Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,555 members, 7,819,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? (85867 Views)

Please How Can Someone Handle A Wife That Loves Sex So Much? / How Do You Handle A Stubborn Kid? / Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by onoja12: 3:09pm On May 05, 2015
Nothing made her change there is a saying YOU CANT CLAIM TO KNOW A WOMAN UNTIL YOU MARRY AM.women pretend a lot just to get married,i don't know why

bukatyne:

What made her change after the wedding? Any incidence the husband can pinpoint to? Can you give specific instances of her 'stubbornness?'

Thinking divorce because of stubbornness, strange.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by freecocoa(f): 3:09pm On May 05, 2015
nairalife2013:
The kind of woman I married are few. She hung at d door and cried and told me she was so sorry abt what she did. I was crying inside as she spoke amidst sobs. My heart bled. But I had to do it. I was abt to hand my life to some1. I needed the best. I did dat to two other ladies who coursed me and left my life for good. But this one wept and told me she so much loved me her life could crash or end by heartache if she left, and she confirmed she couldn't live a day without me. I would hav deciphered if she was feigning remorse. It wouldn't take me long. I am who I am.
I opened the door and brought her in. Till today she is not aware I faked that angst. I loved her more. I was loaded widout her knowledge. I got her her first car, a saloon as I proposed to her. She was just entering sch. We got married. She took in. At delivery of our first child, I got her a suv. We were young and full of life. I was living my life just to give her joy and all necessities of life. I loved her beyond words. When she took in for our second child, the conception was at a time a terrible moodswing hit my wife. I thot she had changed. She would pick up argument s with me and make faces a whole week just for no just cause. She quarreled wid my younger sisters at any slight provocation and sat all day in an unkempt home watching her regular, favourite fbi action movies. I was mesmerized. Little thins piss me up. But I endured this one. I was afraid somthing was wrong. After delivery of our second child, abt a year later, Like some1 that woke up from a nightmare, My wife came to me and complained she involuntarily wakes every morning with bouts of indescribable anger flourishing in her heart. Since that day I knew it was my turn by providence to show love and tolerance and understanding. I did. My wife went thro those tormentous days without knowing the reason why she was so angrily depressed. One day, She went consciously to my sisters and apologized. Spent more time with them and amended all errors. It's some years now and all those trying times are over, leaving behind funny reminisces only a good heart could understand. When a lady is good, she is good. Your own goodness tho might be regarded as weakness or greed by an incompatible third party. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I do not regret my actions. Those ladies whose level of tolerance where below my recomended average had departed in good fate. I wished them luck and enduring love. My wife is now working and her welfare package, large as it is, is in my control on her insistence, with total abandon! She is selfless to a fault and prefares a one-lady lifestyle, upon the trappings of life chance and time have bestowed on her at her young age.
... My wife told me once: I see u not only as my husband but also as my father; reprimanding me in any way, as a father would her daughter, is lovingly accepted by me cause I trust yur sense of judgment and our kids would obey u for good if I myself obey u and succumb with respect; I love u to that point."
... There are many eager males and plenty of willing females in the world. If u stumble on yur right choice, love can let u into limitless tolerance. Many ladies are possesd by the destructive spirit of subconscious pride and seemingly suppressed self ego. The last creatures to know they need help allround. The few that are free hardly preach to their kind, The Message. Instead they vent the opposit of the message.
Dont do like me. I personally do not tally well long enoff with ladies who do not have the habit of accepting defeat wether they are right or wrong. Those type are good for one nite stand levels not for running a home. Pls find a way to be patient. If she is inherently a-self-worth-type of lady, u need to work harder on tolerance and never let yur praying knees get lazy. Goodluck.
You are a psycho and should get help fast, I wonder the kind of children your wife and yourself will raise.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by etochi11(m): 3:10pm On May 05, 2015
XRAY21:
Plane A
Show love and care
Plane B
Heavy beating (this always works)
did ur dad beat ur mom like dt Idiot,, when will we guys learn dt beating ur wife/gf reduces d love she has for u?? Onye ara!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by goodgood2(m): 3:10pm On May 05, 2015
My brother, I don't know oo. But I know somebody who may have a good idea. His name is Frank Edoho.
netsurf:
How best to handle a stubborn wife...when I say stubborn, I mean very stubborn...she doesn't listen nor take any advice or order from her husband...doesn't respect the man's opinion about anything...

