Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (802332 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 12:12pm On Aug 14, 2021
How do you apply for entry via compassionate ground? And who does the application, my wife in Canada or I here?

Your response will be appreciated. Congrats on your approval.
Mami1:
PPR Alert

We applied for visiting visa for my husband and baby in June, and afterwards applied for prioritization. The response was that he was not eligible for exemption to travel.

We kept hope alive, and applied for entry via compassionate grounds. First application was denied due to filling an outdated form. Second application was approved within 24 hours.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 12:14pm On Aug 14, 2021
And any link to the application portal or form?
Mami1:
PPR Alert

We applied for visiting visa for my husband and baby in June, and afterwards applied for prioritization. The response was that he was not eligible for exemption to travel.

We kept hope alive, and applied for entry via compassionate grounds. First application was denied due to filling an outdated form. Second application was approved within 24 hours.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 12:27pm On Aug 14, 2021
Mami1:
PPR Alert

congrats mami1
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 14, 2021
Stonehenge83:
How do you apply for entry via compassionate ground? And who does the application, my wife in Canada or I here?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 14, 2021

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by queenG2020: 2:39pm On Aug 14, 2021
Lianna2020:
Techweb234@gmail.com

God bless you
I've sent it to you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 3:24pm On Aug 14, 2021
Thanks. I had already applied for the visa since April 29th and medicals passed May 19th. Thanks for the info once again.
Mami1:
For compassionate entry - you need to take the letter of required support form to a medical practitioner in Canada. The doctor would state the medical reason why you need support.

Your wife would then submit the form to PHAC for their decision.

Your wife would be the one to apply for visa to IRCC and submit the letter of required support to PHAC.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 3:32pm On Aug 14, 2021
Congratulations sister!

Mami1:
PPR Alert

We forwarded the compassionate entry approval to IRCC using the travel exemption link and we were granted approval one week later that is, early Aug.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 4:30pm On Aug 14, 2021
Hello,

Is there a list of conditions that qualify on this compassionate ground?

I ask because am not sure how or what to tell the health care person in Canada that make me qualify. Basically, I want my family here for mental health support (which could be broadly defined and difficult to proof). Maybe for social connection/family reunification (very relevant in my case as a PhD student here since December and with a wife and 3 kids back home).

Can you please specific on how to achieve this and whether there is a chance for someone like me? This is also because most SOWP applicants (students with a family back home) will likely fall in my situation regardless of degree type/level.

Thanks so much in anticipation.

Mami1:
For compassionate entry - you need to take the letter of required support form to a medical practitioner in Canada. The doctor would state the medical reason why you need support.

Your wife would then submit the form to PHAC for their decision.

Your wife would be the one to apply for visa to IRCC and submit the letter of required support to PHAC.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 14, 2021
Akannitommy:
Hello,

Is there a list of conditions that qualify on this compassionate ground?

I ask because am not sure how or what to tell the health care person in Canada that make me qualify. Basically, I want my family here for mental health support (which could be broadly defined and difficult to proof). Maybe for social connection/family reunification (very relevant in my case as a PhD student here since December and with a wife and 3 kids back home).

Can you please specific on how to achieve this and whether there is a chance for someone like me? This is also because most SOWP applicants (students with a family back home) will likely fall in my situation regardless of degree type/level.

Thanks so much in anticipation.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 14, 2021
Hello House,

Please a friend has just been approved her study visa. She plans to travel to Canada with her husband and sons.

Please how can she go about applying for SOWP while in Nigeria, and if she is advised to apply for visiting visa for them, will she need an invitation letter?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stephblues(f): 6:18pm On Aug 14, 2021
Hello everyone, I am new here. I came in from the study thread. I just got my study permit approved. I applied alone and will need assistance to start my family’s application. I will appreciate all the advice I can get. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by FYsol: 6:44pm On Aug 14, 2021
All she currently has is just a study visa. Study permit will be issued at POE. Which is what she will use while filling for SOWP or any other dependent visa.

Mami1:
Hello House,

Please a friend has just been approved her study visa. She plans to travel to Canada with her husband and sons.

