Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg (39345 Views)

Ahmed Musa Considering Legal Action Over Reports He Beat Up Wife / Dangote Reiterate Desire To Buy Arsenal FC (transcript And Audio) / Aliko Dangote Still Considering Buying Arsenal FC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by arsetalks(m): 9:33am On May 05, 2015
ApexTitan:

Like that will be of any consequence. How many of them will buy original Arsenal paraphernalia or go to the Emirates to watch matches?
Dumb assertion bro. Let me ask you, Kroenke is a Yank, Usmanov is a Russian, how many Russians attend Arsenal games?

By your assertion, Africa is not a lucrative market but Manchester United has been coming to Africa for 10 years. Taking it outside football, Sky has been trying to buy TVC and bring Skyb to Nigeria ( I know cos I had business dealing with one of the initiators), verizon has been wanting to come to Nigeria, Etisalat left Asia for Africa.

Our buying power may not be as high as that of the Brits and the Yanks, but the number adds up big time.

At least your know our love is higher than most of the Asian countries yet clubs keep going to Asian, for what if I may ask?

Arsenal sent only 3 players here ( I was there) Sagna, Per and Poldi and made over £3m for 3 days. Imagine they come here for a week for a tour with the full squad?

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by Nobody: 9:36am On May 05, 2015
Nazeeboy:
That would be great. If he buys it I will be an Arsenal fan...........buh wait ooooo if he buy am and arsenal still go 10 yrs without title nko, no profit. He go sell am ni or what?

Without title Arsenal have been among the richest, profit is not only from the trophy.
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by obailala(m): 9:36am On May 05, 2015
Trailblazer1:
is he richer than Roman Abramovic? If yes then let him go ahead but if no, let him try hull city undecided
Dangote is twice richer
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by M4gunners: 9:36am On May 05, 2015
arsetalks:
First time me and you agree on something.
Such is life bro thank God for this opportunity giving to us.
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by Acidosis(m): 9:37am On May 05, 2015
shakazuldadon:
he cant

why can't he buy hull or Sunderland and make them a force to be reckoned with.....

by the way how many Nigerian clubs has he bought or sponsoring..

How many school children and homeless kids are you sponsoring?

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by arsetalks(m): 9:39am On May 05, 2015
redsun:
Niggers are always looking g for ready. Why can't he use his wealth to build up football in Africa,make it interesting,saleable and worthwhile?
Poor man mentality. A real savvy business man, buys up a business.

Ask Google why they paid so much to acquire skype when they can build a business from scratch why did Williamhill buy over skybet?

Ask my mentor AkinAlabi ( who is also a Nairalander) and he will tell you how many approaches he has had to sell nairabet.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by toonzay(m): 9:42am On May 05, 2015
undecidedno one is interested in buying a Nigerian club. The profit is minimal
shakazuldadon:
he cant

why can't he buy hull or Sunderland and make them a force to be reckoned with.....

undecided
shakazuldadon:
he cant

Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by arsetalks(m): 9:43am On May 05, 2015
Nazeeboy:
That would be great. If he buys it I will be an Arsenal fan...........buh wait ooooo if he buy am and arsenal still go 10 yrs without title nko, no profit. He go sell am ni or what?

10 years? Before Abramovich bought Chelsea never didn't win the title for 46 years.

Bring another one.
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by kelvyn7: 9:44am On May 05, 2015
FreeGlobe:

joke you say? Dangote can afford to buy Arsenal and manchester united together if he wants. he has the money

but he won't dear grin
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by FreeGlobe(f): 9:44am On May 05, 2015
jnrbayano:

Make no mistakes about this, Dangote may be incapable to bring out that amount (1.2 billion pounds) to purchase a club like Manchester United.

The bulk of his worth released in that magazine isn't in liquid cash methinks.
out of a 15 billion dollars networth, over 5 billion should be in liquid cash and this is an investment

1 Like

Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by shakazuldadon: 9:46am On May 05, 2015
Acidosis:

How many school children and homeless kids are you sponsoring?

you must be a butcher the way you beefing......

but thanks for comparing me to dangote.....
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by chigoizie7(m): 9:47am On May 05, 2015
shakazuldadon:
he cant

Yeah, u are damn right, he should ve bought a nigerian league football club,

Why would he buy a Club he doesn't love? He is die hard arsenal fan,thus his love for the club nd wants to make it better.

