Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second (4438 Views)

Poll: Which should you put first?

Your tribe: 20% (8 votes)
Your country: 35% (14 votes)
Your race: 10% (4 votes)
Your humanity: 35% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Are you Nigerian first and tribe second or equally both? / What Should Be Done To Make Our Politicans Put The Country First? / Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by horny4u(f): 3:29pm On Feb 06, 2009
Putting your Country before your Tribe is the Solution to every problem we have in Naija,
No more what will people say that your brother stole money, turn him over to the LAW, grin
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by WilyWily: 9:44pm On Feb 06, 2009
Country First, God Forbid.
Nigeria a Devil Paradise.
A Devil created by Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by BOSS7: 11:49pm On Feb 06, 2009
WilyWily:

Would you ever give up on your tribal bashing? Do you have a clue what's going on in the world? Dude educate yourself else you'll just die for no good reason. I tell you what, go pick a goodbook and read so as to up your IQ to an average person's standard.

Chineke, na wah for some people.
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by londoner: 4:01pm On Feb 07, 2009
I ink its a vital development which is keeping Nigeria back, without a cohesive national identity, there can be no trust fostered and Nigeria can not move forward as a country. Nigerians generally behave towards eachother through tribal stereotypes and are not willing to come out from behind them for a greater good.

Afterall, we all know that a house/country/nation divided against itself cannot stand.
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by Becomrrich: 4:14pm On Feb 07, 2009
Why , would anyone want to put nigeria first, when nigeria put the north first.

If nigeria govt want nigerian to put nigeria first, then nigeria govt would stop cheating the yorubas. And allow 1man1vote. not the 1man4vote for the north.

I would put Yoruba first before any nation. I was born a yoruba, God made me a yorubaman. And would die a yoruba.

The name nigeria may change. the country nigeria may disintegrate, but name Yoruba would never change an can not cease to exist like Nigeria can cease to exist.

I am proud been a Yorubaman and would die a Yorubaman. long live the federal republic of Yoruba.
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by londoner: 4:45pm On Feb 07, 2009
nobody is saying we should forget tribe, but as it stands we are all part of country called Nigeria, and tribalism has become a roadblock to progress for all.

The injustice you talk of against Yoruba's would not have happened except for the tribalism some of us here are trying to decry.

We simply cannot have our cake and eat it too.
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by enziga(m): 10:46pm On Feb 07, 2009
horny4u:

Putting your Country before your Tribe is the Solution to every problem we have in Naija,
No more what will people say that your brother stole money, turn him over to the LAW, grin

True talk sir
WilyWily:

What does it say on ur useless passport Igbo?? Get a grip on yourself
Becomrrich:

If nigeria govt want nigerian to put nigeria first, then nigeria govt would stop cheating the yorubas. And allow 1man1vote. not the 1man4vote for the north.

I would put Yoruba first before any nation. I was born a yoruba, God made me a yorubaman. And would die a yoruba.

The name nigeria may change. the country nigeria may disintegrate, but name Yoruba would never change an can not cease to exist like Nigeria can cease to exist.

I am proud been a Yorubaman and would die a Yorubaman. long live the federal republic of Yoruba.

Who said you can't be a proud yoruba man and die a yoruba man I am just sayin put your country first, afterall won't you put your own village first before yoruba land?? or your whole family first before your yorubaland
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by asha80(m): 11:15pm On Feb 07, 2009
@enziga

What makes you think WilyWily is igbo?
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by Kobojunkie: 11:19pm On Feb 07, 2009
asha 80:

@enziga

What makes you think WilyWily is igbo?

I have always assumed he was. . . going by his ramblings against other tribes. lol
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by Nobody: 11:24pm On Feb 07, 2009
I'm always Yoruba, not that I'm a tribalist ooooooooooo, but na my tribe first.

wetin that yeye country gotz to offer? undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by MrCrackles(m): 11:25pm On Feb 07, 2009
HeatFusion:

I'm always Yoruba, not that I'm a tribalist ooooooooooo, but na my tribe first.

wetin that yeye country gotz to offer? undecided lipsrsealed

Hehe! grin
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by asha80(m): 11:26pm On Feb 07, 2009
@kobojunkie
Chai kobojunkie so everyone that rambles about 'other ethnic' group must be igbo.Sounds like stereotyping  Na whao.WilyWily is not igbo.
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by Kobojunkie: 11:36pm On Feb 07, 2009
asha 80:

@kobojunkie
Chai kobojunkie so everyone that rambles about 'other ethnic' group must be igbo.Sounds like stereotyping Na whao.WilyWily is not igbo.

