Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1234671 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 3:56pm On Dec 11, 2018
Minemrys:

are we sure disney does that?

Very sure. They do it for most of their movies
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 4:10pm On Dec 11, 2018
Minemrys:

it doesn't mean WB must do it. If they focus on just making films that stand a test of time, they'd need n0t bribe any0ne. DC has the capability of producing great films if WB wants it. And its n0t the critics or marvel that'll prevent them fr0m doing that. It's WB.

It is not just by producing great film, you also need to pay people to market your products to make more money and boost the film/company image.

You can't succeed without a marketing strategy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 4:11pm On Dec 11, 2018
hulk616:
DC fans can't just accept defeat. 95M tongue tongue. Aquaman making 1 billion hahahahah next joke please

grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:26pm On Dec 11, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

It is not just by producing great film, you also need to pay people to market your products to make more money and boost the film/company image.

You can't succeed without a marketing strategy
Does bribing critics now become a marketing strategy?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:28pm On Dec 11, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Very sure. They do it for most of their movies
Which movies in particular? You have to speak with facts...i don't think disney bribe critics..

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:32pm On Dec 11, 2018
philfearon:

Everything needs hype...
It's the hype that sells the stories!!!
That's cheating the fans you know...? Hyping a product you know is mediocre.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by typicalgamer(m): 5:56pm On Dec 11, 2018
Minemrys:

bro go with what sells o prvypu will end up like

solo a star wars story
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by typicalgamer(m): 5:57pm On Dec 11, 2018
Minemrys:

Does bribing critics now become a marketing strategy?

one of the most important strategy of it all

marvel been there done that now it's their fans that's doing the promoting for them

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 6:24pm On Dec 11, 2018
Minemrys:

Yeah... Life is hard!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 7:37pm On Dec 11, 2018
hulk616:
DC fans can't just accept defeat. 95M tongue tongue. Aquaman making 1 billion hahahahah next joke please
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:01pm On Dec 11, 2018
BlackManta:

A movie made $95m in 3 days in one country.
How is that a defeat
bros u get time oh...serious. I envy how u get time to dy reply s0me people.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 8:25pm On Dec 11, 2018
Minemrys:

bros u get time oh...serious. I envy how u get time to dy reply s0me people.

My mistake..

I won't reply those trolls again.

I just noticed since Aquaman broke box office records in China these trolls can't find any reasonable thing to use against the movie.

They think say this one go flop..

Some people sha... cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 8:41pm On Dec 11, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Forget, if aqua man end up a huge success in China then it will make likely hit $1bn. The only mistake the dummies in WB and DC studios continue to make is not paying online critics and influencers to market their film positively. That's what marvel and Disney do.

Aquaman can become the highest grossing DC movie since TDK trilogy but I don't think it will make a billion.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Grossing $100m+ in 4 days in China is a big surprise but let's not forget that the movie had little or no competition.

Mary Poppins and Bumblebee hasn't released in China yet but it will release in the same week as Aquaman in America.
So I don't think it will make $90m+ in 3 days in America but I won't be surprised if it does.

Aquaman could become the biggest film this December but we'll wait and see.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:42pm On Dec 11, 2018
Minemrys:

Which movies in particular? You have to speak with facts...i don't think disney bribe critics..

It is common logic.

Disney owns a huge share of the media empire. They own ABC, ESPN, Lucasfilm, Fox tv (about to be 100% completed) etc. |Critics working in those companies have no choice than to give them positive reviews whenever a Disney movie is coming out. Thats the strategy. And they are buying more companies.

If you are looking for pictures were a Disney official is giving a critic money, then you are on a long thing.

Buying over or paying someone has gone beyond giving the individual physical cash, if you love your job as a top critic, you have to speak well of your new boss and his produce.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Afobear: 9:52pm On Dec 11, 2018
BlackManta:

My mistake..

I won't reply those trolls again.

I just noticed since Aquaman broke box office records in China these trolls can't find any reasonable thing to use against the movie.

They think say this one go flop..

Some people sha... cheesy

Let me just bookmark sha

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Afobear: 9:54pm On Dec 11, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

It is common logic.

Disney owns a huge share of the media empire. They own ABC, ESPN, Lucasfilm, Fox tv (about to be 100% completed) etc. |Critics working in those companies have no choice than to give them positive reviews whenever a Disney movie is coming out. Thats the strategy. And they are buying more companies.

If you are looking for pictures were a Disney official is giving a critic money, then you are on a long thing.

Buying over or paying someone has gone beyond giving the individual physical cash, if you love your job as a top critic, you have to speak well of your new boss and his produce.

Make una dey give unaself headache

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 7:12am On Dec 12, 2018
Aqua man currently sitting at 76% on RT, which to me is fair. Does it mean that D.C execs don't know how to handle team ups. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Cc; Minemrys, Blackmanta, Phifearon, Tonyspike, Thekingishere, misky2000

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 7:26am On Dec 12, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Aqua man currently sitting at 76% on RT, which to me is fair. Does it mean that D.C execs don't know how to handle team ups. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Their worst movies according to critics are their team ups.
That is a bit true.

Justice league and Suicide Squad sucked.
BVS was not that bad.

WW, Aquaman were good.
MOS was mixed to positive.

You think DC should stick to solo movies ?

76% on RT is good not fair.
Fair should be 60's I think .

Aquaman only need 75% or more to be certified fresh.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 7:50am On Dec 12, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Not in the animations I believe... Even the current Aquaman movie has similarities with the animated Justice League: Throne of Atlantis.
I think the problem is rushed productions with no proper character development.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 7:55am On Dec 12, 2018
BlackManta:

Their worst movies according to critics are their team ups.
That is a bit true.

