Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,121 members, 7,845,727 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (815583 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by afrobrown2000: 12:31am On Feb 26, 2022
smart one @skull4eva could this be how they want to find out if spouse is working more than 20 hours a week...just thinking out loud
skull4eva:

To add to what jogojogo has said when applying for your spouse did your by chance submit any nigerian job or claim to get a study leave from your work place in nigeria? If yes they might want to see that. If no then submit the pay slips of your part time job in canada. But sincerely something must have trigered or waranted that request so think well and be careful in responding. It will end in praise
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kurukuru: 1:53am On Feb 26, 2022
When is your program ending?
nochyks87:
My people, I need your advice on this request letter given to my wife. she submitted her application since January 7, 2021(over one year plus). I am a student here in Canada and I do not have a full time job. Kindly advise please
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ak30: 8:00am On Feb 26, 2022
Hi Foxs my husband application was submitted on 8th February 2021. Is more than a year now. There is no update so he did medical in December and was uploaded as pass. My question is when did they reply your webform, what did you wrote in the webform. We sent a webform to Kenya office but no reply is more than 2 months now.

Thanks

Foxs:
Hello nairalanders, it's PPR!!! First of all, I want to pray for everyone expecting PPR this month that God will answer your prayers.

My TL is very short.
Application submitted; 17/02/2021
Documents submitted;
Birth cert
Marriage cert
Passport bio data page
Forms
Biometrics
Spouse's SIN, passport bio data, study permit and enrolment letter.

Raised webforms to Nairobi and London in September
Uploaded more documents after checking nairaland (none of the documents were treated btw)
Upfront medicals in November (medicals changed to pass same November)

Application submitted: 17-02-2021
Biometrics updated: 17-02-2021
Original PRL: 15-02-2022
Correspondence letter: 15-02-2022

Got stamped passport back from VFS Abuja using DHL within 3days!!!

I don't wish for 1 year of waiting on anyone, I pray God eases or affairs in less time in Jesus Name. Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 3:29pm On Feb 26, 2022
He mentioned that none of the documents uploaded via webform was treated
Ak30:

Hi Foxs my husband application was submitted on 8th February 2021. Is more than a year now. There is no update so he did medical in December and was uploaded as pass. My question is when did they reply your webform, what did you wrote in the webform. We sent a webform to Kenya office but no reply is more than 2 months now.

Thanks

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 5:43pm On Feb 26, 2022
Ak30:

Thanks

It is adviceable when you send webform you also back up whatever you sent through email to nairobi so that if paradventure they fail to acknowledge the webform they will acknowledge the mail. As for your application i will advise u contact the MP in your school area or the area where you live in Canada so that they can help you follow up. Then keep sending emails to nairobi for expideted action on your application telling them that it has passed the normal processing times which is 36weeks. They might respond better, i said might becos with IRCC nothing is sure. Its only God that will save us from their clutches

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Foxs: 12:27am On Feb 27, 2022
Thank you. My brother, I thank God it ended in praise

jogojogo:
Congratulations!!!!! This is quite long but it ended in joy.
Congrat once more
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Foxs: 12:29am On Feb 27, 2022
Thank you so much. I'm still very much confused about that Travel exemption/ authorization letter but I'll still send the email. It's not written as part of the requirements here or maybe I'm just confused, so much information at a time.

technix:
1. Stamped passport, admission letter (just in case), IRCC introduction letter, proof of vaccination.

2. IRCC is changing travel rules as from 28 February. Other requirements and documents can be found here (https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada).

3. The link in 2 above would answer this too.

1b. Renew both simultaneously.

2b. Log into your portal, and start a new application. You will be asked questions that will generate the forms you have to fill (e.g., are you applying for spouse, etc).

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Foxs: 12:30am On Feb 27, 2022
skull4eva:

Congratulations what a long wait. Canada will favour you

Amen!!! Thank you so much
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Foxs: 12:30am On Feb 27, 2022
It is oooo!!!! Thank you!!!
afrobrown2000:
congratulations.....Patience is a virtue
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Foxs: 12:49am On Feb 27, 2022
I got a response to my webforms from London office because I sent the first webforms to both London and Nairobi. Then I tailored my form and emails to only Nairobi and I sent them emails every other day for 2weeks but I only got auto responses on my email after then.
The webforms I sent consisted of more documents that I saw people added to their applications, I thought mine was too simple so I added backup and I composed a message which I later used as my email content to Nairobi. I saw a lot of people drop screenshots of theirs earlier in this thread (between june-august E.g stonehenge's profile) and I edited and added to fit my status.

