Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,594 members, 7,843,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (814962 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (387) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by gregoma(m): 1:10pm On Apr 25, 2023
Hello Everyone, I got the passport request from IRCC last week and submitted my Passport with UPS paying for a return courier. This morning, i got an sms with account details to pay N9,930 as passport transmission fee and forward the evidence to canadang@vfshelpline.com. I also got a call this morning to reiterate the sms i got earlier. I need to know if this is the process before i proceed with the payment.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 3:28pm On Apr 25, 2023
gregoma:
Hello Everyone, I got the passport request from IRCC last week and submitted my Passport with UPS paying for a return courier. This morning, i got an sms with account details to pay N9,930 as passport transmission fee and forward the evidence to canadang@vfshelpline.com. I also got a call this morning to reiterate the sms i got earlier. I need to know if this is the process before i proceed with the payment.

What they are asking for is transmission fee and it’s probably because you sent your passport to a different office from where you do your biometric. If that’s it, just pay it
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Omenogoruche: 3:29pm On Apr 25, 2023
Pls i checked my SOWP tracker and i discovered medical completed of which medical was passed on Feb 10, Biometric and Background check in progress while eligibility not started. On March 18, there was an update but didn't know what was updated ecause there was no changes on my dashboard. On April 19, there was another update stating showing that biometric has been completed leaving background check in progress and eligibity not started. I thought eligibility is usually the first thing to do before going to the next stage of any application and what might might be the ghost update gotten in March 18.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hayor2015: 8:29pm On Apr 25, 2023
Good day,

This number +1301-785-7278 is calling people on different Nigerian groups and telling them there is some fictitious meeting for some fabricated group.
He is trying to get access of your WhatsApp /social media applications.
He will request you tell him the authentication digits for your WhatsApp application.
DO NOT fall for this…..he is trying to take over your phone/WhatsApp and social media accounts.
He called me at 12.53 MST -25/4/2023

THIS IS IDENTITY THEFT........BE WARNED
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 8:44pm On Apr 25, 2023
Omenogoruche:
Pls i checked my SOWP tracker and i discovered medical completed of which medical was passed on Feb 10, Biometric and Background check in progress while eligibility not started. On March 18, there was an update but didn't know what was updated ecause there was no changes on my dashboard. On April 19, there was another update stating showing that biometric has been completed leaving background check in progress and eligibity not started. I thought eligibility is usually the first thing to do before going to the next stage of any application and what might might be the ghost update gotten in March 18.

The ghost update is a sign they are working hard n your file and the eligibility is not completed until you get ppr and your passport stamped
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 9:49am On Apr 26, 2023
This is not the usual way, but my guess is that they are trying to enforce it now.

I believe I will b having same because I contacted them today to know my passport is ready and asked them how does DHL collect the passport. The VFS told me striaght on that 2 ways are no longer accepted; however, my passport is not ready for collection. I will be notified when it's ready.

gregoma:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rasakiopoewa: 11:57am On Apr 26, 2023
Pls guys how much minimum will I need to show for a spouse and 2minor(14 years each) to ircc for sowp.Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 12:45pm On Apr 26, 2023
1. Spouse = 4k + 1K miscellaneous = $5k CAD
2. dependent = 3k each x 2 = $6k CAD
3. General miscelleneous in the window of 2 to 3k CAD

Good luck!

Rasakiopoewa:
Pls guys how much minimum will I need to show for a spouse and 2minor(14 years each) to ircc for sowp.Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rasakiopoewa: 1:29pm On Apr 26, 2023
OkukuOne:
1. Spouse = 4k + 1K miscellaneous = $5k CAD
2. dependent = 3k each x 2 = $6k CAD
3. General miscelleneous in the window of 2 to 3k CAD

Good luck!

Thanks . Am in canada but sometimes we get lot of confusing idea about this. I cannot even find on ircc website any stated amount to this effect. I want to go with the present POF timeline and I think you get the fact from this source than anywhere in canada.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 6:42pm On Apr 26, 2023
Follow and read from the link below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html

Rasakiopoewa:
Thanks . Am in canada but sometimes we get lot of confusing idea about this. I cannot even find on ircc website any stated amount to this effect. I want to go with the present POF timeline and I think you get the fact from this source than anywhere in canada.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nacos: 7:17pm On Apr 26, 2023
Hello, Please what's the latest processing time for SOWP?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Abbeybaba: 7:34pm On Apr 26, 2023
Please, I have question, if I am applying for SOWP for myself and my children, do I need to state there that I will resign my work here in Nigeria.
Please anyone can help me with samples letters of explanation and introduction.
What is difference between letter of explanation and sop.

