grateful to God for this. For those of us still on the process, keep the faith! It will end up in Praise!

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by shashamura92(m): 2:27am On Sep 03, 2015
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 11:52pm On Sep 23, 2015
Glory!!! I got my visa today after reapplying. I needed a miracle to achieve this though. Glory to God!

5 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by andonajnr(m): 11:57am On Nov 27, 2015
Dear guys, God bless u all for ur immense contributions. A special thanks to 1andonly for his selflesness and foresight. I wish d EMMC peeps a successful completion of deir programme and to the others tge help of God in ur endeavors.
EMMC peeps, I am currently applying for EMMCSTEPS, and Spain(uni of oviedo) is my first mobility. However I want to knw abt d scholarship. What is d package like, apart frm what is stated on d course websites.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by andonajnr(m): 12:02pm On Nov 27, 2015
In addition, I plan to apply for a normal master(apart frm Erasmus Mundus) in uni of oviedo, infact I prefer d course contents in oviedo to dat of EMMC. What scholarship bodies sponsor Nigerians to Spain because all Ive seen is USA, Germany, France, Canada, UK etc.
Meanwhile I really prefer dis Uni of Oviedo to oda countries because of low cost and higher probability of admission. Thanks
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 9:54am On Dec 01, 2015
andonajnr:
In addition, I plan to apply for a normal master(apart frm Erasmus Mundus) in uni of oviedo, infact I prefer d course contents in oviedo to dat of EMMC. What scholarship bodies sponsor Nigerians to Spain because all Ive seen is USA, Germany, France, Canada, UK etc.
Meanwhile I really prefer dis Uni of Oviedo to oda countries because of low cost and higher probability of admission. Thanks

To be honest with you funding specifically to Spain is few and far between. You will find Spanish cooperation scholarships but whether your course is funded is another thing.

You should look closely to your school and other schools as they will probably have funding which would range from half to full tuition waivers.

If you are looking for scholarships, I doubt Spain should be your first port of call and also you should be wary of Spanish visa application. I found it very draining.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ekechil: 8:35am On Jan 21, 2016
Hello 1andonly, congrats on your visa. the photocopy "all documents" you mentioned for legalization should be birth cert, police cert, bsc cert, transcript and medical cert right?

1andonly:
I have made a couple of minor errors that have cost me some dear savings and set me back by a week or so. So before you submit your documents for legalization, note the following.

1) Send your documents- WAEC (photocopy), School Certificate (Photocopy) and Transcript (depending on your school and what you are applying for) to the Ministry of Education for authentication. Should not cost more than 5K I have a post on the cost above.

2) Take all these documents along with Birth Certificate (original) and Police Character Certificate (no medical certificate needed PCC should be original) to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for authentication. They will place a seal on your documents.

3) Go to WAEC centre at Yaba and request your result to be sent to the embassy. Do not use an agent!!! Do this like two weeks before booking an appointment with the embassy or consulate.

4) Send the photocopy of your certificate to your university so they can stamp it (Certified True Copy Stamp). Fail to do this, like me, and you will set your application back by like 1 week.

5) Send an e-mail to cog.lagos.leg@maec.es requesting an appointment to legalize your documents.

6) Photocopy all your documents including your passport.

7) Go to the consulate by 8:20am. They will open by 8:30am. Struggle to be in front of the queue and submit your stuff on time to the security. Ignore the number thingy the consulate does not recognize that. Pray that no person legalizing marriage documents is ahead of you if not your name na sorry. The process is pretty slow like government bureaucracy. You will understand that even writing your name and details down could be a long thing (of course it is the security guy that will be doing the writing. At some point I felt like collecting the biro from him and writing it myself)

cool Make sure you know how many documents you are legalizing and have the exact figure. They don't give change at the consulate and would send you back if it comes to that and don't think you will form Don Jazzy and leave the change, they won't take it. They charge N1,600 per page.

Do all these and your legalization will take you approximately 1 week. Thursdays are only for collections.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 3:11am On Jan 24, 2016
ekechil:
Hello 1andonly, congrats on your visa. the photocopy "all documents" you mentioned for legalization should be birth cert, police cert, bsc cert, transcript and medical cert right?