LoL. . . . How can I when we have people like earthmama and others on here? lol . Seriously, I know WillyWIlly when he had his original ID made comments alluding to him being from the superior ibo tribe, while engaging others in the usual INSULT-THOSE-FROM -OTHER-TRIBES game.
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by naijaking1: 11:39pm On Feb 07, 2009
Becomrrich:

I would ask you the same question I asked the my-muslim-religion-first group: If Nigeria becomes involved in a war with another country with a significant Yoruba population, would you join that Yoruba republic to attack your fellow members of present Nigeria?
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by Becomrrich: 4:14am On Feb 08, 2009
religion is something you can change. You can change your religion anytime you want. +It would be stupid of you to die for religion.

One a stupid person dies for religion. If God want to fight for himself. He does not need a human being.

Do you mean if nigeria attack benin. I would defend yorubas because I know yorubas in the army would not fight for nigeria against thier own brother.  And I would never fight another yorubas. And would never support Nigeria to go to war with benin republic. And would do anything possible to stop an attack on yorubaland. Either within nigeria, benin or others.

How do you expect me a yoruba man to fight for Northern army to attack my own people.  Nigeria is for Northerner. Look when the rwanda crisis happened. Burudi Tusi and Huntu join in the war.

Ethnics is deeper than religion. We are born with our ethnics group, it is a decision of God, but with religion, it is people who decide which religion they belong. God does not determine your religion. You decide your religion.

Look when Abiola a muslim ran for president, who care for his religion. Did he not get over 90% of the vote. and 1 million vote in ondo state, which have a very high christain population.  If fashola or Tinubu or saraki who are  muslim are running against a non Yoruba do not expect that non yoruba to pick up 5% in yorubaland.  This is the general rule in Yorubaland.  And that the way it would remain for ever.   

This is the rule our forefathers have put in place and it would never change. If you look at the list of coup plotter in major Orkar coup. Most of the yorubas that took part in that coup where muslim, not christain and where mostly or likely from kwara state.

it is the same everywhere in nigeria. ethnics surpass religion. even I know it is the same among northerners. They would rather vote a Jerry Gana or Gowon who are christain than vote a Bukola saraki or Tinubu or fashola who are muslim.  They would dump thier religion for thier group.
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by naijaking1: 4:32am On Feb 08, 2009
Becomrrich:

religion is something you can change. You can change your religion anytime you want. +It would be stupid of you to die for religion.

One a stupid person dies for religion. If God want to fight for himself. He does not need a human being.

Do you mean if nigeria attack benin. I would defend yorubas because I know yorubas in the army would not fight for nigeria against thier own brother. And I would never fight another yorubas. And would never support Nigeria to go to war with benin republic. And would do anything possible to stop an attack on yorubaland. Either within nigeria, benin or others.

How do you expect me a yoruba man to fight for Northern army to attack my own people. Nigeria is for Northerner. Look when the rwanda crisis happened. Burudi Tusi and Huntu join in the war.

This is the rule our forefathers have put in place and it would never change.

You have said it all.
What happens if Benin attacks Nigeria? To a great extent you sounded honest/real, but it simply underlines my point that Nigeria can never be independent with different over-riding tribal tendencies.
Your example about the Hutus and Tutsis/Igbos and Hausa, etc is remarkable, but what about the different tribes of Germany, Italy, and even France who today project a stronger nation than their individual tribes/races?
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by Becomrrich: 4:34am On Feb 08, 2009
Northerner muslim alway kill yoruba muslim all the times. when that demon get into thier head to kill people in riot.
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by naijaking1: 4:40am On Feb 08, 2009
They killed Igbos and easterners for many years, nothing has been done.
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by ijawgirl: 1:35pm On Feb 08, 2009
the people that are saying what has your country done for you

