Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? (85701 Views)

Please How Can Someone Handle A Wife That Loves Sex So Much? / How Do You Handle A Stubborn Kid? / Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Becalm(m): 4:27pm On May 05, 2015
BECOME EXACTLY WHAT SHE HAS BECOME AND MUCH MORE. She will want to know why you have changed.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Donpizzle(m): 4:28pm On May 05, 2015
.[/quote]If the husband airs his opinion about any subject, she would insist she consult google for her to believe.[/quote]

this got me laughin cheesycheesycheesy... Buy a holy cane.if she wan google ur opinion again use d cane tke flog d evil spirit of doubt out of her.
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Koolking(m): 4:29pm On May 05, 2015
daben1:
hahahahahahaha... Make i hear say ''for better for worse''

I tell ya. This singular recitation gives married couples audacity to misbehave.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Revolva(m): 4:37pm On May 05, 2015
Well the best way to deal with her is kick her back to her papa house...her eyes go clear when her papa kick her back to the husband...she go know say man wey put her for house dey try

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by jpphilips(m): 4:42pm On May 05, 2015
netsurf:

Okay, for instance, when the baby came, she breast feeded him exclusively for six months and then the stage to introduce some food came..the baby wouldn't accept those frisogold, cerelac etc but accepts Ogi well but she continually force him to take those friso/cerel and each time, the baby cries endlesslly and later vomits everything. Then at about 10 months old, the baby would accept amala, and indomie on his own without been forced...then she brought in golden morn which the baby spits out the moment it touches his mouth...despite this, she started forcing him again...so the husband said don't give it to him any more...give what he is okay with. Rather than explain why she want to continue forcing him, she went and bought a bigger bag of the golden morn...then the husband threw it away...this happenned last Thursday and since then she has stopped greeting her husband and even prepare food when she like since then.

Is that really an area where a husband should interfere? You are the head of the home but by default, training or experience there are areas where the women know best you just have to leave it for them.
Surprised you know the name of whatever the baby is taking, you must really be less busy, no offence!!, sorry nothing to advise in this example because i don't interfere in this area, I may ask her to look for an alternative if I feel whatever she is giving is expensive or difficult to source.
There is separation of powers in the home.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by jpphilips(m): 4:43pm On May 05, 2015
MRBrownJ:

what else is there to do but to explain to her that you desperately need to find the lady you were dating and proposed to, and not this stubborn being that she turned into, before you take drastic measures. if she decides to change, you have to monitor her to make sure that any time she slips, you bring her back to reality. since she possibly wont believe your threats, i suggest you go ahead with divorce planning to make sure she understands you means business.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Bollinger(m): 4:48pm On May 05, 2015
netsurf:
How best to handle a stubborn wife...when I say stubborn, I mean very stubborn...she doesn't listen nor take any advice or order from her husband...doesn't respect the man's opinion about anything...

On the few occasions, when she accepts she was wrong, she also want to be the judge in her own case. If the husband airs his opinion about any subject, she would insist she consult google for her to believe. It's no exaggeration...this is how exactly she behaves.

Please note that she was the epitome of an humble woman before the wedding but as soon as the wedding bell rang, she became another thing entirely.

Please anyone with good idea on how to handle such women before divorce option?

In the Army, you have a commander and a 1st SGT. They are partners, joined at the hip to ensure the successful running of a company. The Captain handles all the planning and the major administrative stuff, while the 1st SGT implements whatever plans the captain comes up with to ensure the success of the overall mission. As much as they are partners, there is no doubt who is in charge. The commander. You cannot have two captains and two leaders running a company at the same time. The lower enlisted and officers don't see this, but, if at anytime the 1st SGT gets out of line, he is counseled and corrective training is and must be implemented so as to 1) correct whatever wrong was committed by the 1st SGT, and 2), to let the 1st SGT know exactly who is in charge.

