Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike (4365 Views)

Picture Train Of Nigerian Relationships / Difference Between the American And the Nigerian Relationships. / Seven Types Of Ladies You Will Meet In Typical Nigerian Relationships. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 11:38pm On Apr 26, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Because most of the ladies think anticlockwise in relationship..... and with the kind of retar*ded mentality they got it makes it more meaningless but it will be more fun if one have someone with good mentality like the white.
Bro, it is very hypocritical for us to copy the lifestyle of the whites but cunningly leaving out the relationship aspects! It is an irony!!!
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Young03(m): 11:39pm On Apr 26, 2015
Snx den i decided nt to date any gal again, rather i nack and go
Rapmoney:
That means all those things she has been doing for you is a compensation for flagrantly cheating on you? grin
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by alentyno: 11:40pm On Apr 26, 2015
Rapmoney:
Bro, there's no need to vent your anger on Nigerian girls. We are looking at it from different angles! You see, most guys have come to accept these stereotyped beliefs because they are too desparate to have sex or have someone to call their 'girlfriend'. I see it as lack of wisdom and emotional weakness.
the shallow minded guys are the problem but most of these girls won't just pity and let them know the truth. They prefer playing along and eating them dry only to dump them
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by ronald4lif(m): 11:40pm On Apr 26, 2015
Rapmoney:
Thanks bro. I know you would always come up with something sensible! cheesy. Some ladies will tell you that they can't date a guy that doesn't drive a car but ask her where she parked hers! Is it an exclusive right for guys to own cars? Can't you, as a woman, work hard and buy a car?

That's the thing. You spent years in uni. A man spent equally same years. But then you expect a man who went through same struggles you went through (or should have gone through) to have fleet of cars, estates etc before considering him. Are you handicapped? Go out and acquire those things that you expect a man who want to date you have. Success is not limited to the male gender.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by TheSonOfMark(m): 11:46pm On Apr 26, 2015

I've never had a first date in any of aforementioned conventional places - it's too predictable.

I once took a lady to the E-library here in Uyo. I also prepared my native meal of ekpàng with a lady, grocery shopping and even house hunting.

DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES SHE'S BEEN TAKEN TO EATERIES? DO SOMETHING NEW AND ADVENTUROUS!
The visits to conventional places like eateries , cinemas and parks should come later and unpredictably too. I TOOK MY MISSY OUT YESTERDAY AND GUESS WHAT WE WERE DOING? - WE WERE PLAYING VIDEO RACING GAMES! I let her beat me twice though.wink

You can choose to have a relationship which isn't limited by society's stereotype.
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 11:47pm On Apr 26, 2015
ronald4lif:

That's the thing. You spent years in uni. A man spent equally same years. But then you expect a man who went through same struggles you went through (or should have gone through) to have fleet of cars, estates etc before considering him. Are you handicapped? Go out and acquire those things that you expect a man who want to date you have. Success is not limited to the male gender.
God bless you! You are just one person I know that's very sensible in Romance section cheesy. Nice observation.
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 11:50pm On Apr 26, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

I've never had a first date in any of aforementioned conventional places - it's too predictable.

I once took a lady to the E-library here in Uyo. I also prepared my native meal of ekpàng with a lady, grocery shopping and even house hunting.

DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES SHE'S BEEN TAKEN TO EATERIES? DO SOMETHING NEW AND ADVENTUROUS!
The visits to conventional places like eateries , cinemas and parks should come later and unpredictably too. I TOOK MY MISSY OUT YESTERDAY AND GUESS WHAT WE WERE DOING? - WE WERE PLAYING VIDEO RACING GAMES! I let her beat me twice though.wink

You can choose to have a relationship which isn't limited by society's stereotype.

I know there are exceptions. What am hinting on is the average Nigerian relationships. Lot of people are just so dumb and naïve. The prefer the stereotyped beliefs! I see them as weak!!!
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by ronald4lif(m): 12:00am On Apr 27, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Interesting experience. Learnt a thing from this.

Although I think she must be one of the exceptions who really see life differently from most of the category of girls the OP is talking about. These set of girls will still deploy other schemes to collecting money from you regardless if you don't take her to eateries or not. They have hairdos, airtime, welfare, and even tfare the op highlighted to come up with.

