Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,327 members, 7,829,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (808714 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (386) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kroy(m): 9:13am On Nov 10, 2022
Why is IRCC Nairobi tormenting one.....doing eligibility for over two weeks with simple application with no travel history....
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by KRTL: 2:25pm On Nov 10, 2022
Hello All,

Pls for those who travelled recently ...Is Covid Vaccination still a thing in naija airport since Canada already lifted theirs

Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Griffin22: 8:11am On Nov 11, 2022
Good morning all,
I happy to have found this thread as I am trying to apply for spousal sponsorship visa as my husband lives in Canada,
Wanted to confirm how long the application takes ?
Documents to submit as it is now online ?
Also I previously applied for a visit visa in august which they are yet to respond.
Please I would be glad and open to receive response from those who have submitted recently and old gurus here.
Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by aestake: 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2022
Griffin22:
Good morning all,
I happy to have found this thread as I am trying to apply for spousal sponsorship visa as my husband lives in Canada,
Also I previously applied for a visit visa in august which they are yet to respond.
Please I would be glad and open to receive response from those who have submitted recently and old gurus here.
Thank you
Read Page1. It can take up to one year.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 6:25pm On Nov 11, 2022
mbahjohnpaul:

Please permit me to derail a bit. The sponsor you used, is the person a family relation in any way? Cos I want to use a sponsor that is not related to me
If you intend to use a sponsor not related to you then the person has to show commitment by paying.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 6:26pm On Nov 11, 2022
amila20042001:
Please for those who have gone through this process before now
I am applying for SOWP for my wife and study permits for my kids.
My kids don't have admission yet, what do I upload in the provision for letter of acceptance.
I need help abeg
Upload your own admission letter.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 6:27pm On Nov 11, 2022
wolske:

How long does it take if passport is submitted for stamping at VFS Lagos?
Around 10days for abuja including weekends and most times faster than that just make sure all documents are intact to avoid delays
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by annylove1: 9:11pm On Nov 11, 2022
Wow!!! So you expect her to read the whole thread when someone can just list the documents submitted as it is done in the study visa thread. Anyways there is no information or list of documents submitted on page one
Griffin22:
Good morning all,
Thank you

[quo
Griffin22:
Good morning all,
Thank you
te author=aestake post=118309387]
Read Page1. It can take up to one year.[/quote]

I am almost on the same page as you but I have been reading and I know for sure you need an LOE, an invitation letter from your husband, his school documents - ID, SIN and your personal documents including POF and your current job.

Griffin22:
Good morning all,
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by aestake: 9:17pm On Nov 11, 2022
annylove1:
Wow!!! So you expect her to read the whole thread when someone can just list the documents submitted as it is done in the study visa thread. Anyways there is no information or list of documents submitted on page one

[quote author=aestake post=118309387]

I am almost on the same page as you but I have been reading and I know for sure you need an LOE, an invitation letter from your husband, his school documents - ID, SIN and your personal documents including POF and your current job.

Good morning all,
Thank you
Just list them for her. Be that someone!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Griffin22: 12:01am On Nov 12, 2022
[quote author=annylove1 post=118316227]Wow!!! So you expect her to read the whole thread when someone can just list the documents submitted as it is done in the study visa thread. Anyways there is no information or list of documents submitted on page one

[quote author=aestake post=118309387]

Thank you soo much
But he is a permanent resident not a student, would I still need an invitation letter from him?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Griffin22: 12:03am On Nov 12, 2022
aestake:

Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by aestake: 12:52am On Nov 12, 2022
[quote author=Griffin22 post=118319007][/quote]
Wrong thread then. Go to the spousal sponsorship one and[b] https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.htm[/b]l

I applied for my wife since February 2022 and we are still waiting for the approval. I have accepted she is coming to Canada first quarter 2023.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 1:48am On Nov 12, 2022
Congratulations to all PPRs and best regards to every member of this forum..

