Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,400 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia (69724 Views)

Osmane, Ejike And Titus-Igweh Before They Were Executed In Indonesia (Photo) / 5 Nigerians To Be Executed Tomorrow In Indonesia: How They Were Caught / How The 4 Nigerians Condemned In Indonesia Will Be Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by 2n2k(m): 4:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
But that Nwolise get strong head o. He is on death row but still got eyes to not only see an Indonesian girl but marry her, knack akpako and was rewarded with two kids inside prison!

Even if they execute him, he has duplicated himself.
Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by ceejay80s(m): 5:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
shaboti:
How come ? No tribalistic comment on the first page. Thats new
U blind? U no see saythe two tribes wey dey always bash dem selves na them dey involved in the act, so every nairalander seal their own mouth

1 Like

Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by stonecoldcafe: 5:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
nduchucks:

Then tell us why the've decided to execute more Nigerians.

Because more Nigerians are carrying drugs! Sad but true. As we type here another reckless fellow is swallowing hard drugs!
Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by Nickymezor(f): 5:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
Wat a sad news...may dey rest in peace in advance
Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by ceejay80s(m): 5:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ilekeh:
Mr owolabi looks Igbo. Let them keep claiming Yoruba names just as they claim Ghanaian citizenship.
U don start
donkey kong

3 Likes

Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by shaboti: 5:04pm On Apr 26, 2015
ceejay80s:

U blind? U no see saythe two tribes wey dey always bash dem selves na them dey involved in the act, so every nairalander seal their own mouth
hmm, u don tey for nairaland o
Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by logica(m): 5:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
nduchucks:

Its the application of the law that is questionable. Go and research how many Westerners have been executed for violating the same law.

FYI: Not a single American who violated the same law has ever been executed.
Take another look at the OP for a clue to your answer *hint - it involves money (bribe)*
Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by Bollinger(m): 5:07pm On Apr 26, 2015
nduchucks:

Cut the crap!!! No Nigerian deserves to die anywhere in the world for such a crime.

A couple of months ago, a woman in calabar got her breast cut off for supposedly stealing something. The same Nigerians you are defending did this to one of their own. The pictures were proudly displayed for all to see on Nairaland. No legal or due process was followed. As far as Nigerians are concerned, it is ok to kill our own illegally, but not for another country to do it legally. You have a country which has announced in no uncertain terms that if you bring in drugs to their country there is every likelyhood you will be executed, and yet you complain when Nigerians disregard their laws and warnings. Who cares if they only execute Nigerians. The point is, Nigerians should stop bringing in drugs to their country.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by Seventeen(f): 5:09pm On Apr 26, 2015
cecegorz:
Sometimes I really wonder if Nigerian officials understands how international diplomacy is played.
For the over 10yrs that these guys had been on death row, there are many kora people here with dubious businesses all over the country.
Our operators should have rounded off over 10 of them and keep in jail as a bargaining chip whenever a day like this comes.
Caveat: I am 100% against drug offenders, but death penalty for that? Nah!

bros u spk like u dont know ya country. Even in d city whr we live in naija, nobody knows we exist, den u really expect dem to care about some looser in jail in far away indonesia.... U funny ooo guy.
Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by logica(m): 5:09pm On Apr 26, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

Because more Nigerians are carrying drugs! Sad but true. As we type here another reckless fellow is swallowing hard drugs!
Not true. If they ask you who does more online scams - Nigerians or Americans I'm sure you will choose the former when in reality it is the latter!

The real answer is, Oyinbo couriers when caught will phone their families who will raise money required for bribes. Who will the Nigerian call?

1 Like

Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by spencekat(m): 5:15pm On Apr 26, 2015
Can't people learn from other's mistakes?
Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by Seventeen(f): 5:16pm On Apr 26, 2015
logica:
Not true. If they ask you who does more online scams - Nigerians or Americans I'm sure you will choose the former when in reality it is the latter!

The real answer is, Oyinbo couriers when caught will phone their families who will raise money required for bribes. Who will the Nigerian call?
if dey hv no one to call, dey shuld stay home and sweat it out like d rest of us nah. Am not tryin to sound insensitiv, but since dey know d penalty and still prefered to gamble, knowin fully well dey hv no means of bribing dia way out, den its a pity, dey hv to face d consequence.

1 Like

Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by chinco19(f): 5:18pm On Apr 26, 2015
totoisgud:

Let us b critical abt this. Wat if Indonesia & d Americans hv an economic deal d Indonesians r benefiting 4rm? Do u think they wud want 2 risk breaking such ties with these executions?

