Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,778 members, 7,851,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:07 AM

Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. (4187 Views)

How To Avoid Sexual Intercourse During Dating And Courtshi / The Things You Must Not Do During Dating / Top 13 Lies Women Tell Men During Dating!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by DrAify(f): 8:35pm On May 04, 2015
Bravo gurl kiss

1 Like

Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by spacefreak: 8:38pm On May 04, 2015
Lala247:

Hmmmm
U know how i feel about lazy ppl lol
Erm Personally I think a lady should offer to pay . The man might still reject it and pay ..
When u dont ask or want .. U just get .. Lol does that make sense smiley

Sharing: i have been on a date where d guy picked me up stopped at the petrol station I insisted n paid for the petrol .. This is even before getting there... Now wt do u think d guy wud think ?

Guy (freaking out) : OMG! she paid for gas. She freaking paid for gas. Sweet Jesus she paid for gaaaasss. I cant believe she paid for gas. Where have you been all my life...*tries to act cool* cheesy cheesy

I know that's what I will do considering the price of petrol in Nigeria now. smiley

Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 04, 2015
spacefreak:

Guy (freaking out) : OMG! she paid for gas. She freaking paid for gas. Sweet Jesus she paid for gaaaasss. I cant believe she paid for gas. Where have you been all my life...*tries to act cool* cheesy cheesy

I know that's what I will do considering the price of petrol in Nigeria now. smiley

Lol its true sha petrol is expensive now abi
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by braindamage(m): 8:42pm On May 04, 2015
. grin undecided cool
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Rapsodee(m): 8:43pm On May 04, 2015
Ah dunno why some girls believe its the guys that ought to be making them feel special while they won't make any effort to make the guy special too
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by sheunflexy(m): 8:46pm On May 04, 2015
Lala247:

Lol nah i defo dont like clingy ...
its only when there's no love or the love is diminishing that's when u call it clingy,but if the love is there,you will wish to know how is fearing every now an then
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by spacefreak: 8:48pm On May 04, 2015
Lala247:

Lol its true sha petrol is expensive now abi

Yup. You could buy me petrol? tongue
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 04, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Girls with explosive temperaments turn me off. Sometimes they just assume and jump into conclusions about what they think one has been doing.

The good thing is some of us can just suppress whatever venom we have within and just listen to them talk. I prefer not to say anything when she goes 'crazy'.

I just keep an expressionless face and watch her get whatever she's got locked within her out of her system. Who knows, I might must be lucky to hear the bitter truth.

When she's done ,I'll walk away but not without reminding her that I heard everything she said. I actually believe words said in anger more. She knows how to reach me if she wants else we'll remain incommunicado. Good for my peace of mind smiley.

When she has to be the one who reestablishes contact like 20 times, she'll reduce the frequency of her overly temperamental reactions.

What's wrong with "Kay, there are some things you do I do not like...". We can take up from there.

For some twisted reason girls love breakups and make ups. WE GUYS DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHY.
[/b]

Hm. Actually made sense here....and without bashing. When I was much younger, I use to like the adrenaline rush (or something rather) that breakup and makeup (talk about instability) brought with it. I use to crave it.

But!

The older I got, the more I grew out of this nonsense. Now, I am at an age (and stage) in my life, that I value PEACE of mind and will do anything to keep PEACE. I feel like I been there, done that and all that emotional drama. And nothing really gets to me anymore or more accurately put, very little makes me "fly off the handle" anymore. I suppose it's called "emotional maturity".

So, I am just saying; I agree with you!
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 04, 2015
sheunflexy:
its only when there's no love or the love is diminishing that's when u call it clingy,but if the love is there,you will wish to know how is fearing every now an then
Yh guess no love then smiley
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 04, 2015
But, I also was going to add:

Nicely summated lala. Good stuff.

Move over, Tosyne, Mr. Smith, you got girl competition grin

1 Like

Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by sheunflexy(m): 8:59pm On May 04, 2015
Lala247:

Yh guess no love then smiley
now u are talking.
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 04, 2015
sheunflexy:
now u are talking.

Lol
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by whizjay(m): 9:05pm On May 04, 2015
LaLa and all her Cool Topics... embarassed
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Dygeasy(m): 9:27pm On May 04, 2015
whizjay:
LaLa and all her Cool Topics...
embarassed
lol! cheesy grin

And posts too. grin

1 Like

Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by funlord(m): 9:39pm On May 04, 2015
Xiadnat:

angry
Xiadnat:

This one is exhibiting the signs described in number 2 and 4!
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:46pm On May 04, 2015
Xiadnat:

Hm. Actually made sense here....and without bashing. When I was much younger, I use to like the adrenaline rush (or something rather) that breakup and makeup (talk about instability) brought with it. I use to crave it.

