Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (805189 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by afrobrown2000: 12:17am On Aug 09, 2021
@kife congratulations ....this was really a long journey...
please can you let us know what you did differently that lead to a positive aoutcome ... thanks
kife:
*****APPROVAL ALERT******
Indeed, what God can not do doesn't exist...

I moved to Canada as an international student in August of 2016.
From 2017 till 2021 Feb, I have continued to try to bring my wife to join me, we had applied for:

2 study permits- Refused
3 work permits- Refused

The 6th application I reluctantly submitted as the generic refusals were quite annoying already, but to the glory of God that got approved.

Its been 4 painful years of trying and retrying...
Lots of traveling back and forth to Nigeria..

We had concluded plans to relocate to the UK but God came through at the 11.59th hour.

For all those waiting, may your approvals come knocking soon.

If you ever experience delays, please don't give up, get your Gcms, fix their issues and refire, keep refiring...they will eventually approve.

Time line:

NB-Medical was passed in February, though application was refused.

The medical request came even though we had submitted upfront medicals, we raised series of webforms got no response...they just updated to Pass

Goodluck to all the hopefuls

We are waiting for PR next..... grin
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 4:42am On Aug 09, 2021
Qlife 40k
joy2dworld4eva:
Please house, I'd like to know how much medical fee is.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 1:24pm On Aug 11, 2021
Hi OWP applicants any update on your application so far?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 8:38am On Aug 12, 2021
My app is a week old so nothing yet
lightswitch007:
Hi OWP applicants any update on your application so far?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 12:27pm On Aug 12, 2021
Lianna2020:
My app is a week old so nothing yet

Welcome smiley to the club. I pray we all get our OWP approved as soon as possible. I'm a May applicant, medicals passed since June, waiting for eligibility to start. I ordered for my GCMS notes knowing eligibility hasn't started. The wait is killing.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by oreafe(f): 3:42pm On Aug 12, 2021
Hubby and babies applied in May. Hubby did upfront medicals.
They received a medical request on July 21 but we emailed them to remind them hubby had already passed upfront medical so they sent PPR on Jul 23.
My children's medical was updated as passed on Aug 2nd. PPR was sent 10 Aug.

I sent this because I know that this kind of news encouraged me when I was waiting. I hope it encourages someone. I give God the glory actually because he was merciful and prospered our efforts:

I reached out to them a lot
I sent a travel exemption request via the webform and email (4x. lol)
I reached out to the MP in my area.
I leveraged on the services of my school immigration advisors
my documents were very detailed and extra so they won't have anything to request or delay over

It will end in praise.

12 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 4:59pm On Aug 12, 2021
oreafe:
They received a medical request on July 21 but we emailed them to remind them hubby had already passed upfront medical so they sent PPR on Jul 23.

I sent this because I know that this kind of news encouraged me when I was waiting. I hope it encourages someone. I give God the glory actually because he was merciful and prospered our efforts:

my documents were very detailed and extra so they won't have anything to request or delay over

It will end in praise.
Congratulations, thanks for the encouragement.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by halfcurrent(m): 5:45pm On Aug 12, 2021
SoFaithly:

The SOWP is a different type entire. It is known as the SOWP; get it via google and it will take you to the page direct. For your 6yr old, it is a matter of ticking as a dependant that will be accompanying you then do a detailed SOP stating how you wish to look after the child and meet their needs both financially and in parental care. You will have to sufficiently prove that their accompanying you is to a best interest .

Thanks so much. truly appreciate the steer.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 9:46pm On Aug 12, 2021
Lol
It is well.
Atleast border don Dey open .
There’s hope
lightswitch007:

Welcome smiley to the club. I pray we all get our OWP approved as soon as possible. I'm a May applicant, medicals passed since June, waiting for eligibility to start. I ordered for my GCMS notes knowing eligibility hasn't started. The wait is killing.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by queenG2020: 3:08am On Aug 13, 2021
Hi all,

My hubby and 2 kids got approved today. Application was submitted on Dec 4, 2020. Did upfront medicals in April and updated to passed in July. Sent a lot of webforms and I also contacted our MP here. We got passport request today after 8 months, also my kids authorisation letters were approved because we applied for visitors visas for the kids. I guess hubby doesn't require authorisation letter because I applied for the 3 of them but they only sent the authorisation letters for the kids.

8 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by subzheero: 3:32am On Aug 13, 2021
Congratulations
queenG2020:
Hi all,

My hubby and 2 kids got approved today. Application was submitted on Dec 4, 2020. Did upfront medicals in April and updated to passed in July. Sent a lot of webforms and I also contacted our MP here. We got passport request today after 8 months, also my kids authorisation letters were approved because we applied for visitors visas for the kids. I guess hubby doesn't require authorisation letter because I applied for the 3 of them but they only sent the authorisation letters for the kids.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 3:37am On Aug 13, 2021
Lianna2020:
Lol
It is well.
Atleast border don Dey open .
There’s hope
Yes oo. smiley
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 3:40am On Aug 13, 2021
queenG2020:
Hi all,

Congratulations wow. hahaha I guess I’ll send a message to the MP and also send a webform hahaha.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 7:13am On Aug 13, 2021
Good morning and congratulations to you all who just received PPR and TA.

