Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (57476 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 8:05pm On Feb 08, 2009
Its either this guy is just critical of LFS or he is damn just right.

The Brazilian is not yet matching the achievements of the unpopular Grant, who took Chelsea to the Champions League final and second place in the Premier League last season, despite a terrible run of injuries.

"Over that 16 game period last season when they had no [Petr] Cech, no [John] Terry, no [Frank] Lampard, no [Michael] Ballack, no [Michael] Essien and no [Didier] Drogba, they only dropped 11 points - and that manager didn't know what he was doing, according to the fans.

"He couldn't win the big matches - apart from the wins over Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United," Lipton joked.

"Things that Scolari, for all his money, for all his experience, has singly failed to do.

"Yes, it's a new experience - but he should be getting more. He's got enough top quality players in his squad to be doing better than he is.

"Scolari does not appear to be able to alter games. For instance he went away over Christmas and came back with a Plan B and a Plan C - except they're just the same as Plan A, there's no difference.

"They can't change a game and people have worked them out."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_4901956,00.html
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 9:27pm On Feb 08, 2009
ARSENAL AND EVEN EVERTON WILL OVERTAKE CHELSEA THIS SEASON----CHELSEA IS IN A FREE FALL AND WONT BE AMONG THE FIRST 4 FOUR THIS SEASON. WITH NO SILVERWARE!! CJHELSEA IS FINISHED. WHAT A WASTE.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 1:17am On Feb 09, 2009
Of LFS and Ray

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/4549338/Chelsea-Hull-City.html

"When the fans are chanting things like that, I’m not sure managers from foreign countries understand,” Wilkins said. “I won’t tell him.

Why is Ray not going to tell LFS the chantings of chelseans at the bridge yesterday?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 1:27am On Feb 09, 2009
Ray Wilkins is an idiot.

Scolari is an even bigger idiot.

How many times does he bring off a winger for Deco when we are chasing the game? Inevitably, after his substitutions, the game fizzles out and dies for lack of width. Deco has never been an impact substitute. He just slows the game down and continues with impotent sidepasses. You either start Deco or you don't bring him on at all. I am still waiting for his explanation for bringing off Quaresma on Saturday. Bringing off Quaresma for Drogba just intensified our problem, taking away any width we had. 

As Akola's link says:

"Ricardo Quaresma, brought in on loan from Internazionale to add width and creative flair, was fleetingly impressive, although his obvious preference for his right foot — even to the extent of awkwardly scooping in crosses with the outside of his boot — was baffling for a player deployed on the left.

Still, it took a stretching, fingertip save from Matt Duke to deny him a debut goal as he capitalised on Salomon Kalou’s rapid break. It was Quaresma, though, who was withdrawn after 64 minutes for Drogba, in the familiar switch to 4-4-2 that only seems to make Chelsea ;look more disjointed. It’s not just that he and Anelka show little sign of striking up an understanding; they barely seem to acknowledge they’re wearing the same colour shirt. "
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 2:55am On Feb 09, 2009
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 3:00am On Feb 09, 2009
Quote From Ibime

Scolari is a South American in a European game. . . . he must adapt or die. . . . . we all prefer patience. . . . my patience will only last till the end of the season, after which he will be judged. . . . anything less than third position and a semi-final in CL and he gotta go. . . . .

Scolari's team is easy to break down because THERE IS TOO MUCH SPACE BETWEEN THE LINES! Too much space between the wingers and the strikers, too much space between Mikel and the defenders, leaving us fatally exposed to the counterattack. Either this is a lack of fitness on the part of the players, or a lack of proper tactical planning. Either way, it is the coaches fault because he is responsible for preparing them fitness-wise. This is not 2002. Football has moved on. The average midfielder should be running at least 12km a game, not 9km as in 2002. I think football has left Scolari behind.

I want counter-attacking football, so all these spaces between the lines are limited. Not all out attack, where teams find it easy to pick us off. The reason we are missing chances is because it is harder to score in tight spaces. On the counter-attack, you don't need 10 or 11 chances, just 3 or 4. The more space there is, the more easy it is for attackers to set themselves and work out their angles.

I hardly agree with you BUT on this i say "Shan sa"(as area boys dey say in ibadan)

True talk.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 6:46am On Feb 09, 2009
@Nateeves

Can you tell me the ages af these trios and how important they are to United? grin grin grin

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 7:21am On Feb 09, 2009
CHELSEA IS ON A FREE FALL. it is a sacrilage to compare anything chelsea with man united. the world champions. they are worlds apart. grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 8:17am On Feb 09, 2009
chelsea's NEXT FIXTURE IS AGAINST WATFORD!! they are aware that just anything can beat chelsea now as scolari is clueless. watford will give chelsea a run for their money.-----

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 8:42am On Feb 09, 2009
NOT THIS TIME!! NOT NOW THAT CHELSEA HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO BEAT OR RAISE THEIR GAME AGAINST ANY STRONG TEAM THRU OUT THE SEASON--------MAN U- LIVERPOOL-ARSENAL AND LOOSING 3-1 TO ROMA AGAINST THE BIG THREE LOST 5 TIMES DRAW ONCE. THE TEAM IS DOOMED AND WILL LOSE TO JUVENTUS HOME AND AWAY !!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by invisible2(m): 10:41am On Feb 09, 2009
switch47:

NOT THIS TIME!! NOT NOW THAT CHELSEA HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO BEAT OR RAISE THEIR GAME AGAINST ANY STRONG TEAM THRU OUT THE SEASON--------MAN U- LIVERPOOL-ARSENAL AND LOOSING 3-1 TO ROMA AGAINST THE BIG THREE LOST 5 TIMES DRAW ONCE. THE TEAM IS DOOMED AND WILL LOSE TO JUVENTUS HOME AND AWAY !!

cheesy cheesy cheesy I wonder what this Arrow is smoking to give him so much energy to hate blue?
Save your breath and sleep a bit sometimes, it helps in your condition.

