Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,843 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 - Jobs/Vacancies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 (48191 Views)

Post Of Engineer Trainee Globalcom / Dangote Graduate Engineers Training Scheme (GETS). / Notore PLC #graduate Engineer Trainee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 23, 2016
slimz10:
happy new year miss. how is work?
hope you remembered this moniker?
work is fine. Happy New year. sorry I can't remember
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 23, 2016
egwuenuchris:
@ ForteNL happy New Year. How is work going? Pls can you send me your mobile, there is sth I would like to ask you. My no is 08034344852, Christian. Thanks

Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by Nobody: 2:35am On Jan 24, 2016
ForteNL:

work is fine. Happy New year. sorry I can't remember
About the promise of helping me to submit CV for dangote GET.
if you don't mind, can i send you a pm or should I drop my mail?

modified**

my e-mail lemonboy58@yahoo.com
You can send me a mail or your contact no.

I am not on BB messenger, otherwise I would have contacted you through your pin.

let me know so as to remove the e-mail
Thanks.
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by PromiseUche(m): 3:13pm On Jan 28, 2016
Help o pls o! I nid area of conc. Indiabix - ur discipline based and what other? Is aptitude included and verbal too?
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by donuba61: 10:10pm On Feb 01, 2016
call for 2016 Graduate Engineer Training Scheme by Dangote Industries Limited

To the;
Mechanical Engineers,
Chemical Engineers,
Civil Engineers,
Electrical Engineers,
Mining Engineers...
With 1st class, 2.1,2.2/HND

You can forward your CV with your discipline clearly stated in the subject of the mail to GETS2016@dangote.com on or before 5th of February.
Wishing you the very best...

1 Like

Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by ksstroud: 10:37pm On Feb 01, 2016
Donuba61 you realized what you just committed... grin grin
Are you guilty or not?... Copy copy
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by Ayopercent(m): 7:46pm On Apr 18, 2016
Below is the format of the message.

Dear candidate,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected
as a Graduate Engineer Trainee at Dangote Academy. Your
resumption date at Dangote Academy, Obajana is Saturday
25th July, 2015. You will be required to report at the
following address to complete all the joining/registration
formalities.
Address:
Dangote Academy
Dangote Obajana Cement Plant,
Obajana, Kogi State
Directions to reach Dangote Obajana Cement Plant:
From Lokoja, at Ganaja b/stop, take a cab going to Obajana.
Then from, Obajana take a bike to the Cement Plant and
report to the security personnel for further directions.
Please come along with originals of the following
documents for verification together with copies for our
records:
1. Valid Means Of Identification (Driver's License or
International Passport or National Identity Card or
Permanent Voters Card)
2. Birth Certificate or Certified true declaration of age
3. Secondary School Leaving Certificate
4. Degree or Higher National Diploma Certificate
5. NYSC Certificate or Exemption letter
6. Four (4) recent passport size photographs against white
background (for your ID Card)
Find attached a copy of the GUARANTOR'S FORM and BOND
DOCUMENT which you are required to complete and get
signed by your guarantor and bring along with you when you
come to report for training. Please note that you will not be
admitted into the program without submitting a fully
executed BOND DOCUMENT.
If you are in Lagos presently, you may like to come and pick
up your offer letter at the Dangote Group Head Office on 1,
Alfred Rewane Road, Falomo, Ikoyi on Tuesday 14th July,
Kindly acknowledge receipt of this mail and confirm you will
be picking up your offer letter in Lagos and arriving on
Saturday 25th July or Sunday 26th July, 2015 as failure to
resume on either of the said dates will imply that you are
not interested in the programme and your slot will be
awarded to candidates on the wait list.
Please come prepared fully to join the GETS program
starting Saturday 25th July, 2015.

