Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,317 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? (37679 Views)

Abortion By A Married Woman, Is It Justifiable? / Parents Send Soldiers To Beat Guests At Son's Wedding / Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by funlord(m): 10:55am On May 07, 2015
Gboliwe:
Beat your wife? Is she a drum?
angry
Gboliwe:
Beat your wife? Is she a drum?
Til the day wey U go jam 1 cynthia rothrock, wey go almost end U with karate! You go know whether na drum or guitar!
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Gboliwe: 10:56am On May 07, 2015
funlord:
angry Til the day wey U go jam 1 cynthia rothrock, wey go almost end U with karate! You go know whether na drum or guitar!

What is this one yarning?
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Nobody: 10:56am On May 07, 2015
Slimzjoe:
Its obvious the woman Looked for what was not looking for her and the Husband duly obliged.....
He probably beat her so she'll have more control over her mouth and action.....Some females talk too much and out of Point

She wants to Divorce?? Smh undecided

no bro don't be sentimental here, that man messed up how can a man take his wife's bag away from her just to give it to his sister as a gift?!? he's supposed to be buying things for his wife and not taking things away from wrong, that's totally wrong.
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Nobody: 10:58am On May 07, 2015
Slimzjoe:
Its obvious the woman Looked for what was not looking for her and the Husband duly obliged.....
He probably beat her so she'll have more control over her mouth and action.....Some females talk too much and out of Point

She wants to Divorce?? Smh undecided

no bro don't be sentimental here, that man messed up how can a man take his wife's bag away from her just to give it to his sister as a gift?!? he's supposed to be buying things for his wife and not taking things away from wrong, that's totally wrong.

@vickybee rose2014 oyah finish him, (nairaland feminists team)
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Janet101(f): 10:58am On May 07, 2015
It's wrong to beat ur wife o!,is like beating ur mother

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1084291584921442&id=100000218315258&set=o.309567905844696&ref=m_notif&notif_t=like&actorid=756045222Pls click on dis link to like our pix thks
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Nobody: 11:00am On May 07, 2015
Justfollowit:

Maybe it is because I believe some people on this earth do not deserve to be here at all because they deem themselves better than others and hence believe they can act unquestionably.

I have a serious problem with that.
that means ure wiser than God that brought them in this world right?
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by omonnakoda: 11:01am On May 07, 2015
Misogynist2014:
This is what the Glorious Qur'an (May To Allah Only Be Praise And Honour) had to say: Sahih International : Men are in charge of women by [right
of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they
spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous
women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's]
absence what Allah would have them guard. But those
[wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise
them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and
[finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more],
seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted
and Grand.
Is this the same Quran that produced a Sura so Muhamid could take his son's wife?

when Zeyd had performed that necessary formality (of divorce) from her, We gave her unto thee in marriage, so that (henceforth) there may be no sin for believers in respect of wives of their adopted sons, when the latter have performed the necessary formality (of release) from them. The commandment of Allah must be fulfilled. (37) There is no reproach for the Prophet in that which Allah maketh his due. That was Allah's way with those who passed away of old - and the commandment of Allah is certain destiny
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by italo: 11:01am On May 07, 2015
Justfollowit:

Id.iot

Times? No. There is one and only a time when you can hit your spouse. The other idiots gave examples like if she acted silly or tongue lashed them, they would hit her. I disagree because in both circumstances you can always WALK AWAY. (Check out TheSonofMa.rk post, he is the only who commented with a clear head)

Women do not hold the monopoly of acting silly. Many married MEN also do because they think themselves as gods and they are also Han therefore highly likely to also act silly. Also the fact that I have met men who would win a tongue lashing competition if they were to compete with women, gave me the right to say tongue lashing is no reason to hit a woman.

The summary of what you're saying is that it can be justified to hit a woman.
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by funlord(m): 11:02am On May 07, 2015
icedbeatz:

cheesy
icedbeatz:

vickybee wey don run from nl since last week? And I saw sum guys hunting 4 dis rosie yesterday sef! Na ending get her Oh!
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by mmmmm1: 11:03am On May 07, 2015
Characters that can destroy your business read more on www.pagereading..com
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by queebeediva(f): 11:03am On May 07, 2015
How can a grown up man bit a grown up woman who he claimed he love? Just how? This is why you must not encourage any sort of harsh relationship.
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Spirit1(m): 11:04am On May 07, 2015
Never - Ever!!!
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Nobody: 11:04am On May 07, 2015
Justfollowit:

I pray you die before you are able to tie the knot.

