Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (811406 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (387) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nellykuch: 3:29pm On Aug 19, 2019
Thanks for your goou works here and keeping this page active. I owe you one bottle lol.

Thebushboy:

I have updated your profile on the thread.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 19, 2019
Nellykuch:
Thanks for your goou works here and keeping this page active. I owe you one bottle lol.

We bless God. Looking forward to good news on this thread. It MUST happen by God's grace!!!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Drpak: 3:48pm On Aug 19, 2019
LICO is not usually considered for Sowp applications.

I can’t really say about 2000 a month, but if your annual income is equal or more than the LICO than you’re fine whether it is part time or full time.

Even if you don’t have any funds in your account, but a valid source of income as a host then you’re fine.
Thebushboy:

That has always been my thinking as well.

Do you think having a good job with good pay (Part time) as the host in Canada also solidifies the financial part of the SOWP application? (e.g A host receiving close to $2000 a month)

Or do they just consider how much the principal applicant declares as proof of funds?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 19, 2019
Drpak:
LICO is not usually considered for Sowp applications.

I can’t really say about 2000 a month, but if your annual income is equal or more than the LICO than you’re fine whether it is part time or full time.

Even if you don’t have any funds in your account, but a valid source of income as a host then you’re fine.

Thanks for sharing this Drpak

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 19, 2019
I think the hist should be careful with showing job and ensure they are not working more than 20 hours. Theist shouod show 10k living expenses and school fees if not on funding. The test needs to be shown by the principal,I think. If the PA has up to LICO, nor nad too.
Thebushboy:

That has always been my thinking as well.

Do you think having a good job with good pay (Part time) as the host in Canada also solidifies the financial part of the SOWP application? (e.g A host receiving close to $2000 a month)

Or do they just consider how much the principal applicant declares as proof of funds?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nellykuch: 7:45pm On Aug 19, 2019
Amen

Thebushboy:

We bless God. Looking forward to good news on this thread. It MUST happen by God's grace!!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 19, 2019
emeify:
I think the hist should be careful with showing job and ensure they are not working more than 20 hours. Theist shouod show 10k living expenses and school fees if not on funding. The test needs to be shown by the principal,I think. If the PA has up to LICO, nor nad too.

Host is not working more than 20hours. Its the pay /hr that's good enough to account for that monthly pay. The host's school actually sent the host to gain 20hrs/week field experience while studying. All these are documented as well.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DBlessedofGod: 9:03pm On Aug 19, 2019
Dear E family
Pls I need to know , when applying for SOWP
1. who is suppose to be the primary applicant.
2. Do I link the application through my student permit account?
Sorry if it sounds off am just a little confused

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 19, 2019
DBlessedofGod:
Dear E family
Pls I need to know , when applying for SOWP
1. who is suppose to be the primary applicant.
2. Do I link the application through my student permit account?
Sorry if it sounds off am just a little confused

Thanks

1. Your spouse is the PA. The student is referred to as the host.....This applies if you are already in CA.
If the student is just putting in a fresh application for study permit, then addition of SOWP makes the student the PA.

2. Either of the two situations can still be linked to the account you used for study permit.

According to what I understand...…..
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DBlessedofGod: 11:22pm On Aug 19, 2019
Thanks for the prompt response @thebushboy
Just a little clarification
I have applied for SP awaiting approval by Gods special grace. Once approved and still in Nigeria and want to apply for my family who becomes the PA?

Thebushboy:

1. Your spouse is the PA. The student is referred to as the host.....This applies if you are already in CA.
If the student is just putting in a fresh application for study permit, then addition of SOWP makes the student the PA.

2. Either of the two situations can still be linked to the account you used for study permit.

According to what I understand...…..

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 20, 2019
DBlessedofGod:

Thanks for the prompt response @thebushboy
Just a little clarification
I have applied for SP awaiting approval by Gods special grace. Once approved and still in Nigeria and want to apply for my family who becomes the PA?

Your spouse

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DBlessedofGod: 12:43am On Aug 20, 2019
Ok thanks a lot

Thebushboy:

Your spouse
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Drpak: 2:59pm On Aug 21, 2019
Hello Everyone,

PPR don land oo smiley smiley

Congrats to everyone awaiting a response. It will surely end in praise. ��

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 21, 2019
Drpak:
Hello Everyone,

Congrats Drpak and Amen to your prayer. Thanks

When did you get BVL?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 21, 2019
Drpak / Applied April 12 / Online App / Biometric April 25th / Med req June 27 (11th week) / Med done July 15 / Med passed July 18 / BVL and PPR 21st AUG

Thebushboy / Applied June 10 / Paper App / Upfront Med / Background check running /11th week

Kingsnigga / Applied June 10 / Paper App / App linked Online / BVL Aug 7 / Refused

Ibbond / Applied June 27 / Online app / Upfront Med / Background check running / 8th week

Nonny47 / Applied June 29 / Online app / Upfront med / Background check running / 8th week

NellyKuch / Applied July 23 / Paper App / App linked online / Upfront med / Background check, eligibility and medical review all started on Aug 8 / 5th week

YMin / Applied July 26/ Paper App / App linked Online / Background check running /4th week
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Drpak: 4:43pm On Aug 21, 2019
Thanks bro.

I just saw the bvl correspondence letter and the original passport request letter this morning at the same time.
Thebushboy:

Congrats Drpak and Amen to your prayer. Thanks

When did you get BVL?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 21, 2019
Drpak:
Thanks bro.

I just saw the bvl correspondence letter and the original passport request letter this morning at the same time.

Awesome!!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nellykuch: 6:23pm On Aug 21, 2019
Congrats oh!!!!!!!!!!
Aha! Testimonies like this is what we need here.
Go and succeed in canny and pave way gorbis oh as all of us dey ya back.