As a real businessman,there is no room for stupid investments, if he spends his money in buying arsenal, he will be able to recoup his money back in no distant time because soccer business is well reckoned with in England unlike in Nigeria.

Do u know how much arsenal fc earns trophy or no trophy. they are the best business wise, they spend less in running the team,but they make more from the less they spent,now that is real investment(limited capital @ their disposal yet they mke most use of it judiciously and with good results).

1 Like

Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by M4gunners: 9:47am On May 05, 2015
jnrbayano:

Manchester United is over 1.2 Billion pounds.

Are you sure he has the capability to buy?
Guy according to the Thread, Dangote what's $15 . billion so which capacity are you talking about again?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by free2ryhme: 9:48am On May 05, 2015
TheImp:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-05-04/arsenal-ownership-remains-wish-for-richest-african-after-rebuff

He has nvr bought nor sponsored any nigerian football club let alone sponsor our local league yet he wants to buy and sponsor a foreign league which has put in place infrastructure and equipment to make it attractive for investors

Dangote charity begins at home. If wealthy nigerians are afraid to invest in local sports what is the hope of sports in Nigeria?

Nigerians are hypocrites. You made your money through the corrupt corridors of power within this country to give back becomes a problem
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by evergenuine(m): 9:50am On May 05, 2015
we no get football club for naija again abi? Charity begins at home my guy.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by lizzlix(m): 9:53am On May 05, 2015
He can buy the club because he has the money , but I doubt the shareholders will listen to his ofers. If buying stakes at AFC is about money , then ,Alisha Usmanov who is 3 times richer than the Russian mugu (mogul) , CFC owner and Dangote combined would have been the majority shareholder at AFC. Usmanov have tried unsuccessfully for years too .
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by Nobody: 9:54am On May 05, 2015
FreeGlobe:

joke you say? Dangote can afford to buy Arsenal and manchester united together if he wants. he has the money
shocked

1 Like

Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by arsetalks(m): 9:54am On May 05, 2015
Ayomidric:
buy a football team and see ur wealth diminishing.... Abrahamovic will tell u the story....
You have MSC in mumutology. Abramovich's wealth did not diminish because of Chelsea. It diminished because some of his political wings were clipped in Russia.

Let me ask you, has the net worth of Chelsea diminished after Abramovich came in? He bought Chelsea for £140 million from Ken Bates, same Chelsea was reportedly close to selling 30% to an Asian to close to £200m. Put that into perspective.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by jnrbayano(m): 9:54am On May 05, 2015
FreeGlobe:

out of a 15 billion dollars networth, over 5 billion should be in liquid cash and this is an investment

Well, you know him too well and on my own part, I know him far less.

cool

1 Like

Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by FreeGlobe(f): 9:55am On May 05, 2015
ANAMBRA11:
shocked
Go deal with your ignorance. Dangote is over three times richer than the glazers family that owns manchester united

1 Like

Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by Nobody: 9:56am On May 05, 2015
zbone:
U must be a focused man yourself...hehehe....
cool
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by arsetalks(m): 9:56am On May 05, 2015
free2ryhme:

He has nvr bought nor sponsored any nigerian football club let alone sponsor our local league yet he wants to buy and sponsor a foreign league which has put in place infrastructure and equipment to make it attractive for investors

Dangote charity begins at home. If wealthy nigerians are afraid to invest in local sports what is the hope of sports in Nigeria?

Nigerians are hypocrites. You made your money through the corrupt corridors of power within this country to give back becomes a problem

No sentimentality when it comes to business. Dangote knows that unlike you who thinks it is about sentiments.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by ApexTitan(m): 9:56am On May 05, 2015
arsetalks:
Dumb assertion bro. Let me ask you, Kroenke is a Yank, Usmanov is a Russian, how many Russians attend Arsenal games?

By your assertion, Africa is not a lucrative market but Manchester United has been coming to Africa for 10 years. Taking it outside football, Sky has been trying to buy TVC and bring Skyb to Nigeria ( I know cos I had business dealing with one of the initiators), verizon has been wanting to come to Nigeria, Etisalat left Asia for Africa.

Our buying power may not be as high as that of the Brits and the Yanks, but the number adds up big time.

At least your know our love is higher than most of the Asian countries yet clubs keep going to Asian, for what if I may ask?