Justice league and Suicide Squad sucked.
BVS was not that bad.

WW, Aquaman were good.
MOS was mixed to positive.

You think DC should stick to solo movies ?

76% on RT is good not fair.
Fair should be 60's I think .

Aquaman only need 75% or more to be certified fresh.

BVS
MOS
WW
are all solid movies... The fight scenes were epic, MOS taking the top win in all.
The first 20mins in MOS was classic...Reason same strategy was deployed in Aquaman.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:02am On Dec 12, 2018
It is is because of critics like this that WB needs to grow some real balls and stick to their dark themes. For the critics, I have noticed these two categories, no matter the DC movie:

Dark DC movies: The movie lacks joy, no moments of chemistry, not fun and too depressing

Light DC movies: The movie is a good departure from the darkness but this is too similar to "insert Marcel movie". Not original in character building.

In my opinion, WB is fighting a lost battle, they should have stuck to their original themes and their hardcore fan base.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:08am On Dec 12, 2018
The silly critic even mentioned subtly that MOS, BVS and JL are all imitations of marvel movies. Can you imagine how silly this critic is?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 8:29am On Dec 12, 2018
TonySpike:
It is is because of critics like this that WB needs to grow some real balls and stick to their dark themes. For the critics, I have noticed these two categories, no matter the DC movie:

Dark DC movies: The movie lacks joy, no moments of chemistry, not fun and too depressing

Light DC movies: The movie is a good departure from the darkness but this is too similar to "insert Marcel movie". Not original in character building.

In my opinion, WB is fighting a lost battle, they should have stuck to their original themes and their hardcore fan base.

I saw that article and I was pissed.

If Aquaman was dark and gritty, critics will complain .

Now that Aquaman is fun and light like Marvel, some critic thinks it's a Thor wannabe.

What exactly do these people want

I wish WB gave them the middle finger and stuck to the original dark theme angry

The truth is... Critics have gotten so used to having Marvel movies to the extent that if a superhero film is not Marvel they will scrutinise it deeply for flaws but if the movie uses the so called Marvel formula....it will get thrashed for being a bad imitation /marvel wannabe.

These people are confused.

I'm glad at least 75% of critics thought Aquaman was good.
I will see the movie for myself and make my own judgement.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 8:39am On Dec 12, 2018
Reasons why you should not depend on critics judgement.
See a movie for yourself and make your own judgement.

This critic thinks use of CGI is a bad idea.

Like WTF was he expecting... cheesy

So WB should have employed actors who can breathe underwater

Why the heck was CGI invented.

This is like insulting Star Wars because the producers used CGI and innovations instead of sending actors to space.

Imagine that cheesy

A top critic... Seriously cheesy

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:45am On Dec 12, 2018
BlackManta:

I saw that article and I was pissed.

If Aquaman was dark and gritty, critics will complain .

Now that Aquaman is fun and light like Marvel, some critic thinks it's a Thor wannabe.

What exactly do these people want

I wish WB gave them the middle finger and stuck to the original dark theme angry

The truth is... Critics have gotten so used to having Marvel movies to the extent that if a superhero film is not Marvel they will scrutinise it deeply for flaws but if the movie uses the so called Marvel formula....it will get thrashed for being a bad imitation /marvel wannabe.

These people are confused.

I'm glad at least 75% of critics thought Aquaman was good.
I will see the movie for myself and make my own judgement.

79% is the current ratings. About 100 more reviews to go.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 8:50am On Dec 12, 2018
philfearon:

BVS
MOS
WW
are all solid movies... The fight scenes were epic, MOS taking the top win in all.
The first 20mins in MOS was classic...Reason same strategy was deployed in Aquaman.

BVS was good.
Not ground breaking, not awesome...just good.

Aside the controversial Martha scene.

I thought BVS was far from bad.

But according to critics....Henry Cavil Superman is too sad and depressed and doesn't smile very much like Christopher Reeves plus a Batman who is still battling with Jason Todd's death is too brutal on criminals.

So yeah....A bad movie. undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:53am On Dec 12, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Warner bros you mean? Saw Aquaman today, n0t impressed with the film. I didn't like wonder woman, but that film trumps Aquaman. I see why critics were fair to it. There were no stakes, no suspense, like Avengers: age of ultr0n, the m0vie was too predictable. Unlike BvS, MOS, WW, Aquaman has no re-watchability factor (if there's a word for it)
See it and make ur mind though, i just stated what i thought.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 9:02am On Dec 12, 2018
TonySpike:

79% is the current ratings. About 100 more reviews to go.

It will likely finish as a Certified Fresh.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:12am On Dec 12, 2018
Minemrys:

Warner bros you mean? Saw Aquaman today, n0t impressed with the film. I didn't like wonder woman, but that film trumps Aquaman. I see why critics were fair to it. There were no stakes, no suspense, like Avengers: age of ultr0n, the m0vie was too predictable. Unlike BvS, MOS, WW, Aquaman has no re-watchability factor (if there's a word for it)

Do you think Geoff Johns did a bad job on the Aquaman story? Or you think was the script bad?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 12, 2018
Minemrys:

I said it grin grin DC will never disappoint me in flopping. grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:31am On Dec 12, 2018
TonySpike:

They can't, that's why they are dishing out lesbian oriented films such as birds of prey, supergirl, GCSirens, batgirl in their schedule.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 9:32am On Dec 12, 2018
Minemrys:

They can't, that's why they are dishing out lesbian oriented films such as birds of prey, supergirl, GCSirens, batgirl in their schedule.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.