Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT (57056 Views)

Emeka Ephraim Ugwuonye Barred From Legal Practice In Nigeria / Revealed: Reason Buhari Is Yet To Move Into Aso Rock - Breaking Times / Buhari Barred Osinbajo From Security Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by mjb05(m): 8:20am On Apr 28, 2015
Well deserve punishment
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Acekidc4(m): 8:20am On Apr 28, 2015
Excellentmind:

You are such a great fool for not seeing punch as a bias media house other than AIT.

And you My Friend must be the Greatest Fool I have ever Seen!! Spewing Rubbish since the Days of Lord Lugard!!
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by HzRF(m): 8:20am On Apr 28, 2015
Scatterboss:

How can GEJ bar sahara reporters, an online news agency based in NY. What about the clampdown on some newspapers by this same GEJ?
E.g
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by loomer: 8:20am On Apr 28, 2015
With all the silly comments and things being said by Fox news about president Obama and his administration, has he ever stopped them from covering any of his events?

Make una see truth talk, this isn't right.

Nothin like security reasons, or then no de search people?
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by hotgunz(m): 8:20am On Apr 28, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
I support for AIT to step aside. Their standards and ethics must be looked into.

AIT is a disgrace and embarrassment to media broadcasting.
u re a disgrace to the world, do u even knw wat freedom of speech and journalism means, because AJ support arab world means the can't cover in the united state s dat ur point? holy fuckin shit can't believe people like u still exist
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by klax(m): 8:22am On Apr 28, 2015
INDUSTRIALFAN:
Flashback: GEJ clamps down on the press, seize newspapers and arrests journalists

https://www.nairaland.com/2123824/revealed-gej-clamps-down-press

Pls when did that happened

APC boys you are not helping this country with this your way of anger, supporting wrong thing, aggression, lies, propaganda, hate and abuse this will not lead to anywhere.

Anything any apc member do is right if even seen sucking human blood broad day light in as far its apc member it's ok. Honestly i'm beginning to see it like Nigeria might have make another deadly mistake again by voting this satanic party ro power.

Wrong is wrong GMB is yet to be sworn in has no reason to ban anybody get that to your creamy skull. Period!!!

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by gyanny: 8:22am On Apr 28, 2015
Professionally,AIT was wrong to have collected money for airing those documentaries.if what AIT aired about Buhari were Objectives (not Subjectives),Buhari would not take such action!And again,Buhari does not gaggle media!
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by andyprez(m): 8:23am On Apr 28, 2015
Hardetayour:
Firstly they say APC supporters can't do without abusing, well this has been proven wrong my this old boy here.

Secondly, when AIT was airing negative things about the man, u were all praising them to high heavens. Now the man said he bars them from his activities, u're all crying fowl. Tell me he has no good reason for what he did. Its just like embracing someone that obviously wanted to kill you. AIT should borrow sense from Tony Momoh

Your comments are as biased as the AIT claims. During the elections AIT were in favor for the PDP while Channels were openly against the PDP while showing their full backing for the APC.

Channels were always reporting pre and post-election violence majorly in PDP states.

This brought a response from Gov. Akpabio from Akwa Ibom.

Personally I do not support his idea of barring a media house because u perceive hate. If that's the case, he should also bar NTA.

There should be freedom of the press I guess.

NB: I don't support both stations. I will still watch my Channels news @ 10! tonight
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Prinzemel(m): 8:23am On Apr 28, 2015
[i][/i][quote author=chadnezzar0worl post=33183747]Ban the unprofessional bastards for the next eight years! Mofos! Dokpesi is a big disgrace and will eat sand for the next four years!

Went against d ethics of broadcasting for a plate of porridge! Ait lost my respect! They should go take a cue form channels, who is gaining wide spread international relevance!

While AIT should fees fat on their 7 billion. campaign funds[/quote.
They are incompetent but still remain better than sahara and the TVC crew,for ur info they only carried out their duty{broadcasting},they were not the only ones that aired adverts and documentries on prominent politicians. Stop the hate on AIT cos the last time I checked, they also aired adverts that opposes the GEJ. ADministration.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:24am On Apr 28, 2015
Buhari is my mentor, Amaechi is my role model.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 28, 2015
Chigold101:
lolzzz tell me the difference between to bar & to ban.

GMB cant ban them that is why he barred them. However, GMB/APC supporters see this bar or ban, it is a very wrong move. And it is a sign of dark days tocome in this country.

GEJ suffered as a sitting president in the hands of the media houses like, punch, TVC, sahara reporters, leadership newspaper, the nation even nairaland, but for once he never stopped any of them to cover his events.