Hehe! I miss ekpang. Was one of my favourite while growing up in Cameroun. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 12:22am On Apr 27, 2015
ronald4lif:

Although I think she must be one of the exceptions who really see life differently from most of the category of girls the OP is talking about. These set of girls will still deploy other schemes to collecting money from you regardless if you don't take her to eateries or not. They have hairdos, airtime, welfare, and even tf the op highlighted to come up with.

Hehe! I miss ekpang. Was one of my favourite while growing up in Cameroun. cheesy
Lol@welfare! Which one be welfare na? grin. Laff wan kill megrin
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Nobody: 12:32am On Apr 27, 2015
Poverty thinking embarassed

1 Like

Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 12:34am On Apr 27, 2015
Nubian113:
Poverty thinking embarassed
You are very unenlightened!!! I was expecting this from dull people like you!
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Nobody: 12:36am On Apr 27, 2015
Rapmoney:
You are very unenlightened!!! I was expecting this from dull people like you!

Wow ok lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by TheSonOfMark(m): 12:39am On Apr 27, 2015
ronald4lif:

Although I think she must be one of the exceptions who really see life differently from most of the category of girls the OP is talking about. These set of girls will still deploy other schemes to collecting money from you regardless if you don't take her to eateries or not. They have hairdos, airtime, welfare, and even tf the op highlighted to come up with.

I am sapiosexual- I'm attracted only to those rare breed of ladies who do not fall within the aforelisted stereotypes and are intelligent too.
We've been dating for over a year and she never demands things except my fidelity. ofcourse. 3 months ago, she took me out to the cinema on my birthday and I had to beg her not to pay becavse the ticket sellers were all females - it would have been embarassing cheesy.
SHE'S FROM A MIDDLECLASS HOME AND A STUDENT. SHE TEACHES ENGLISH LANGUAGE TUTORIALS DURING WEEKENDS JUST BECAUSE SHE WANTS TO BE SEEN AS PRODUCTIVE.

Now Ronald, tell me why any sane man wouldn't respect and cherish her? NIGERIAN GIRLS SHOULD WAKE UP!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 12:43am On Apr 27, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

I am sapiosexual- I'm attracted only to those rare breed of ladies who do not fall within the aforelisted stereotypes and are intelligent too.
We've been dating for over a year and she never demands things except my fidelity. ofcourse. 3 months ago, she took me out to the cinema on my birthday and I had to beg her not to pay becavse the ticket sellers were all females - it would have been embarassing cheesy.
SHE'S FROM A MIDDLECLASS HOME AND A STUDENT. SHE TEACHES ENGLISH LANGUAGE TUTORIALS DURING WEEKENDS JUST BECAUSE SHE WANTS TO BE SEEN AS PRODUCTIVE.

Now Ronald, tell me why any sane man wouldn't respect and cherish her? NIGERIAN GIRLS SHOULD WAKE UP!

Nice bro. You have got a good one. It is a pity most Nigerian young women are losing it...my heart is drifting towards Asian girls cheesy
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 12:47am On Apr 27, 2015
alentyno:
the shallow minded guys are the problem but most of these girls won't just pity and let them know the truth. They prefer playing along and eating them dry only to dump them
True talk man!
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 12:55am On Apr 27, 2015
Young03:
Snx den i decided nt to date any gal again, rather i nack and go
Take heart bro cheesy...and take it easy too grin
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by ronald4lif(m): 12:56am On Apr 27, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Interesting. Lucky you, or lucky her. Her type is every man dream woman. smiley

Rapmoney, perhaps we should beam our searchlight towards Uyo. What ya say. cheesy
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 1:01am On Apr 27, 2015
ronald4lif:

Rapmoney, perhaps we should beam our searchlight towards Uyo. What ya say. cheesy
Yeah, TheSonOfMark will show us around town grin
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by TheSonOfMark(m): 1:19am On Apr 27, 2015
ronald4lif:

[b] Hopefully you'll be that lucky too, dudes.wink

2 Likes

Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by daveP(m): 1:22am On Apr 27, 2015
Interesting (munches away @ some chips)
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 1:26am On Apr 27, 2015
daveP:
Interesting (munches away @ some chips)
wink
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by daveP(m): 1:30am On Apr 27, 2015
Rapmoney:
wink
looks like a counter to mirex's thread on 10lies.
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 1:43am On Apr 27, 2015
daveP:
looks like a counter to mirex's thread on 10lies.
Sorry, it is not. I didn't even see any thread created by mirexxx on this issue cool

