Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,542 members, 7,819,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg (39338 Views)

Ahmed Musa Considering Legal Action Over Reports He Beat Up Wife / Dangote Reiterate Desire To Buy Arsenal FC (transcript And Audio) / Aliko Dangote Still Considering Buying Arsenal FC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by arsetalks(m): 11:55am On May 05, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Let's get this right Abramovich at the end of the day is a white Russian, Dangote is a black African.

Ticket buyers are a major part of the success of an establishment like arsenal. The racism I'm talking about is not that open racism, it's racist that are openly racist only at their dinner tables. For those, you'll be surprised the numbers are far higher than you can imagine. Those will not come out and say "we won't buy tickets he's black" even though those will exist. These will come out and look for other reasons to boycott the club.

Again this is my personal opinion, I could be very wrong. My view of the world might be warped.
Mate, it doesn't work like that for football. Football is beyond that. It is who puts the food on the table when it comes to football. Is the Cardiff owner white too?

Is Tony Fernandes white? He owns QPR, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha of Leicester City? What of Blackburn Rovers owners? Shahid Khan of Fulham who took over from Faye?

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by mrmetoo1: 11:57am On May 05, 2015
arsetalks:
Mate, it doesn't work like that for football. Football is beyond that. It is who puts the food on the table when it comes to football. Is the Cardiff owner white too?

Is Tony Fernandes white? He owns QPR, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha of Leicester City? What of Blackburn Rovers owners? Shahid Khan of Fulham who took over from Faye?

I stand corrected then. It's good to know the English football business transcends racism
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by arsetalks(m): 12:02pm On May 05, 2015
mrmetoo1:

I stand corrected then. It's good to know the English football business transcends racism
We learn every day bro. Nairaland is such a wonderful place if remove Seun's dictatorial tendency every now and then.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by arsetalks(m): 12:07pm On May 05, 2015
mrmetoo1:

I must say I like the bold part. If I hear football is mere entertainment. My life changed as a football blogger the day I accepted this sad fact.
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by folawalesegun: 12:29pm On May 05, 2015
charity begins at home
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by ritababe(f): 12:32pm On May 05, 2015
RedBenson:

Lolz. Chelsea for the big boiz.

lol chelsea for pack the bus
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 05, 2015
ritababe:

lol chelsea for pack the bus

Lol. Forget Chelsea or Arsenal abeg. How far for our matter naw? This ur pic just dey make u dey hungry me the more. Where u dey now sef?
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by ritababe(f): 12:38pm On May 05, 2015
RedBenson:

Lol. Forget Chelsea or Arsenal abeg. How far for our matter naw? This ur pic just dey make u dey hungry me the more. Where u dey now sef?

am in school now, i even get exam 1:00 nw
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 05, 2015
shakazuldadon:
he cant why can't he buy hull or Sunderland and make them a force to be reckoned with.....
by the way how many Nigerian clubs has he bought or sponsoring..
True but Dangote is a businessman and Wenger is a good manager in generating more money for him...
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by lizzlix(m): 12:45pm On May 05, 2015
dotcomnamename:

Dangote will be stakeholder/high-share, not full ownership

Listen to yourself
Your bitterness didn't allow you to see where I used the words "buying stakes ".......definitely you have tried learning how to read unsuccessfully for years too.

swerve.
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 05, 2015
ritababe:

am in school now, i even get exam 1:00 nw
Which school be that?
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by babyfaceafrica: 12:55pm On May 05, 2015
shakazuldadon:
he cant

why can't he buy hull or Sunderland and make them a force to be reckoned with.....

I love you broda..no homos
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by penguin12: 1:09pm On May 05, 2015
Instead of him to build up a team in Nigeria. We have so many Messi in the street of Nigeria we have so many Ronaldos
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by redsun(m): 1:11pm On May 05, 2015
arsetalks:
Poor man mentality. A real savvy business man, buys up a business.

Ask Google why they paid so much to acquire skype when they can build a business from scratch why did Williamhill buy over skybet?

Ask my mentor AkinAlabi ( who is also a Nairalander) and he will tell you how many approaches he has had to sell nairabet.

Thatvus Africans are perishing in the ocean enmasss like sardine runs. Most of them are prospective footballers that are coming to lick oyinbos asses for opportunities they have at home. But just rich chimps like him that capitalise on the chaos in Africa to enmass wealrh can't think intuitively,they always see oyinbos activities as magical.
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by bamite(m): 1:16pm On May 05, 2015
efilefun:
Well Nigerian clubs are being sponsored by the states government except very very few that's why the league is still lacking behind when compared to other countries
Who stops you from sponsoring them? It is his money and he'l buy wateva he wants with it.
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by efilefun(m): 1:18pm On May 05, 2015
whats this one saying?
bamite:
Who stops you from sponsoring them? It is his money and he'l buy wateva he wants with it.
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by redsun(m): 1:20pm On May 05, 2015
ApexTitan:

Err... Duh.

Which football league in Africa is half as profitable as the EPL? Businessmen are all about their returns, they are not charities. An investment in the EPL makes more business sense than buying an African club.

BTW why didn't you raise this concern when Abromavich bought Chelsea, why didn't you tell him to buy up a Russian team?

They are rich because Africans like you patronise them. If you put all that efforts and resources you waste on oyibo racist clubs into African football scene,it will grow. Rome was not built in a day and sometimes people have to take deep breath and think of the stupidity of playing the second fiddle always.