We all including APC enjoyed freedom of speech & press so much but now we are about going back to 1984 decree 4.

Just imagine Obama barring FoxNews or MSBC from covering events in the USA, because they are his greatest critics.

GMB will not & cannot stand criticism. He cannot stand opposition & that means someone like me is already in trouble, because i will write, criticis & speak against him if he makes any wrong move.
[b]are u more concerned about moving Nigeria forward or just ready to support pdp/gej??, the president elect says that what he wants so why complain! Anyone that won't aid the progress will the BARRED.BADDO.BADDEST. Even AIT!
You'll all better advice AIT to apologise nd show its support for the present govt.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Raiders: 8:24am On Apr 28, 2015
Dominiquez:
I pity anyone that supports this ban, cos Buhari is now fighting FOI law that allowed APC to excel . Banning of APC will be the beginning of the dark days for the media under Buhari's govt.

TVC and Sahara reporters were never banned even when they were broadcasting lies against Jonathan govt.
Buhari never banned AIT. The statement did not say AIT was ban from broadcasting in Nigeria
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 28, 2015
Dominiquez:
I pity anyone that supports this ban, cos Buhari is now fighting FOI law that allowed APC to excel . Banning of APC will be the beginning of the dark days for the media under Buhari's govt.

TVC and Sahara reporters were never banned even when they were broadcasting lies against Jonathan govt.

Is it that you cannot differentiate between bar and ban?

He's saying they are not welcome to his home. It's part of security protocol. AIT constitute a security treath. Presstv is barred from having stations in most if not all western countries.

Nothing new. Ait should focus on Otueke thingy
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by remsonik(f): 8:24am On Apr 28, 2015
You attack a man's family and part of his life which he still holds dear all cos of stupid electioneering and you expect not to be barred.
After all AIT was only barred from that function not banned. Wait till he's sworn in then you will have full access to him. He doesn't have the constitutional right to stop the press from covering his activities as president so what's the fuss all about
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Acekidc4(m): 8:25am On Apr 28, 2015
klax:

But wait Mr respect what about TVC but Gej has the power not only to ban them but shut it down but he never did. Please all is politics it has come and gone the fact remain GMB has no right or reason to ban anybody so pls put that earn your respect in toilet and flush it off and just kindly talk sense ok. No offense.

That shows you don't watch your Tv instead you use it as a decoration for ya house!! Did TVC go that far the way AIT did Answer me in all Honesty!!

Did TVC break any Rules of Journalism ethics Answer me in all Honesty!!
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by sagr(m): 8:25am On Apr 28, 2015
Dominiquez:
I pity anyone that supports this ban, cos Buhari is now fighting FOI law that allowed APC to excel . Banning of APC will be the beginning of the dark days for the media under Buhari's govt. Its bar not ban, pls go back to school

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by tiwiex(m): 8:25am On Apr 28, 2015
Like I always tell people. We don't know the full story. But then, we saw those documentaries. He knows AIT wanted his downfall at all cost. Why trust his life with a Dokpesi proxy? What if they are sent to hurt him or his family? Until AIT's case is resolved in court, there is some sense in this. It seems a little fuzzy due to press freedom though. If a newspaper unknowingly publishes something wrong about him, how do we judge the difference. He should have let due process through the NBC take its course while he beefs up his security. But then again, is he a private citizen since he has not been sworn in? If he is, then he can choose who visits him or not.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by GoodMuyis(m): 8:25am On Apr 28, 2015
Eureka123:
One of my Facebook friend writes:

If you are among those who blocked and unfriended peope because they supported Jonathan or did not support Buhari then it is natural for you to excuse and support Buhari's ban on AIT from covering his activities.

You have tried as an Opposition from your write-ups, Pls Just answer this question:

Press Freedom and Human Right which is greater?

In no way will you say the former is greater than the latter. It was categorically state that their are to be settled, when that is resolve AIT can have the way into GMB vicinity. why bad feelings

Ops, If you are in Abuja or knew somebody, their ask them about one "Brekete Family Radio Programme",
guest what GEj stops it
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by weslineo: 8:26am On Apr 28, 2015
Election campaigh is over;what AIT did and what they didn't do should bother the president elect.After all worst things have happened to people.if he is truly a leader ,he shouldn't bother himself with that.I can boldly say i have begin to see the lapses of a man that will take us no where.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by klax(m): 8:27am On Apr 28, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Buhari is my mentor, Amaechi is my role model.