It is not a curse, darling.

You are a beast, and in first place you shouldn't have been conceived. You were a mistake. Please do the world a favour by taking your own life.

Daaaaaaaamn that's very bad of u!! how can you wish death on a fellow human for airing his opinion?!? that's just bad and says a lot about you.
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Soknown: 11:04am On May 07, 2015
fashrola:
So funny that guys here be claiming innocence of the present matter just to look good in the public or get likes from the females... Well all of us might be guilty in other ways... doesn't mean the woman or lady in question to be your GF nor wife... It also involves ur female cousins, sisters, niece, classmate whilst in High school....I guess most of us are guilty of the "petty crime" .. Though sometimes females can be so annoying.. U just have to ignore them and walk away... And u gonna be the MAN OF THE YEAR
I love the concluding part of your post. Simply walk away, it could be difficult but not impossible.
The last fight I had with anybody ( as I could recall) was with a girl back in the days ( I think JSS1 or 2) I won't tell you, if I won or she won because looking back now i see it was unnecessary. As a grown up man , i have bosses that are female and sometimes they do make me bad, do i beat them ?, No. The worst i could do is to simply walk out. If i can control my anger in the office i see no reason for not controlling it at home with the woman i claim to love. Marriage is suppose to be an " at par" relationship, if i cannot beat my female colleagues in the office why would i do it at home. Anger is like a fire, when it is out of control, burning is an understatement.
Lastly with some comments i have read on this post i can conclude that many need to consult therapist before tying the knot and some that are tied should also do same or get good lawyers.

2 Likes

Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by charger09(m): 11:06am On May 07, 2015
Bevy12:
So wrong and there is absolutely no reason to beat a woman even if she offends you.

U dhe joke abi?
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by mikeapollo: 11:07am On May 07, 2015
godoluwa:
It's absolutely wrong for a man to beat his wife no matter whatever.

***FTC***
Dedicated to all men that will never beat their wife

So you will stand, laugh and clap your hands if your wife/woman should descend on your aged(e.g. 90years old), fragile and weak mother or dad (or both) and give them serious heavy beatings of their life in your presence?

A lady should never be beaten if she stays within what is acceptable. I can tolerate whatever a woman does to me as a person, but I will whip her if she does what I highlighted above.

I don't know where all this '' you must never beat a woman NO MATTER WHATEVER'' comes from
There are rules to be obeyed. Otherwise there should be no reason why a woman should be sentenced to jail or death sentence ''no matter what''!
If a woman armed robber comes into your house and kill your wife and kids, will you spare her if you have the means to beat her up or even kill her?

Nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by funlord(m): 11:08am On May 07, 2015
queebeediva:
How can a grown up man bit a grown up woman who he claimed he love? Just how? This is why you must not encourage any sort of harsh relationship.
grin
queebeediva:
2 beat U for bedroom dey hungry me!
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Nobody: 11:08am On May 07, 2015
STPEACE:
that means ure wiser than God that brought them in this world right?

In his holy books, especially the Qur'an which I am familiar with. God stressed the equality of men, he enjoins us to act in fairness and To REMEMBER THAT we would one day give account to him yet he recognize the fact that some men are not men neither are they animals. As a representative of God on earth, if I see a man who act in a despicable (inhumane) manner because of an advantage he has over others, I am at liberty to send him to God.
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Misogynist2014(m): 11:09am On May 07, 2015
tosyne2much:
Sexual explicit contents are not allowed
Just a boot crushing a lady grin .

1 Like

Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Nobody: 11:09am On May 07, 2015
icedbeatz:

Daaaaaaaamn that's very bad of u!! how can you wish death on a fellow human for airing his opinion?!? that's just bad and says a lot about you.

