Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT (57055 Views)

Emeka Ephraim Ugwuonye Barred From Legal Practice In Nigeria / Revealed: Reason Buhari Is Yet To Move Into Aso Rock - Breaking Times / Buhari Barred Osinbajo From Security Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by smsshola(m): 8:06am On Apr 28, 2015
There is need to check the standard of ethics,if bfo d election AIT threw standard into dustbin then there is need to recheck it but let baba too forget nd forgive nd stop ds politics of bitterness.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by opey112(m): 8:06am On Apr 28, 2015
National stations should be neutral but AIT allow PDP to use them against the opposition.Personally i think they should let the sleeping dog lie
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by donbenie(m): 8:06am On Apr 28, 2015
Igwe9:
Wrong move in MHO, not allowing them to cover the news is already a bad news. Is he the head of the commission that is in charge of the broadcasting ethics and standards?
He better let the sleeping dogs be!
Buhari has every right to ask AIT not to cover his activities in his environ,I mean based on AIT's antecedents who would be surprised if they smuggled in someone as part of their crew to ASSASINATE Baba..#JUSTSAYING

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by hamilton62(m): 8:07am On Apr 28, 2015
misterh:
Because he barred AIT from his events, right? Bar, not ban o! What was your position when AIT were running negative documentary on him?
Were the documentary true?
If they are true, I support them for taking the bull by the horn as a press organisation but if it be false, they should be dealt mercilessly with so that others will learn from spreading null and ill documentaries.
Should I call white black because my enemy is putting it on?
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by adconline(m): 8:09am On Apr 28, 2015
stephan001:
Which means they can get away with anything? Does that place them above the law?
DUMB! NBC hasn't sanctioned them. No court has found them guilty of libel nor slander
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 28, 2015
Igwe9:
Wrong move in MHO, not allowing them to cover the news is already a bad news. Is he the head of the commission that is in charge of the broadcasting ethics and standards?
He better let the sleeping dogs be!

They must pay for their unprofessional conduct in terms of ethics,standards and conduct.A station that was involved in assassination of GMB character is now rushing to cover his activities.This means if they have the chance,they can kill him.

Shameless station.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Acekidc4(m): 8:09am On Apr 28, 2015
Dominiquez:
I pity anyone that supports this ban, cos Buhari is now fighting FOI law that allowed APC to excel . Banning of APC will be the beginning of the dark days for the media under Buhari's govt.

TVC and Sahara reporters were never banned even when they were broadcasting lies against Jonathan govt.

You better Pity yourself, Not us

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:09am On Apr 28, 2015
vanunu:
Nigeria is indeed a big zoo, with so many tribal fools , it seems quite clear that this man is very very vindictive, he is not a democrat at all. He is going to set this country ablaze.
. Shut up and go here....... Flashback: GEJ clamps down on the press, seize newspapers and arrests journalists

https://www.nairaland.com/2123824/revealed-gej-clamps-down-press

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by HzRF(m): 8:10am On Apr 28, 2015
azzutee:
I stopped watching AIT during electioneering campaign immediately they abandoned the ethics of journalism. Freedom of information doesn't not allow anybody or media houses to malign the image of anybody either influential or not. There is always a limitation to every laws.
Did u also stop reading punch,premium times,sahara reporters

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by HzRF(m): 8:10am On Apr 28, 2015
debo07:
Dokpesi used to earn my respect years back.But now he doesn't have even the smallest of respects from me again.He really took the campaign personal.he went just too far with it.People shouldn't see Buhari's action against AIT as an attack on media sector cos I'm sure Buhari won't do that to other stations.Dokpesi just need to be dealt with to regain his sences.This will teach him never to air hate campaign against anybody again in future.
Lyk say or respect dey put food on his table
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Biggyd2: 8:12am On Apr 28, 2015
That's how it starts. So what of the states that didn't give him majority support? The army that refused to release his certificate? Why cant he wait till he is sworn in, then set better standards for the media if he thinks that what is on ground is not adequate.