Bros you could be right as per GMB but Amaechi is gone politically mark my word wait and see what is going to happen to him when GMB assume office within a period of 6 months and a year just watch.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 28, 2015
cococandy:
Na GEJ fault.
He tolerated APC lies and propaganda that they used the media to peddle.
Gave them the window to spread lies about him.

Una never see anything.
The witch hunting is only starting.
Can u imagine, nd u want Nigeria to progress, if that's how the whites do, will u have sth to imitate, i doubt if u'll even have phone to use to post this shi, cos while everyone is witch hunting there won't be any Techno to produce sth for u to use to post sh!!t!
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by teeboi15: 8:28am On Apr 28, 2015
AIT is a disgrace to democracy,we all know some of dis media houses belong to individuals but certain ethics and morals shud be maintained and not discarded in the bin...
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by mistabiola: 8:29am On Apr 28, 2015
Igwe9:
Wrong move in MHO, not allowing them to cover the news is already a bad news. Is he the head of the commission that is in charge of the broadcasting ethics and standards?
He better let the sleeping dogs be!

Did you even know the meaning of President

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by frankson1(m): 8:29am On Apr 28, 2015
Igwe9:
Wrong move in MHO, not allowing them to cover the news is already a bad news. Is he the head of the commission that is in charge of the broadcasting ethics and standards?
He better let the sleeping dogs be!

My broda if u wan com take me picture and I say no, shey na bad thing?. AIT were used and I think they should admit that and step aside.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by netmillionaires(m): 8:29am On Apr 28, 2015
azzutee:
I stopped watching AIT during electioneering campaign immediately they abandoned the ethics of journalism. Freedom of information doesn't not allow anybody or media houses to malign the image of anybody either influential or not. There is always a limitation to every laws.
sometimes I kindda feel that the real reason why the freedom of information bill was passed into law is to enable the present government air its evil documentaries and not because it really wanted to give the masses a voice.
I can't just understand why they started the hate campaign after passing the bill into law.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:30am On Apr 28, 2015
klax:

Pls when did that happened

APC boys you are not helping this country with this your way of anger, supporting wrong thing, aggression, lies, propaganda, hate and abuse this will not lead to anywhere.

Anything any apc member do is right if even seen sucking human blood broad day light in as far its apc member it's ok. Honestly i'm beginning to see it like Nigeria might have make another deadly mistake again by voting this satanic party ro power.

Wrong is wrong GMB is yet to be sworn in has no reason to ban anybody get that to your creamy skull. Period!!!
There is no lie in it. Last year the army clamped down on newspapers. The funny part of it was that not only were the printing houses touched, the newspapers that were displayed by vendors, being conveyed in vans and taken to airports for distribution, were seized.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Azo(m): 8:30am On Apr 28, 2015
fr3do:

AIT should be our last concern, it is not them that are to run the affairs of this country.
It is Buhari's seemingly unchanged hate for free press that is worrying.
GEJ never barred Sahara, by Buhari taking this move he is already taking things for granted and the people should show their displeasure.
are u an idiot? Are u saying i dont have d right to tell a journalist to stay clear from my hnme family nd my event? Who are dis morons dat cnt reason just cos dey are 'fool' of hate?
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 28, 2015
Codedrunscom:

If SR/TVc were barred/banned from GEJ and PEJ functions how would you have reacted ? you are a disgrace to womanhood
did TVC broadcast any personal sh!!t bout gej, seems u know nothing of journalism.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by NZEGWUAGU(m): 8:31am On Apr 28, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
Pls check the difference between a BAR and a BAN..come back and thank me later! Besides, were other Professional press organisations not there to cover the event

Typical of Nigerian, ALWAYS supporting mediocrity!
Whether Bar or Ban it amounts to undue interferrence with press freedom. It's a kind of intimidation to the psyche of media outfits to knock them into one straight line. Imagine how privileged the ones who have been allowed to cover the scare-crow feel, you know those chosen ones feeling? Buhari hates criticisms because he has a lot to hide but he will suffer this time around! They have started again like in the days of Yar'Adua. Family. What's the meaning of that for a president-elect? Should we obey his so-called family or the constitution? He is a sick man and we warned Nigerians but they won't listen.

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Azo(m): 8:31am On Apr 28, 2015
khassy:
now what is this man doing

lhe may be the worst thing that........
who owns this cow?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Senators Attempt To Reconvene The National Assembly. / Osinbajo Meets Akpabio At Villa Ahead Of Defection To APC / Photo: Emir Of Kano And His Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.