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by PrinceAdeAde: 9:34pm On Apr 26, 2023
Erudensi:
Her route is from Lagos to Amsterdam then to Deroit, then from Deroit to Canada. So its2 stop over

You need transit visa of ure going through US.if u dont have one you would be turned back at US point.This happened to an India student recently

Would advise you validate this further with KLM. Thier US stopover fligths are way cheaper but u need US transit visa or actual visa or green card or passport
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by PrinceAdeAde: 9:37pm On Apr 26, 2023
Hello Peeps,

Does anyone know the process for getting an updated LOI if one's current medical expires.Mine got expired a day after my approved passport wss returned

My current application is closed and though I have done a new medical, not sure where this would be tracked and how to get IRCC issue a new LOI as the old one states the medical expiry date

Also on IRCC site,it states they would contact applicants with expiring medicals if they need to do a new one but no one has contacted me

Pls any experience in this line
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rasakiopoewa: 10:40pm On Apr 26, 2023
OkukuOne:
Follow and read from the link below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html

Thanks bud but won't spouse application be considered a new application since the sponsorer is in canada already not as if all of them is applying together.Sorry to ask, do we get application approved by nairobi on this amount? A guy said in our group 19k in the morning! I can only show 14,500 for the applicant and 2 minor for now. Is that good enough?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by iamraphson: 11:47pm On Apr 26, 2023
Hey guys,

10 months and 8 days later, still no update on my application. Anyway, I decided to do request for GCMS notes on my application. They replied me this night, I saw one of the note text saying "Applicant is applying for an open work permit; However eligility for any LMIA exemption code is unclear" from last Q4. Although the date on this particular note was before I contacted the MP who said My wife's study permit is missing from my application which he helped me send it as I saw in my quoted message. For some reason, the note text is not sitting well with me. Sound more like my application says i have a pending offer or something. Should i be more worried?

Also,I heard medical expires after a year. i submitted upfront medical for my application which was done end of May 2022. Will i be doing another medical any month again?

Damn, IRCC is really humbling me. They are teaching me "patience"

iamraphson:
Hey guys

I need advice on my application. Me and my wife are tired and frustrated at the moment.

My wife is at Canada on study permit.

I applied for SOWP via an agent(Tar global) June 18th, 2022 and did my biometric June 23rd 2023. The last update on my application was medical exam passed which was on July 22nd, 2022. Since then, there was not update on my application. My wife went to meet the MP for her province to make enquiries about my application Early Dec, he got back saying IRCC said they are not sure if I am eligible for SWOP hence her study permit is missing from the application. We contacted the agent about it, they sent a proof that her permit was uploaded. Anyway, My wife went to drop the study permit with MP 1st week of jan so he can send it to IRCC. 2 days later, IRCC confirmed(via MP) they have seen the permit. We should wait since we are still within the waiting period. Waiting period expired on Jan 18th, there is still no update.

Jan 31st, the agent contacted me that IRCC has changed the requirement for SWOP so they want to be proactive by sending my wife's Transcript and enrollment letter. Up till now, there is no update. I don't know what to do. Any advice can go a long way. Thanks

Timeline
June 18th: Application submitted
June 23rd: Biometirc completed
July 22nd: Medical passed
Dec 18th: MP confirmed study permit is missing
Jan 4th: We gave MP study permit so he can send it to IRCC
Jan 6th: MP confirmed that IRCC has seen the study

Congrats to everyone that got PPR recently.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Amicableoga: 5:01am On Apr 27, 2023
Hi Everyone,

Please, I need a link for Nairaland visit visa to Canada.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by PrinceAdeAde: 6:08am On Apr 27, 2023
Amicableoga:
Hi Everyone,

Please, I need a link for Nairaland visit visa to Canada.
https://www.nairaland.com/2103860/canada-visit-tourist-visa-discussion/626

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 7:19am On Apr 27, 2023
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 7:22am On Apr 27, 2023
Hell No!

Is better to state that you will be applying for a leave of absence for the duration of stay and use your job and other things as home tie.

Abbeybaba:
Please, I have question, if I am applying for SOWP for myself and my children, do I need to state there that I will resign my work here in Nigeria.
Please anyone can help me with samples letters of explanation and introduction. Google can help my friend. Trsut me, you can develop one for yourself.
What is difference between letter of explanation and sop. No difference

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 7:29am On Apr 27, 2023
She applies on her own; meaning, you are supposed to create a new GC key account for her to process her application.

You asked for a Canada POF standard. Firstly, i gave you the breakdown without a link and you preferred what is written in IRCC website, and i shared the link with you, but now you are turning around to something else. Man, you have to decide what you really one. All i can advise you or say here is that you can do anything if you really want to do it. Just sit back and strategize how you want it to go and the rest will be history.

Good Luck!

