Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,568 members, 7,812,837 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? (14702 Views)

Things I Am Seeing In Guest House, Women are not to be trusted / Things Responsible Men Do When Their Partner Is Pregnant -bamisepeters' Blog / Why Are Nigerian Women So Materialistic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 20, 2015
Okay I came accross this picture with this caption

"If you don't attain a certain level of success, responsible women can't fall inlove with you
It's not that they are materialistic or they love money..... It's because they are too responsible
to walk into poverty with their eyes open."

Guys do you agree, and if not then why?

Ladies how true is this statement

Everyone, where do you draw the line between responsibility and materialism?
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 20, 2015
Ladies please
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by mutter(f): 6:10pm On Apr 20, 2015
A responsible woman will not want to put herself in a situation he get`s desperate. Many offences are committed in desperation.
A responsible woman also wants to be able to offer her children something.
However a responsible woman will not marry a man just for his money.
A responsible woman would like to know the source of the money.

14 Likes

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 20, 2015
mutter:
A responsible woman will not want to put herself in a situation he get`s desperate. Many offences are committed in desperation.
A responsible woman also wants to be able to offer her children something.
However a responsible woman will not marry a man just for his money.
A responsible woman would like to know the source of the money.
Cunning answer, we know who a responsible woman should be, question is, do you agree with the statement and why?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by bennyrazz: 6:17pm On Apr 20, 2015
responsible women are too responsible to work into Poverty? issorite. Ever heard of the word "fate" ? A man that his rich today, might lose all his riches tomorrow. What happens to the marriage? Break off or break up right? due to the fact that man cannot live up to the financial responsibilities of the woman? Take a cue from great men of this world, read the stories of their wives and how they met, Very humble beginning. Any man/woman that works by sight in choosing a life partner is destined for doom. Lastly responsibility does not determine materialism.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 20, 2015
A responsible man shouldn't cause his woman to be materialistic.

A Responsible man should know when his woman is in want and provide accordingly to the size of his pocket.

I am a guy but it is appalling how a guy would just totally ignore the needs of his woman in the guise that She shouldn't be materialistic.

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Penssuwa(m): 6:35pm On Apr 20, 2015
I don't know what you're trying to say, or colour you want to coat the truth with, but I know that every woman is materialistic and selfish. What differs is the degree.

13 Likes

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Nnemuka(f): 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2015

1 Like

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 20, 2015
Penssuwa:
I don't know what you're trying to say, or colour you want to coat the truth with, but I know that every woman is materialistic and selfish. What differs is the degree.
Am not trying to say anything

Focus on the topic and let's stop generalizing. Am a guy, and I know I have set some standards for the kind of woman
I want to be with. I also believe a woman can and should set her standards also.

We always crink when a lady says she wants a succesful man, let us first understand that success is relative, and cannot be determined by how rich anyone is. Success is an all inclusive term and it differs from person to person.

What some ladies call success, is actually what is expected of any man, while some are just plain greedy, so again it is a relative term.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by MRBrownJ: 7:00pm On Apr 20, 2015
@OP
sadly, the women portrayed in what you wrote are a disease to struggling men all over the world, because :
A) it infers that poor men are therefore irresponsible people who walked into poverty with their eyes open
B) your success/failure has nothing to do with poverty
C) if a woman was not by your side when you were struggling to be successful, then she has NO business being by yourself when you make it.
D) such women are not "responsible", they are lazy women who expect a smooth ride in life, being mentally (and possibly monetary) poor themselves.

now here is what i MBJ believe is a responsible woman
- a "responsible" woman would NEVER let what a man brings to the table be only what she can eat.
- a "responsible" woman would understand that all the blessings of a man are NOT material.
- a "responsible" woman that loves her man would certainly understand his struggle, remain loyal to him, encourage and lift his spirit up, whether they start/fall in poverty or not.