On the few occasions, when she accepts she was wrong, she also want to be the judge in her own case. If the husband airs his opinion about any subject, she would insist she consult google for her to believe. It's no exaggeration...this is how exactly she behaves.

Please note that she was the epitome of an humble woman before the wedding but as soon as the wedding bell rang, she became another thing entirely.

Please anyone with good idea on how to handle such women before divorce option?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by nenergy(m): 3:12pm On May 05, 2015
nairalife2013:
The kind of woman I married are few. She hung at d door and cried and told me she was so sorry abt what she did. I was crying inside as she spoke amidst sobs. My heart bled. But I had to do it. I was abt to hand my life to some1. I needed the best. I did dat to two other ladies who coursed me and left my life for good. But this one wept and told me she so much loved me her life could crash or end by heartache if she left, and she confirmed she couldn't live a day without me. I would hav deciphered if she was feigning remorse. It wouldn't take me long. I am who I am.
I opened the door and brought her in. Till today she is not aware I faked that angst. I loved her more. I was loaded widout her knowledge. I got her her first car, a saloon as I proposed to her. She was just entering sch. We got married. She took in. At delivery of our first child, I got her a suv. We were young and full of life. I was living my life just to give her joy and all necessities of life. I loved her beyond words. When she took in for our second child, the conception was at a time a terrible moodswing hit my wife. I thot she had changed. She would pick up argument s with me and make faces a whole week just for no just cause. She quarreled wid my younger sisters at any slight provocation and sat all day in an unkempt home watching her regular, favourite fbi action movies. I was mesmerized. Little thins piss me up. But I endured this one. I was afraid somthing was wrong. After delivery of our second child, abt a year later, Like some1 that woke up from a nightmare, My wife came to me and complained she involuntarily wakes every morning with bouts of indescribable anger flourishing in her heart. Since that day I knew it was my turn by providence to show love and tolerance and understanding. I did. My wife went thro those tormentous days without knowing the reason why she was so angrily depressed. One day, She went consciously to my sisters and apologized. Spent more time with them and amended all errors. It's some years now and all those trying times are over, leaving behind funny reminisces only a good heart could understand. When a lady is good, she is good. Your own goodness tho might be regarded as weakness or greed by an incompatible third party. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I do not regret my actions. Those ladies whose level of tolerance where below my recomended average had departed in good fate. I wished them luck and enduring love. My wife is now working and her welfare package, large as it is, is in my control on her insistence, with total abandon! She is selfless to a fault and prefares a one-lady lifestyle, upon the trappings of life chance and time have bestowed on her at her young age.
... My wife told me once: I see u not only as my husband but also as my father; reprimanding me in any way, as a father would her daughter, is lovingly accepted by me cause I trust yur sense of judgment and our kids would obey u for good if I myself obey u and succumb with respect; I love u to that point."
... There are many eager males and plenty of willing females in the world. If u stumble on yur right choice, love can let u into limitless tolerance. Many ladies are possesd by the destructive spirit of subconscious pride and seemingly suppressed self ego. The last creatures to know they need help allround. The few that are free hardly preach to their kind, The Message. Instead they vent the opposit of the message.
Dont do like me. I personally do not tally well long enoff with ladies who do not have the habit of accepting defeat wether they are right or wrong. Those type are good for one nite stand levels not for running a home. Pls find a way to be patient. If she is inherently a-self-worth-type of lady, u need to work harder on tolerance and never let yur praying knees get lazy. Goodluck.
Inspiring! My morale is high smiley

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by RealAlfranco: 3:12pm On May 05, 2015
nairalife2013:
Damn man, why did u do dis to me. While reading this, I felt my eyes fill with tears. The tears didn't drop,but mehn u got me numbed to 0. I don't know who u are or where u are from, but u jst inspired me. Thank you, Good sir. God bless you

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 05, 2015
My ex is so stubborn and disrespectful that I had to call off the relationship cause I will never hit a woman, so it best I avoid it. it's not about a woman not cheating on her man or caring for him, respect is a vital role in any relationship whether courtship or marriage. I made sure I outline these to my preset love and 2yrs Plus now we are still rocking the relationship with so much love and respect as if we just met.