I came across something where they said "if you submit upfront medicals it kind of like speeds up the process because they don't have to request for the medicals so the VO just treats the application directly" unfortunately I don't remember where I read the post but I think it may be a reason why your husband's application has not been updated. It seems like they don't want to fully encourage the upfront medicals.

Regarding the webforms; I ordered GCMS notes same September and it dropped well after 1month and nothing was treated even till I got my PPR and I sent a lot of webforms between September and October.
Just keep praying, I pray that you guys will get PPR very very soon.

Ak30:

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 12:56am On Feb 28, 2022
Good evening gurus in the house @ frankrobbn1 @lekkboboe @ anon and other gurus and every member of the house. I have a very pertinent question.
My younger sis finished with a 2.2 Banking and finance. Now am looking at any college for her in canada. Please advise me which college and which course can she pursue. Also put in mind
that it shud be a course that is in taidem to her previous course and also a course that visa application will be easy
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ak30: 2:49am On Feb 28, 2022
I did contact my MP around Feb and the MP office responded back with an update that ircc is reviewing the submitted documents to determine eligibility. However, the gckey says eligibility has not started so I was confused on which one has the accurate update although the MP office told me that their response is the current update on the application.

Thank you

quote author=Foxs post=110584388]I got a response to my webforms from London office because I sent the first webforms to both London and Nairobi. Then I tailored my form and emails to only Nairobi and I sent them emails every other day for 2weeks but I only got auto responses on my email after then.
The webforms I sent consisted of more documents that I saw people added to their applications, I thought mine was too simple so I added backup and I composed a message which I later used as my email content to Nairobi. I saw a lot of people drop screenshots of theirs earlier in this thread (between june-august E.g stonehenge's profile) and I edited and added to fit my status.

I came across something where they said "if you submit upfront medicals it kind of like speeds up the process because they don't have to request for the medicals so the VO just treats the application directly" unfortunately I don't remember where I read the post but I think it may be a reason why your husband's application has not been updated. It seems like they don't want to fully encourage the upfront medicals.

Regarding the webforms; I ordered GCMS notes same September and it dropped well after 1month and nothing was treated even till I got my PPR and I sent a lot of webforms between September and October.
Just keep praying, I pray that you guys will get PPR very very soon.

[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 6:01am On Feb 28, 2022
She can try postgraduate diploma in finance.

https://www.tru.ca/programs/catalogue/finance-post-baccalaureate-diploma.html

https://www.douglascollege.ca/program/pbfinc

You can Google more schools.

skull4eva:
Good evening gurus in the house @ frankrobbn1 @lekkboboe @ anon and other gurus and every member of the house. I have a very pertinent question.
My younger sis finished with a 2.2 Banking and finance. Now am looking at any college for her in canada. Please advise me which college and which course can she pursue. Also put in mind
that it shud be a course that is in taidem to her previous course and also a course that visa application will be easy
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jce(f): 9:26pm On Feb 28, 2022
Please house i am about applying for sowp, have an 8year old who is a US citizen, do I apply for study permit for him? Ordinarily he doesn't require visa to enter Canada but since he is accompanying the family I don't know how to go about his application. Then a 5 year old does he need to apply for a study permit
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 9:50pm On Feb 28, 2022
Hi,

Yes, apply for a study permit for him. He can enter Canada first, and you apply for him at the port of entry. But since he is accompanying the family, you can also apply for him from Nigeria.

Yes, apply for a study permit for the 5-year old too.

Although, both of them can study in Canada with a visitor record when one of the parents is on a study or work permit, it is still recommended to apply for study permits for them, due to different provincial requirements and social services.

jce:
Please house i am about applying for sowp, have an 8year old who is a US citizen, do I apply for study permit for him? Ordinarily he doesn't require visa to enter Canada but since he is accompanying the family I don't know how to go about his application. Then a 5 year old does he need to apply for a study permit

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 10:42pm On Feb 28, 2022
Hi guys.
I just came here to offer encouragement to anyone that is feeling frustrated about waiting. It is not easy but it will be worth it, as usual I will remind every-one not to be over-patient! When your application has exceeded the time provided by IRCC do not sit down. God will make it easy for us all in Jesus name!

