Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (802159 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 8:45am On Aug 18, 2021
Good day everyone.
Just saw on YouTube that Canada is currently working on vaccine passport which will commence during the fall.
Does this mean that the unvaccinated cannot travel anymore? What impact will it have on unvaccinated travelers?

Please I need your opinion on this. Thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 11:08am On Aug 18, 2021
babybless44:
Good day everyone.
Just saw on YouTube that Canada is currently working on vaccine passport which will commence during the fall.
Does this mean that the unvaccinated cannot travel anymore? What impact will it have on unvaccinated travelers?

Please I need your opinion on this. Thanks.

Guess , unvaccinated will have to quarantine and obey all other covid prevention protocol...if they plan to come in
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 12:14pm On Aug 18, 2021
Okay cool if that is what it means. But I thought they stated that they’re stopping the 3 days quarantine plan.

Anndav:

Guess , unvaccinated will have to quarantine and obey all other covid prevention protocol...if they plan to come in
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 2:48pm On Aug 18, 2021
babybless44:
Okay cool if that is what it means. But I thought they stated that they’re stopping the 3 days quarantine plan.

Yes
Dis passport thingy might be a way to control unvaccinated travelers and using quarantine and pre- arrival covid testing to protect dere citizens of imported variant
I don't think they can stop unvaccinated ppl from coming in because no matter the level of vaccination some ppl will still refuse vaccine both in Canada, Nigeria and some other nations of the world

After all we still have ppl who don't give dere children normal vaccination we all give our children.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 19CannyMum: 5:05pm On Aug 18, 2021
Anndav:

Unvaccinated cannot take flights as from October if the PMs announcement is implemented to the letter.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 8:03pm On Aug 18, 2021
Wow! So what’s gonna happen?

19CannyMum:

Unvaccinated cannot take flights as from October if the PMs announcement is implemented to the letter.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 9:48pm On Aug 18, 2021
Being waiting for response
Lianna2020:
Same thing I’d like to ask, if authorization letter is proved, being that travel restrictions has been lifted. How will it help our application?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 12:14pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hi,

I want to apply for GCMS notes for my family SOWP application since May 15th. Can anyone remind which link to use for a quick response?

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by viviangogos(f): 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hello @Eilenora,
My inquiry is as regards travelling with your children.
1) did you tick yes that they would accompany you in the family form during your SP application.
2) if you ticked no, did you inform IRCC before your travel that you would be travelling with your kids that are US citizens?
3) did you do medicals for them since they would be spending the timeline would would be in Canada with you.
Thanks as I wait your feedback.
Congratulations on your husbands application success.
Eilenora:
I would assume so actually; but lets allow others provide input as well

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 3:19pm On Aug 19, 2021
Akannitommy:
Hi,

I want to apply for GCMS notes for my family SOWP application since May 15th. Can anyone remind which link to use for a quick response?

Thanks
i used www.getgcms.com
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by adwal2020: 3:49pm On Aug 19, 2021
PPR alert!!!
All glory and adoration belong to Lord.
I traveled to Canada on 18th December 2020. I started packaging my family application immediately after I have collected all the vital documents like Study permit, SIN, Service Card, and so on.
I applied for an Open work permit visa for my wife and visiting visa for my children.
Timeline:
Submitted application on 11th Feb 2021
Biometrics - 3rd March 2021
Upfront medical - 29th March 2021
Sent series of emails before medical was uploaded to pass on 14th June 2021.

At some point, I had to request for GCSM note to find out the current status of our application.
I contacted the MP, but the only feedback I got was that the status is "Review Required"
I had requested about three notes that are yet to land as we speak.
The last email I sent was on the 9th of August, 2021. I sent the email to both Nairobi and London. I finally got a response to my email on 11th August 2021. I think the London office forwarded my email to Nairobi. So, Nairobi told us to request a written authorization. I ask for this letter that same day. After that, the waiting game continues again until 17th August 2021. I noticed my daughter's eligibility changed from "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirement" to " we will inform you once your eligibility...".
Finally, on 18th August, I got a notification that there is a pending message regarding my family application. I opened the portal, and it was a BVL.
At this point, I knew the decision had been made. However, it was a mixed feeling because nobody knows what comes next. It is either an approval or a refusal, but I keep hoping for the best.
I decided to go and shop for wines � believing that it will be a favorable decision.
Victory at last. The golden email came in this morning. As usual, I logged into my wife's account, and it was a PPR!
I pray that everybody waiting for good news like this will testify very soon in Jesus' name.
It wasn't easy but last last; it ended in praise!!