But!

The older I got, the more I grew out of this nonsense. Now, I am at an age (and stage) in my life, that I value PEACE of mind and will do anything to keep PEACE. I feel like I been there, done that and all that emotional drama. And nothing really gets to me anymore or more accurately put, very little makes me "fly off the handle" anymore. I suppose it's called "emotional maturity".

So, I am just saying; I agree with you!

MzNelly:
Lawd have mercy

I suppose I get it. Emotional maturity doesn't always come with age.

For me, I react with cold fury at rare times. You know, I won't beat or break anyone or thing but she can't mistake that supposedly deadly look on the face of a guy who normally keeps his emotions contained most times. She'll get the message, retreats till the moment passes then we address the issue later.

We both know you women would play the victims after an argument even though both parties are guilty. I'll rather not give her the chance to blackmail me hence my being mute.

About the bashing; There are many sides to the son of Mark, Xiadnat. He's got a functional heart like everyone else, if you know what I mean. smiley

Nice points you raised though.
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 04, 2015
Dygeasy:
lol! cheesy grin

And posts too. grin

tongue
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 04, 2015
whizjay:
LaLa and all her Cool Topics...
embarassed

smiley
Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by micktoxin(m): 7:12pm On May 05, 2015
LewisO:
This is the best thread of the week created by a lady.

1 Like

Re: Warning Signs During Dating /courtship. by Strongfaze(m): 7:34pm On May 05, 2015
Lala247:
There are some things that should be considered bright-red flags when dating. Early stages!

1. They Don’t Make You Feel Special
If you are going to be in a relationship with someone they should make you feel special. If you aren’t being made to feel that way then it is time to re-evaluate the situation. Why waste time on a relationship that doesn’t make you feel great.

2. They Can’t Stop Talking About Someone Else
If your significant other can’t stop talking about a co-worker, a “friend”, or goes on and on about someone else they may be guilty of an emotional affair. And what may start off as an emotional affair may not be too far from a physical affair.

3. They Are Dishonest
Watch for even small warning signs of dishonesty. Do they cheat on tests or lie to get out of situations. Often times these small acts of dishonesty will spill over into your relationship too. You may find all of sudden they start to lie about where they have been or who they have been with. Trust is a big issue in a relationship and once it is gone it is tough to get back.

4. They Are Clingy
A relationship works best when two people have their own hobbies and interest apart from the ones that they share as a couple. If your partner clings to you all the time it may be time to question why they have such a strong attachment. Do they really enjoy spending time with you or do they treat you like you are on probation having to check in all the time. No relationship should alter your lifestyle or take away what is important to you.

5. They Have Explosive Anger
Watch out for someone who gets angry over nothing. It can be very telling what kind of person they are if you see them deal with a stressful situation. Do they swear, throw things, hit or yell in relatively minor situation such as dealing with lost luggage or missing a flight. If so you should be asking yourself if you want to be spending any more time with a person with those types of coping skills.

6. They Constantly Tease
Teasing can be very dangerous. At times it can be innocent and fun but if taken too far teasing is like bullying. It can be demeaning towards the other person and devalue them. If you get angry in response you will likely be targeted as not having a sense of humor.

7. They Are Secretive
If your significant other is suddenly a lot more secretive it should be a warning sign that something is up. Taking phone calls in another room, changing the computer screen when you walk in are all clues that your partner is hiding something.

8. Abuse in Any Way
Of course this seems like an obvious one but a lot of times people believe that someone will change or it will be the last time. It won’t be and it isn’t worth trying.

9. They are Selfish
If they not offer to pay while on a date , signs of a gold-digger or gigolo

10. They are Lazy
This can mean there is no ambition, no future goals or career move. These are spoilt brats and can cause problems within the relationship. E.g buy me Brazilian hair .. But yet she doesn't work . Just end it .

And yours... smiley
. Some points are usually experienced at the beginning of a relationship and not a red flag. For instance being secretive, and being clingy. Such can be overturned with time. Thus, I don't see them as red flags.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys, How Do You Feel About The Lady You Had Your First Time With? / Help Me With The English Name Or She Will Break Up With Me? / OMG! How I Caught My Father Having Sex With My Sister – Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.