Op in my opinion, call her to sit and talk to her that two of you made a mistake marrying and it's best you two save the very little respect left by divorcing so that no one will get hurt and you guys can even turn good friends after the divorce.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by MARKone(m): 3:13pm On May 05, 2015
steveandjohn224:
My op. Is for u to put tins in prayer, cos is so bad to divorce her, just tak it easy she ll change.
Try ur best to mak sure she attends church regularly
Pls tak it easy.

Divorce can serve as a panacea for two people who mistakenly found themselves together, all in the name of marriage. And that mistake is hovering over many couples. Endurance has a limit my brother.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by olumidazz: 3:13pm On May 05, 2015
You will be shocked her mother is the chief architect trying to dedtroy your home even though your post hits me like you are a terrorist.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 05, 2015
nairalife2013:

There is No such thing as happily Ever after, this story is just a figment of ur imagination or rather. Some Nollywood/telemundo crap

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 05, 2015
veegirl:
@poster how do u know so much about them? U sure its not u? undecided
if u re underage u dont neccessary need to reply, just read comment and learn. What is d big deal if he were d one? Adolescents on Nairaland, seun pls create a section for them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 05, 2015
Tosinayoko:
if u re underage u dont neccessary need to reply, just read comment and learn. What is d big deal if he were d one? Adolescents on Nairaland, seun pls create a section for them

So i cant ask a question again? All dese adolescent brains forming grown ups. Seun please create a section for them too grin

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Charly68: 3:23pm On May 05, 2015
This type of a woman is head mistress wife..silence is the best way to tame her..since she is wiser keep quiet and keep watching..til she undo herself one day then you can talk sense into her

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Darteyyyy(m): 3:26pm On May 05, 2015
ask mutter, she gives good advice on family issues.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Paentera(m): 3:26pm On May 05, 2015
Love heals & conquers ALL.

If you can love without batting an eyelid, she will come back to her sense. This means you must be willing to let go of your selfish self and endeavour to do everything for her and your young family without expecting anything in return.

If you are unable to LOVE without expecting anything in return e.g. obedience, trust, honesty e.t.c, then you are not ready to be in a marriage. LOVE also covers all shortcomings. Let go of your SELF and EGO - it will do you NO good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Fratello(m): 3:31pm On May 05, 2015
Well, we all know ladies/men have 89.9% possibility of changing after marriage; Ladies especially, this ain't sth new to those who have the same insight bout "Marriage Good/Bad" and those init. Aside that, ladies(wives) don't just act up at home, the husband probably did sth or sth changed; and every change goes with reaction. The husband should check himself or ask her calmly not faulting her.

However, OP, i think the Husband can only help the wife with prayers and learn to live & understand the real person she's exhibiting cos it is now 'For better, for worse; in stubborn or in humble, till death do us part' No Going Back!

NB. Never try to change a woman/man, she/he will only get worse and possibly change you along.
"Divorce is a sin."

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by felifeli: 3:31pm On May 05, 2015
netsurf:
How best to handle a stubborn wife...when I say stubborn, I mean very stubborn...she doesn't listen nor take any advice or order from her husband...doesn't respect the man's opinion about anything...

On the few occasions, when she accepts she was wrong, she also want to be the judge in her own case. If the husband airs his opinion about any subject, she would insist she consult google for her to believe. It's no exaggeration...this is how exactly she behaves.

Please note that she was the epitome of an humble woman before the wedding but as soon as the wedding bell rang, she became another thing entirely.