D real question is dis. Wat r Indonesians benefiting 4rm Nigeria? Y should their gov't give Nigerian criminals any preferential treatment?
Indomie is from Indonesia and to think of it, Indomie is d fastest selling noodles. Let them be sent out and let's see what will happen. In fact not only Indomie, Halal foods that make almost everything every family consume. Check the products you consume, you will see most of them are from Halal, an indonesian company. Nigerian government doesn't just take necessary measures.

2 Likes

Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by logica(m): 5:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
Seventeen:
if dey hv no one to call dey shuld stay home and sweat it out like d rest of us nah. Am not tryin to sound insensitiv, but since dey know d penalty and still prefered to gamble it knowin fullywell dey hv no means of bribing dia way out, den its a pity dey hv to bear d consequence.
Do you see me defending the couriers anywhere in my post?
Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by tobidipity(m): 5:21pm On Apr 26, 2015
Goat's horn powder. Lol. I can't laugh. Na so the man wan tell me say he mumu reach?
Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by Mbediogu(m): 5:23pm On Apr 26, 2015
[quote author=LMAyedun post=33129676]Okwudili Oyatanze, 41, Nigeria - Smuggling heroin

The YouTube clip shows what seems to be a typical Sunday religious service at a small church. A young African man, accompanied by an Asian guitarist, sings a heartfelt gospel song as the audience sings along.

But the camera does not show the security guards, iron bars and barbed wire fences that would have indicated this was no ordinary place.

The singer, Okwudili Oyatanze, was giving his regular performance at a penitentiary outside the Indonesian capital, Jakarta.

Known in Indonesia’s penal system as “The Death Row Gospel Singer,” Mr. Oyatanze, 41, was arrested in 2001 while trying to smuggle 5.5 pounds of heroin through Jakarta’s international airport, in his stomach, after arriving on a flight from Pakistan. He was convicted the following year and sentenced to death.

Mr. Oyatanze has made the most of his incarceration, writing more than 70 songs and recording multiple albums behind bars. He has performed with prison guards as well as fellow inmates.

In the video, shot in 2008, Mr. Oyatanze sang his song “God You Know,” which was also the name of an album he released that year.

“He has turned his life around in jail,” said the Rev. Charles Burrows, a Catholic priest from Ireland who now lives in Indonesia and is offering religious counseling to Mr. Oyatanze as he awaits his execution.

Raised in outheastern Nigeria, Mr. Oyatanze started a garment business in 1999, traveling to Indonesia to buy clothing and resell it in Nigeria. The business collapsed, and Mr. Oyatanze, heavily in debt, traveled to Pakistan to try to revive it, at the suggestion of a fellow Nigerian living there.

The plan involved swallowing capsules of heroin before boarding a flight to Jakarta. “There was a chance to earn some easy money, so he became a courier,” Mr. Burrows said.

We dont obey laws in Nigeria. This is what happens when we go outside with that mentality to countries where laws must be obeyed. Diplomatic intervention cannot work in matters like this. See our citizens being wasted under conditions that render us powerless and shamed. RIP IN ADVANCE.
Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by tomzman: 5:24pm On Apr 26, 2015
Rip to them in advance
Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by vascey(m): 5:24pm On Apr 26, 2015
It's sad that they will die especially after they have turned around their lives.
That is why death penalty is condemned all over the world. What is the point in taking the life of a repentant person. He is more good alive than dead.
However, the law is theirs and I believe their law should be respected as a sovereign country.
Notwithstanding, if the judicial process was compromised due to inadequate representation, scape goatism, selective justice, then by all means our country and every body should seek for a redress.
Now for those that expect the Nigerian government to act, action in cases like this is reserved for countries where death sentence has been abolished. Therefore they will seek all means to get their citizens not to serve death sentence but to serve an equivalent sentence that would be handed out in their country. They also consider the standard of living of those incarcerated. If the standard is too low, they consider it an abuse of the human rights of the convicted fellow. They do these because the place value on the lives of their citizens
Unfortunately, in Nigeria, that is not the case. The goverment places no value on the lives of her citizens, we still practise the death sentence and I'm sure those guys would prefer to serve their prison terms over there than to come to Kirikiri. Our prisoners are treated as animals in a pig sty.
So on all counts, Nigeria has no moral basis to preach clemency to the country.

However, my hope is these men would be looked upon with mercy. I believe that if you sentence a person to death, then you should be fast about it. Making the person spend 18 years in high security prison with the daily torture of knowing he will be killed is an entirely different punishment. And you can't hand out 2 sentences for the same crime. Well, you can but they didn't.

I pray God gives them and their families the strength they need in these times. As for the musician among them, God has blessed you and happy shall you be when you meet with him.