It is a selfish, inhumane and inconsiderate opinion therefore he does not have a right to air such opinion.
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Nobody: 11:11am On May 07, 2015
funlord:
cheesy vickybee wey don run from nl since last week? And I saw sum guys hunting 4 dis rosie yesterday sef! Na ending get her Oh!

really?!?! hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha how? why? you don't mean it.
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by xtervaganza(m): 11:12am On May 07, 2015
Your friend is a fool and her parents are bigger fools too (sorry to say)

Amd if you want to advise your friend, just let her know she has to leave the sob she calls husband
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by funlord(m): 11:12am On May 07, 2015
Justfollowit:

In his holy books, especially the Qur'an which I am familiar with. God stressed the equality of men, he enjoins us to act in fairness and To REMEMBER THAT we would one day give account to him yet he recognize the fact that some men are not men neither are they animals. As a representative of God on earth, if I see a man who act in a despicable (inhumane) manner because of an advantage he has over others, I am at liberty to send him to God.
So all the atrocities dat arabs and even muslim men in nigeria do 2 you women Based on the same religious ideology looks like equality 2 U? Abeg leave this your religious angle by the roadside!
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by tosyne2much(m): 11:13am On May 07, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Just a boot crushing a lady grin .
Hahaha cheesy
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by queebeediva(f): 11:14am On May 07, 2015
funlord:
grin 2 beat U for bedroom dey hungry me!
and to slap your mouth dey hungry me too
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Nobody: 11:14am On May 07, 2015
Justfollowit:

Anywell, am not too conversant with Quran, and there is not a place in the bible that intructs me to send someone back to God. He giveth and also taketh.
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by funlord(m): 11:15am On May 07, 2015
icedbeatz:

really?!?! hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha how? why? you don't mean it.
I don yarn u oh vickybee is GONE! She even open thread 4 her herself 2 tell us say she don cut out 4 life! Ask her followers!
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by ironbody03(m): 11:16am On May 07, 2015
MojiDelano:
My very intimate friend was recently at the rough end of a physical assault from her husband. This has been going on for a while and as usual she found it very difficult to tell me because she knows I won't take it well. Her hubby was due to travel back to NIGERIA from the UK and as usual he was packing her designer bags as gifts to his younger sister who by the way was not on speaking terms with my friend. Her mild rejection of his plan which was all the more insulting since he did not take permission from her before just invading her closet got him mad and the beating and blows commenced.

She said this time, she was sure that he meant to kill her. He grabbed tight her throat, planning to choke her, scratched at her face all the while raining blows on her repeatedly screaming, the intervention of her kids and her father could not save her from this hell. When he was done, he left her utterly humiliated and headed for the airport.

To make matters worse, her parents not wanting the humiliation of a divorce are insisting that she should remain a good wife and even go and apologise to the beast for verbally and physically assaulting her.

I love her and remain deeply helpless as I see that this will not end. So I ask, when is it justifiable to beat up a woman or is it ever justifiable to do that?

What advise can I give her. I plan to rescue her but would she be alive by the time I am ready? I am afraid.

http://josephedgarng..com/2015/05/when-is-it-justifiable-to-beat-woman.html

Seun Ishilove TheRealMrStan, Lalasticlala

A wo man can be beat by his husband if the wife is doing something that is not good to her husband with a several wornings.

In fact the man must not beat her with his hand or turn her into a punching bag

Because AL-QURAN says when ever a girl offend you, the only way you can beat her is to take a cloth and tie it once at the surface and use it to beat her after several wornings and still yet she is stll doing the same thing. That is when we can beat her

I rest my case
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by queebeediva(f): 11:16am On May 07, 2015
funlord:
So all the atrocities dat arabs and even muslim men in nigeria do 2 you women Based on the same religious ideology looks like equality 2 U? Abeg leave this your religious angle by the roadside!
abeg what is he saying ?
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by Nobody: 11:16am On May 07, 2015
when is it justifiable to beat urself as a man? if u can't den don't beat ur wife......
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by loswhite(m): 11:17am On May 07, 2015
godoluwa:
It's absolutely wrong for a man to beat his wife no matter whatever.

***FTC***
Dedicated to all men that will never beat their wife
How can somebody's wife be his intimate friend in d first place? When u are married comeback and post this foolish comment of not beating wife no matter what
Re: When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? by mmmmm1: 11:18am On May 07, 2015
How you can lock your phone to a single app with Lollipop’s screen pinning read more on www.pagereading..com

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Lady Forgives Her Father 27 Years After He Abandoned Her / Photos: 11 Bad Habits Of Children Caused By Their Parents Unknowingly / This Girl Is Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.