If you have any questions on reaching the Academy, please
contact Olukorede Fadeyi on 0807 049 7869 for assistance.
Regards,
Adesumbo Williams
0815 209 3115
Pls do u hv a study materials for mechanical engineering category of GETS program.
ayopercent@yahoo.com
Tanx in advance.
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by Ayopercent(m): 8:04pm On Apr 18, 2016
olusd:
People with different infos sha. I remember vividly b4 I was interviewed at Agro Sacks in Lagos, Myself and some interviewee had a chat with Mrs Williams; one of the HR. She said "Only 100 persons" are to be shortlisted for the trainee employment.
I called the same woman 2weeks ago to confirm when we should expect their feedback on the interview we did. The response she gave me was that "We will be contacted b4 the end of this month (May). They are trying to prepare everything that will be needed for the training and also equip the hostels too.
I assume since this is the last week in May, hopefully we'll be contacted by God's grace.
Thank You!
Solomon (Mechanical Engineering Dept)
Pls which materials do u used den to prepare for d test.Kindly forward it to dis mail
ayopercent@yahoo.com
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by Carmal90(m): 4:56pm On Apr 20, 2016
Neyozak:
Common sense permutations, if mid of June, 2015 is sure to resume @ d academy, then expect call hopefully dis week. D reflection is dis, 4 an organized setting like Dangote, after a call dey will give a minimum of 2weeks 4 d recipients to prepare and plan ahead. U can evaluate d calls 4 test and interview as samples.
An academy is not what u wake up today and set to resume the next day. Alots is attached to it, relocation, resources to fix somethings 4 ursf and lots more. D picture is , u are going back to school.
My father and my God, I lean on u as I hope 4 d best 4 me and others.

pls can I have format of d test you did then,my mail is
carmallaide@gmail.com will appreciate
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by Carmal90(m): 4:58pm On Apr 20, 2016
olusd:
People with different infos sha. I remember vividly b4 I was interviewed at Agro Sacks in Lagos, Myself and some interviewee had a chat with Mrs Williams; one of the HR. She said "Only 100 persons" are to be shortlisted for the trainee employment.
I called the same woman 2weeks ago to confirm when we should expect their feedback on the interview we did. The response she gave me was that "We will be contacted b4 the end of this month (May). They are trying to prepare everything that will be needed for the training and also equip the hostels too.
I assume since this is the last week in May, hopefully we'll be contacted by God's grace.
Thank You!
Solomon (Mechanical Engineering Dept)

pls can I have clues of the test sir?
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by Carmal90(m): 5:21pm On Apr 20, 2016
Neyozak:
At dis juncture, I like to come out of my shell to congratulate d "successfuls". Congrat guys and pls enjoy and merry.
I encourage other good friends like otkconcept, dhope, cabrini, timibk and others to cheerup and say something.
@All the game is not over yet.D information at my disposal reveals dat less than 60 persons were sent d success mail and less than 50% had indicated interest in d offer. To those who are yet to be called shd continue in prayers as success mails is to be continued on or b4 27th of July, 2015 ( replacemt of slots and addition if possible). The category of persons are in d makeup list and we be giving limited time to join others in the training camp.
To those who got d offer and not interested in it, I like to appeal dat u need not to send acceptance mail but rather officially mail Mrs Williams of ur Rejection. Thank you for ur understanding because what seems less important to u is a Big Deal to some of us. Thank u once again.
Mainwhile, Engrpj shd pls send me pm. Thanks

pls can I have a clue of the test format sir??
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by Carmal90(m): 5:26pm On Apr 20, 2016
otkconcept:
lolsss i know i was kidding
pls I need test format pls
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by Carmal90(m): 5:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
texrem:

Oya.....new Gets .....lemme call u guys otondo. ...hahahaha.....
loading......prepare for the stress.....that's the first thing....You will enjoy the first 3 weeks of induction with them transporting you there n there with buses n creating familiarity with you n what they do....those weeks with some couple of weeks re called honey weeks cos u will be treated like a king...lol....don't quote me yet...

when coming come with boiling ring....bed spread....cup n spoon...milk n tea....ur system to avoid boredom....pls we ve 3 working decoders that we didn't subscribe on n dangote refused to do it too....but later we unanimously agreed on doing the subscription n we did create the Avenue to enjoy ourselves....you guys can do that too....
Pls don't try to use ur 30k for feeding in the canteen inside the factory....they re money sucker n they sell food as if u re begging them...very close to the academy there's a woman called "iya ondo"... she sells in a container n her food make sense...Do patronise her n greet her for me.....(if you know ur way.....that one sef dey....if can tutor u personally on that...lol)

pls after ur induction, where ever u re posted to ...don't disrespect anybody...I mean indians n even the smallest Nigerian that will tutor u....
Don't worry, Dangote will train u very well....n it's called on the job training.....

congrats once more!!!

pls can I have clues of the test pls
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by Carmal90(m): 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2016
MrGuest:
Congrats to the incoming GETS Batch 5; you made it so far, there are still hurdles to jump. If you didn't make the list, congrats too; it means your own success path does not include this route. Sometimes, good things fall apart so better things will fall in place. If you made the list and won't be picking up the offer, kudos; it also means there are better options for you and you might be indirectly making a space for another.