Your problem is you are not taking charge of your house and are not letting her know who is in charge. I am not saying go crazy, but there are subtle ways to enforce standards and discipline without being a draconian. All that nonsense about google is insane. she has no confidence in your leadership abilities, which must have been caused by you. Put your house in order and she will follow and walk by your side to wherever you want to go. Women can smell a weakling a mile away and it is up to you to show and prove you know what you are talking about and what you are doing. Again, this is not saying that you start acting all crazy, but you need to do something and do it fast, least you lose your marriage. Lastly, stop blaming her; the fault is yours.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by boykas(m): 4:51pm On May 05, 2015
bukatyne:

But the same Bible never prescribed divorce for stubbornness.

that verse doesn't preach divorce but to stay away from the woman
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by paulo220(m): 4:56pm On May 05, 2015
africanusvu:
Kill her and marry another,simple
kill kwa? haba, u re too raw to say such thing instead take her back to her parents,let her stay dr 4 6months or 1yr or move out of d house for some wEeks. if she will come back to her senses. Never beat a woman no matter her stubbornness and character she exhibited,nd don't bring another woman inside d house rather do ur runs outside. taking her back to her people will be d best option,

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by chronique(m): 4:59pm On May 05, 2015
This is type one stage of witchcraft but she doesn't know. why force a child to eat food the child doesn't like? When it's not that the child is not eating at all? That's foolishness as far as I am concerned.
netsurf:

Okay, for instance, when the baby came, she breast feeded him exclusively for six months and then the stage to introduce some food came..the baby wouldn't accept those frisogold, cerelac etc but accepts Ogi well but she continually force him to take those friso/cerel and each time, the baby cries endlesslly and later vomits everything. Then at about 10 months old, the baby would accept amala, and indomie on his own without been forced...then she brought in golden morn which the baby spits out the moment it touches his mouth...despite this, she started forcing him again...so the husband said don't give it to him any more...give what he is okay with. Rather than explain why she want to continue forcing him, she went and bought a bigger bag of the golden morn...then the husband threw it away...this happenned last Thursday and since then she has stopped greeting her husband and even prepare food when she like since then.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by vislabraye(m): 4:59pm On May 05, 2015
netsurf:

She wants to force her child to be oyibo not knowing that he is aje kpako.
I believe she has a complex. Is ogi and amala not food ?
Tell your friend to take his wife for counselling. Probably to their pastor, that's if they have a mutual one.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by jpphilips(m): 5:04pm On May 05, 2015
islandmoon:
As a professional social worker
This is my verbal contribution.
Apply this therapy.
.......................................................................................

You can actually negotiate with women in so many ways because anger from both ends will only caused more problems,
you are too domineering and quick temper! You can't deny that and she knows, that alone can fuel anger,so I will advise you to change tactics, remember you used to pet her before now, you need to love your wife more, get her gift, dance for her, make sure you do everything to make her laugh, do it today, do it tomorrow and next tomorrow, appease her, infact, sent her a text msg right now telling her how much you love her, I bet you will see her happy and smiling.

Look, submissive women are more delicate than wild ones, any woman who can control and manage her emotion is strong inside and very intelligent like a cat, especially with google as her special adviser. don't think she can be pushed around , its not easy to pack poopoo, do all stuffs and cook for you without being appreciated and still be happy.

You have probably diverted your love for her to your son , we men need to learn how to be supportive,
Thanks.

Note : she probably understand the baby more than you, and its better for you to seek advise from elderly women who are more experience about babies and their food selection rather than flinging the stuff she bought away! Try the above method and you will see her opening up on whatever is bothering her.

Get a gift for being stubborn!! iti
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by vislabraye(m): 5:06pm On May 05, 2015
jpphilips:

Is that really an area where a husband should interfere? You are the head of the home but by default, training or experience there are areas where the women know best you just have to leave it for them.
Surprised you know the name of whatever the baby is taking, you must really be less busy, no offence!!, sorry nothing to advise in this example because i don't interfere in this area, I may ask her to look for an alternative if I feel whatever she is giving is expensive or difficult to source.
There is separation of powers in the home.

I don't really agree with your first paragraph. As a father and a husband, you can't be ignorant about what happens to your child. If what the op said is accurate, then the husband has to be involved to some aspect.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by vislabraye(m): 5:10pm On May 05, 2015
WILSON:
TOLERANCE, SUBMISSIVENESS, RESPECT, FORBEARANCE AND CHASTISE WHEN NEED BE shocked

You said, chastise ?