All you supporting this act should not come out tomorrow to talk against this government when the tables turn on you. It is so despicable how people can lie and support lies when their party err. Let us make Nigeria great. Support your country no matter the party.Parties come and go but this country will remain.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Ralphlauren(m): 8:12am On Apr 28, 2015
Kx:
For crying out loud why should AIT even think of covering " the real buhari"?
Is dokpesi and AIT memory that short?
For all the nonsense they spewed on the order of PDP have they issued a public apologia to buhari in particular and the nation at large?

You mocked a man that his beloved wife died of whatever disease as if it his fault and you want your set to roll now to cover his activities and at the slightest reality check to want to whip up public sentiment to say you are being victimised.

AIT don't only need to resolve issues of ethics and standards, they must justify exactly why they should be beaming trash to Nigeria's airways and not otueke and sambisa airways combined.

they also insulted his first child/daughter who died from sickle cell anaemia

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by HzRF(m): 8:13am On Apr 28, 2015
amakaobiemeka:
Its bar not ban. Its just a decision to freeze out ait frm covering his activities which he has a right to, he hasnt stopped them frm airing what they feel abt him. Its a way of punishing mediocrity, stupidity, impunity, no regard for rule of law people, nta case is understandable as it was in gej willpower, but ait just like channels or stv had the chance to play journalism with ethics and protect all sides and not give another excess priviledge but it did, the common man was bruised and raped its firm with the fg at their mercy. This is a signal to those who would rape our rule of law again! Mods laslastica pls fp so dummies can knw why
Rubbish
Gej was hail by all media
Datx y he didn't ban or bar anybody

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by symbianDON(m): 8:13am On Apr 28, 2015
aottravels:
Sentiments apart i would have done same if i were him....
you even try sef....if na me ehn, I will make sure I wreck dokpesi in 6months. AIT should just close shop because they know nothing close to journalism. what goes around comes right back around.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Eureka123(f): 8:13am On Apr 28, 2015
One of my Facebook friend writes:

If you are among those who blocked and unfriended peope because they supported Jonathan or did not support Buhari then it is natural for you to excuse and support Buhari's ban on AIT from covering his activities.

If someone is not yet the President and he begins displaying vendetta and you are not worried about this then I have more to fear from you then the President-elect.

Anyone with this type of mentality is too immature for politics. Immaturity in politics does not stem from age or the number of years or information acquisition in politics. No! It is not.

Politics is a murky game of propaganda, lies, deceit, malicious gossip and so on. If you are someone who only supports one sided malicious gossip especially the one against your opponent but frowns at the one against your preferred candidate, then politics is not meant for you. You should rather take into the military instead.

All the shits and lies that the Fox news peddle against Obama, not once have this nonsense been head. Security safety wetin? Are you the first politician or President-elect that is being lied against by the media?

What about those of Sahara reporters, Premium Times, the nation and co against GEJ and the PDP? I'm sure they are not propagandas but investigative and professional journalism in you eyes, in so far you are an APC and Buhari fan. And of cause these media houses did not constitute a security threat to GEJ and his associates. But it is AIT that is a threat and security to your amala republic General, because AIT is now a terrorist organization abi?

Something dey do una head! If this is what politics has turned some of you into then you are way gone! I do not know if some of you are being sincere or just pretending to be blind?

Let me tell you folks a little history since history was banned by a once upon a time dictator from your school curriculum. I assume if the subject was compulsory as it used to be then, many of you would have understood what dictatorship is and what democracy is not. But the dictator banned it, it seems he knew the benefit and you are an evidence of that benefit.

Buhari Banned "King Cobra", a mere Campus Magazine in Far Away Ile-Ife (UNIFE) now Obafemi Awolowo University, and the his junta claimed that the Students are Planning to Overthrow his Government between 1983-1985.

You must be brushing yourself off and saying "that was different then", "it was Buhari's ghost". Perhaps to claim to ban AIT from covering his activities siting security concerns is a different thing from the former. I hear you clearly, you think very clearly and objectively and I am impressed. Keep it up!

The SUN newspapers during the administration of Obasanjo said all sorts of crazy stuffs about Obj, I do not recall when the sun was banned because of threat to Obj's safety. And one time the sun newspapers captured a photo of Obasanjo holding a copy of their newspaper, headlined "even the president can't help to have a taste of us". Oh I get it! AIT just began becoming an assassination organization after Buhari won the elections.