32 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by mutter(f): 7:01pm On Apr 20, 2015
Kingsleyinfo:

Cunning answer, we know who a responsible woman should be, question is, do you agree with the statement and why?
She is not materialistic but pays attention to the material.

3 Likes

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Penssuwa(m): 7:05pm On Apr 20, 2015
Kingsleyinfo:

Am not trying to say anything

Focus on the topic and let's stop generalizing. Am a guy, and I know I have set some standards for the kind of woman
I want to be with. I also believe a woman can and should set her standards also.

We always crink when a lady says she wants a succesful man, let us first understand that success is relative, and cannot be determined by how rich anyone is. Success is an all inclusive term and it differs from person to person.

What some ladies call success, is actually what is expected of any man, while some are just plain greedy, so again it is a relative term.
You've clearly answered ur question and leaned on my point. Every woman wants a successful man. Believe me, even at secondary school, some ladies have started fantasizing on how wealthy their husband must be. A ready-made, so to say. What baffles me is that many believe that being a fine woman is enough to fetch any conceivable favour and dream husband.

1 Like

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 20, 2015
Penssuwa:

You've clearly answered ur question and leaned on my point. Every woman wants a successful man. Believe me, even at secondary school, some ladies have started fantasizing on how wealthy their husband must be. A ready-made, so to say. What baffles me is that many believe that being a fine woman is enough to fetch any conceivable favour and dream husband.
Well I certainly agree with you that most pretty ladies have been misled by their beauty, and are currently 'eating the bread of sorrow'

Beauty is vain if you ask me, but still I will prefer a beautiful lady to an ugly one. #Fact

3 Likes

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 20, 2015
MRBrownJ:
@OP
sadly, the women portrayed in what you wrote are a disease to struggling men all over the world, because :
A) it infers that poor men are therefore irresponsible people who walked into poverty with their eyes open
C) if a woman was not by your side when you were struggling to be successful, then she has NO business being by yourself when you make it.
D) such women are not "responsible", they are lazy women who expect a smooth ride in life, being mentally (and possibly monetary) poor themselves.

- a "responsible" woman would NEVER let what a man brings to the table be only what she can eat.
- a "responsible" woman would understand that all the blessings of a man are NOT material.
- a "responsible" woman that loves her man would certainly understand his struggle, remain loyal to him, encourage and lift his spirit up, whether they start/fall in poverty or not.
Insightful

1 Like

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Ewuro4: 10:26pm On Apr 20, 2015
MRBrownJ:
@OP

FINALLY.

Thank you sir.

2 Likes

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by EfemenaXY: 10:28pm On Apr 20, 2015
Threads like this give reason for bone idle, lazy guys to never see the need to get up and hustle.

You'll see them on Nland all day and all night present in every fight and roaming about like monitoring spirits, even while lazing on their backsides for days without bothering to have a wash, browsing online with topped up credit from mum, dad, uncle, and aunty... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

14 Likes

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 20, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Threads like this give reason for bone idle, lazy guys to never see the need to get up and hustle.

You'll see them on Nland all day and all night present in every fight and roaming about like monitoring spirits, even while lazing on their backsides for days without bothering to have a wash, browsing online with topped up credit from mum, dad, uncle, and aunty... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Does success come by hustling or by planning?

Just asking though

1 Like

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by EfemenaXY: 10:36pm On Apr 20, 2015
Kingsleyinfo:

Does success come by hustling or by planning?

Just asking though

Define success.

2 Likes

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 20, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Define success.

Ask google, if you couldn't answer a simple question, why ask me one?

People just feel the need to talk off point without recourse to the topic in discuss.

Try reading a topic with an open mind, maybe you will see it's a win win for everyone... undecided

10 Likes

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by EfemenaXY: 10:51pm On Apr 20, 2015
Kingsleyinfo:

Ask google, if you couldn't answer a simple question, why ask me one?

People just feel the need to talk off point without recourse to the topic in discuss.