1 Like

Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by kuuljay(m): 5:24pm On Apr 26, 2015
let naija police conscript 2 pr 3 Indonesians beat them untill they agree to have sponsored bokoharam nah!!! let's start from there
Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by millionaireman: 5:25pm On Apr 26, 2015
midolian:
if according to their law, the penalty for a crime such as drug trafficking is death, then so be it. Stop sounding as if they hate Nigerians. Bn Nigerian doesn't mean you shld go to anoda man's land and commit offences punishable by death..

Afterall, Nigerians are not the first set of foreigners to be killed in indonesia for an offence as this..May God give their sympathizers the strength to bear this.

Stupeeeed. Capital punishment is odious, bad. Many innocent people are killed by capital punishment. It's not a question of Nigeria and Indonesia.
Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
This is serious

Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by midolian(m): 5:28pm On Apr 26, 2015
millionaireman:

Stupeeeed. Capital punishment is odious, bad. Many innocent people are killed by capital punishment. It's not a question of Nigeria and Indonesia.
silly post.. Use ur head b4 ur nxt post
Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by coldFLARES1(m): 5:28pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ilekeh:
Mr owolabi looks Igbo. Let them keep claiming Yoruba names just as they claim Ghanaian citizenship.
lol! I knew the list of criminals would be populated by the self-acclaimed Jews. People that can use parents, siblings, spouses, and offsprings for money rituals are capable of all manner of crimes. That's their specialty. Kill them all!
Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by Bollinger(m): 5:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
hahn:

You're just being emotional. First of all, there are more Nigerians involved in drug trafficking than Americans and as a result more get executed.

Let's face it, the total amount of Nigerians that have been maltreated legally abroad are not up to 5 percent of the total amount of Nigerians that are being mistreated here.

Go to kirikiri and see how many people(Nigerians) that have been in awaiting trial without being charged to court for more than 5years simply due to raiding. Before you start protesting about how other countries treat us, I'd advice you channel that energy within our own borders

You are the second person i will issue this warning to; you are hereby barred from applying logic and especially common sense in any discussion on Nairaland. Most Nairalanders are not used to it and all you'll do is confuse them. Let this be your first and final warning.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by craleonic: 5:31pm On Apr 26, 2015
2n2k:
But that Nwolise get strong head o. He is on death row but still got eyes to not only see an Indonesian girl but marry her, knack akpako and was rewarded with two kids inside prison!

Even if they execute him, he has duplicated himself.

Triplicated sef grin
Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by cecegorz(m): 5:33pm On Apr 26, 2015
Seventeen:
bros u spk like u dont know ya country. Even in d city whr we live in naija, nobody knows we exist, den u really expect dem to care about some looser in jail in far away indonesia.... U funny ooo guy.
These things matter internationally, you may have internal issues, but you have to maintain a very tough negotiating stand outside.
Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by Tapsorrow: 5:34pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ma CAtch any indonesian for nigeria first
Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by Seventeen(f): 5:36pm On Apr 26, 2015
logica:
Do you see me defending the couriers anywhere in my post?
am just addin to ur post my brother, it was not an attack. Maybe it dint come out well, i was just addin to ur post, dat... Since our brodas no get who to call like oyibo guyz make dem kuku join us for naija de hustle am small small. But since dem prefer to do 'TRY YA LUCK' wit dia life... Make dem face d muzik.

1 Like

Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by ceejay80s(m): 5:38pm On Apr 26, 2015
shaboti:
hmm, u don tey for nairaland o

I wonder why seun no fit give some people like me hall of fame award for nairaland, weda na until I grow old with white beard and then die, before my obituary ad go make front page and the same time collect nairaland award

1 Like

Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by Seventeen(f): 5:39pm On Apr 26, 2015
chinco19:

Indomie is from Indonesia and to think of it, Indomie is d fastest selling noodles. Let them be sent out and let's see what will happen. In fact not only Indomie, Halal foods that make almost everything every family consume. Check the products you consume, you will see most of them are from Halal, an indonesian company. Nigerian government doesn't just take necessary measures.
abegoooo my children love indomie ooo, so dey shuld not eat indomie again because some lazy nigerians tot dey culd bcom big boyz overnite, abeg ooo grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by tallceejay(m): 5:40pm On Apr 26, 2015
The death row singer is d most stupid. He even had a life b4 his call to death
Re: Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia by quickly: 5:42pm On Apr 26, 2015
nduchucks:

As I stated earlier, not a single Nigerian deserves to be killed for drug trafficing in Indonesia or anywhere else in the world. Fullstop.

Unfortunately africa has no political power to sanction any country so simple solution is to stop drug trafficking when u know the penalty is death or imprisonment.

Every nigerian knows the consequences of drug trafficking so I no know no dey.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Raped, Half-unclad Corpse Found In A Bush In Enugu State. Graphic Photo / Lady Dies While Switching On Generator For Her Kids In Lagos (Photos) / Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.