Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview (46643 Views)

Watch: Al-jazeera Interview With President Buhari / Adeyanju Deji Apologizes To Oby Ezekwesili Over Attack On #BringBackOurGirls / Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by groovie(m): 11:02pm On May 02, 2015
And she was busy measuring balls with Ngozi. Ngozi can never be caught napping like this

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 02, 2015
Taylor86:
oby vs oby

wonder how someone will look obasanjo's ugly face and still love him

obasanjo face wey b like amadioha

Wow I had a great laugh. You are too much

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by nortcentrallord(m): 11:03pm On May 02, 2015
Kenai:
Madam Due Process was really blown open in that interview. Let's not even sugarcoat it.
Watch the interview and see for yourself:

[flash=640,480]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAY04VWpWfE[/flash]

Clearly, Dr. Oby's understanding of a politician is a "member of a political party", but Mehdi was quick to point out to her that holding 2 ministerial positions, acting as adviser to the president and serving as World Bank Vice President already made her a politician.
Her shameless defence of Obasanjo's administration also exposed her as a hypocrite.

7:43

Mehdi: Sure you would agree that the root causes of Boko Haram aren't just the radical Islamist ideology but also political grievances and marginalisation. And don't you think members of the political elite like yourself should also take responsibility for neglecting them?

Oby: I have been very vocal about the failure of the political elite class which I am a part of. I mean, I'm not going to pretend like a belong to a lonely class...

Mehdi: Well, with respect to other instances where you have said you were not a politician, I'm glad you're finally accepting that today.

Oby: But no, I am not a politician.

Mehdi: Really? Then what are you?

Oby, I do not belong to a political party...

Mehdi: But you were a government minister?

Oby: Well, that's where you're wrong...

Mehdi: So you weren't a government minister?

Oby: Well, we do not practice the West's minister type of government. We practice presidential system...

Mehdi: Ministers are not politicians?

Oby: I became a politician without having to carry Party cards and dance in the village.

Mehdi.. Your definition of a politician is a person who does not belong to a party? If you were the Minister of education, If you were the minister of solid minerals, if you were the vice president of world bank, If you were an adviser to African presidents, you're not a politician?

Oby: well...

Mehdi: That's a very narrow definition.

Oby: Well... ehm... well... it depends on how brrrrrrroadly...

When one individual has too many 'err', 'em', 'but', 'well' you go know say e don happen. Hahahahaha

5 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 02, 2015
GMB my HERO
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by nortcentrallord(m): 11:07pm On May 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

It would be quite naive of anyone to think he isn't compromised in any way.

Mmmm shocked. Then this change fit don tear oh. E be like say the change na old naira note. Its not a polymer note so small thing fit just tear am. grin cheesy grin
Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
grin grin grin grin

Barca would be regretting the day he pitched tent with those demons.
Ín fact,dia case na wÍre angry angry angry
Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by nortcentrallord(m): 11:20pm On May 02, 2015
nduchucks:
If this woman runs around and calls herself, Mary mother of Jesus, like GEJ was called god or jesus by his obsessed followers, you people would be the first to crucify her.

This woman, like a normal human being, who would recuse herself if she were a judge in a law court where OBJ was being prosecuted, did the natural thing by not throwing a friend under the bus, and you hypocrites are yapping. nansense!! embarassed

This woman has enough integrity to cover the inadequacies of GEJ and his entire cabinet of crooks.

If this her much professed Integrity by you could cover GEJ and his entire cabinet of crooks but couldn't cover just oga Oby alone from just Merhdi then Pa Oby is a worse and more disastrous crook.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Forwetinnah: 11:29pm On May 02, 2015
Taylor86:
oby vs oby

I hear say Oby na OBJ illegitimate daughter from an igbo woman o...the resemblance is striking grin
Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Nobody: 11:31pm On May 02, 2015
I don't like Nigerian environment in that video.Why can't we use the oil money for good development? This is a very sad situation! Sh*t!!! cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Trailblazer1(m): 11:35pm On May 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

*caveat*
Okay, I just finished typing now and it turns out I wrote you an epistlegrin
I guess, I just felt the strong wave to journal my political journey so far, albeit a short one. #MyApologiessmileysmileysmiley
----------------------------
----------------------------
Exaccerly!
Well, the explanation you gave, when applied to our clime is rather idealistic than realistic.

