Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:25 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (58107 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 7:12pm On Feb 07, 2009
Cristalz:

@S
Torres is not completely fit.  .  .he has already suffered three hamstring injuries this season and is still to get back to full match fitness since returning from his last lay-off. He was noticeably lethargic in the FA Cup defeat at Everton in midweek.

Rafa doesn't want to risk a more serious injury.

He would cop a more serious backlash if his team fails to cop maximum points tonight.
His man management is appaling. . . . . . .Why sell Keane in the first place when he knew Torres and Hamstring injury are now cojoined in the thigh?
A manager must start all his best players. . . . . .Preserving a player every now and then is folly.
Afterall, Saha had many injuries on the team bus, elevator and when tying his boots. grin grin

FBS:

that is his job. to motivate the players. he is clearly not doing that.  I will take half of JM to 3 of LFS. reason: JM is passionate. You see how he tweaks a formation and it works for him.

FBS, can u motivate a disinterested player?? Letz be honest. . . . one look at Drogba, Anelka, Ballack, Deco would tell you they can't be bovvered.
There are 2 different kinds of people in this world. . .The insatiable, "hungry for more" type of players AND the ones that feel "i have achieved enough".
The Chelsea squad is split between these kinda players and until there's a major overhaul things won't get better.
I doubt JM woulda done better in this current climate under Roman Abrahamovic.
The last time Roman told Jose there wouldn't be any transfer. . . . . .Jose cracked and that was when GRADE A and B stories filtered out.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 7:15pm On Feb 07, 2009
MrCrackles:

It will be dramatic this season!! grin

Chelsea might be the surprise team to?

Suprise what? TO MISS OUT OF A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SLOT

Everyone keeps moaning Arsenal, but with Chelsea and Liverpool all stuttering, both of them might not even make the top three!!

I cant wait till May!
tongue
 chelsea will struggle  to qualify for even UEFA cup with EVERTON this season and i think everton is the better team now------the question is can they qualify for UEFA cup?? that is even in doubt. it is all gloom and doom for chelsea------what a waste.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateev(m): 7:17pm On Feb 07, 2009
@ swicth47
  you are such a genius. i have been following your prediction and analysis. hope you see man u winning
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 7:18pm On Feb 07, 2009
~Sauron~:

FBS, can u motivate a disinterested player?? Letz be honest. . . . one look at Drogba, Anelka, Ballack, Deco would tell you they can't be bovvered.
There are 2 different kinds of people in this world. . .The insatiable, "hungry for more" type of players AND the ones that feel "i have achieved enough".
The Chelsea squad is split between these kinda players and until there's a major overhaul things won't get better.
I doubt JM woulda done better in this current climate under Roman Abrahamovic.
The last time Roman told Jose there wouldn't be any transfer. . . . . .Jose cracked and that was when GRADE A and B stories filtered out.
permission to disagree. JM will do better will these guys. take it or leave, besides, was he (LFS) not aware of the scenario before signing. If you ask me, i think Frank Rijkaard would have done a better job.  cool
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by MrCrackles(m): 7:21pm On Feb 07, 2009
I feel like getting down the bookies and putting money on Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal not making the Champions League! grin cheesy

The 3 heavyweights form is shocking and it can only lead to some disgraceful downward slide

With teams below not looking like losing, we might be in for a dramatic end of season
! undecided tongue cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Cristalz(f): 7:23pm On Feb 07, 2009
somze:

Crystalz
I think you are being very inaccurate. You have no proof that the players aren't trying hard enough or being lazy with Scolari's new style.

Take a player like Anelka, whom Chelsea fans love to hate, the guy improved this season and started banging in goals albeit only against lower opposition teams. However, this guy who has visibly improved during Scolari's period criticized Scolari or the team as being clueless.

The players are trying very very hard. Accusing them of the opposite is not only unfair but inaccurate.