SORRY. cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 11:25am On Feb 09, 2009
invisible!:

cheesy cheesy cheesy I wonder what this Arrow is smoking to give him so much energy to hate blue?
Save your breath and sleep a bit sometimes, it helps in your condition.

SORRY. cheesy
grin thanks for the advise------------i will try and take the occassional nap as you jhave advised obviously from experience. which lunatic assylum are you---maybe i can seek transfer------we could be friends in lunancy----- grin my fellow crase man
grin CHELSEA IS SUCH A WASTE--------when they drop points it gets me HIGH!! grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by akinalabi(m): 11:33am On Feb 09, 2009
Akola,

The difference is that Fegie rests these guys A LOT so they
remain fresh most of the time.

If we were to rely on them to play week in week out, then we
are in trouble.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 12:05pm On Feb 09, 2009
@Akin omo Akin

Van Der Sar is 38 and Rio is 30 and both play nearly all matches beside "injury times".

Ryan play handful but Paul is almost ever present
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 12:08pm On Feb 09, 2009
akinalabi:

Akola,

The difference is that Fegie rests these guys A LOT so they
remain fresh most of the time.

If we were to rely on them to play week in week out, then we
are in trouble.
 AKIN ALABI  THE GREAT(YOU INSPIRE ME)---------I GREeT YOU!! I THINK I AGREE WITH YOUR LAST POINT BUT I BELIEVE YOU ARE NOT A CHELSEA FAN!! WHEN DID YOU START USING 'WE' ON THE CHELSEA THREAD!!  PLEASE TELL ME!!

maybe its the info markt stuff sha------am interested in nairabet
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by vikiviko(m): 1:20pm On Feb 09, 2009
Scolari is causing so much heart break in the bridge .
Our only hope of silverware is Champions league and FA Cup.
So we have lost out on the premiership again, because of this big head man.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 2:38pm On Feb 09, 2009
chelsea has not been able to beat any true strong team home and away this season-----the big three inclusive----------------------------FA, CL is beyond chelsea. no cup this season. period!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2009
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!

SCOLARI FIRED!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2009
OMG! Scolari has been sacked!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 5:31pm On Feb 09, 2009
He was incompetent and deserved the bullet.

I wonder who they have lined up to replace him. I hope not Rijkaard!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 5:34pm On Feb 09, 2009
@Ibime.

I just decided to catch up with SSN and news on Tony's sack. . . . only to see the breaking news! . . .

Gus Hiddink and Avram Grant on Chelsea's short list! . . . SSN
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 5:35pm On Feb 09, 2009
Me mate just sent me a text. He was on MSN and the news flashed across the screen. BBC is not even carrying it yet.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 5:36pm On Feb 09, 2009
Ibime:

OMG! Scolari has been sacked!

Chelsea as an outfit are CLASSLESS.
Why sack Scolari??
Ferguson has finished THIRD before in this league for f'ucks sake!!!
The stop-start-stop-start nonsense is killing Chelsea.

Bleep CHELSEA.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 5:37pm On Feb 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Chelsea as an outfit are CLASSLESS.
Why sack Scolari??
Ferguson has finished THIRD before in this league for f'ucks sake!!!
The stop-start-stop-start nonsense is killing Chelsea.

Bleep CHELSEA.

Well you know what I have always said. . . . Laughing stock of the PL we are now!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by mukina2: 5:38pm On Feb 09, 2009
buhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by MrCrackles(m): 5:39pm On Feb 09, 2009
Heheee!
grin grin grin
grin grin grin

Oh dear, the portuguese roll has been handed his P45!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 5:40pm On Feb 09, 2009
Bring it on everyone! . . . . I am waiting.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by mukina2: 5:41pm On Feb 09, 2009
buhahahahahahahahahahaa grin

hahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin

nateevs
maybe they shud hire you? grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by MrCrackles(m): 5:42pm On Feb 09, 2009
mukina2:

buhahahahahahahahahahaa grin

hahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin

nateevs
maybe they shud hire you? grin

Nah, they should hire my coaches, Mick, Calvin and Steve! grin grin cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 5:44pm On Feb 09, 2009
@Muki,

Me? . . . . I will win the CL PL and FA. grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 5:46pm On Feb 09, 2009
Chelsea sacks LFS. . . shocked shocked shocked
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dayokanu(m): 5:47pm On Feb 09, 2009
How much is Roman paying him off.

That is the part that interests me.

That is what you get when the foundation for succes is not there You just hope to BUY success.

Read up on the story of Sergio Cragnotti's Lazio. That is similar to the chelsea story.

Intel has it that Ladan Bosso, onigbinde, Haruna Ilerika and Steve McClaren are being lined up to take over!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (101)

AS Roma Vs Liverpool : UCL (4 - 2) On 2nd May 2018 / Manchester United Vs Barcelona: UCL Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 10th April 2019 / Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.