For the bond, it's not as how they paint it; some peeps left in Batch 1, Batch 2 & Batch 3 and they didn't pay a dime. Someone in Batch 3 actually got a call from the Head of Academy as regards that when he left, and till date, he hasn't heard from them and he hasn't also parted with 1.5mil. I'm not saying it can't start in your batch; I'm saying they might not have that time to pursue you when you refuse to pay.

As of the accomodation, you might not be in the place you will like if you choose to stay in their Academy Building; you can put up in a place of your choice but you are expected to report to your pl ace of work on time and transportation is not flexible from outside Obajana. There are staff buses anyways. Peeps cooked though it wasn't allowed. You can eat out though the quality isn't guaranteed. The conveniences aren't bad & they aren't good also. It boils down to how you guys use it; but trust me, some peeps don't know how to use the convenience.

As of the environment, it might not be very friendly as the sun shines as if it's having a bad day. Moreso, you'll have to cope with the dust in the area & prevent yourself from its hazards too. Most peeps drink liquid milk to that effect.

Now to the most important thing: the Training....
From my own perspective and that of most of my colleagues, the training wasn't as we expected: it was far below the belt. We were "used" far more than we were trained. Batches 1 & 2 had few months training in ITF Lagos while Batch 3 had theirs at Dangote Integrated Steel Plant, Osogbo before they were moved to Obajana. Batch 4 were in Obajana through out their training. It might be different for Batch 5. You can still learn if you want to.

Disclaimer: DCP isn't as it's been painted. You will notice a lot of flaws in the system, especially in the management style and staff's welfare. It's not as you are thinking now; don't worry, most people on the outside think the same way untill they become part of the "inside". If you don't see anything to complain about when you fully resume, then you must be from Venus.

Advice: Seriously MANAGE YOUR EXPECTATIONS; Engr. Haruna once said this. Find a way to keep the positive angle of your training in perspective at all times; you'll have need for that. Find a way not to join the band wagon of "complainers"; you'll be suprised that even a highly placed top manager complains. Don't forget that DCP or GETS is not the best thing that can happen to you; keep applying yourself to knowledge and to better places. The responsibility of your development isn't in the hands of anybody but yours. Compete with no one except yourself. You can be far much better than you are today in the years that come.

God's speed as you blaze your trails!

pls can I have sample of the test?
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by Carmal90(m): 6:41pm On Apr 20, 2016
Engrpj:

pls Sir...After 12 months of Training and one is employed...do the management pays Take-off grant?? i mean up front payment after one month of work

pls can I have samples of the aptitude test pls?
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by Engrpj(m): 10:55pm On Apr 20, 2016
Carmal90:

pls can I have samples of the aptitude test pls?

GMAT Based.... your Dept questions, General Engineering and Psychometric questions
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by Carmal90(m): 11:15pm On Apr 20, 2016
Engrpj:

GMAT Based.... your Dept questions, General Engineering and Psychometric questions

thanks so much
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by Nobody: 4:00am On Apr 21, 2016
MrGuest:
Congrats to the incoming GETS Batch 5; you made it so far, there are still hurdles to jump. If you didn't make the list, congrats too; it means your own success path does not include this route. Sometimes, good things fall apart so better things will fall in place. If you made the list and won't be picking up the offer, kudos; it also means there are better options for you and you might be indirectly making a space for another.

For the bond, it's not as how they paint it; some peeps left in Batch 1, Batch 2 & Batch 3 and they didn't pay a dime. Someone in Batch 3 actually got a call from the Head of Academy as regards that when he left, and till date, he hasn't heard from them and he hasn't also parted with 1.5mil. I'm not saying it can't start in your batch; I'm saying they might not have that time to pursue you when you refuse to pay.