9 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Awas: 10:50pm On Feb 28, 2022
sam4774:

Hi guys.
I just came here to offer encouragement to anyone that is feeling frustrated about waiting. It is not easy but it will be worth it, as usual I will remind every-one not to be over-patient! When your application has exceeded the time provided by IRCC do not sit down. God will make it easy for us all in Jesus name!

Amen!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mymzo48: 11:34pm On Feb 28, 2022
sam4774:

Hi guys.

Very nice of you to offer these words of encouragement. God will see us through
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by deepwater(f): 2:13am On Mar 01, 2022
sam4774:

Hi guys.

Hi sam
how has life been over there?
what is the experience like
i see many people get stuck in waiting for PPR and eventualy not having alota time to prepare for the future out there,
please tell us how u have beern and wat u could have done differently before leaving Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jce(f): 3:36am On Mar 01, 2022
technix:
Hi,

Yes, apply for a study permit for him. He can enter Canada first, and you apply for him at the port of entry. But since he is accompanying the family, you can also apply for him from Nigeria.

Yes, apply for a study permit for the 5-year old too.

Although, both of them can study in Canada with a visitor record when one of the parents is on a study or work permit, it is still recommended to apply for study permits for them, due to different provincial requirements and social services.

thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jce(f): 3:46am On Mar 01, 2022
[/quote]can you apply for study permit for the kids without admission letter
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eggovic: 9:30am On Mar 01, 2022
deepwater:

Hi sam
how has life being over there?
what is the experience like
i see many people get stuck in waiting for PPR and eventualy not having alota time to prepare for the future out there,
please tell us how u have being and wat u could have done differently before leaving Nigeria.
I like this question. Please intimate us

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 11:48am On Mar 01, 2022
jce:

can you apply for study permit for the kids without admission letter
You do not need admission letter for minor to apply for study permit. Howevet, you must find away around uploading a document to enable you proceed with appliaction on the portal.
You can quote the IRCC where it was mentioned that admission/admission letteror letter of acceptance requirement. Save this pdf and upload
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 11:49am On Mar 01, 2022
House, I need the link for webform please
I also need the email address for nairobi and London pls

Thanks

Best Regards
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by deepwater(f): 6:30pm On Mar 01, 2022
jogojogo:
House, I need the link for webform please
I also need the email address for nairobi and London pls

Thanks

Best Regards

london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca,
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
NROBIIMDocument@international.gc.ca
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 7:32pm On Mar 01, 2022
Thank you so much @deepwater.
Do you have the link?
I mean for webform
This is the link i got from google.
I don't know if its correct
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
deepwater:

london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca,
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
NROBIIMDocument@international.gc.ca

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by bullstriker: 12:07pm On Mar 02, 2022
Why do you need study permit for kids? they can attend up to high school with visitor visa.
jce:

can you apply for study permit for the kids without admission letter

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 4:13pm On Mar 02, 2022
@Bullstriker

Because:
1. Study permit can allow them get a co-op work permit if they are in high school.

2. Some social services and benefits in some provinces will require a study permit.

bullstriker:
Why do you need study permit for kids? they can attend up to high school with visitor visa.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 5:27pm On Mar 02, 2022
Hello People!
Trust we are all good?
My husbands Visitor's record will be 3 months on the 8th of March.
Eligibility started 24th of January and someone here said he got feedback one month and ten days after eligibility started, so I am hoping it's the same in our case.

My husband sent a message to five MPs, more of them in Ontario and not a single response from them. I also requested for GCM notes and it will be one month sometime this month, I hope I get some if not all the answers I want by then.

Be safe people!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OtunbaTee(m): 6:07pm On Mar 02, 2022
Keep up the hope..it will end in praise.
LadyBlaq:
Hello People!
Trust we are all good?
Eligibility started 24th of January and someone here said he got feedback one month and ten days after eligibility started, so I am hoping it's the same in our case.

My husband sent a message to five MPs, more of them in Ontario and not a single response from them. I also requested for GCM notes and it will be one month sometime this month, I hope I get some if not all the answers I want by then.

Be safe people!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 6:33pm On Mar 02, 2022
I will and it will. Thank you.
OtunbaTee:
Keep up the hope..it will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MsJanez01: 8:29pm On Mar 02, 2022
LadyBlaq:
Hello People!
Trust we are all good?

Be safe people!

Oh no! This must be a lot for you but please keep hope alive. It shall end in praise surely by His mercies

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (388) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

Viewing this topic: Noblesunny(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.