Please how can she go about applying for SOWP while in Nigeria, and if she is advised to apply for visiting visa for them, will she need an invitation letter?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 14, 2021
Thank you for your response. I understandthat part. I am only asking if it's possible to apply for SOWP while in Nigeria, she wants her family to accompanyher. And if she is applying for VisitingVisa, does she need to write a letter of invitatio?
FYsol:
All she currently has is just a study visa. Study permit will be issued at POE. Which is what she will use while filling for SOWP or any other dependent visa.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 6:58pm On Aug 14, 2021
June 2021?
Mami1:
PPR Alert

We forwarded the compassionate entry approval to IRCC using the travel exemption link and we were granted approval one week later that is, early Aug.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 14, 2021
Yes. Less than 2 months approval timeline.
Lianna2020:
June 2021?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 7:18pm On Aug 14, 2021
How did you do yours that they approved it in less than 2 months?
I applied in April 2021 and still waiting o my sister.

Mami1:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 8:21pm On Aug 14, 2021
I really appreciate
queenG2020:
I've sent it to you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 8:22pm On Aug 14, 2021
Sorry to bother , the compassionate route, how does it work?

Any direct link?
Mami1:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 14, 2021
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html

You obtain the letter of required support form, have a medical reason why you need support, could be depression, mental health or pregnancy. A medical practitioner in Canada has to fill and sign. Then applicant in need of the visa submits the filled form to PHAC, upon approval, you submit same to IRCC (if you have already applied for visa).

Lianna2020:
Sorry to bother , the compassionate route, how does it work?

Any direct link?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2021
Stonehenge83:

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by TennieYF: 8:43pm On Aug 14, 2021
Hello everyone good evening. I am from the student thread, although my PPR hasn't been approved yet I'd like to make enquiries about SOWP so I can know how to go about it once my study permit is approved.

I am currently engaged and applied single but plan to do my court wedding before I travel so I can apply for SOWP for my fiance once I get to Canada.

However, I would like to enquire if it's possible to apply for SOWP for him without an undergraduate. He currently has only WAEC certificate and although he's presently a student of NOUN he is not done yet and so therefore no degree certificate. He once started OND in Yabatech but never completed it so presently his highest educational qualification is WAEC.

Although he's an entrepreneur with a business, good pof and account statement I'd like to know if it's possible to apply for SOWP without an actual undergraduate degree.

Or is it advisable to wait until after he is done with school in NOUN and use the degree certificate to apply.

I tried reading through previous pages but I did not see any list for documents required for SOWP.

I would really appreciate your input and advice on this and it is a dilemma that has been on my mind. Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kife(m): 1:57am On Aug 15, 2021
TennieYF:
Hello everyone good evening. I am from the student thread, although my PPR hasn't been approved yet I'd like to make enquiries about SOWP so I can know how to go about it once my study permit is approved.

I am currently engaged and applied single but plan to do my court wedding before I travel so I can apply for SOWP for my fiance once I get to Canada.

However, I would like to enquire if it's possible to apply for SOWP for him without an undergraduate. He currently has only WAEC certificate and although he's presently a student of NOUN he is not done yet and so therefore no degree certificate. He once started OND in Yabatech but never completed it so presently his highest educational qualification is WAEC.

Although he's an entrepreneur with a business, good pof and account statement I'd like to know if it's possible to apply for SOWP without an actual undergraduate degree.

Or is it advisable to wait until after he is done with school in NOUN and use the degree certificate to apply.

I tried reading through previous pages but I did not see any list for documents required for SOWP.

I would really appreciate your input and advice on this and it is a dilemma that has been on my mind. Thank you.

Education isn't a formal requirement for an openwork permit.

Being that you already filed single- make sure you supply proof beyond reasonable doubt that you guys are truly married.

Document him as an entrepreneur and furnish proof of business and ties to home country Nigeria.

In my experience, the most important element of this application is:

1. Establishing the proof that you have sufficient home ties to compel you to return back home at the expiration of your permit.

