Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,379 members, 7,836,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Settling: Is This A Sign Of The Times? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Settling: Is This A Sign Of The Times? (749 Views)

Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? / Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? / If A Girl Is Extremely Busty (breast-wise), Is It A Sign Of Way-Wardness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Settling: Is This A Sign Of The Times? by nalijah07(f): 10:04pm On Jan 30, 2009
Nairalanders,

During an office discussion concerning the economy, one of my co-workers said that she was recently forced to date a man that had been pursuing her for years, but she was never really interested in him before. She changed her mind and moved in with him because of the economy.

She said that everytime she tries to save money, something will pop up like an unexpected bill and kick her back to square one again.

So I ask, do you think it is more ideal to make it on your own as a single person as long as you manage your money well, or is a two person household necessary in these times? Would you settle for just anyone to make ends meet?
Re: Settling: Is This A Sign Of The Times? by fs(f): 10:14pm On Jan 30, 2009
Well, I think you're asking different questions and I'll to answer them.

Yes, i think it's ideal for each individual to make "it" on their own. "It" means different things to different people, but for me it simply means that each individual has goals/ambition, a job, is in school; has to desire to work and be successful in life. Both guys and gals.

The second question is, is a 2 income household the way to go? That depends on each family's goal. For me, I hope to always work. My husband also likes it that way. I went to school, I want to use my education. It's not ideal if both spouses' income are needed to live a comfortable life. Personally, I'll prefer if only one of our incomes is used in our day to day living, while the other person's income is completely put into savings/retirement. All in all, a 2 income household is ideal for my family.

The last question about settling for anyone just to make ends meet. I don't have an answer to that. I could say no, I would never do that, but I'm already married so who knows. In an ideal world, I'll say no one should settle just to make ends meet. But what does settle even mean?

I have just rambled some stuff here, hopefully I made some sense somwhere in there.
Re: Settling: Is This A Sign Of The Times? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 30, 2009
i'm lucky i have 2 elder sisters to share rent (or skimp on rent  tongue) with. i think it woulda been a better idea for her to move in with another female. a cousin/colleague/co-worker/church member some body that isn't that guy?

a two-person household is really ok, especially when each person knows the other's privacy line and respects it. i don't think that guy's gonna respect her privacy circle. he won't rape her, but he won't let her be either and will increase the intensity of his passes embarassed.

that said, i think she needs deliverance from the locusts that waste by noonday! no kidding
Re: Settling: Is This A Sign Of The Times? by nalijah07(f): 10:32pm On Jan 30, 2009
Well for me, I would prefer two salary's, but not to the point where I would use someone to achieve it.

(1) (Reply)

Dou Think U Arewhort It Then Read This For Babes Only: / Find Love This Valentine / Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.