A big shout out to Frankrobbin. You are such a wonderful person. I sincerely appreciate your help from the start to the end. Thanks for the follow-up and suggestions. May God reward you for your kindness.

22 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by queenG2020: 5:45pm On Aug 19, 2021
adwal2020:
PPR alert!!!
I traveled to Canada on 18th December 2020. I started packaging my family application immediately after I have collected all the vital documents like Study permit, SIN, Service Card, and so on.
I applied for an Open work permit visa for my wife and visiting visa for my children.
Timeline:

At some point, I had to request for GCSM note to find out the current status of our application.
I contacted the MP, but the only feedback I got was that the status is "Review Required"
The last email I sent was on the 9th of August, 2021. I sent the email to both Nairobi and London. I finally got a response to my email on 11th August 2021. I think the London office forwarded my email to Nairobi. So, Nairobi told us to request a written authorization. I ask for this letter that same day. After that, the waiting game continues again until 17th August 2021. I noticed my daughter's eligibility changed from "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirement" to " we will inform you once your eligibility...".
Finally, on 18th August, I got a notification that there is a pending message regarding my family application. I opened the portal, and it was a BVL.
At this point, I knew the decision had been made. However, it was a mixed feeling because nobody knows what comes next. It is either an approval or a refusal, but I keep hoping for the best.
I decided to go and shop for wines � believing that it will be a favorable decision.
Victory at last. The golden email came in this morning. As usual, I logged into my wife's account, and it was a PPR!
I pray that everybody waiting for good news like this will testify very soon in Jesus' name.

A big shout out to Frankrobbin. You are such a wonderful person. I sincerely appreciate your help from the start to the end. Thanks for the follow-up and suggestions. May God reward you for your kindness.
Congratulations, did you get the authorisation approval for your spouse too? for me they only sent the authorization letters for my kids
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 6:35pm On Aug 19, 2021
Congratulations to you and family brother! I enjoyed your testimony.
We shall also testify to the glory of God.

adwal2020:
PPR alert!!!
Timeline:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by adwal2020: 7:37pm On Aug 19, 2021
Thank you @ queenG2020.
Yes. It was approved and issued to only the kids.
We received it along with other correspondence sent to us via the GCkey account.

queenG2020:
Congratulations, did you get the authorisation approval for your spouse too? for me they only sent the authorization letters for my kids
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by adwal2020: 7:39pm On Aug 19, 2021
Thank you!
Your testimony is next in line.

babybless44:
Congratulations to you and family brother! I enjoyed your testimony.
We shall also testify to the glory of God.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by queenG2020: 9:03pm On Aug 19, 2021
adwal2020:
Thank you @ queenG2020.
Yes. It was approved and issued to only the kids.
We received it along with other correspondence sent to us via the GCkey account.

Thanks for replying. Mine was approved too and issued only to the kids. Does it mean SOWP doesn't need the authorization letter to travel since they only issued it to the kids with visitors visas?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eilenora: 9:38pm On Aug 19, 2021
viviangogos:
Hello @Eilenora,
My inquiry is as regards travelling with your children.
1) did you tick yes that they would accompany you in the family form during your SP application. NOPE
2) if you ticked no, did you inform IRCC before your travel that you would be travelling with your kids that are US citizens? YES BUT NEVER GOT A RESPONSE SO TOOK THE CHANCE AND WENT WITH THEM WITHOUT HASSLE
3) did you do medicals for them since they would be spending the timeline would would be in Canada with you. NOPE
Thanks as I wait your feedback.
Congratulations on your husbands application success.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eilenora: 9:55pm On Aug 19, 2021
From hubbys.

euphorbia:
@Oreafe and queenG2020, Congratulations to your family.

QueenG2020 and eilenora, did you apply for your spouse SOWP and visiting (for queenG2020) from your IRCC account? Or applied on their own
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eilenora: 9:58pm On Aug 19, 2021
Study permit for my 6 yrs old, visitor record for my 2 years old.
SOWP holders dont need authorization letters.
Hubby is fully vaccinated.

queenG2020:

Hi Eilenora, Did you get a study permit for your kids at the port of entry, I found it on IRCC website that children are allowed to attend school with their visitor's visa as long as the parent lives in Canada. Secondly, can you please tell me if your spouse got an authorization letter to travel and is he fully vaccinated ?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eilenora: 10:10pm On Aug 19, 2021
1st, my sister in law from the UK travelled together with me cos we had 1 week apart to our EDDs. Mum was with us and hubby came in time for delivery.

