Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,362 members, 7,864,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:12 AM

Who Was Unfair? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Was Unfair? (1264 Views)

What Is The Most Unfair Punishment You Have Ever Received? / 5 Unfair Situations Girls Get Guys Into. / Seven Unfair Situations Guys Get Ladies Into. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Was Unfair? by walearoy(m): 7:03pm On Apr 19, 2015
Debate for de Evening
This is a Test Case Study for all.

THE HOME
A man came back from work and met his wife making love to another man on their matrimonial bed. Without shouting or beating any of them he went to the sitting room, switched on the television and sat quietly listening to the news.

A few minutes later, the man got dressed, came to the sitting room and said to the husband 'I am sorry'. Before he could say any more words, the husband said 'don't worry, stuff like this happens'.
The man left, but the wife did not come out of the room.

Tired of watching television, the husband switched off the TV, went into the room, met the wife crying. Without saying a word to her or asking about the incident, he went straight to bed and slept.

In the morning, the husband woke up and saw the lifeless body of the wife. She committed suicide while he was sleeping. The husband was arrested and sentenced to 20 years imprisonment for murder.

QUESTION: Who is unfair in this?

1. The Law

2.The Wife

3.The Husband

4. The Man

Please give a reason for your answer??
Re: Who Was Unfair? by pTomz(m): 7:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
dats hw GUILT slaughters
Re: Who Was Unfair? by goodmorning40: 7:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
Kai they shld release the man joo he instead deserve an award
Re: Who Was Unfair? by Jayjay0(m): 7:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
the wife naaa.....who ever arrested d dude is foolish i think
Re: Who Was Unfair? by AndreRose(f): 7:26pm On Apr 19, 2015
The law- they didn't investigate the matter before arriving at their verdict.
The husband was just smart,he gave her the silent treatment, which perhaps led to her death(suicide maybe).

1 Like

Re: Who Was Unfair? by MRBrownJ: 8:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
@OP
the only person who is "unfair" here is the dead wife who cheated on her husband and then had the audacity to kill herself, and put her husband in so much trouble.

the LAW making a grave mistake and trying this man for murder is also in the wrong here.
Re: Who Was Unfair? by walearoy(m): 8:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
MRBrownJ:
@OP
the only person who is "unfair" here is the dead wife who cheated on her husband and then had the audacity to kill herself, and put her husband in so much trouble.

the LAW making a grave mistake and trying this man for murder is also in the wrong here.

Concurred
Re: Who Was Unfair? by TrishaP(f): 8:11pm On Apr 19, 2015
Kind of tough. At first, I blamed the law for not running a proper investigation before convicting the husband.

Then later I reasoned the woman's fear of her husband's silent treatment that must have driven her to commit suicide. Funny!

I really can't place my hand on the actual person.

As for the man (her cheating partner) he was long gone before the suicide attempt.

Abi na the man ghost kill the woman.

Ah all these kind questions dey confuse person sha.

3 Likes

Re: Who Was Unfair? by sinizia: 9:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
walearoy:
The husband was arrested and sentenced to 20 years imprisonment for murder.

I can't answer your question because it's not possible for the husband to be sentenced. It has never happened before. The judge has to be a first class idíot for that to happen.

1 Like

Re: Who Was Unfair? by walearoy(m): 10:29pm On Apr 19, 2015
sinizia:

I can't answer your question because it's not possible for the husband to be sentenced. It has never happened before. The judge has to be a first class idíot for that to happen.

Its all fictional
Re: Who Was Unfair? by walearoy(m): 10:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
TrishaP:
Kind of tough. At first, I blamed the law for not running a proper investigation before convicting the husband.

Then later I reasoned the woman's fear of her husband's silent treatment that must have driven her to commit suicide. Funny!

I really can't place my hand on the actual person.

As for the man (her cheating partner) he was long gone before the suicide attempt.

Abi na the man ghost kill the woman.

Ah all these kind questions dey confuse person sha.