Please friends, anyone with advise, suggestion or you can help to find out the solution to this peculiar situation. Better still help with any lawyer or expert contact.
GOD bless you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 1:53am On Nov 12, 2022
My wife is a student, I applied for visit visa with my kids in December last year and my application has not been completed.

I requested for my gcms and discovered that I passed eligibility and other stages, also PPR was marked for 3rd of February this year. However, my application was sent for security screening because my occupation deals with firearm and other combat weapons.

Pls what can I do to make IRCC send my PPR?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dukealara: 7:26am On Nov 12, 2022
Chisolove3:
Congratulations to your family...please were you sending mails often??

I sent an email when after they did their medicals, then raised webform, sent mail and webform to include my first semester transcript and sent mails when application was 13 weeks for update. So, yes but they are for different and specific requests.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dukealara: 7:27am On Nov 12, 2022
digits234:
Congratulations.

What was the consent letter for?

That I gave my husband the go ahead to travel alone with my kids to Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dukealara: 7:35am On Nov 12, 2022
khosen:
Please does anyone know the impact of MP on SOWP application?

Because the processing time for our application was 13weeks and we are going to 8 months nothing has been updated, not even upfront medicals so we contacted MP 2months back and was told only criminality passed. She advised we contact them again after 2months if nothing by then.

Reach out to this MP, their office should be able to assist application that has passed processing time. pam.damoff.c1@parl.gc.ca
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dukealara: 7:36am On Nov 12, 2022
busayo21:
It’s PPR time !!

Spousal Open Work Permit for spouse and visitor visa for 2 kids.
Submitted: July 3, 2022
Upfront medical
Approved: November 3, 2022

Wishing everyone all the best❤️
Congratulations!! More Wins!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dukealara: 7:39am On Nov 12, 2022
Vecas:
Good day everyone.
Is PPR this morning
Timeline 8th of June 2022.
God came thru .
Pls for those that have sent passport, m sending for 2kids and myslef . Do I package differently and add in a big envelope.
Pls advise .
Thanks

Congratulations! More wins!
Together in a big envelope and don’t forget to pay the transmission fee and sms fee for the kids. I believe you know how transmission fee for yours works based on where you did your biometrics.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dukealara: 7:43am On Nov 12, 2022
Safetysmile:
My wife is a student, I applied for visit visa with my kids in December last year and my application has not been completed.

I requested for my gcms and discovered that I passed eligibility and other stages, also PPR was marked for 3rd of February this year. However, my application was sent for security screening because my occupation deals with firearm and other combat weapons.

Pls what can I do to make IRCC send my PPR?

Use the new webform to request for an update on your application then said a plea email to Nairobi @8am their time, to London office, to Beijing office and maybe to Lagos and Abuja.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Griffin22: 11:21pm On Nov 12, 2022
aestake:

Wrong thread then. Go to the spousal sponsorship one and[b] https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.htm[/b]l

I applied for my wife since February 2022 and we are still waiting for the approval. I have accepted she is coming to Canada first quarter 2023.

Thank you soo much, congratulations to your family in advance
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 10:41pm On Nov 13, 2022
Thanks for your respons. I have done this many times but you can help to upload the new webform let me confirm if it different from what I have been doing.

Dukealara:

Use the new webform to request for an update on your application then said a plea email to Nairobi @8am their time, to London office, to Beijing office and maybe to Lagos and Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Toceen2022: 6:20am On Nov 14, 2022
Hello guys, please I need clarification.

I'm applying for SOWP for my wife, and the forms were automatically generated. However, I notice the Family Information form - IMM 5707 generated is dated (06-2019), which does not include any section for siblings information. But the ones I've been seeing online is dated 2021 and has the section for siblings information.
Do I need to replace it with the newer form that has siblings information or I should just use the older form? Please advise!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Babsultimate(f): 8:24am On Nov 15, 2022
Good Morning Great People,

Please can anyone recommend a good photo studio where I can take the CANADA PERMANENT RESIDENT PERMIT OFFICIAL PHOTOGRAPH in Lagos.

I noticed most of the studios around me do not know how to gauge the measurement.