Arsenal sent only 3 players here ( I was there) Sagna, Per and Poldi and maybe over £3m for 3 days. Imagine they come here for a week for a tour with the full squad?

You stated that if Dangote bought Arsenal that the fanbase in the north (i.e, northern Nigeria) will skyrocket. While I do not have any data to show here I am pretty sure that that demographic will be of little or no consequence to the wealth of the club or the club owner.

The foreigners who own Arsenal certainly did not buy it to increase their native country fanbase - their target was the global community where the money really lies. Do you think that Arsenal has a considerable fanbase in the US because the owner of the majority stake at the club is American?

Africa, Asia and Europe are very lucrative markets for English clubs on the macro level. That's why clubs will continue to work these markets. However Northern Nigeria as a demographic will add little or no gains to the coffers of any club simply because as a whole it is not as financially well off as other demographics in this country. The fact that they have the wealthiest people in their group does not mean that wealth is evenly distributed there. It can even be argued that poverty is even worse up North than in other places in this country.

[I hope this explanation will not trigger another round of ethnic attacks that this forum is infamous for]

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by chigoizie7(m): 9:57am On May 05, 2015
shakazuldadon:
he cant

Yeah, u are damn right, he should ve bought a nigerian league football club,

Why would he buy a Club he doesn't love? He is die hard arsenal fan,thus his love for the club nd wants to make it better.

As a real businessman,there is no room for stupid investments, if he spends his money in buying arsenal, he will be able to recoup his money back in no distant time because soccer business is well reckoned with in England unlike in Nigeria.
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by danny301: 9:57am On May 05, 2015
Dangote should be thinking of how to reduce the price of cement instead of bothering himself with with Arsenal... If there is anything I wish now, it's reduction in the price of cement... the current price is damn too exorbitant.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by FreeGlobe(f): 9:59am On May 05, 2015
jnrbayano:

Well, you know him too well and on my own part, I know him far less.

cool
its simple statistics not rocket science
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by chigoizie7(m): 10:01am On May 05, 2015
ApexTitan:

You stated that if Dangote bought Arsenal that the fanbase in the north (i.e, northern Nigeria) will skyrocket. While I do not have any data to show here I am pretty sure that that demographic will be of little or no consequence to the wealth of the club or the club owner.

The foreigners who own Arsenal certainly did not buy it to increase their native country fanbase - their target was the global community where the money really lies. Do you think that Arsenal has a considerable fanbase in the US because the owner of the majority stake at the club is American?

Africa, Asia and Europe are very lucrative markets for English clubs on the macro level. That's why clubs will continue to work these markets. However Northern Nigeria as a demographic will add little or no gains to the coffers of any club simply because as a whole it is not as financially well off as other demographics in this country. The fact that they have the wealthiest people in their group does not mean that wealth is even distributed there. It can even be argued that poverty is even worse up North can in other places in this country.

[I hope this explanation will not trigger another round of ethnic attacks that this forum is infamous for]

Well said, more like more like investing in a cassava processing plant in the U.S instead of in Africa were there is more need for it than in the U.S.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by ApexTitan(m): 10:03am On May 05, 2015
free2ryhme:

You are very ignorant. Who is the chairman of BCC Lions here in Nigeria?

Clowns like you should do a little research before you mount your pulpit of condemnation.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by purplekayc(m): 10:06am On May 05, 2015
RockMaxi:
As much as Dangote is businessman, he is free to invest his money anywhere. The beginning of the end for Arsenal FC. grin grin

an african man cant run arsenal?
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by naptu2: 10:09am On May 05, 2015
free2ryhme:

BCC Lions of Gboko

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BCC_Lions_FC

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by femi4: 10:10am On May 05, 2015
Bad luck
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by poiZon: 10:11am On May 05, 2015
shakazuldadon:
he cant

exactly, they say charity begins at home. even abramovich has stakes in his country clubs n sponsoring some, volkswagen a german company is sponsoring more than 4 german clubs n dangote of all people dont deem it fit to even sponsor the nigerian football league not even kano pillars his home town club n also nigeriascurrent npl champs.
God no go gree make e happen o, I for port go real sociedad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tyson Fury To Anthony Joshua: “if You Make It Pass 3rd Round I’ll Quit”(video) / Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw / Kanu Nwankwo & Wife, Amara At FIFA Best Awards (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.