Mind you, in 2011, Dokpesi was the campaign man for IBB during the PDP primaries. Guess what? They did what every political media would do to their opponents on Jonathan. Perhaps Jonathan was not in a security threat and so there was no need to ban AIT from covering his affairs after he won.

The other time Femi Aribisala was crying that his article was not published by newspapers because the contain criticisms of the APC and the exposure of the election rigging mechanisms they implored in the just concluded elections and some of you began calling him a bad looser and an attention seeker. Perhaps it is when a party inspires riots and burns buildings and kills Youth corpers like in 2011, that how we will know a good looser, abi?

Na so e dey start small small. Person wey dey laugh when dog dey bite him enemy no dey sabi say wan day that sabi go bite him pikin, because to use him teeth don dey sweet am and person been dey applaud am. Ride on! Keep being objective.

7 Likes

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by GoodMuyis(m): 8:14am On Apr 28, 2015
fr3do:

AIT should be our last concern, it is not them that are to run the affairs of this country.
It is Buhari's seemingly unchanged hate for free press that is worrying.
GEJ never barred Sahara, by Buhari taking this move he is already taking things for granted and the people should show their displeasure.

In the case of GEJ anything SaharaReporter published, although may be politically incline, but not meant to destroy his personality, but AIT went to far even bring his deceased family into their insult.

Imagine a Nairalander insulting your Parent here, am sure your will forever hate him

OK Lets Dokpesi realise his Err and Apologize shikena
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by donbenie(m): 8:14am On Apr 28, 2015
lordkrato:

Hmm.. Thought you where silly but this takes the cake.. And who are the idiots liking this bland comment?? !!

Kindly tell us, you dumb sucker who is the shining light of our media and broadcasting?

If you think AIT is the shinning light of our media and broadcasting,then you must be very DUMB yourself,CHANNELSTV remains the BEST and most PROFESSIONAL TV station in Nigeria,AIT deserves everything that's coming to them and then some,they are a DISGRACE to PROFESIONALISM even NTA didn't Stoop so low..

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Ezemust: 8:14am On Apr 28, 2015
otigbagba:
..force is necessary for any society to behave well. ..more force pls..
de are diff kind of force.the one gmb is operating is a calous one.how can u send soldiers to the market and ask them to ensure dat a particular comodity is sold d same price?
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Seun360(m): 8:15am On Apr 28, 2015
Dominiquez:
I pity anyone that supports this ban, cos Buhari is now fighting FOI law that allowed APC to excel . Banning of APC will be the beginning of the dark days for the media under Buhari's govt.

TVC and Sahara reporters were never banned even when they were broadcasting lies against Jonathan govt.

Baba, they were barred and not banned.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by chrisneverlack: 8:15am On Apr 28, 2015
fr3do:

AIT should be our last concern, it is not them that are to run the affairs of this country.
It is Buhari's seemingly unchanged hate for free press that is worrying.
GEJ never barred Sahara, by Buhari taking this move he is already taking things for granted and the people should show their displeasure.
I'm sure you are responding from either chad, ghana or S' Africa......Need 4 u to relocate......
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 28, 2015
But bokoharam shout Allah arkba before they kill and their target are mainly christian and some Muslims they consider infidel.This man continue defense for bokoharam shows he is a staunch supporter of the terrorists group.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 28, 2015
Dominiquez:

all those shiiit can only happen under GEJ, NOW IT'S TIME FOR DISCIPLINE!wink

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by LouisVanGaal(m): 8:16am On Apr 28, 2015
Dominiquez:

Pls check the difference between a BAR and a BAN..come back and thank me later! Besides, were other Professional press organisations not there to cover the event

