Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

We Igbos Should Change - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / We Igbos Should Change (8378 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Igbos Should Change by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 29, 2015
i'm just sick and tired of it...all of it. it makes me sick to the stomach.

What, you might ask? This 'get rich at all cost' altitude of my brothers.

I have been in warri, delta state for my service year. I stayed a whole full year there.

But finally i came back to aba, my hometown.

The first thing i bought in a store, a superglue i bought for N50 was just water. more than 3 quarter of the content was air, and the remaining content was just a slimy liquid that could'nt even glue my fingers together.

I thought that was a mistake, the next morning i went to buy detergent for washing. I bought the Ariel sachet, went home and opened it and you wouldn't believe what i saw. the detergent couldn't even lather.

Throughout my stay in warri, never, not even once did i buy any product that i was not happy with, and just two days in aba, i have bought 2 adulterated products already?

If you ever buy anything in aba, there are 59% chances that it would be fake. I have been to some other states and this is not the case. Same with onitsha. They copy so well that you can barely differentiate.

They way wealth is worshiped in my region is very disgusting. All my friends are into Scam. You can barely find an honest innocent guy here.

During my stay in warri, i found guys that go to farm, do menial jobs and apprenticeship. but here, everyone is feeling way to big. Most graduates are just too lazy to do anything aside yahoo and internet scams. And the most disturbing part is that, nobody cares.

Last year, one of my friend, a very little boy of 19, hit money on yahoo and rented a flat for his parents. They didn't even ask how he got the money.

Most of our brothers that are being sent abroad are even expected to steal. if you do not steal, you are not sharp. 'can't you see chinedu that went to abroad last year and he is back this year already building a 4 story house? '

I am writing this because i am very concerned with the way this is going. What would be our prospects in the future? is this the way to build a stronger society?

Let's call a spade a spade and stop this extreme materialistic tendencies of our people.

Shachris.

31 Likes

Re: We Igbos Should Change by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 29, 2015
Really need changes indeed
Re: We Igbos Should Change by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 29, 2015
kaybiel2u:
Really need changes indeed

that, my brother, is an understatement. we need a revolution, in philosophy.

1 Like

Re: We Igbos Should Change by Mogidi: 8:58pm On Apr 29, 2015
They way wealth is worshiped in my region is very disgusting. All my friends are into Scam. You can barely find an honest innocent guy here.

Wow

You're an Igbo man yet you opened a thread so people from other tribes can throw jibes at your people?

What a great asset to Igbo cause, thank your stars you're not from edo, we use people like you to bury the Oba.

*Spits on thread*

13 Likes

Re: We Igbos Should Change by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 29, 2015
OP is a Yoruba man.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Igbos Should Change by BlackTechnology: 8:59pm On Apr 29, 2015
shachris03:

I have been in warri, delta state for my service year. I stayed a whole full year there.

The first thing i bought in a store, a superglue i bought for N50 was just water. more than 3 quarter of the content was air, and the remaining content was just a slimy liquid that could'nt even glue my fingers together.

I thought that was a mistake, the next morning i went to buy detergent for washing. I bought the Ariel sachet, went home and opened it and you wouldn't believe what i saw. the detergent couldn't even lather.

Throughout my stay in warri, never, not even once did i buy any product that i was not happy with, and just two days in aba, i have bought 2 adulterated products already?

If you ever buy anything in aba, there are 59% chances that it would be fake. I have been to some other states and this is not the case. Same with onitsha. They copy so well that you can barely differentiate.

During my stay in warri, i found guys that go to farm, do menial jobs and apprenticeship. but here, everyone is feeling way to big. Most graduates are just too lazy to do anything aside yahoo and internet scams. And the most disturbing part is that, nobody cares.

Last year, one of my friend, a very little boy of 19, hit money on yahoo and rented a flat for his parents. They didn't even ask how he got the money.

Most of our brothers that are being sent abroad are even expected to steal. if you do not steal, you are not sharp. 'can't you see chinedu that went to abroad last year and he is back this year already building a 4 story house? '

I am writing this because i am very concerned with the way this is going. What would be our prospects in the future? is this the way to build a stronger society?

Let's call a spade a spade and stop this extreme materialistic tendencies of our people.

Shachris.

Yoruba boy

How your amala grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Igbos Should Change by ozoigbondu: 9:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
Another igbo wannabe

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Igbos Should Change by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
Bleep this thread

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Igbos Should Change by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 29, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Yoruba boy

How your amala grin

kekwe ebe agbusi a si puta?

1 Like

Re: We Igbos Should Change by write2obi(m): 9:03pm On Apr 29, 2015
So boys now seeks attention undecided , I tot it was a girl thing undecided

2 Likes

Re: We Igbos Should Change by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mogidi:

Wow

You're an Igbo man yet you opened a thread so people from other tribes can throw jibes at your people?

What a great asset to Igbo cause, thank your stars you're not from edo, we use people like you to bury the Oba.

*Spits on thread*

before being an igboman, i am a child of God first, and an honest man. If i see evil, i would speak up, even if it is perpetrate by my kinsmen.

Like the guy that sold his sister for 10k, you would support that, right?

if other nigerians from other regions would stand up and condemn evil, this country would be a better place.

23 Likes

Re: We Igbos Should Change by BlackTechnology: 9:05pm On Apr 29, 2015
shachris03:

kekwe ebe agbusi a si puta?