2nd delivery, i stayed with family, went with my 1st, hubby came to join us for delivery and we all came back together.

I always have family support wherever I go, I no get mind like that o, I be butter small kiss

afrobrown2000:
@Eilenora Nice i must commend you strong woman. .did you go with hubby/or any support system when you had your kids in the US

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 10:13pm On Aug 19, 2021
Thanks. I found the cic link and applied directly on behalf of my family - to atip/aiprp/cic - since I am already in Canada and paid $5. The waiting begins.

lightswitch007:
i used www.getgcms.com
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by queenG2020: 11:06pm On Aug 19, 2021
Eilenora:
Study permit for my 6 yrs old, visitor record for my 2 years old.
SOWP holders dont need authorization letters.
Hubby is fully vaccinated.

Thanks so much for the clarification.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SoFaithly: 11:27pm On Aug 19, 2021
adwal2020:
PPR alert!!!
Timeline:

THANK YOU JESUS!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by GodsOwn2004(m): 11:46pm On Aug 19, 2021
Congratulations.

quote author=adwal2020 post=104962821]PPR alert!!!
Timeline:

A big shout out to Frankrobbin. You are such a wonderful person. I sincerely appreciate your help from the start to the end. Thanks for the follow-up and suggestions. May God reward you for your kindness.[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Yteem: 12:04am On Aug 20, 2021
adwal2020:
PPR alert!!!
Timeline:

Congratulations to you and yours.

If possible, can you please help with an idea of the content of your mail to Nairobi and London office.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 1:22am On Aug 20, 2021
Akannitommy:
Thanks. I found the cic link and applied directly on behalf of my family - to atip/aiprp/cic - since I am already in Canada and paid $5. The waiting begins.

Best of luck smiley . btw have your eligibility review started? I applied in May 19th mine hasn't started but I applied for gcms notes anyways.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 1:23am On Aug 20, 2021
adwal2020:
PPR alert!!!
Timeline:

Congratulations....cheers

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 2:32am On Aug 20, 2021
Not yet either. My wife sent an email to Nairobi got a "non-template" reply within 12-hours. It says they have not finalized it, they can't when but they are doing every possible to finalize it soonest. Once my wife gets her 2nd dose of the vaccine, we will send a request for exemption to travel. Hoping and praying for the best.

lightswitch007:
Best of luck smiley . btw have your eligibility review started? I applied in May 19th mine hasn't started but I applied for gcms notes anyways.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 3:01am On Aug 20, 2021
Akannitommy:
Not yet either. My wife sent an email to Nairobi got a "non-template" reply within 12-hours. It says they have not finalized it, they can't when but they are doing every possible to finalize it soonest. Once my wife gets her 2nd dose of the vaccine, we will send a request for exemption to travel. Hoping and praying for the best.

It is well. smiley
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kife(m): 4:21am On Aug 20, 2021
Hello Everyone,
Please has anyone with a spousal open work permit travelled to Canada recently?

Please I would like to ask about the experience at the departure airport and transit country.

Did you experience unnecessary questioning/difficulties?

What should one watch out for?

Please kindly advise.

I hear most transit countries require a job letter to let you fly, did anyone face this problem?

Thanks in anticipation��
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by FYsol: 7:01am On Aug 20, 2021
It's true. We were delayed for almost 1hr before they finally allowed my wife to board. We didn't have same issue at Amsterdam or at POE. I guess the KLM employee was being unnecessarily overzealous.

kife:
Hello Everyone,
Please has anyone with a spousal open work permit travelled to Canada recently?

Please I would like to ask about the experience at the departure airport and transit country.

Did you experience unnecessary questioning/difficulties?

What should one watch out for?

Please kindly advise.

I hear most transit countries require a job letter to let you fly, did anyone face this problem?

Thanks in anticipation��
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Yteem: 2:38pm On Aug 20, 2021
FYsol:
It's true. We were delayed for almost 1hr before they finally allowed my wife to board. We didn't have same issue at Amsterdam or at POE. I guess the KLM employee was being unnecessarily overzealous.

Please, how were you able to resolve this issue. The issues most times I think are always at our own airports. Those Airline employees can be so overzealous.

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.