Kindly refer me to any that you have used & is accurate.

Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bella25(f): 2:33pm On Nov 15, 2022
Good afternoon house
Please what’s the passport photograph specification for spouse open work permit ? (Both size and pixel)
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by apeja2017: 6:00pm On Nov 15, 2022
Babsultimate:

Please can anyone recommend a good photo studio where I can take the CANADA PERMANENT RESIDENT PERMIT OFFICIAL PHOTOGRAPH in Lagos.

I noticed most of the studios around me do not know how to gauge the measurement.

Thank you.

Visit any nearest Studio24.
My was 2500k soft copy.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 11:16pm On Nov 15, 2022
Babsultimate:

Thank you.

Take the Photo on a white background anywhere, send it to studio24nigeriawuse2@gmail.com, you will pay N2500, they will edit it to what you want
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Teau: 4:47am On Nov 16, 2022
@Profgordons and @ justwise Hello,

I am feeling so so sad today, please I need your advise.
I recently graduated and I have applied for my PGWP, not yet received for 3months. Last month I applied for SOWP for my spouse because the one she had expired September ending and she went home to visit her parent so she is outside Canada. We were waiting for an approval then she can come back. This evening I received a mail from them that the
"After careful review of your work permit application and supporting documentation under the International Mobility Program, I have determined that your application doesn't meet the requirements of the IRPA and IRPR. I'm refusing your application on the following grounds: . Eligibility for a work permit in this category only applies to the spouse or common law partner of a work permit holder who is doing work that is at a level that falls within National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill levels 0, A, B." I recently got a job but in a Noc C but when the new teer system is implemented my skill level would be changed to a recognized skill for express entry.

Please what do we do now. We are so sad and confused

[quote author=Profgordons post=118124228]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Raymond2485: 7:50am On Nov 16, 2022
Hello, good day
Pls I recently applied for sowp and SP for my 2 kids, as at 1st October, upfront medical done 3rd and sent to IRCC on the 7th but yet to be uploaded by IRCC.
No update since application submitted.

Can I start sending them mails or webform.
Also can my hubby student in Canada send them mails too
Kindly advise plsssssss
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kroy(m): 1:36pm On Nov 16, 2022
No 1) I don't know what informed you decision to have allowed your wife to leave Canada knowing what cost you guys to get the family over there .

No 2) As per your wife SOWP, she can't get any approval until you get ur PGWP añd work for like 3 months so that you can include letters and payslip in Job with NOC O,A,B.

For now, your wife will wait if she doesn't have a valid ETA to come in as visitor.

Teau:

@Profgordons and @ justwise Hello,

I am feeling so so sad today, please I need your advise.
I recently graduated and I have applied for my PGWP, not yet received for 3months. Last month I applied for SOWP for my spouse because the one she had expired September ending and she went home to visit her parent so she is outside Canada. We were waiting for an approval then she can come back. This evening I received a mail from them that the
"After careful review of your work permit application and supporting documentation under the International Mobility Program, I have determined that your application doesn't meet the requirements of the IRPA and IRPR. I'm refusing your application on the following grounds: . Eligibility for a work permit in this category only applies to the spouse or common law partner of a work permit holder who is doing work that is at a level that falls within National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill levels 0, A, B." I recently got a job but in a Noc C but when the new teer system is implemented my skill level would be changed to a recognized skill for express entry.

Please what do we do now. We are so sad and confused

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by aestake: 5:30pm On Nov 16, 2022
kroy:
No 1) I don't know what informed you decision to have allowed your wife to leave Canada knowing what cost you guys to get the family over there .

No 2) As per your wife SOWP, she can't get any approval until you get ur PGWP añd work for like 3 months so that you can include letters and payslip in Job with NOC O,A,B.

For now, your wife will wait if she doesn't have a valid ETA to come in as visitor.

This is a mistake many people make. Leaving when they don't know how to get back or if they will be allowed to do so. Another is having complicated immigration history and going to marry outside and applying to bring in the spouses. All-the-time mistakes!

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (386) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.