To me I blame the wife sha!
Cos if she dint cheat, the husband won't have caught her, nd she wldnt have taken poison nd the law won't make a mistake.
So she started the chain reaction
Re: Who Was Unfair? by sneak3(m): 10:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
The law is unfair here, reason being that it is better to free 99 criminals than to jail one innocent man...

The woman died of guilt which is a normal phenomenon so blaming her is nonsensical. She just cldnt handle the silent treatment dished out to her my her Mr extremely calm husband..

Give me this question 100 times I will always blame the law. What happen to autopsy??
Re: Who Was Unfair? by sneak3(m): 10:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
walearoy:

Concurred

Obeni osi n wo nairaland abi ?? Ma lo wa deposit fun UBA..
Re: Who Was Unfair? by MRBrownJ: 10:42pm On Apr 19, 2015
sinizia:

the judge does not need to be an e-diot to sentence him to death, its all down to the evidences and how the case went in court.
Re: Who Was Unfair? by sinizia: 10:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
MRBrownJ:

the judge does not need to be an e-diot to sentence him to death, its all down to the evidences and how the case went in court.

Judging from the OP's post, can you point out the evidences please?
Re: Who Was Unfair? by MRBrownJ: 11:16pm On Apr 19, 2015
sinizia:

Judging from the OP's post, can you point out the evidences please?

i am sorry if you couldnt understand what i wrote, so i will try to be a bit clearer......for your own sake.

judging from the OP's post you should have understood the following:
this is fictional and simply a test case study brought by the OP. so we can look at this case in so many ways, and that's what the OP wants us to do in order to bring some discussion to the table.

therefore.......... if it is a trial by jury, then a skillful lawyer with proper evidences could sway the case in whatever way they desire, and if the husband is found guilty then how would that be the judge's fault?

if you had read my earlier post, i clearly stated that the law is making a grave mistake, but sadly, we all know that the law is not always just.
Re: Who Was Unfair? by sinizia: 11:31pm On Apr 19, 2015
MRBrownJ:

i am sorry if you couldnt understand what i wrote, so i will try to be a bit clearer......for your own sake.

judging from the OP's post you should have understood the following:
this is fictional and simply a test case study brought by the OP. so we can look at this case in so many ways, and that's what the OP wants us to do in order to bring some discussion to the table.

therefore.......... if it is a trial by jury, then a skillful lawyer with proper evidences could sway the case in whatever way they desire, and if the husband is found guilty then how would that be the judge's fault?

if you had read my earlier post, i clearly stated that the law is making a grave mistake, but sadly, we all know that the law is not always just.

Your embolden words said we can look at it from many ways, so based on the premise that the woman committed suicide while the husband slept peacefully (OP's words not mine), I choose to look at it that the judge is an idiót.
Re: Who Was Unfair? by MRBrownJ: 12:50am On Apr 20, 2015
sinizia:
Your embolden words said we can look at it from many ways, so based on the premise that the woman committed suicide while the husband slept peacefully (OP's words not mine), I choose to look at it that the judge is an idiót.

yes, during bench trials, many judges can make mistakes due to the evidences that are brought to them, but i doubt that being "idiots" is what would define their errors.
Re: Who Was Unfair? by buoye1(m): 1:07am On Apr 20, 2015
Tales by moon light.....

Sentenced to 20years without investigation?

Shoro niyen?
Re: Who Was Unfair? by walearoy(m): 5:50am On Apr 20, 2015
sneak3:

Obeni osi n wo nairaland abi ?? Ma lo wa deposit fun UBA..

If I catch you ehn!
Re: Who Was Unfair? by yilly(f): 7:39am On Apr 20, 2015
the law
Re: Who Was Unfair? by etazi0001: 5:23pm On Apr 20, 2015
all i have to say is this

THE LAW MUST BE CRAZZZZZY

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Tell Your Friend They Have Body/mouth Odour? / Man And Woman Who Should Show Appreciation The More After Sex. Give Reasons / Why Are Bad Girls Getting Married These Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.