Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,239 members, 7,815,324 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. (56713 Views)

5 Weird Toasting Styles Nigerian Guys Use For Women. / Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Irritating Things Nigerian Guys Do That Turn Ladies Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
This question has really been bothering me for quite some time. From my observation, it seems guys tend to me more versatile and knowledgeable in a lot of areas than ladies.

In public settings, you hardly find women making reasonable arguments and discussions, its just mindless chit-chats and gossip, unlike guys who argue important facets of life like philosophical concepts and politics.

I stayed in the girls hostel in school and I hardly ever witnessed a reasonable argument or discourse.
Even here on Nairaland, I have noticed the same thing. On the religion and politics section for instance, you rarely see ladies involving in intelligent discourse and arguments. Just few.

I stay in lagos and I listen to the radio a lot.
There are particular programs I enjoy listening to such as,
~ Chat station with Nelly
~Morning crossfire, both on Nigeria info 99.3.
A lot of intelligent and educative discussions on various topics are being held on these programs but you find out that 95% of the contributions are made by men.

Why is all this so?. Is it that ladies are scared to share their opinions or they just aren't as wise and knowledgeable as the guys?

62 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
sure

5 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
most ladies are less outspoken but the few ones among do it perfectly even more than guys.

20 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by goodmorning40: 4:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
No women are jars of knowledge, it's just that they are busy humans they have a lot of things acting in them and on them that they do not have time for arguments and opinions unlike guys who are always idle minded and free headed
And that is why crime is more in the guy folks; idle minds

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Princecalm(m): 4:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
You should try and ask the person that said "what a man can do a woman can do it better".

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by MrsChima(f): 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
Despite the saying that the most educated are Nigerian men...I have met a plethora or "educated" Nigerian men who can't reason to save their life. Just because you can regurgitate what you have digested from lecture halls doesn't make you smart.

Education and Intelligence are two separate definitions and you would think it would be interchangeable but, if George Bush Jr who graduated from an ivy league institution can be coined as the dumbest president in HISTORY.

Educated doesn't mean you have wits or common sense that is what smart is!

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
Well, i'm an exception. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
goodmorning40:
No women are jars of knowledge, it's just that they are busy humans they have a lot of things acting in them and on them that they do not have time for arguments and opinions unlike guys who are always idle minded and free headed

Well on the contrary, I think men tend to be less idle than women.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
Vickybee:
Well, i'm an exception. smiley

Ditto
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Pinkiedearie(f): 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
Sorry to say this but to an extent yes!
Some find more pleasure in other things like fashion,romance...and all that..
While the knowledgeable ones prefer to keep mute on some issues.
Like here on nairaland some guys take arguments to another level of insults which we are really sensitive to...#as the weaker vessels

11 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by ireneony(f): 4:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
am different o...
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
missclasssy:

Ditto
Politics section is too hot for ladies except ones that can stand insults.

I think you should visit Family section to see intelligent ladies.

Romance section girls are not just it.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Cutehector(m): 4:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
Vickybee:

u said it all. romance section girls are not just it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
Vickybee:

You can say ladies aren't interested in politics, not that the section is "hot".
It's just heated up arguments, tribal rants, and all that, some of which can be fun actually.

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Cutehector(m): 4:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
Have u met beamborla? She is very intelligent and she frequents d politics section a lot and doesn't care abt d bashin! Buh she dey eff up sha.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Cutehector(m): 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
ireneony:
am different o...
wetin u sabi? Ur posts are filled wit "I am in love wit seun"

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 19, 2015
MrsChima:
Despite the saying that the most educated are Nigerian men...I have met a plethora or "educated" Nigerian men who can't reason to save their life. Just because you can regurgitate what you have digested from lecture halls doesn't make you smart.

Education and Intelligence are two separate definitions and you would think it would be interchangeable but, if George Bush Jr who graduated from an ivy league institution can be coined as the dumbest president in HISTORY.

missus, we are given a Nigerian setting for the record.

Here in our African country - Nigeria. Many young women barely discuss serious topics like sports or international politics. Most are very immature and fairly literate. You now understand why many of them chat with 'k'. 'kkk' 'ayt' 'em'.

Seriously. Just little more at nd I'll give up!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
Vickybee:

Excuses after excuses. what stops you from making meaningful political contributions/posts and ignoring the tribal bigots and warlords?