I developed interest in politics few months after I joined this forum.
Though, I was scared stiff at the way insults flew around in the section, I'd always come in to watch guys throw banters and insults...It was fun though (not the hate filled kind going on these days). I used to laff my hats off then. I didn't dare comment then because I felt like a novice...

And then lately, I find that I'm more interested in sociopolitical issues. It came as a surprise to me when I started dropping comments in this section and then getting one or two likes.

Y'know that feeling you get when you feel like you just wrote gibberish and then someone commends you.
I felt encouraged.

Well, so far, so good...I've had my share of criticisms and curses. I've had folks who tried to discourage me.
And a few who encouraged me to keep on.
I thought of quitting sef...well, here I am still. Lols.

I just encourage myself with the saying that "the young shall grow"

If there are a few good (female) and straight forwad activists cum politicians left in this country.....I wanna add to that list. If none exists, I blaze the trail.

Tall dreams though, very tall.
you just caught my attention with this post.
I'm proud of you
Keep blazing the trail wink

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Forwetinnah: 11:38pm On May 02, 2015
Kenai:
Madam Due Process was really blown open in that interview. Let's not even sugarcoat it.
Watch the interview and see for yourself:

[flash=640,480]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAY04VWpWfE[/flash]

Clearly, Dr. Oby's understanding of a politician is a "member of a political party", but Mehdi was quick to point out to her that holding 2 ministerial positions, acting as adviser to the president and serving as World Bank Vice President already made her a politician.
Her shameless defence of Obasanjo's administration also exposed her as a hypocrite.

7:43

Mehdi: Sure you would agree that the root causes of Boko Haram aren't just the radical Islamist ideology but also political grievances and marginalisation. And don't you think members of the political elite like yourself should also take responsibility for neglecting them?

Oby: I have been very vocal about the failure of the political elite class which I am a part of. I mean, I'm not going to pretend like a belong to a lonely class...

Mehdi: Well, with respect to other instances where you have said you were not a politician, I'm glad you're finally accepting that today.

Oby: But no, I am not a politician.

Mehdi: Really? Then what are you?

Oby, I do not belong to a political party...

Mehdi: But you were a government minister?

Oby: Well, that's where you're wrong...

Mehdi: So you weren't a government minister?

Oby: Well, we do not practice the West's minister type of government. We practice presidential system...

Mehdi: Ministers are not politicians?

Oby: I became a politician without having to carry Party cards and dance in the village.

Mehdi.. Your definition of a politician is a person who does not belong to a party? If you were the Minister of education, If you were the minister of solid minerals, if you were the vice president of world bank, If you were an adviser to African presidents, you're not a politician?

Oby: well...

Mehdi: That's a very narrow definition.

Oby: Well... ehm... well... it depends on how brrrrrrroadly...

...These are the people calling GEJ clueless. She's so full of clues that she can't even put words together. One minute she's a political elite, the next she's not..after that she's not a card carrying politician but a minister. Won't even bother wasting time to watch her poo

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by InvertedHammer: 11:38pm On May 02, 2015
/
Personally, I think GEJ is bad but OBJ is the worst president Nigeria ever had. Corruption and murder were taken to a new.level during his.regime. The only reason I put GEJ above him is.that GEJ fixed some roads and upgraded some airports. Otherwise, it would have been a tough call.
/

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
It is hard to be neck deep in politics and not be compromised.

You're sure more intelligent than an average girl wink
MizMyColi:
It is hard to be neck deep in politics and not be compromised.

You're sure more intelligent than an average girl

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by M4gunners: 11:47pm On May 02, 2015
I like this part "Stop putting your PHD to shame.
Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Forwetinnah: 11:51pm On May 02, 2015
dapsonlou:

Mehdi is an azzhole. That's not an interview, its an attack.

You just wake up nii? Isha Sesay/Amanpour did the same to GEJ, let the man do his job joor

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Ilekeh(f): 11:51pm On May 02, 2015
Taylor86:
oby vs oby

It's not by a man's face, but by his pocket.
Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by porka: 11:52pm On May 02, 2015
A politician, political leader, or political figure (from Classical Greek πόλις, "polis"wink is a person who is involved in influencing public policy and decision making.