As of the accomodation, you might not be in the place you will like if you choose to stay in their Academy Building; you can put up in a place of your choice but you are expected to report to your pl ace of work on time and transportation is not flexible from outside Obajana. There are staff buses anyways. Peeps cooked though it wasn't allowed. You can eat out though the quality isn't guaranteed. The conveniences aren't bad & they aren't good also. It boils down to how you guys use it; but trust me, some peeps don't know how to use the convenience.

As of the environment, it might not be very friendly as the sun shines as if it's having a bad day. Moreso, you'll have to cope with the dust in the area & prevent yourself from its hazards too. Most peeps drink liquid milk to that effect.

Now to the most important thing: the Training....
From my own perspective and that of most of my colleagues, the training wasn't as we expected: it was far below the belt. We were "used" far more than we were trained. Batches 1 & 2 had few months training in ITF Lagos while Batch 3 had theirs at Dangote Integrated Steel Plant, Osogbo before they were moved to Obajana. Batch 4 were in Obajana through out their training. It might be different for Batch 5. You can still learn if you want to.

Disclaimer: DCP isn't as it's been painted. You will notice a lot of flaws in the system, especially in the management style and staff's welfare. It's not as you are thinking now; don't worry, most people on the outside think the same way untill they become part of the "inside". If you don't see anything to complain about when you fully resume, then you must be from Venus.

Advice: Seriously MANAGE YOUR EXPECTATIONS; Engr. Haruna once said this. Find a way to keep the positive angle of your training in perspective at all times; you'll have need for that. Find a way not to join the band wagon of "complainers"; you'll be suprised that even a highly placed top manager complains. Don't forget that DCP or GETS is not the best thing that can happen to you; keep applying yourself to knowledge and to better places. The responsibility of your development isn't in the hands of anybody but yours. Compete with no one except yourself. You can be far much better than you are today in the years that come.

God's speed as you blaze your trails!

pls,kindly brief me d nature of test...I WS invited this yr BT needs guidance.......pls can drop ur numba...st ajokucharles1992@gmail.com for further enquiries
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by donuba61: 11:18am On Apr 21, 2016
Randy91:

pls,kindly brief me d nature of test...I WS invited this yr BT needs guidance.......pls can drop ur numba...st ajokucharles1992@gmail.com for further enquiries
Study general engineering questions in ur GMAT n ur dept questions in GMAT. Then phycometric questions.
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by olusd(m): 6:36pm On Apr 21, 2016
Carmal90:

pls can I have clues of the test sir?
GMAT 2012 or 2013 version.
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by Nelzone(m): 10:39pm On May 03, 2016
please is the test computer based?
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 04, 2016
olusd:
Well, I also did not get any call nor email. But a friend who did his interview@ obajana got both d call and mail. He is a chemical Engineer.
I am waiting for the real mail to come and resume and not shoe size or shirt. If they like, let them give me oversized cloth or shoe. Mine is to resume work. Shikena!

what were u asked
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by Nelzone(m): 11:17am On May 05, 2016
PLEASE ANYBODY WITH SOFT COPIES OF GENERAL ENGINEERING QUESTIONS SHOULD PPLEASE SEND TO nelsonwithu@yahoo.com....PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ OR DROP DOWNLOAD LINK
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by Meesquared(m): 11:38pm On Jul 08, 2016
Randy91:

randy man hmmm. I got you on nairaland finally. wahzup. I'm doing my nysc here o. resuming soon
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 08, 2016
Meesquared:
randy man hmmm. I got you on nairaland finally. wahzup. I'm doing my nysc here o. resuming soon

@dangote plant??...d one @obajana
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by Meesquared(m): 12:09am On Jul 09, 2016
Randy91:

@dangote plant??...d one @obajana
yes o. randy man you still dey online. I'm resuming after next week oo. I told you I was redeploying from Adamawa didn't I. I chose kogi and they gave Mee kogi. so I'm here
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 09, 2016
Meesquared:
yes o. randy man you still dey online. I'm resuming after next week oo. I told you I was redeploying from Adamawa didn't I. I chose kogi and they gave Mee kogi. so I'm here

All the best bro
Re: Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 by Meesquared(m): 8:15am On Jul 10, 2016
Randy91:

All the best bro
thanks. how work nau?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Unilever Future Leaders Program For Graduates (full Time Role) / Federal Civil Service Recruitment 2017 /2018 / Follow This Thread For Abuja Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.