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
Oh well... Dunno how to answer that.... But I love to act like a lady, think like a man.. grin

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Mutuwa(m): 4:59pm On Apr 19, 2015
In the first instance there was a man (Adam) before the woman.Even if she came 10 seconds after his creation he is still over and above her in thoughts and knowledge,because he has seen what he has seen,in his own realm and medium of interpretations.
Men are govern by lines of intellect and wisdom,leaving women govern by curves of their emotions.BUT between knowledge and wisdom there is a difference which the woman maybe seemingly abreast in one due to her innate capacity to grasp and give positive interpretations to it,which is knowledge but certainly NOT wisdom.

4 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by MrsChima(f): 5:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
Funnicator:
missus, we are given a Nigerian setting for the record.

Here in our African country - Nigeria. Many young women barely discuss serious topics like sports or international politics. Most are very immature and fairly literate. You now understand why many of them chat with 'k'. 'kkk' 'ayt' 'em'.

Seriously. Just little more at nd I'll give up!

LMAO! grin grin. Negro...one's ability to regurgitate politics and sports doesn't make one's smart. Yes....there are illiterate Nigerian girls so are the boys!

Chinese men are far smarter than Nigerian men!

4 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
Mutuwa:
In the first instance there was a man (Adam) before the woman.Even if she came 10 seconds after his creation he is still over and above her in thoughts and knowledge,because he has seen what he has seen,in his own realm and medium of interpretations.
Men are govern by lines of intellect and wisdom,leaving women govern by curves of their emotions.BUT between knowledge and wisdom there is a difference which the woman maybe seemingly abreast in one due to her innate capacity to grasp and give positive interpretations to it,which is knowledge but certainly NOT wisdom.

Nice contribution, but I would rule off the Adam and Eve analogy as fallacious.

6 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 19, 2015
MrsChima:

This statement is an excerpt of how a dumb mind reason. Were talking about how Nigerian girls don't participate in anything intellectual and educative and you're talking about lecture halls and George Bush. Does that even make sense to you?

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 19, 2015
goodmorning40:

Listen to yourself,so any guy that argues is jobless & idle minded¿

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by RapLawd(m): 5:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
missclasssy:

Well on the contrary, I think men tend to be less idle than women.

so this lane you choose to ride on -we men tend to be less idle and ladies what less occupied or less intellectual

missclasssy:

You can say ladies aren't interested in politics, not that the section is "hot". It's just heated up arguments, tribal rants, and all that, some of which can be fun actually.

That's not an excuse...ladies should be involved in politics to the other way round...- I in particular is dreaming to see a visionary and vibrant lady to be Nigeria's president...

@Op...

Ladies are mostly interested in one thing-Family...you wanna know how intelligent you guys are you said you like radio programs right?... always try to catch up with ones involving family issues... ask an average lady on how to handle family affairs, do that with some of my Niggahz and you will testily.... but I still suggest and highly recommend that ladies should be broad and open to society...we needs your contributions on this that matters most

#NothingElse

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
Pinkiedearie:
Like here on nairaland some guys take arguments to another level of insults which we are really sensitive to...#as the weaker vessels

You guys are now accepting the fact that you are the weaker vessel... People like irene & vickyb would disagree to agree with you.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
Funnicator:
Excuses after excuses. what stops you from making meaningful political contributions/posts and ignoring the tribal bigots and warlords?
I frequent family section.
I don't have any business with politics.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 19, 2015
Cutehector:
u said it all. romance section girls are not just it

Like she isn't part of the romance sect!

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 19, 2015
[quote author=MrsChima post=32890311]

LMAO! grin grin. Negro...one's ability to regurgitate politics and sports doesn't make one's smart. Yes....there are illiterate Nigerian girls so are the boys!

Chinese men are far [b]smarter[/b] than Nigerian men!
[/quote[b]][/b] slave, you are ranting about.

Proof for the bolded or you are a certified cretinous slave.

On the other hand. Ability to discuss heated international policies and making handful opinions show one's ability to make accurate and fair judgements on issues. And for your information. A good politician or political analyst must amongst every other feature, be smart.

6 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by RapLawd(m): 5:10pm On Apr 19, 2015
sauceny:

You guys are now accepting the fact that you are the weaker vessel... People like irene & vickyb would disagree to agree with you.

is there a thing like weaker vessel in humanity?

what makes you think that you're superior to them?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 19, 2015
Pinkiedearie:

Thanks for your contribution.
I would agree I am a weaker vessel in terms of physical strength but definitely not mentally.

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 19, 2015
sauceny:

I'm not a weaker vessel.
She's speaking for herself.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

"Richard Nyong Impregnated Me" - Ebiere, Ex-Staff Shares Photo Of His Son / Girl Finds Out Disgusting Job Boyfriend Does For A Living After She Got Pregnant / Here Are The First Things Women Notice When They Meet Men They May Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.