Drpak:
Hello Everyone,

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nellykuch: 6:24pm On Aug 21, 2019
Thebushboy you are next in line.
Followed by Ibbond and the humble me.

Thebushboy:
Drpak / Applied April 12 / Online App / Biometric April 25th / Med req June 27 (11th week) / Med done July 15 / Med passed July 18 / PPR 21st AUG

Thebushboy / Applied June 10 / Paper App / Upfront Med / Background check running /11th week

Kingsnigga / Applied June 10 / Paper App / App linked Online / BVL Aug 7 / Refused

Ibbond / Applied June 27 / Online app / Upfront Med / Background check running / 8th week

Nonny47 / Applied June 29 / Online app / Upfront med / Background check running / 8th week

NellyKuch / Applied July 23 / Paper App / App linked online / Upfront med / Background check, eligibility and medical review all started on Aug 8 / 4th week

YMin / Applied July 26/ Paper App / App linked Online / Background check running /4th week
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nellykuch: 6:33pm On Aug 21, 2019
Can you please give a run down of what you submitted for her and baby abeg Make u dey console us oh. As konji na baaaaaaaad culprit here.lol

Drpak:
Hello Everyone,

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nellykuch: 6:41pm On Aug 21, 2019
No vex oh,where was it processed? Was it Lagos

Drpak:
Thanks bro.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 21, 2019
Nellykuch:

Amen. Thanks. Looking forward to when I will share the good news!!!

We will all testify in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Drpak: 7:21pm On Aug 21, 2019
Timeline (for my spouse)
Sowp Application (Online)
Applied :April 12, 2019
Biometric : April 25, 2019
Medical Request:June 27, 2019
Medical done:July 15, 2019
Medical Passed: July 18,2019
BVL : August 21, 2019
PPR : August 21, 2019

Documents Submitted:

All Ircc required forms
Passport copy
passport photo
Proof of relationship : Marriage Certifcate
15 photos (Wedding photos)
Affidavit for change of name

Client information:

My documents:

Invitation Letter
Passport data pate
Canada Trv visa page
Uk visa, Usa visa, and mexico with entry and exit stamps
Post graduation work permit
Graduation Certificate & completion letter
Employment reference letter
3 Last pay stub
Employment letter
2018 T-4 Document
NOA 2018 - Tax Return
Visa stamped pages for visit to nigeria thrice in 2018
Canada Bank letter & statement balance $13.5K and with 4K GIC CErtificate
Tickets comfirming visits to nigeria
Birth Cerficate
Rental Lease Agreement.

Her documents (Applicant)

Letter of Explanation
Bsc and school of nursing cerificate
Birth cerficate
Employment verification letter
Employment letter with the state Gov.
Nursing License.

Those were all the documents we summitted.
Thanks for everyone here, and i pray success awaits everyone of you.

Nellykuch:
Can you please give a run down of what you submitted for her and baby abeg Make u dey console us oh. As konji na baaaaaaaad culprit here.lol

6 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Drpak: 7:21pm On Aug 21, 2019
Amen bro
Thebushboy:

Amen. Thanks. Looking forward to when I will share the good news!!!

We will all testify in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Drpak: 7:49pm On Aug 21, 2019
No, It was processed in Nairobi.

Nellykuch:
No vex oh,where was it processed? Was it Lagos

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nellykuch: 7:51pm On Aug 21, 2019
Oh OK

Drpak:
No, It was processed in Nairobi.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 21, 2019
Drpak:
Timeline (for my spouse)
Sowp Application (Online)
Applied :April 12, 2019
Biometric : April 25, 2019
Medical Request:June 27, 2019
Medical done:July 15, 2019
Medical Passed: July 18,2019
BVL : August 21, 2019
PPR : August 21, 2019

Documents Submitted:

All Ircc required forms
Passport copy
passport photo
Proof of relationship : Marriage Certifcate
15 photos (Wedding photos)
Affidavit for change of name

Client information:

My documents:

Invitation Letter
Passport data pate
Canada Trv visa page
Uk visa, Usa visa, and mexico with entry and exit stamps
Post graduation work permit
Graduation Certificate & completion letter
Employment reference letter
3 Last pay stub
Employment letter
2018 T-4 Document
NOA 2018 - Tax Return
Visa stamped pages for visit to nigeria thrice in 2018
Canada Bank letter & statement balance $13.5K and with 4K GIC CErtificate
Tickets comfirming visits to nigeria
Birth Cerficate
Rental Lease Agreement.

Her documents (Applicant)

Letter of Explanation
Bsc and school of nursing cerificate
Birth cerficate
Employment verification letter
Employment letter with the state Gov.
Nursing License.

Those were all the documents we summitted. She was scared at first because of her age. We got married two months before submitting the application and she's 22 years old, and i am four years older. Our next app will be for permanent residence if ircc decide to reduce the score down by 6 points smiley
Thanks for everyone here, and i pray success awaits everyone of you.

Detailed info. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by eimolove92: 4:33am On Aug 22, 2019
spouse open work permit,

applied in may 28th 2019 online route
biometrics may 30th

nothing since then
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ibbond(m): 4:58am On Aug 22, 2019
Drpak:
Hello Everyone,

Congratulations Drpak
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ibbond(m): 4:59am On Aug 22, 2019
Nellykuch:

Amen ooo Nellykuch. Thanks �
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nellykuch: 6:54am On Aug 22, 2019
Jesu! No eligibility or background check yet

eimolove92:
spouse open work permit,

biometrics may 30th

nothing since then
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 22, 2019
eimolove92:
spouse open work permit,

biometrics may 30th

nothing since then

No upfront medicals?

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (387) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: koreanlord and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.