Try reading a topic with an open mind, maybe you will see it's a win win for everyone... undecided

You shouldn't ask questions if you can't answer them.

Abi? So take your own advice and go use google to answer the question you asked me rather than talking off point without recourse to the topic in discussion.

6 Likes

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by obo389(m): 11:08pm On Apr 20, 2015
sorry bro bt truth is;
every woman on earth is materialistic.
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by zeb04(f): 11:55pm On Apr 20, 2015
I am struggling my ass off to make life meaningful for myself and my kids,I would be MAD to walk into poverty(someone who has no finances) in the name of marriage undecided

7 Likes

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by EfemenaXY: 12:07am On Apr 21, 2015
zeb04:
I am struggling my ass off to make life meaningful for myself and my kids,I would be MAD to walk into poverty(someone who has no financies) in the name of marriage undecided

Zeb, then either you aren't ready for marriage or you've totally missed the concept of what it means to be a full blooded, Naija wife.

Don't you know there is "dignity" in suffering like a slave donkey. The more you suffer, the higher your measure of "respectability" as a true African wife.

You must learn to purge yourself of life's little comforts materialism.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 21, 2015
obo389:
sorry bro bt truth is;
every woman on earth is materialistic.
But the men are not?

I really don't agree with your generalization

1 Like

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 21, 2015
zeb04:
I am struggling my ass off to make life meaningful for myself and my kids,I would be MAD to walk into poverty(someone who has no financies) in the name of marriage undecided
If you meet a man that's also struggling his ass off to make life meaningful for his family, but just hasn't gotten to 'your acceptable standards' what would be your reaction?

4 Likes

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 21, 2015
Any woman who goes into a marriage relationship without looking at the husband's finances is probably insane and likely doesn't exist. Young men, believe women marry for love at your peril. In due time, nairaland will hear of your tales of woe; how she banged the soup pot on your head while you tried to get a meal, how she banned you from meat-eating for a month, etc.

Get your money and get a good woman who will not spend it all on Channel and Louboutins. A word is enough.

7 Likes

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by MRBrownJ: 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2015
Timbuktou:
Any woman who goes into a marriage relationship without looking at the husband's finances is probably insane and likely doesn't exist.

any women who looks solely at a man's finances, in order to decide if she wants to marry him or not, is the type of women that men DONT need in their lives. a proper responsible woman would simply delay the wedding (and stay with you) or have a registry marriage, until they BOTH can work together to make it better for the both of them. any wise person knows that you are always stronger when you are two, instead of one, duh!

Young men, believe women marry for love at your peril.

why shouldnt they? too many misled young men believe that they should "make money" and therefore they will get women falling on their lap.... in fact, it just wrongly teaches them that their sole value in women's eyes will depend on how much money they have, which is wrong on so many levels.

but here is a clue: if MONEY is what attracted women into your life then A) this is not a r/ship, it's a business deal where you pay an ashewo to be by your side, and when money don finish she will leave your sorry behind B) a man with more money than you will easily take this GD (golddigger) away from you, and C) you might as well hire a maid and go fukc ashewos everytime you are ho.rny, it's much cheaper and less wahala!

In due time, nairaland will hear of your tales of woe; how she banged the soup pot on your head while you tried to get a meal, how she banned you from meat-eating for a month, etc.

its called LIFE, and finding a GOOD, RESPONSIBLE woman who will respect you as man, whether you have money or not. since when did money was the basis to respect your husband or not? men should stop associate with these broke aasss, golddigging, hungry, desperate, good for nothing women that does not know what a "good man" stands for.