so what has your tribe done for you?
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by Kobojunkie: 2:36pm On Feb 08, 2009
ijaw_girl:

the people that are saying what has your country done for you
Nothing

ijaw_girl:

so what has your tribe done for you?
Nothing

So?
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by WilyWily: 7:29pm On Feb 09, 2009
Compliment Kobo-Junkie,
but I'm not Igbo and i have nothing against.
I am only against those that caused the Mess and decaying of this country. The suffering many other tribes are going through today, are the result of policies of Hausa/Fulani/Yoruba.
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by Kobojunkie: 7:44pm On Feb 09, 2009
WilyWily:

Compliment Kobo-Junkie,
but I'm not Igbo and i have nothing against.
I am only against those that caused the Mess and decaying of this country. The suffering many other tribes are going through today, are the result of policies of Hausa/Fulani/Yoruba.

My mistake! grin
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by naijaking1: 9:00am On Feb 10, 2009
Tribalism is one of the cheapest means of appealing to an uninformed crowd, with time we hope naija people will see trick whenever a politician resorts to it.
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by onax: 11:03am On Feb 11, 2009
go for humanity people
grin grin grin
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by udezue(m): 11:28am On Feb 11, 2009
Asha,

na one spoilt brat on facebook. His father works for oil company for naija and he is benefitting so trust me the guy doesn't support nigerdelta. He hates being Igbo and Biafra. His self hatred is quite annoying. Barely came to yankee as international student. Too damn childish. U aint seen da worst of him.

Thou my own is also in the oil business as a geophysicist he is independent and I still see that the niger delta situation is wrong.
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by MadMax1(f): 11:30am On Feb 11, 2009
You don't wake up every day thinking,Hey I'm Ibo! But you go out and it's in your face everywhere you go. Maybe if every baby is an indigene of the state where he is born, instead of inheriting his parents' state, the resulting Babel will issue some breathing space. So your parents might hail from Abia, you from Benue,some of your kids from Lagos,others from Kaduna and Rivers State.
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by udezue(m): 11:30am On Feb 11, 2009
Willywilly na da realest Efik/Ibibio n NL.  grin

I salute my brother.
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by deb(m): 5:01pm On Feb 11, 2009
@ Chei
Its not possible. You cant put a country that doesn't work first ahead of your tribe. Build your tribe first before you build your country.

gutter mind. is your tribe working? let me guess the answer is NO.
Your tribe will not work until your country works.

People like you will not allow an Obama to become president of your country all in the name of stupid tribe.
Its high time we grew up in this our Nigeria. Let the best man do the job even if he is a naturalized citizen else
those tribes of yours will continue to roting forever!
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by ifele(m): 10:48pm On Feb 11, 2009
You see ethnic identity is more important than Nigerian identity because Nigerian identity is all about politics and papers. Ethnic identity is about what kind of human being you are. There are different kinds of human beings on earth. You have Japanese, Hindu, Zulu etc. So yu see we have found ourselves in a conundrum in Nigeria. Do you want to stay united or set up your own state. Nothing wrong with having your own state. But why do people face so much violence when they want to check out of Nigeria. Example: BIAFRA. Thats why I am saying tru freedom has been peverted. Nigerian like many other countries in the world was created by the super powers. They are all controlled countries. The aim is to subvert the human identity of the ethnic groups. These countries will do better if they were allowed some SELF-CONTROL but that is not the case. Euro-American imperialism is still alive even stronger than before. So let us march towards freedom.

Panther Power
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by ifele(m): 10:58pm On Feb 11, 2009
In fact the Whites are using Nigeria to call us Niggers

Here is the formula

Nigeria= Niger + aria
= Nigger + here
= The NIGGERS ARE OVER HERE

Resist my bros

Panther Power
Re: Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second by ayobase(m): 5:30pm On Feb 19, 2009
Ur tribe first
then ur local government
then ur state
then ur country
then ur continent
then ur world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

And So It Begins…isis Flag Among Refugees In Germany Fighting The Police [pictur / Fatal Accident Today. @ Ugwu Onyeama Enugu...(photos) / Some Bayelsa State Governorship Election Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.