2. For people married post-approval, proof beyond reasonable doubt that this is a legitimate marriage- if you stated married pre-approval, this is easier.

3. Sufficient economic and financial resources must be demonstrated clear enough that an officer has no doubts.

4. For those applying under case C41 (spouse of foriegn worker) please ensure that your job letter is well detailed to clearly express that you meet the eligibility requirements of NOC 0,A or B.

For Case C40 (spouse of international students) you must clearly establish in a letter of explanation that the presence of your partner is integral to your success as an international student.

5.Take time to arrange your documents in as much details as possible as some of these officers don't fully understand the impact of separation on marriages.

6. Please pray, pray and pray �

Goodluck to everyone.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by TennieYF: 2:46am On Aug 15, 2021
Thank you so much for your response and yes I already mentioned him and the marriage pre-approval. I also included pictures of the both of us.
It will end in praise.

kife:

Education isn't a formal requirement for an openwork permit.

Being that you already filed single- make sure you supply proof beyond reasonable doubt that you guys are truly married.

Document him as an entrepreneur and furnish proof of business and ties to home country Nigeria.

In my experience, the most important element of this application is:

1. Establishing the proof that you have sufficient home ties to compel you to return back home at the expiration of your permit.

2. For people married post-approval, proof beyond reasonable doubt that this is a legitimate marriage- if you stated married pre-approval, this is easier.

3. Sufficient economic and financial resources must be demonstrated clear enough that an officer has no doubts.

4. For those applying under case C41 (spouse of foriegn worker) please ensure that your job letter is well detailed to clearly express that you meet the eligibility requirements of NOC 0,A or B.

For Case C40 (spouse of international students) you must clearly establish in a letter of explanation that the presence of your partner is integral to your success as an international student.

5.Take time to arrange your documents in as much details as possible as some of these officers don't fully understand the impact of separation on marriages.

6. Please pray, pray and pray �

Goodluck to everyone.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by FYsol: 7:12am On Aug 15, 2021
She cant. She doesnt have a status in Canada that will qualify her spouse for SOWP yet. Study visa approval is not a status. Anyone can apply for a visitor visa at anytime. She will try to make her case.

Mami1:
Thank you for your response. I understandthat part. I am only asking if it's possible to apply for SOWP while in Nigeria, she wants her family to accompanyher. And if she is applying for VisitingVisa, does she need to write a letter of invitatio?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 15, 2021
Thank you so much.

FYsol:
She cant. She doesnt have a status in Canada that will qualify her spouse for SOWP yet. Study visa approval is not a status. Anyone can apply for a visitor visa at anytime. She will try to make her case.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kife(m): 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2021
FYsol:

Who said she cant?

She CAN!!

Go and read @croyance post, he did it and came with the wife.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kife(m): 5:47pm On Aug 15, 2021
Mami1:
Hello House,

Search @croyance, you will get the info
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 15, 2021
Thank you so much.

Its helpful. I would inform her. She can use her TRV to apply for SOWP for her husband.

kife:

Search @croyance, you will get the info
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by megastu(m): 9:59pm On Aug 16, 2021
But would this still be applicable with the changes to travel rules.

I understand that compassionate entry using the travel exemption link was when there was massive restrictions.

Also when you say you filled an outdated form. which is the outdated form and which is the updated one?
Mami1:
PPR Alert

We applied for visiting visa for my husband and baby in June 2021, and afterwards applied for prioritization. The response was that he was not eligible for exemption to travel.

We forwarded the compassionate entry approval to IRCC using the travel exemption link and we were granted approval one week later that is, early Aug 2021.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 17, 2021
Ensure you get your form from the website as at the time you are applying.

I downloaded the form in April, but couldn't complete some aspects, by the time I was ready, they had updated the form.
megastu:

I understand that compassionate entry using the travel exemption link was when there was massive restrictions.

Also when you say you filled an outdated form. which is the outdated form and which is the updated one?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 5:59pm On Aug 17, 2021
Same thing I’d like to ask, if authorization letter is proved, being that travel restrictions has been lifted. How will it help our application?
megastu:

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.