Get your money and get a good woman who will not spend it all on Channel and Louboutins. A word is enough.

here we go again with that fallacy........ sadly, the message above is wrong, IMHO. what young men should look for in life is a great person, caring, respectful, trustworthy, understanding and loving who would MOTIVATE her man to do better (not throw stone at him when he is down and/or leave him); a woman who understands that money comes and go but good values are there for life; a woman who will be by your side through your struggle and who will appreciate and VALUE the rewards of that struggle; a woman that is ready and willing to cross oceans for you and not one that will jump ship as soon as trouble is on the horizon; a woman that will educate your children to be happy and passionate about life rather than educate them to look for riches...... THAT woman is a keeper!

and by the way, a wifey can buy Louboutin and Chanel if/when she knows the value of what you guys have BUILT TOGETHER, sadly many of these broke aaass women out there (who are looking for men that will lift them out of their poverty stricken lives) dont, and only see them as an atm card with an expiry date.

14 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 21, 2015
MRBrownJ:

any women who looks solely at a man's finances, in order to decide if she wants to marry him or not, is the type of women that men DONT need in their lives. a proper responsible woman would simply delay the wedding (and stay with you) or have a registry marriage, until they BOTH can work together to make it better for the both of them. any wise person knows that you are always stronger when you are two, instead of one, duh!

why shouldnt they? too many misled young men believe that they should "make money" and therefore they will get women falling on their lap.... in fact, it just wrongly teaches them that their sole value in women's eyes will depend on how much money they have, which is wrong on so many levels.

but here is a clue: if MONEY is what attracted women into your life then A) this is not a r/ship, it's a business deal where you pay an ashewo to be by your side, and when money don finish she will leave your sorry behind B) a man with more money than you will easily take this GD (golddigger) away from you, and C) you might as well hire a maid and go fukc ashewos everytime you are ho.rny, it's much cheaper and less wahala!

its called LIFE, and finding a GOOD, RESPONSIBLE woman who will respect you as man, whether you have money or not. since when did money was the basis to respect your husband or not? men should stop associate with these broke aasss, golddigging, hungry, desperate, good for nothing women that does not know what a "good man" stands for.

here we go again with that fallacy........ sadly, the message above is wrong, IMHO. what young men should look for in life is a great person, caring, respectful, trustworthy, understanding and loving who would MOTIVATE her man to do better (not throw stone at him when he is down and/or leave him); a woman who understands that money comes and go but good values are there for life; a woman who will be by your side through your struggle and who will appreciate and VALUE the rewards of that struggle; a woman that is ready and willing to cross oceans for you and not one that will jump ship as soon as trouble is on the horizon; a woman that will educate your children to be happy and passionate about life rather than educate them to look for riches...... THAT woman is a keeper!

and by the way, a wifey can buy Louboutin and Chanel if/when she knows the value of what you guys have BUILT TOGETHER, sadly many of these broke aaass women out there (who are looking for men that will lift them out of their poverty stricken lives) dont, and only see them as an atm card with an expiry date.
Thank you sir...
I rest my case grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 21, 2015
MRBrownJ:

its called LIFE, and finding a GOOD, RESPONSIBLE woman who will respect you as man whether you have money or not. since when did money was the basis to respect your husband or not. men should stop associate with these broke aasss, golddigging, hungry, desperate, good for nothing women that does not know what a "good man" stands for.

here we go again with that fallacy........ sadly, the message above is wrong, IMHO. what young men should look for in life is a great person, caring, respectful, trustworthy, understanding and loving who would MOTIVATE her man to do better (not throw stone at him when he is down and/or leave him); a woman who understands that money comes and go but good values are there for life; a woman who will be by your side through your struggles and who will appreciate and VALUE the rewards of that struggle; a woman that is ready and willing to cross oceans for your and not one that will jump ship as soon as trouble is on the horizon; a woman that will educate your children to be happy and passionate about life rather than educate them to look for riches...... THAT woman is a keeper!

Lol, MBJ, nice to talk to you again. However, you conflate my opinion on this issue.