My proof is the way I have seen these guys play over time. They play without passion. No drive. Lethargic. I-don't-care attitude. Look at Drogba.  .  .he isn't as dangerous as he used to be. Anelka improved yeah, but there are games when he is just a waste of good space. Deco.  .  .he has become unrecognizable. Mikel.  .  .drunk and flat. Ashley.  .  .confused most times.
Don't you watch these guys?
Chelsea's characteristic nature was to fight till the very last blast of the whistle.  .  .never say die attitude. But I don't see it anymore. They no longer have that dangerous spirit that most teams feared. Now they are ordinary.
Is that entirely the fault of the gaffer?
Even if he gives you a system you are not used to,at least put some life into it. Make a good attempt at making it work. If you are playing rubbish,play the rubbish like it's the most fantastic thing in the world.
Why do you think Arsenal play good passing soccer with no results? That drive, that hunger is usually missing. Determination. It's only when they know they have to win a game that they wake up and win. That's what Chelsea is turning into and I blame the players in that wise.
Scolari might be shoving the unusual down their throats,but they don't have to rebel on the pitch,lose steam 'cos of it. Put in your best,,then let the gaffer know that you have tried your best but it isn't working.
Till I see that Chelsea drive again, I will keep finding fault with the players.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 7:24pm On Feb 07, 2009
oh what a day.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 7:26pm On Feb 07, 2009
@ NATIFF
    my guy manchester fit win jare but he go hard----the league is theirs to take. chelsea is long dead and forgotte---check this thread--------CHELSEA FANS ARE USED TO COMPLAINING NOW---------THEY ARE AS CLUELESS AS SCOLARI------I ENJOY READING THEIR POSTS  such brilliant display of ignorance thrill me!!
grin grin  i am so so so happy now-------------------
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 7:30pm On Feb 07, 2009
FBS:

permission to disagree. JM will do better will these guys. take it or leave, besides, was he (LFS) not aware of the scenario before signing. If you ask me, i think Frank Rijkaard would have done a better job.  cool

The same JM who lost to Aston Villa, couldn't beat Rosenborg in the UCL opening tie, almost lost to Liverpool until Rob Styles gave a phantom penalty?
Jose was able to assemble a squad of his taste when he came into Chelsea. Many players were flogged, several players were brought in.
He knew what he wanted. He got the players that would suit his style and everything worked out to the t.
Mind you, several hundreds of millions were wasted too in that period of time.

It's a different scenario to Felipe Scolari's era.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dayokanu(m): 7:31pm On Feb 07, 2009
How did Grant manage with the same team and challenge for trophies?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 7:34pm On Feb 07, 2009
dayokanu:

How did Grant manage with the same team and challenge for trophies?

How many titles did he win??
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 7:35pm On Feb 07, 2009
MrCrackles:

I feel like getting down the bookies and putting money on Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal not making the Champions League! grin cheesy

The 3 heavyweights form is shocking and it can only lead to some disgraceful downward slide

With teams below not looking like losing, we might be in for a dramatic end of season
! undecided tongue cheesy
oh!! no no no no   there you got it wrong---------i make a lot of cash/fortune betting/ predicting scores on line the cash i have made is enuuff to buy a house/mansion near Bckingham palace  ----------wigan, west ham and man city wont meet up without losing points but if EVERTON continues good  Arsenal and Everton will overtake chelsea and chelsea might come sixth (VERY LIKELY) Liverpool and Arsenal will rise to the occassion----CHELSEA IS THE ROTTEN TEAM ON THE TOP and they are going down--------this is tagged BLACK FEBRUARY FOR THEM!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 7:37pm On Feb 07, 2009
~Sauron~:

The same JM who lost to Aston Villa, couldn't beat Rosenborg in the UCL opening tie, almost lost to Liverpool until Rob Styles gave a phantom penalty?
Jose was able to assemble a squad of his taste when he came into Chelsea. Many players were flogged, several players were brought in.
He knew what he wanted. He got the players that would suit his style and everything worked out to the t.
Mind you, several hundreds of millions were wasted too in that period of time.

It's a different scenario to Felipe Scolari's era.
what a way of thinking? Did  you say wasted? 6 trophies in 2 seasons? oh damn right, what a waste!!! rethink pls.

LFS got deco, bose: what has he done with them nuffin.

If a manager does not get result, pls, its not always the fault of his players. Ever thought it could be the managers'?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by MrCrackles(m): 7:37pm On Feb 07, 2009
switch47:

oh!! no no no no   there you got it wrong---------i make a lot of cash/fortune betting/ predicting scores on line the cash i have made is enuuff to buy a house/mansion near Bckingham palace  ----------wigan, west ham and man city wont meet up without losing points but if EVERTON continues good  Arsenal and Everton will overtake chelsea and chelsea might come sixth (VERY LIKELY) Liverpool and Arsenal will rise to the occassion----CHELSEA IS THE ROTTEN TEAM ON THE TOP and they are going down--------this is tagged BLACK FEBRUARY FOR THEM!!