Rasakiopoewa:
Thanks bud but won't spouse application be considered a new application since the sponsorer is in canada already not as if all of them is applying together.Sorry to ask, do we get application approved by nairobi on this amount? A guy said in our group 19k in the morning! I can only show 14,500 for the applicant and 2 minor for now. Is that good enough?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by BrandProtection(m): 1:32pm On Apr 27, 2023
Guys I need some clarification. When applying for SOWP, which account should be used to demonstrate funds? Is it the PA's account (my wife applying for a study permit) or the Spouse's account (mine for OWP)? I just need to be sure which one to use as both accounts were used for the Study Permit application. Also will it be better to open a separate GCKey account? Or use the one my wife used for her Application? We are still awaiting approval of her Study permit though, but I want to be sure of the account to use so the funds can be cooling there.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by keleto(m): 10:18pm On Apr 27, 2023
Please who knows how to solve this issue.
i applied for SOWP for myself and study permit for my kids, the applications were received; my kids got their application and UCI numbers,
but i got only the Application number, There is no UCI number for me.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by PrinceAdeAde: 6:19am On Apr 28, 2023
Hello all

Pls if ur visa is already approved but medical expired before you left and u already done a new one,do u have to wait till its passed before you can travel or the fact u have done a new one is sufficient

I ask coz the letter on introduction states when the medical expires so i thought one would need an updated LOI before travelling.its an SOWP

Please if u have experienced this,kindly assit as i need to travel very soon
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 6:40am On Apr 28, 2023
PrinceAdeAde:
Hello all

Pls if ur visa is already approved but medical expired before you left and u already done a new one,do u have to wait till its passed before you can travel or the fact u have done a new one is sufficient

I ask coz the letter on introduction states when the medical expires so i thought one would need an updated LOI before travelling.its an SOWP

No, just do another medical and go with anytime you are traveling
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 8:20am On Apr 28, 2023
You should use the sponsor's account. Also, it doesn't matter where the money lies between the spouses. What is key are:

1. Proof of r/ship (Marriage)
2. POF sufficient for the purpose

On where to apply. Is best practice, you create your own Gc Key and apply for yours when it is time.

Good luck!

BrandProtection:
Guys I need some clarification. When applying for SOWP, which account should be used to demonstrate funds? Is it the PA's account (my wife applying for a study permit) or the Spouse's account (mine for OWP)? I just need to be sure which one to use as both accounts were used for the Study Permit application. Also will it be better to open a separate GCKey account? Or use the one my wife used for her Application? We are still awaiting approval of her Study permit though, but I want to be sure of the account to use so the funds can be cooling there.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dzees: 8:22am On Apr 28, 2023
PPR Alert

OWP for spouse and Study permit for 2 children

First Application
Submitted 4th December, 2022
Biometric Request 5th December, 2022
Biometric done and updated 8th December, 2022
Medicals passed 20th December, 2022
And then the longggg waittttt
Refused 13th February, 2023

Second Application
Submitted 16th April, 2023
Medicals passed for everyone 26th April, 2023
PPR for everyone 27th April, 2023

I never expected this kind of speed especially at this time where there is strike
Praying for all waiting to get a positive response soon.

10 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 8:23am On Apr 28, 2023
Strange. I will advsie you raise a webform to ask question on it.

keleto:

Please who knows how to solve this issue.
i applied for SOWP for myself and study permit for my kids, the applications were received; my kids got their application and UCI numbers,
but i got only the Application number, There is no UCI number for me.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 8:25am On Apr 28, 2023
From what I have read severally, you can advise IRCC via email on your new medicals, while you plan to travel immidiately. It does not stop you one bit, and well sufficient.

PrinceAdeAde:
Hello all

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 8:31am On Apr 28, 2023
Congrats, dear.

There are no strike for offices that takes care of all sorts of permit requirement outside of Canada. We should read and help others understand what is really going on. These services are managed and handled by non-governmental organizations.

https://www.cicnews.com/2023/04/canadian-immigration-services-to-be-disrupted-as-155000-federal-government-employees-go-on-strike-0434550.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter-20230419

Dzees:
PPR Alert

OWP for spouse and Study permit for 2 children

First Application
Submitted 4th December, 2022
Biometric Request 5th December, 2022
Biometric done and updated 8th December, 2022
Medicals passed 20th December, 2022
And then the longggg waittttt
Refused 13th February, 2023

Second Application
Submitted 16th April, 2023
Medicals passed for everyone 26th April, 2023
PPR for everyone 27th April, 2023

I never expected this kind of speed especially at this time where there is strike
Praying for all waiting to get a positive response soon.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by BrandProtection(m): 10:15am On Apr 28, 2023
Thanks a lot!

OkukuOne:
You should use the sponsor's account. Also, it doesn't matter where the money lies between the spouses. What is key are:

1. Proof of r/ship (Marriage)
2. POF sufficient for the purpose

On where to apply. Is best practice, you create your own Gc Key and apply for yours when it is time.

Good luck!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by PrinceAdeAde: 10:42am On Apr 28, 2023
HEADYWORLD:

No, just do another medical and go with anytime you are traveling

Thanks @Hedyworld

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (387) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

Viewing this topic: Kenn55

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.