While it is idealistic to think that women do not consider monetary gains or, at the very least, material comfort in a marriage relationship, it is unrealistic. And while a man's finances should not be the only thing that should attract a woman, it is a factor women do not normally overlook. A woman not marrying a moneyed man would have some guarantee that said man has "potential"-promise of wealth or, at least, some acceptable degree of comfort.

I don't know if you know this, MBJ, but men and women do not love in the same way, and they definitely do not set the same criteria for one to be considered a worthy partner/spouse. How many women, for example, would marry a jobless man compared to the billions of men who marry unemployed/unemployable women every second worldwide. Men believe in the love fantasy, women don't. Women are more pragmatic when choosing mates. This is a fact of life. A woman's bank balance has extremely little impressive value for a man, the same could not be said if roles were reversed. Do you know the proportion of post job loss divorces worldwide, married men job losses, that is? It's funny and sick at the same time, man.

MBJ, I'm not encouraging gold-digging, on the contrary, I'm espousing that men rise above the prevalent narrative about an idealistic concept of love and be as pragmatic as women during the mate selection process. Men want a woman who will gladly drink garri if the pounded yam doesn't come for ever, but how realistic is that? Women could promise to stick by their men for better or worse but man, reality tells different. And millions of men have found this out the hard and bitter way.

8 Likes

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 21, 2015
Timbuktou:

Lol, MBJ, nice to talk to you again. However, you conflate my opinion on this issue.

While it is idealistic to think that women do not consider monetary gains or, at the very least, material comfort in a marriage relationship, it is unrealistic. And while a mank4 finances should not be the only thing that should attract a woman, it is a factor women do not normally overlook. A woman not marrying a moneyed man would have some guarantee that said man has "potential"-promise of wealth or, at least, some acceptable degree of comfort.

I don't know if you know this, MBJ, but men and women do not love in the same way, and they definitely do not set the same criteria for one to be considered a worthy partner/spouse. How many women, for example, would marry a jobless man compared to the billions of men who marry unemployed/unemployable women every second worldwide. Men believe in the love fantasy, women don't. Women are more pragmatic when choosing mates. This is a fact of life. A woman's bank balance has extremely little impressive value for a man, the same could not be said if roles were reversed. Do you know the proportion of post job loss divorces worldwide, married men job losses, that is? It's funny and sick at the same time, man.

MBJ, I'm not encouraging gold-digging, on the contrary, I'm espousing that men rise above the prevalent narrative about an idealistic concept of love and be as pragmatic as women during the mate selection process. Men want a woman who will gladly drink garri if the pounded yam doesn't come for ever, but how realistic is that? Women could promise to stick by their men for better or worse but man, reality tells different. And millions of men have found this out the hard and bitter way.

@Bolded,
There is nothing unrealistic about that.
Marriages built on the faulty foundations of money, will surely fail, just like in your example.

As a man, it gives me great and extreme pleasure to provide for my family, but when situations are not favourable
a RESPONSIBLE woman would stand by me, if she doesn't then she isn't RESPONSIBLE in any way.

So therefore the onus is on me to find that responsible woman, and trust me they are out there, and are gradually going extinct.

2 Likes

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
Kingsleyinfo:

@Bolded,
There is nothing unrealistic about that.
Marriages built on the faulty foundations of money, will surely fail, just like in your example.

As a man, it gives me great and extreme pleasure to provide for my family, but when situations are not favourable
a RESPONSIBLE woman would stand by me, if she doesn't then she isn't RESPONSIBLE in any way.

So therefore the onus is on me to find that responsible woman, and trust me they are out there, and are gradually going extinct.

Are you married, sir?

You know what? Scratch that.

Why does it give you great and extreme pleasure to provide for your family? Do you think women find great and extreme pleasure from providing for their families or from finding a man like you? At best, her finances are backup. wink

3 Likes

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by tintingz(m): 3:51pm On Apr 21, 2015
Some women are ready to become the breadwinner of their home just to make the marriage work till the hubby get a good earning.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Deal With A Snoring Bedmate / The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! / After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.