1 Like

Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by RottenTomato: 1:49am On Apr 27, 2015
Most Nigerian girls are so dependent! WTF! Relationship no be occupation oo!!! grin
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Nobody: 6:20am On Apr 27, 2015
Rapmoney:
Bro, it is very hypocritical for us to copy the lifestyle of the whites but cunningly leaving out the relationship aspects! It is an irony!!!
Not only hypocritical it's stupidity of the highest order
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by justmag(m): 6:30am On Apr 27, 2015
I completely agree with the OP. However, I think this depends on the type of girl you date. Date a girl who
1. finds you worthy while and exciting enough to want to take you out on a date
2. Date a girl who likes you enough to find you as a getaway from all her problems, a place of comfort not a place where her bills are being paid. An independent woman is less likely to ask you for some transport fare.
3. I am a product of the idea that dates are suppose to be creative and not doing what everyone is doing for dates. For examples, most people go to resturant. I value quiet walks, date at a park, a zoo, a museum, a cultural place, a place where we have never been and we both find exciting.

1 Like

Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 10:47am On Apr 27, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Not only hypocritical it's stupidity of the highest order
Yeah bro...true talk grin
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 10:51am On Apr 27, 2015
justmag:
I completely agree with the OP. However, I think this depends on the type of girl you date. Date a girl who
1. finds you worthy while and exciting enough to want to take you out on a date
2. Date a girl who likes you enough to find you as a getaway from all her problems, a place of comfort not a place where her bills are being paid. An independent woman is less likely to ask you for some transport fare.
3. I am a product of the idea that dates are suppose to be creative and not doing what everyone is doing for dates. For examples, most people go to resturant. I value quiet walks, date at a park, a zoo, a museum, a cultural place, a place where we have never been and we both find exciting.
That transport fare thing annoys me a lot I must say cool
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by K9blunt(f): 11:16am On Apr 27, 2015
that's why I prefer not dating because I hate insults on my personality, I spend more time trying to make my life better and independent but will never settle for a broke ass guy.

but op don't blame the independent lady for not being submissive because when she sees herself as her own boss and you try to dominate her (as men are prone to be) she becomes antagonizing, why? because you're her equal grin
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by winnieberry(f): 4:14pm On Apr 27, 2015
This is why am single cos i dont want a guy to start treating me like trash because he has liitle change in his account.Spending in a relationship is a choice not command.to my fellow sisters be indépendant not a parasite,Been a big girl is not having four bf ,one for hair,money,clothes and most annoying Recharge card ,most times i muse to myself when i see a so called big girl beg for recharge cards.To the guys on the forum,they are good indépendant ladies out there but due to sterotypes all girls are d'same and the forementioned ladies are seen as odd or with ulterior motives.A guy in my hostel ws angry with his baby cousin cos she kept spending for her Bf ,telling its was wrong for. Girl to do that cos its a guy job,Next day he was screaming that girls too like money,always demanding not giving,i guess u guys get my point? Most times when. Lady is indépendant in a relationship it is either she is desperate orjust plain stupid. Mos guys see relationship this way:i give her money,she gives me sex shikena So who is to blame for all dis predicament in nigerian relationships tday?
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Adaeze003(f): 4:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
Ya'll advocating independence of women... hmm...

I'm an advocate as well but it's really not in the best interest of the typical Nigerian man... careful what you wish for... wink
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by winnieberry(f): 4:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
[quote author=Rapmoney post=3314537My brother there is nuffin wrong fr a girl to have a car me sef i want a car but truth be told most guys feel intimidated by girls with cars .A big aunty of mine who is a make up artist was saying d'other hw she saved money to buy a small car and smone told her not to buy cos guys wont approach for relationships.Succesful single ladies in nigeria go tru slot,in nigeria a woman isnt sucessful or respected unless she is Mrs.A woman should marry first before marrying so the society says.U see people complain ladies be indépendant ,make money and when she does where is ur man or na runs babe she be.We are biased in nigeria ,not knowing what we want

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Sister And Her Boyfriend Just Got Engaged, Help Me Wish Them Well(pics) / Becoming Fearless With Women / How Can Sexual Noise Be Prevented During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.