But the strange thing is that I've heard of avwoman who likes to be beaten up by her husband. Strange but true. If I know that's what my woman likes, I no get problem grin
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 05, 2015
Op as usual, you won't mention what you did wrong or things you were doing before the marriage that you stopped doing.

The men also have a significant role to play in the woman 's behaviour. You stopped treating her like a queen, you stopped saying or doing nice things just to make her smile but you still expect the perfect wife?

When I hear marriage issues, especially the men complaining about their wives, I tell them to go and talk to her. Have a sincere discussion with her, ask her what's wrong, ask her why she's changing, ask her what can be done to make things better?? She's not an animal, once she sees you're serious-she would open up and you'll end up seeing the fault started from you.

Most Nigerian couples don't communicate. When there's an issue, they start living on assumptions. Which kills relationships pretty fast. Get talking, communicate and things will be better. If she doesn't wanna talk, you probably married a woman who wasn't ready for marriage.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by onoja12: 5:13pm On May 05, 2015
I am a man and i can tell you men are forced into marriage by women,its either your mother,your sisters or your girlfriend or the combination of two or more of the above,so drop it.
if men had there way they would prefer just sex without the complication

bukatyne:

We can say same for men also

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by jpphilips(m): 5:18pm On May 05, 2015
Rockstar2014:
Sincerely, this type of stories scare the hell out of me because my fiancee I intend to settle down with is so stubborn and temperamental and this attitude of hers has been so difficult for me to handle, even though she is caring and loving and I do love her so so much, but I fear she may turn worse when we finally get married.

80% of Nigerian women dont really deserve to be married as much as many of them want to, never you give the children's food to the dogs.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by tottinova: 5:22pm On May 05, 2015
i'll just leave the house for her undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 05, 2015
I read about some folks here saying "give her unimaginably good sex and blow her brains out"..(Lol) .Yes that's okay but at the same time it's ridiculous cos no matter the heavenly,orgasmic,pleasurable,indescribable fantasy,intensely wild sex you give to a girl,it can only last for so long.it's not the be all and end all and I can testify to this.A woman can beg and cry and tell you the truth bluntly that you are the only one can who can satisfy her sexually and but like all things that have diminishing return,a time comes when this magic wears off and she begins to not get so "enamored" with the sex as she used to b4. When that happens,nothing you can do about the situation xcept to let it be.You even begin to wonder if it's the same girl who you had her sexual remote control.
Also, you have to pray that Heavens send you a woman who can stay with you through thick and thin cos a month of being broke can change everything depending on if she had true affection for you or not.Not all women will stay with you wen you are experiencing a financial downtime.
The only way to overcome this is (1) should always be loaded with bucks and never ever having to find out (2)Pray for a genuinely loving woman.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Lexusgs430: 5:29pm On May 05, 2015
netsurf:
How best to handle a stubborn wife...when I say stubborn, I mean very stubborn...she doesn't listen nor take any advice or order from her husband...doesn't respect the man's opinion about anything...

On the few occasions, when she accepts she was wrong, she also want to be the judge in her own case. If the husband airs his opinion about any subject, she would insist she consult google for her to believe. It's no exaggeration...this is how exactly she behaves.

Please note that she was the epitome of an humble woman before the wedding but as soon as the wedding bell rang, she became another thing entirely.

Please anyone with good idea on how to handle such women before divorce option?

Unfortunately, she is on a path of destruction. It seems you have you have explored all avenues to curb her excesses.
If I were in your shoes, Divorcing would be my next consideration.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by amacastel: 5:30pm On May 05, 2015
Option A pack out of the house for d main time while u reduce the house allowance

Option B contact a lawyer to send her divorce letter just to threaten her belive me no matter how stubborn she is she pipe low @list for sometime and she will knw u mean bizness

Option C make her sign an agreement on code of conduct and behaviour b4 u withdraw d divorce suit against her a friend did it and it worked like magic for him. NB:his wife even fight him on d road and d guy is stickly rich
This is serious magic

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by babygirlfl: 5:37pm On May 05, 2015
amacastel:
Option A pack out of the house for d main time while u reduce the house allowance