Typical of Nigerian, ALWAYS supporting mediocrity!
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by NZEGWUAGU(m): 8:16am On Apr 28, 2015
Shame on all of you. Who looks into their standard an ethics. I hope Nigerian are begining to realise their error of judgment by electing a muslim terrorist group to lead Nigeria in contemporary times. Which other leader has received insults in the media more than Jonathan but did we hear anything about a clamp down on any of the media outfits: print, audio and visual media? Shame on Nigerians for choosing retrogression at the expense of progression! AIT should ignore those terrorists and do their job. Buhari even after being sworn in does not have such powers to clamp down on the press. He does not want AIT to monitor his meetings with Alqaeda, ISIS, Alshabab and Boko Haram. His failure has begun!
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 28, 2015
This man has not change one bit.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by adeolaod(m): 8:17am On Apr 28, 2015
some people are Just not serious..What happen to ethics when ait was airing about someone's child's death..Who in his or her right senses will take that in the name of politics..Sahara and tvc has never view Mama peace not having a child,did they?... anyway buhari is still a civilian like anybody and He has a fight to Barr anybody or in institution from his house....ait should go and eat there 7billion...Nta was not barred, that tell us something... one is Just serving it master and one Is been used..

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by HonAnalysis: 8:17am On Apr 28, 2015
Pls if u dont understand ethics from foi, pls keep quiet and read peoples comment. Must u be defamed all in d name of foi? And as for Reuben, don't u understand he is a columnist and could be sue for libel if d person in question feel he is wrong.Professionalism demands using ur brain and following d rules
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Chigold101(m): 8:18am On Apr 28, 2015
Gr8amechi:
read your lines, he didn't ban them,he bar them from covering his activities, try and check the difference between bar and ban
lolzzz tell me the difference between to bar & to ban.

GMB cant ban them that is why he barred them. However, GMB/APC supporters see this bar or ban, it is a very wrong move. And it is a sign of dark days tocome in this country.

GEJ suffered as a sitting president in the hands of the media houses like, punch, TVC, sahara reporters, leadership newspaper, the nation even nairaland, but for once he never stopped any of them to cover his events.

We all including APC enjoyed freedom of speech & press so much but now we are about going back to 1984 decree 4.

Just imagine Obama barring FoxNews or MSBC from covering events in the USA, because they are his greatest critics.

GMB will not & cannot stand criticism. He cannot stand opposition & that means someone like me is already in trouble, because i will write, criticis & speak against him if he makes any wrong move.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by HzRF(m): 8:18am On Apr 28, 2015
chadnezzar0worl:
Ban the unprofessional bastards for the next eight years! Mofos! Dokpesi is a big disgrace and will eat sand for the next four years!

Went against d ethics of broadcasting for a plate of porridge! Ait lost my respect! They should go take a cue form channels, who is gaining wide spread international relevance!

While AIT should fees fat on their 7 billion campaign funds
Went against ethnics
Unlike sahara, premium times,tvc
U should be concern bout ur live

AIT
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Smartgunna: 8:18am On Apr 28, 2015
Does this give a hint as to the path the General is towing as regards press freedom? I pray not. Supporting this move is really myopic. People are failing to see the larger picture. Yes, AIT outrightly said some despicable and stupid things ,but didn't TVC do the same? Slap a libel suit on them..don't bar or ban them. Yes, he is within his rights to bar them but this sends wrong signals about GMBs temperament. Can he take criticisms cos as president of Nigeria he will be criticized. Come May 29. Goodluck s baggage, becomes his.
Has anyone heard about Fox news in the US. They so hate Obama and spew rubbish against him. Guess what, he grants interviews to them sometimes.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by olami234lekan(m): 8:18am On Apr 28, 2015
Dominiquez:

I don't know about TVC but sahara never broadcast any lies against anybody if you can investigate go ahead and look look into all there news they are complete truth including the dark sides of people like tinubu and buhari they have it all and they are complete truth which is why no one can have a case against them and win Obanikoro as a case study.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 28, 2015
hardbody:

Sounds interesting but does not concern me. When sahara reporter was writing all manner of lies and insults on a sitting president they were not barred. Lets keep waiting for the imposition of Decree 4 in a military democracy.
How manytimes do u go on Sahara to read viable news or how much trusted licence have been given to them compared to AIT, AIT is national nd international tv for fvck sake, so they should have known better not to post shi about ones personality!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

AIT Almost Yanked Reno Omokri Off The Air For Criticising Buhari Harshly (Video) / Senators Attempt To Reconvene The National Assembly. / Osinbajo Meets Akpabio At Villa Ahead Of Defection To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.