Please can you tell us your timeline? Like when you submitted your application?
I applied in April 2021 and my biometrics was updated same April but I haven’t gotten a medical request and people who applied after me have since gotten medical request.
What could be the problem?

oreafe:

It will end in praise.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 13, 2021
babybless44:
Good morning and congratulations to you all who just received PPR and TA.

Please can you tell us your timeline? Like when you submitted your application?
I applied in April 2021 and my biometrics was updated same April but I haven’t gotten a medical request and people who applied after me have since gotten medical request.
What could be the problem?

There is no harm in you going for Upfront medical.

So that the time they did finalize and ask you to go for medicals is what they would use to ask for ppr.

There is a reason why even ircc do encourage upfront medicals.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by queenG2020: 10:31am On Aug 13, 2021
Good morning all, can someone tell me how to get the Vfs consent form for passport submission or do I need to contact Vfs to request for this?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 10:38am On Aug 13, 2021
queenG2020:
Hi all,

Congrats...God remember me o I submitted my application on December 11,2020
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by queenG2020: 10:44am On Aug 13, 2021
Anndav:

Thanks, yours will come soon

Congrats...God remember me o I submitted my application on December 11,2020

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by queenG2020: 10:45am On Aug 13, 2021
Thanks
lightswitch007:
Congratulations wow. hahaha I guess I’ll send a message to the MP and also send a webform hahaha.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 2:46pm On Aug 13, 2021
[quote author=queenG2020 post=104740359][/quote

AMEN oooooo
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Yteem: 3:39pm On Aug 13, 2021
queenG2020:
Good morning all, can someone tell me how to get the Vfs consent form for passport submission or do I need to contact Vfs to request for this?

https://www.nairaland.com/download/12617929

Try that link. It should direct you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Yteem: 3:42pm On Aug 13, 2021
queenG2020:
Hi all,

Congratulations to all the recipients.

The good news will go round us all soon.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by euphorbia(f): 3:47pm On Aug 13, 2021
@Oreafe and queenG2020, Congratulations to your family.

QueenG2020 and eilenora, did you apply for your spouse SOWP and visiting (for queenG2020) from your IRCC account? Or applied on their own
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by queenG2020: 5:53pm On Aug 13, 2021
Thanks you Yteem, I contacted VFS and they sent the form to me
Yteem:

https://www.nairaland.com/download/12617929

Try that link. It should direct you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by queenG2020: 5:56pm On Aug 13, 2021
I created a new account for my husband and applied for my kids visitor's visas under his profile, so I submitted their applications together
euphorbia:
@Oreafe and queenG2020, Congratulations to your family.

QueenG2020 and eilenora, did you apply for your spouse SOWP and visiting (for queenG2020) from your IRCC account? Or applied on their own

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by queenG2020: 6:03pm On Aug 13, 2021
Eilenora:
Update: Hubby got his passport back on Monday, DHL process took exactly a week. Catwgory: worker. Niicceee

Hi Eilenora, Did you get a study permit for your kids at the port of entry, I found it on IRCC website that children are allowed to attend school with their visitor's visa as long as the parent lives in Canada. Secondly, can you please tell me if your spouse got an authorization letter to travel and is he fully vaccinated ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 7:20pm On Aug 13, 2021
Thanks.

GodsGabby:

There is no harm in you going for Upfront medical.

So that the time they did finalize and ask you to go for medicals is what they would use to ask for ppr.

There is a reason why even ircc do encourage upfront medicals.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 9:10pm On Aug 13, 2021
Please can I see sample of the authorization letter you sent for the kids.
I have a four month old.
You can blur sensitive parts please .
queenG2020:
Hi all,

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by queenG2020: 10:03pm On Aug 13, 2021
Lianna2020:
Please can I see sample of the authorization letter you sent for the kids.
I have a four month old.
You can blur sensitive parts please .

I can send it to your email if you can give me your email address
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by elizyous: 3:31am On Aug 14, 2021
Congrats to all whose applications have been approved.

Please can you share the documents you submitted to provide a guide to those of us who want to apply for our family.

I want to apply for my husband and 3kids but my 3rd child is a US citizen though. Please can someone help with a guide? God bless you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 10:30am On Aug 14, 2021
Techweb234@gmail.com

God bless you
queenG2020:

I can send it to your email if you can give me your email address
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 14, 2021

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: Olaniiks and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.