I meant you should photocopy every freaking thing you are going to that embassy with so long as it is a document. To be safer, make two copies.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by sahm4u2nv(m): 10:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
I'm lost here.
I need some clarifications, I'm about to finish my Nysc program. and I'm planning to study in Spain for my MSc
pls can someone tells me things I need to put in place
thanks and Godbless
Re: Spanish Student Visas by sahm4u2nv(m): 10:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
ollins:
bro,I'm planning coming down there for my MSc
I graduated with 2nd class lower of CGPA 3.48
I study soil science
please, do you know any school over there that offers my course and how do I go about it
thanks and God bless.,..,.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ekechil: 2:54pm On Jan 25, 2016
Thanks bro for the response, please my resumption date is 15th Feb 2016 and your no 2 step talks about a month and half to resumption date. My legalisation date is 3rd Feb 2016 and every document is ready, what do you think about the timing?
1andonly:
Spanish Visa Application Procedure[center][/center]

I finally submitted my visa application and heaved a sigh of relieve. I don't want others who come on here to pass through the ardous task I went through so I will detail all you need before you submit your application.

I would leave the details on authentication, legalization and translation as all a newbie need do is go through all the previous posts on this thread. Here goes:

1) The immigration officials gain points by sending you back (I am joking though but this is a general feeling I get from this whole adventure).

2) I was told I could only apply a month and half from resumption day-this resumption day is a serious matter; make sure your admission letter reflects this information.

3) In light of the above, be sure to start your application like 3 months before departure because of the police character certificate that expires in 3 months to spare your blushes.

4) Your visa form should should carry the insignia of the Spanish Republic any other form would lead to deferring your submission. The guys outside the consulate sell it for N500 so you can take a look. You have to fill out the Spanish and English form.

5) Photocopy all your documents. Yes everything!!! Be sure to photocopy the back with the legalization stamp. Yes I said photocopy your translations too. If you still have doubts check step 1.

6) Try to resolve that accomodation thingy on time. It can get a bit messy at times and no scanned copies.

7) Review your translations meticulously and try to use a recognized translator.

8 There is really no hard and fast rule about the whole process it all depends if you will be meeting the man or the woman. If it is the woman, be sure to arrange your originals and photocopies in the format of the requirements on page 1 of this thread. The man uses another document and might arrange it for you depending on his mood.

9) Don't go in with a scanned document. You can argue till the cows come home but remember step 1.

10) Your medical certificate must state that you are not a carrier of any contagious disease.

PS: like I said, there is no hard and fast rule to this whole step so I expect somethings will generally slip under their radar like the no change policy so it depends on your level of faith, grace and whatever you belief in. For me I am kind of risk averse and would rather err on the side of caution if I can help it.

Cheers!!!
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 11:23pm On Jan 25, 2016
sahm4u2nv:
I'm lost here.
I need some clarifications, I'm about to finish my Nysc program. and I'm planning to study in Spain for my MSc
pls can someone tells me things I need to put in place
thanks and Godbless

Read the thread from page 1. I mean, the very least you need to scale the Spanish Embassy hurdle is to be enterprising which also holds true for searching for a school that will admit you.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 11:28pm On Jan 25, 2016
ekechil:
Thanks bro for the response, please my resumption date is 15th Feb 2016 and your no 2 step talks about a month and half to resumption date. My legalisation date is 3rd Feb 2016 and every document is ready, what do you think about the timing?

Well I reckon that step was not written here but if you have an urgent legalization, it pays to tell them. They always considered me every time I asked. You've run out of time and they will definitely tell you to get a document from your possibly adjusting your resumption period.

This document like everything you should be going with should be original. To be sure I had my school send one to me because I resumed after three weeks.

As for how to salvage the situation, you can still shoot them an email because you are really hard pressed for time. You should at least give them 14 days before travel date to process the visa and but you apparently will fall short of that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

STUDY IN BULGARIA / Being Black In Berlin/germany / Tell Us About The City Where You Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.