This includes people who hold decision-making positions in government, and people who seek those positions, whether by means of election, inheritance, coup d'état, appointment, conquest, or other means.

They create and or propose laws that further the general interest of the public. Politics is not limited to governance through public office. Political offices may also be held in corporations.

In civil uprisings, politicians may be called freedom fighters. In media campaigns, politicians are often referred to as activists. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politician

They have been deceiving themselves for ages, calling themselves TECHNOCRATS just create a phantom superior edge over some people. Yet these people don't know their left from their right.

Pray, how did Obiageli Ezekwesili become a minister without being a politician?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by ZionJay(m): 12:00am On May 03, 2015
Taylor86:
oby vs oby

Oga, se the woman sef fine? Ever heard of like beget like? grin

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Forwetinnah: 12:01am On May 03, 2015
porka:
A politician, political leader, or political figure (from Classical Greek πόλις, "polis"wink is a person who is involved in influencing public policy and decision making.

This includes people who hold decision-making positions in government, and people who seek those positions, whether by means of election, inheritance, coup d'état, appointment, conquest, or other means.

They create and or propose laws that further the general interest of the public. Politics is not limited to governance through public office. Political offices may also be held in corporations.

In civil uprisings, politicians may be called freedom fighters. In media campaigns, politicians are often referred to as activists. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politician

They have been deceiving themselves for ages, calling themselves TECHNOCRATS just create a phantom superior edge over some people. Yet these people don't know their left from their right.

Pray, how did Obiageli Ezekwesili become a minister without being a politician?

That's one question even she(oby) can't answer.
Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Tokotaya: 12:02am On May 03, 2015
You are all not being fair to this lady. On the question of the definition of politician, she should know her profession better than her interviewer. Oxford dictionary defines politician as someone whose profession is politics. She is entitled to insist her profession isn't politics. Serving in govt doesn't make you a professional politician. Dora Akunyili wasn't a professional politician until she formally picked up a card and made politics her profession.
2. It's unfair to expect her to go to an international medium to call someone corrupt without a scintilla of evidence to back the claim up. I wouldn't even expect her to call Jona corrupt. No court has convicted him. We can call Abacha corrupt because we have hard evidence; the money he stole is still being returned till today. So Oby was right to call Abacha corrupt. It's most unfair of, and patronizing of Meidi to try to force her to say what he wanted without providing evidence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Nobody: 12:14am On May 03, 2015
ozoigbondu:
She was defending her boyfriend.Nobody rats out the love of their life on live T.V.Bloody hypocrite angry

You can feel the love vibes from them grin

She is his daughter, not girlfriend.

Top secret.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by porka: 12:18am On May 03, 2015
Tokotaya:
You are all not being fair to this lady. On the question of the definition of politician, she should know her profession better than her interviewer. Oxford dictionary defines politician as someone whose profession is politics. She is entitled to insist her profession isn't politics. Serving in govt doesn't make you a professional politician. Dora Akunyili wasn't a professional politician until she formally picked up a card and made politics her profession.
2. It's unfair to expect her to go to an international medium to call someone corrupt without a scintilla of evidence to back the claim up. I wouldn't even expect her to call Jona corrupt. No court has convicted him. We can call Abacha corrupt because we have hard evidence; the money he stole is still being returned till today. So Oby was right to call Abacha corrupt. It's most unfair of, and patronizing of Meidi to try to force her to say what he wanted without providing evidence.

Politics (from Greek: πολιτικός politikos, definition "of, for, or relating to citizens"wink is the practice and theory of influencing other people. More narrowly, it refers to achieving and exercising positions of governance — organized control over a human community, particularly a state. Furthermore, politics is the study or practice of the distribution of power and resources within a given community (a usually hierarchically organized population) as well as the interrelationship(s) between communities.

A variety of methods are employed in politics, which include promoting and or forcing one's own political views among people, negotiation with other political subjects, making laws, and exercising force, including warfare against adversaries. Politics is exercised on a wide range of social levels, from clans and tribes of traditional societies, through modern local governments, companies and institutions up to sovereign states, to the international level.