Deadout! grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 7:37pm On Feb 07, 2009
Plus he had Maka, BenHaim, Essien, Pizzarro, Sheva, SWP . . . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateev(m): 7:39pm On Feb 07, 2009
At least there was respect for Chelsea when Grant led them. trophy or not they were a formidable team and were on top of their game. heaven knows they missed out of the cups due to hard luck
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 7:39pm On Feb 07, 2009
@FBS

The same Rijkaard that couldn't manage Ronnie?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 7:42pm On Feb 07, 2009
@nateevs, name another player aside ro-dinho?
and going by your theory, barca shouldnt have sacked him becos of continuity.
but the new guy is doing brilliantly well. how about that?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 7:44pm On Feb 07, 2009
MrCrackles:

Deadout! grin grin grin grin
   grin grin grin  i made a lot of cash from chelsea's last two games---online bet/prediction!! never been so good. grin
there are lots of complaining on this thread this season than ever- analysis- brilliant display of ignorance!!---------but they are just as clueless as scolari. by the end of february -----mark my words ----chelsea will be six foot below------dead and buried!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 7:45pm On Feb 07, 2009
FBS:

what a way of thinking? Did  you say wasted? 6 trophies in 2 seasons? oh damn right, what a waste!!! rethink pls.

LFS got deco, bose: what has he done with them nuffin.

If a manager does not get result, pls, its not always the fault of his players. Ever thought it could be the managers'?

6 Trophies?? I hope you are not counting community shield as a trophy??
United have won it twice in a row now and we don't mention it at all.
Jose won 2 EPL titles, 2 Carling cup titles and 1 FA cup title. . . . .anything else??
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Cristalz(f): 7:49pm On Feb 07, 2009
Gosh,now I see why I run from this thread.  .  .essay-type arguments grin And the occupants are always so dead serious grin

LPS misjudged his players, same way Roman misjudged him. I don't see a valid solution that doesn't involve packing of bags. Not necessarily Scolari's. But as Chelsea will be unwilling to offload their high priced,classy players, they have to be more open to Phil's style.  .  .study it,imbibe it and make it work with passion. If not, then Phil should go.

This nateev and nateevs thingy is.  .  . grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 7:50pm On Feb 07, 2009
@FBS

Rijkaard is rubbish mehn. There is no difference between Rijkaard and LFS. Too much pass-pass, not enough aggression in their football and not enough pressing, plus defencely they were a shambles. Thats not the kind of manager we need in the Prem, otherwise, we might as well call Ruud Gullit to come back and manage us. Rijkaard was just lucky to have the best players in the World at his club at a particular time. It is absolutely criminal that he did not win more than he did. As soon as Henk Ten-Cate left, Barcelona fell apart. The players lost fitness and sharpness. As Ronaldinho and Deco said, Ten-Cate was the best coach they had ever worked with cos he pushed them everyday. We saw the same at Chelsea where he nearly got into a fight with Terry because he pushed Mikel so hard to improve the speed of his passing. Mikel refused to learn, that is why Ten-Cate focused on him. Till today, Mikel is still playing those lazy side passes. It was a big mistake for Scolari to sack Ten-Cate and Steve Clarke. Clarkey was very good at organising the defence. That idiot Ray Wilkins has nothing to offer. He is not intense enough - too much laughter and joke. We need a better assistant.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 7:51pm On Feb 07, 2009
~Sauron~:

Jose won 2 EPL titles, 2 Carling cup titles and 1 FA cup title. . . . .anything else??
making 5 right? do you call that waste of money? which other manager in the club's history has managed that much?
name any other manager that successfully defended the title in the club's history.

And what about the JM passion and motivational skills? You call that waste of money?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 07, 2009
Let Chelsea hope for an FA, if that isn't asking for too much.
RA chose to press the self destruct button
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateev(m): 7:52pm On Feb 07, 2009
~Sauron~:

AND MANCHESTER UNITED IS ABOUT TO WIN IT THREE CONSECUTIVE TIMES!!  no big deal-------we are the world champions -a truly big club. with history and achievements. past and present. a win tomoro and the game in hand on Wednesday at home to fulham is vital.

switch
  you dey crase. so you be gambler shocked
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Cristalz(f): 7:54pm On Feb 07, 2009
Goal Pompey!! grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 7:54pm On Feb 07, 2009
Cristalz:

Gosh,now I see why I run from this thread.  .  .essay-type arguments grin And the occupants are always so dead serious grin

This thread is one-in-town. It is full of intellectual heavyweights. You will fit right in. Na only mafioso we dey allow here, not that nonsense thread of yours run by that idiot that likes talking about spermflakes and other nonsense yarns. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 7:56pm On Feb 07, 2009
Cristalz:

Goal Pompey!! grin

So what do u have to say about Rafa now??
Is he sensible to have kept Torres in ice??