You can't even write simple Igbo grin

Amala Ewedu intoxication cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Igbos Should Change by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 29, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Another igbo wannabe

eze n'esi n'ogburu. a naghi azo eze azo.
Re: We Igbos Should Change by Mogidi: 9:06pm On Apr 29, 2015
shachris03:

before being an igboman, i am a child of God first, and an honest man. If i see evil, i would speak up, even if it is perpetrate by my kinsmen.

Like the guy that sold his sister for 10k, you would support that, right?

if other nigerians from other regions would stand up and condemn evil, this country would be a better place.

Sorry I bothered commenting on your thread, do me a favour, stop my mentions, thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Igbos Should Change by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 29, 2015
BlackTechnology:

You can't even write simple Igbo grin

Amala Ewedu intoxication cool

e na anu omo. ishi gi aka be.
Re: We Igbos Should Change by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mogidi:

Sorry I bothered commenting on your thread, do me a favour, stop my mentions, thanks.

i usually don't bother replying small boys. i made an exception in your case because i thought you had a little sense.

9 Likes

Re: We Igbos Should Change by BlackTechnology: 9:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
shachris03:

e na anu omo. ishi gi aka be.

This sounds more like Idoma than Igbo grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Igbos Should Change by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 29, 2015
BlackTechnology:

This sounds more like Idoma than Igbo grin

i'm not proving anything to you man. we either make this right today or we might regret in the future.

money is not everything. we igbos should mellow down on our love for money. it's causing a societal decadence that we might never repair in the future.

5 Likes

Re: We Igbos Should Change by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 29, 2015
write2obi:
So boys now seeks attention undecided , I tot it was a girl thing undecided

onye hu eziokwu ya ekwuo. if we continue like this, we might end up not being able to repair the damage. we should nip this in the bud now before it becomes institutionalized.

3 Likes

Re: We Igbos Should Change by DickDastardly(m): 9:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
Your type in igboland are quickly sold into slavery for free or sacrificed to the gods in olden days.
i doubt if you are igbo though, but if you are, God help you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Igbos Should Change by Dindera(m): 9:22pm On Apr 29, 2015
shachris03:

Shachris.

Lols

Why are Yorubas always claiming to be Igbos?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Igbos Should Change by Caseless: 9:23pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mogidi:

Wow

*Spits on thread*
how old are you? A concerned igbo is talking, who are you to shout him down? Dispute what he said with fact; take sentiment out of it.

7 Likes

Re: We Igbos Should Change by ezeagu(m): 9:23pm On Apr 29, 2015
Poor you nau.

1 Like

Re: We Igbos Should Change by Caseless: 9:23pm On Apr 29, 2015
Welcome to biafra!
Re: We Igbos Should Change by ezeagu(m): 9:24pm On Apr 29, 2015
Caseless:
Welcome to biafra!

Better than Benin Republic and Burkina Faso.

Abeg na joke o!

1 Like

Re: We Igbos Should Change by ozoigbondu: 9:25pm On Apr 29, 2015
DickDastardly:
Your type in igboland are quickly sold into slavery for free or sacrificed to the gods in olden days.

His type heads are used to bury kings

3 Likes

Re: We Igbos Should Change by OoduaVanguard: 9:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
Biafra is the answer grin

2 Likes

Re: We Igbos Should Change by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
Dindera:

Lols

Why are Yorubas always claiming to be Igbos?

onye ulo ya na agba oku anaghi achu oke.

what would i gain by claiming to be igbo? if you don't stop evil when it is young, it would grow to overwhelm you. we need to mellow down on our materialistic tendencies.

8 Likes

Re: We Igbos Should Change by write2obi(m): 9:29pm On Apr 29, 2015
shachris03:

onye hu eziokwu ya ekwuo. if we continue like this, we might end up not being able to repair the damage. we should nip this in the bud now before it becomes institutionalized.
Dude the only damage i see here are the saboteurs we have among us, i have 10% battery so i can't type much , boko haram and militants have caused Nigerias far more damages compared to what aba or onitsha boys have done, but i don't see their brothers bashing them so they can get cheap popularity. Izu ka mma na nne ji
Re: We Igbos Should Change by Er0ticAngela(f): 9:31pm On Apr 29, 2015
The OP is very correct. The ibo mans consuming lust for money either by hook or crook is unrivaled.

An ibo man can kill his mother for money rituals - Ndi Ogwu Ego

An ibo man can kidnap his own father for money

An ibo (wo)man can sell his/her baby for money ... I learnt that a one month old baby is sold for two naira fifty kobo at the IsiAlaNgwa baby factory

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Igbos Should Change by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 29, 2015
DickDastardly:

and your type would be killed in malaysia, south africa or even indonesia because you are so criminal and only after how to make easy money.

i am a good man before i became an igbo man. i don't do crab mentality. i don't follow the crowd simply because they are my kin.

5 Likes

Re: We Igbos Should Change by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
write2obi:

Dude the only damage i see here are the saboteurs we have among us, i have 10% battery so i can't type much , boko haram and militants have caused Nigerias far more damages compared to what aba or onitsha boys have done, but i don't see their brothers bashing them so they can get cheap popularity. Izu ka mma na nne ji

so because boko haram see evil and shut up, we should also do the same. who are boko haram killing? igbos baa?

Who are adulterated products killing? Hausa's baa?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See The Alert I Got From Access Bank Today! / ALAT (wema Bank) Indefinitely Restricted My Account Without Reason. Pls Help! / Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.