It is very often said that politics is about power.[1] A political system is a framework which defines acceptable political methods within a given society. History of political thought can be traced back to early antiquity, with seminal works such as Plato's Republic, Aristotle's Politics and the works of Confucius.

Formal Politics refers to the operation of a constitutional system of government and publicly defined institutions and procedures.[1] Political parties,public policy or discussions about war and foreign affairs would fall under the category of Formal Politics.[1] Many people view formal politics as something outside of themselves, but that can still affect their daily lives.[1]

Informal Politics is understood as forming alliances, exercising power and protecting and advancing particular ideas or goals. Generally, anything affecting ones daily life.The way an office or household are managed, or how one person or a group exercise influence over another.[1] Informal Politics is typically understood as everyday politics, hence the idea that "politics is everywhere".[1] http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics

What is her profession?

What has she been doing with her #bringbackourgirls?

4 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Reptyle(m): 12:28am On May 03, 2015
I don't really see what the fuss is about Madam Oby's performance on this interview. All I see is a woman calmly and intelligently responding to hard questions thrown at her. I don't know many people that would have done so well if blindsided by such a question. I am sure she would have responded in the same way if asked if she thinks President Jonathan is corrupt.
Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by M4gunners: 12:36am On May 03, 2015
And those hypocrites saying OBJ didn't steal money or he is not corrupt have you heard it?

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by xtervaganza(m): 12:39am On May 03, 2015
temitemi1:
Dem be all thieves, baraoooo, oleeeee... GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!
Jonathan your hero? fayoshit your role model? Your bar must have been set very very low
Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by porka: 12:39am On May 03, 2015
Forwetinnah:

...These are the people calling GEJ clueless. She's so full of clues that she can't even put words together. One minute she's a political elite, the next she's not..after that she's not a card carrying politician but a minister. Won't even bother wasting time to watch her poo

That's what they do because they are not being thoroughly grilled by the 'ever friendly' Nigeria media

They are experts at monologues and bully pulpit tactics; never can sustain any intellectual engagement without diatribe.

This is the same woman who doesn't know the difference between Excess Crude Account and External Reserve - despite being an accountant.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by porka: 12:43am On May 03, 2015
M4gunners:
And those hypocrites saying OBJ didn't steal money or he is not corrupt have you heard it?

She's going to be representing Obasanjo's interest in Imam Buhari's government perhaps.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Nobody: 2:06am On May 03, 2015
abduljabbar4:
She was asked if Objs tenure was more corrupt than Abachas tenure and of course we all know who is more corrupt. Abachas tenure can only be compared with Gejs tenure
Dont worry.. by d time Islam will b kicked out of Nigeria, ur head go correct... Abacha tenure no even reach ibbthief and obj....
Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Nobody: 2:11am On May 03, 2015
wisesoul:
If BUHARI is sincere by opening up all probes that have been carried out since 1999, I tell you solemnly, most people who where singing at the top of their voice on Key D upper octave that Jonathan administration was corrupt won't also escape the rot of the incoming Government. E.g OBY, Soludo, Even Sanusi Lamido Sanusi. 70% of people who have participated in nigeria politics from 1999 are all corrupt.
Bro dea is no politician who is not corrupt.. even buhari himself... no one can get an ideal society.. I feel its best buhari doesnt chase after dem rather he cuts of dose loopholes..
Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Nobody: 2:18am On May 03, 2015
FLYFIRE:

And herself & husband are pastors in rccg oo
Wat?? rccg pastors? dats a lie.. wen pple are still trying to understand osinbanjo calling..ds ones again... wow... judgement day go bloody...
Re: Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview by Nobody: 2:41am On May 03, 2015
Ur writings seem very intelligent. I hope dis country have females like u in larger numbers.
MizMyColi:

A person who isn't enmeshed in politics does not see the need to become an apologist.
Either by association or commission, she is a politician.
While it is a rather derogatory term, I think Oby does more of politicking.

I can understand her reason for distancing herself from the word.

Despite my interest in politics, I wouldn't want to be referred to as a politician.

But then, it is what it is.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Posters Ordering Herdsmen To Vacate Surface In Eleme, Rivers And South East / Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation / Sahara Reporters Labels Buhari As "Nigeria's Junketer-In-Chief" (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.