What a goal from Nugent!!!!

FBS:

making 5 right? do you call that waste of money? which other manager in the club's history has managed that much?
name any other manager that successfully defended the title in the club's history.

And what about the JM passion and motivational skills? You call that waste of money?

Jose Mourinho was a lucky bastard. . . . .He came in when other teams were going through transition.
He sought after short-term success. . . .He plucked developed players all over the world at any price while his adversaries stuck to their youth policy thingy. Now, the young boys of em days(Rooney, Ronaldo, Fabregas etc) have developed while Jose's disciples are now OAPs.
Geddit??

nateev:

AND MANCHESTER UNITED IS ABOUT TO WIN IT THREE CONSECUTIVE TIMES!!  no big deal-------we are the world champions -a truly big club. with history and achievements. past and present. a win tomoro and the game in hand on Wednesday at home to fulham is vital.

About to win it 3 times??. . . . . .We have done that before, Nateeevs!!!
It's nothing to SAF to win the league THRICE on a bounce.
Thanx for making it easier for him this time around though.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 7:57pm On Feb 07, 2009
BlueDiva:

Let Chelsea hope for an FA, if that isn't asking for too much.
RA chose to press the self destruct button
next is chelsea versus WATFORD (lower division) easy but they are aware that anyteam can beat chelsea. chelsea cant win the FA cup. NEVER!! not with manchester united arsenal and everton still in the race. watford even hopes to do the kicking out.its a possibility.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 7:58pm On Feb 07, 2009
Ibime:

@FBS

Rijkaard is rubbish mehn. There is no difference between Rijkaard and LFS. Too much pass-pass, not enough aggression in their football and not enough pressing, plus defencely they were a shambles. Thats not the kind of manager we need in the Prem, otherwise, we might as well call Ruud Gullit to come back and manage us. Rijkaard was just lucky to have the best players in the World at his club at a particular time. It is absolutely criminal that he did not win more than he did. As soon as Henk Ten-Cate left, Barcelona fell apart. The players lost fitness and sharpness. As Ronaldinho and Deco said, Ten-Cate was the best coach they had ever worked with cos he pushed them everyday. We saw the same at Chelsea where he nearly got into a fight with Terry because he pushed Mikel so hard to improve the speed of his passing. Mikel refused to learn, that is why Ten-Cate focused on him. Till today, Mikel is still playing those lazy side passes. It was a big mistake for Scolari to sack Ten-Cate and Steve Clarke. Clarkey was very good at organising the defence. That idiot Ray Wilkins has nothing to offer. He is not intense enough - too much laughter and joke. We need a better assistant.
Ibime, na wah o. . .FR is rubbish? wonderful. what can I say. Did he not manage to win the La liga twice and the champions league?
Did he not take the Netherlands in Euro 2000 Semi Finals where they played some of the best football in their history despite in inexperience?
Was he not the first manager to do a double over Real Madrid at the Bernabeau?
I will take such "rubbish" over a sane LFS.

What the heck are you saying man? luck? uh . . I see? luck is against LFS abi? nonsense.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 07, 2009
This is not a time to hear that name United. We're thinking of how to save face this season and walk away with at least a silverware.
Mancs, gerrout!
This is an in house thing
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Cristalz(f): 8:01pm On Feb 07, 2009
Ibime:

This thread is one-in-town. It is full of intellectual heavyweights. You will fit right in. Na only mafioso we dey allow here, not that nonsense thread of yours run by that idiot that likes talking about spermflakes and other nonsense yarns. grin

LOL grin Looking for trouble huh?

But you guys need to lighten up sometimes.  .  .laughter never hurt anybody.

@S
Can't blame Rafa.  .  .he assumed Pompey will remain their poor selves. There's still plenty of time though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (101)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 26th April 2015 / Barcelona Vs Valencia: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 26th May 2019 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United - (4 - 0) On 23rd October 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.