Option B contact a lawyer to send her divorce letter just to threaten her belive me no matter how stubborn she is she pipe low @list for sometime and she will knw u mean bizness

Option C make her sign an agreement on code of conduct and behaviour b4 u withdraw d divorce suit against her a friend did it and it worked like magic for him. NB:his wife even fight him on d road and d guy is stickly rich
This is serious magic

Hilarious. What if she just signs the divorce document and move on.
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by dapsonlou(m): 5:43pm On May 05, 2015
netsurf:

My guy trust me anyone that's not in your shoes will never understand. Even if you tell them your wife beat you they will tell you to pray and don't divorce her. Well you can still save your marriage. Marriage is a Game and who ever is ready to play and keep playing will get the upper hand. One of the best was to deal with her, when she start to nag, go to a different room. If she follows n still nagging , get you car key and take a drive or go to the movies a friends house u get the point. When u get home she will be quite trust me. During aguement ignore are for a few days, even when she's talking to you , just look throw her don't say a word. It she getting out of hand tell her maybe you will be staying late at work to avoid all this stress. My guy if you come home late 3 times in a roll, she will seat tight.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by mamaope(f): 5:43pm On May 05, 2015
When she is doing something and you have a different opinion about it let her know immediately and if she refused to listen leave her alone but get back to the issue when she is just sitting and not doing anything thing. Tell her you gave your opinion because you truly believe it's better than hers and you want her to get the best out of everything she is doing because you love her that much. Show her love, keep telling her, her behavior is breaking your heart and it is pushing away from her which you detest. Do this over and over and pray. She had been good to you enough that you agreed to spend the rest of your life with her. This is one of the trying period in Marriage I am sure you have heard people talked about. Fight for your marriage and your woman. I bet she will return the favor one day. Marriage is for a lifetime you too will sure have your own bad time during the course. All the best.
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Lightening: 5:45pm On May 05, 2015
etochi11:
did ur dad beat ur mom like dt Idiot,, when will we guys learn dt beating ur wife/gf reduces d love she has for u?? Onye ara!!

In other words, the OP must have been beating his wife because the love she has for him seems to be reducing.
OP please use every means possible to stamp your authority in your home. Wives unwittingly contest with men for authority in new marriages.
Please do not lose this contest on no account, because NA SO E GO.BE TILL.DEATH. It is not a pleasant experience to be controlled by a woman.

Talking from experience.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by mamaope(f): 5:54pm On May 05, 2015
O
onoja12:
I am a man and i can tell you men are forced into marriage by women,its either your mother,your sisters or your girlfriend or the combination of two or more of the above,so drop it.
if men had there way they would prefer just sex without the complication

. Not all men, Real men want so much more than just sex, believe me I know. And if you are fortunate to find yourself a good woman that truly love you and you are good to her you will know marriage is one of the best thing that can happen in people's lives. It will always come with it challenges cause you two were raised differently, but everything will eventually workout.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Machiny: 6:05pm On May 05, 2015
bukatyne:

What made her change after the wedding? Any incidence the husband can pinpoint to? Can you give specific instances of her 'stubbornness?'

Thinking divorce because of stubbornness, strange.
sincerely if not that christainity don't permit divorce.because some women makes their home hell both for children and their husbands.nag on everything.even the bible talked about it,that a man would prefer slpn on the roof top than been which such woman.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 05, 2015
OK PAL, i cant read ur story as am busy,but i'd advice YOU BEAT THE HELL OUTTA HER
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Wendy80(f): 6:16pm On May 05, 2015
mamaope:
O. Not all men, Real men want so much more than just sex, believe me I know. And if you are fortunate to find yourself a good woman that truly love you and you are good to her you will know marriage is one of the best thing that can happen in people's lives. It will always come with it challenges cause you two were raised differently, but everything will eventually workout.

On point.
So True
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by islandmoon: 6:18pm On May 05, 2015
jpphilips:

Get a gift for being stubborn!! iti
How old are you? Okay beat the hell out of her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! / I Feel So Suicidal Because Of My Marriage. / Wife Files For Divorce Over Husband's Big Manhood In Zamfara (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.