Africans like Tony Blair said,are open sores of mankind. And he is not far from the truth, going what what is happening in Africa today.
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by mrmetoo1: 1:24pm On May 05, 2015
arsetalks:
We learn every day bro. Nairaland is such a wonderful place if remove Seun's dictatorial tendency every now and then.

LMAO!! He'll ban you o
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by TeamSimple(m): 1:26pm On May 05, 2015
Nazeeboy:
That would be great. If he buys it I will be an Arsenal fan...........buh wait ooooo if he buy am and arsenal still go 10 yrs without title nko, no profit. He go sell am ni or what?
Trophies doesn't neccessarily amount to profit.
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by arsetalks(m): 1:44pm On May 05, 2015
redsun:

Thatvus Africans are perishing in the ocean enmasss like sardine runs. Most of them are prospective footballers that are coming to lick oyinbos asses for opportunities they have at home. But just rich chimps like him that capitalise on the chaos in Africa to enmass wealrh can't think intuitively,they always see oyinbos activities as magical.
Thats wrong to say of Dangote and I despite him due to the monopoly he enjoys. He could have left Nigeria long ago but never did.

Sack all the workers in his work force and see how depressed the labour market will be.
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by ritababe(f): 1:55pm On May 05, 2015
RedBenson:

Which school be that?

tempe gate
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by OpraMenu(m): 2:01pm On May 05, 2015
shakazuldadon:
he cant

why can't he buy hull or Sunderland and make them a force to be reckoned with.....

ORI E PE !
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by ApexTitan(m): 2:26pm On May 05, 2015
redsun:

They are rich because Africans like you patronise them. If you put all that efforts and resources you waste on oyibo racist clubs into African football scene,it will grow. Rome was not built in a day and sometimes people have to take deep breath and think of the stupidity of playing the second fiddle always.

Africans like Tony Blair said,are open sores of mankind. And he is not far from the truth, going what what is happening in Africa today.

Why I'm I not surprised that you turn to maliciously fabricated quotes to validate your tired Africans-are-the-worst argument?

What is even amusing is that I'm certain you have never paid any money to watch any local teams play in a stadium, let alone purchased any authentic African team paraphernalia from their local leagues as a means of supporting them. I'm willing to wager my delicious lunch of bitter leaf soup with pounded yam and goat meat that you are not even familiar with the fixtures of the Nigerian football league. cheesy

The Internet and the anonymity it provides is the perfect cover you need to launch your self righteous tirades on the likes of Dangote or other African businessmen seeking to multiply their investments outside the continent. In reality you never lift a finger in practising what you preach.
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by redsun(m): 2:31pm On May 05, 2015
arsetalks:
Thats wrong to say of Dangote and I despite him due to the monopoly he enjoys. He could have left Nigeria long ago but never did.

Sack all the workers in his work force and see how depressed the labour market will be.

I am sorry if I got him wrong,but most Nigerian filthy rich like him got their wealth through the backward. Either by hijacking the people's oil well like danjuma-otedola,soliciting for millions of dollars worth of contracts they execute even when they get paid upfront or taking risk free massive loans from financial institutions they never pay back. It is a dog eat dog world there in Africa where the very weak and vulnerable pays dearly.
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by arsetalks(m): 2:33pm On May 05, 2015
redsun:

I am sorry if I got him wrong,but most Nigerian filthy rich like him got their wealth through the backward. Either by hijacking the people's oil well,soliciting for millions of dollars worth of contracts they execute even when they get paid upfront or taking risk free massive loans from financial institutions they never pay back. It is a dog eat dog world there in Africa where the very weak and vulnerable pays dearly.
It is a WORLD thing not a Nigeria thing alone. Most of the wealthy people the world over got their wealth in questionable ways. Only few did the right thing to acquire their wealth. Very few.
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by LeSulk(m): 3:01pm On May 05, 2015
Good move by Dangote.But I don't really see it happening.The 'owner' Kroenke has refused to sellhis majority shares to Usmanov for years.
For those who still think that Dangote won't benefit from the deal,remember that Kroenke has been the 'owner' for some time and has refused to let go because of Arsenal's viability.I really wish either he or Usmanov can pull off the deal because Kroenke is a ****
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by emeke042(m): 3:02pm On May 05, 2015
Nazeeboy:
That would be great. If he buys it I will be an Arsenal fan...........buh wait ooooo if he buy am and arsenal still go 10 yrs without title nko, no profit. He go sell am ni or what?
nd who told u arsenal ain't makn profit?dey r d 5th richest club in d world
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by amanze15(m): 3:19pm On May 05, 2015
Trailblazer1:
is he richer than Roman Abramovic? If yes then let him go ahead but if no, let him try hull city undecided
are u serious grin! Even Tom werner of liverpool owes boston REd sox and LFC the dude aint worth a billion dollars sef, football economics no dey like that
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 05, 2015
ritababe:

tempe gate
I never hear of that one before o. For which state that one dey?
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by ritababe(f): 4:19pm On May 05, 2015
RedBenson:

I never hear of that one before o. For which state that one dey?

u don hear am nw,
aba
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 05, 2015
arsetalks:
I must say I like the bold part. If I hear football is mere entertainment. My life changed as a football blogger the day I accepted this sad fact.
Definitely. I believe the LMC could do a lot more to make the league attractive to potential investors.
Re: Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 05, 2015
ritababe:

u don hear am nw, aba
Lolz. Hope u write d exam well? No get carry over o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Arsenal Players Attacked By Armed Men, Fought Off By Sead Kolasinac / Tyson Fury To Anthony Joshua: “if You Make It Pass 3rd Round I’ll Quit”(video) / Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.