[size=18pt]With KOBOKO angry angry angry[/size]
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Warfibabe(f): 3:33pm On May 05, 2015
veegirl:
@poster how do u know so much about them? U sure its not u? undecided
we all know he is the husband in question... but let's just assume he is not.
*continues to view comments*
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by buske(m): 3:40pm On May 05, 2015
My view... There's no smoke without fire... She most have exhibited signs of stubbornness before the marriage.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 05, 2015
nairalife2013:
My wife turned bad two years after marriage. She was a perfect companion when we were dating.in the early times, I put her through rigorous tests like starving her of money, complaining a lot, keeping another girl and generally misbehaving once in a while. She was still religiously accomodating, forgiving, loving and highly respectful. I wasnt satisfied. I craved to see the worst in her, so I had to one day feign anger over a little kitchen error she committed. I had to gritt my teeth and do something venom-inspiring. Am a goodman no amount of punishment over and error am guilty of can turn me against my wife or any1 else, no matter the weight. If she is a wrong lady, she will display it today in her full glory. I wanted a wife I can trust. I dindt want to repeat the errors my parents made. That day I battered and pushed her out of my house into the rain and locked my door. The nite was just begining to inherit the earth. Time was 6.30pm
...what am I supposed to make out of this undecided undecided sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by yuzedo: 3:41pm On May 05, 2015
Paentera:
Love heals & conquers ALL.

If you can love without batting an eyelid, she will come back to her sense. This means you must be willing to let go of your selfish self and endeavour to do everything for her and your young family without expecting anything in return.

If you are unable to LOVE without expecting anything in return e.g. obedience, trust, honesty e.t.c, then you are not ready to be in a marriage. LOVE also covers all shortcomings. Let go of your SELF and EGO - it will do you NO good.
Extremely poignant comment. Thank you for the deep, Christ-based wisdom you just shared.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 05, 2015
Be stubbon too
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Vic2u(m): 3:43pm On May 05, 2015
Everybody have a cross to to carry just take it as yours.
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by ibraheemoki(m): 3:44pm On May 05, 2015
netsurf:

If u still live her, try and google few issues on topic of discussion first b4 advising her so that by d time you tell her if she still insist on googling it she will find it to be true. After doing this for a while next thing u tell he she might not need to google for them before she belief u. Secondly in vase of the childs feeding, arrange for a doctor/nurse friend you van narrate the story to who van assist in discourage her by telling her the dangers involed in this fabricated or synthetic foods.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by africanusvu(m): 3:44pm On May 05, 2015
Kill her and marry another,simple
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by XRAY21(m): 3:45pm On May 05, 2015
etochi11:
did ur dad beat ur mom like dt Idiot,, when will we guys learn dt beating ur wife/gf reduces d love she has for u?? Onye ara!!
awu . my mum is not stubborn

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 05, 2015
You might have to put your foot down on some issues and not care whether she starts keeping malice or not...

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by cococandy(f): 3:49pm On May 05, 2015
bestestgirl:

My sentiments EXACTLY!!!
i actually typed a big post for him but later deleted it. How do you communicate with someone warped like that?

Like he said his type of wife are few. I'm glad they are. At least less of such women encouraging nonsense behavior among men.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Rockstar2014(m): 3:49pm On May 05, 2015
Sincerely, this type of stories scare the hell out of me because my fiancee I intend to settle down with is so stubborn and temperamental and this attitude of hers has been so difficult for me to handle, even though she is caring and loving and I do love her so so much, but I fear she may turn worse when we finally get married.
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Taleeysun(f): 3:50pm On May 05, 2015
Be patient and pray
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by boxypane(m): 3:50pm On May 05, 2015
Go read Shakespears "Taming The Shrew"
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by cococandy(f): 3:51pm On May 05, 2015
I put her through rigorous tests like starving her of money, complaining a lot, keeping another girl and generally misbehaving once in a while. She was still religiously accomodating, forgiving, loving and highly respectful. I wasnt satisfied. I craved to see the worst in her, so I had to one day feign anger over a little kitchen error she committed. I had to gritt my teeth and do something venom-inspiring.

bennyrazz:
nairalife2013, that's the way to go bro. I think loads of Guys shud take one or two cues from you.

Yay way to go. Nice example for other guys and bennyrazz to follow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

I Feel So Suicidal Because Of My Marriage. / My Wife Sent Her Nude Photos To Zenith Bank Manager In Delta - Man Cries Out / Wife Files For Divorce Over Husband's Big Manhood In Zamfara (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.