Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats (42127 Views)

Atiku Already Running For 2019 — El-rufa’i / Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) / I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats by Nobody: 7:33am On May 08, 2015
tohpahz:

Ipledge.. come and answer oo..
have already answered... U should get my msg
Re: Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats by tohpahz(f): 7:38am On May 08, 2015
Ipledge:
have already answered... U should get my msg

Gotten. On it.. !
Re: Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats by Cityguy: 8:26am On May 08, 2015
mastermynd:
any person with 2 10naira
abeg change me ooo
;DYou obviously know 'who' to ask
Re: Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats by Nobody: 8:33am On May 08, 2015
When it favors them Sade Adu, Seal is a Nigerian cos they won grammy award,they will be boasting about it but when It doesn't favor them, their argument will be that the only connection they have with nigeria is their name, make una dey fear God.
When it comes to playing at the global stage,yourubas are still trailling behind Igbos and so shall it continue, The first black paliarmentarian in poland Is an Igbo man, An Igbo man is a judge in ICC Hague, its only here in nigeria that it seems they are competing with the Igbos. Ndi Igbo ekene kwa m unu in my Enugu accent.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats by patpaul: 8:38am On May 08, 2015
ochukoccna:
As omonnakoda rightly said,they are NOT Nigerians
Please can you stop this imbecilic moronic cravings especially those claiming them for their ethnic groups
True they might have Nigerian heritage, but which amongst them proudly associates with the wasteland Nigeria has become of today? cry cry
We should rather see them as citizens of a nation that works and see how we can model Nigeria to such a pattern
My 2 pennies! cool
If they had claimed Yoruba, they would have been Nigerians abi?
Re: Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats by gentlelarry(m): 8:45am On May 08, 2015
ANAMBRA11:
yorubas wont be happy with this list
I av been observing all d igbo's since oba akiolu statement... The king does not speak for all yoruba u know, and d bitter truth is yoruba ethnic is d most accommodating ethnic in Nigeria... Ibo, hausa, and other tribe are everywhere in d south west acquiring lands and various properties..we have been been co-existing like brothers and sisters all dis while! It's so sad that u're quick to forget what we use to share after the oba's statement. The question is how many yoruba has supported the oba's statement and yet u keep attacking the yoruba's as if we get fight b4. With this attitude of attacking us and questioning our love for our fellow Nigerian brothers I think u igbo's really need to check yourself and ask yourself d question that can we accommodate other tribes in our land peacefully like dis pple... D problem is not the yoruba's u pple need to check yourself cos it seems u saw d avenue to show d hate u have inside b4.... Me still love you guyz still #IamaNigerian
Re: Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats by gentlelarry(m): 8:53am On May 08, 2015
4Play:

You that is talking, can Chi Onwura, as an Anambranian, run for office in Enugu? Can someone from Enugu run for office in Imo?
I wonder oooo! As far as I'm concern, the ibo's are the most tribalistic ethnic in Nigeria! The don't take shit from anybody from other ethnic... They just saw dis avenue as an opportunity to pour out their hate!how many yoruba has been appointed to any govt political office in the east... Whereas we have many in lagos, ondo ekiti and d likes and yet they keep talking rubbish for mouth! Well not all of u are like dis sha cos me get correct ibo neighbour wey get sense!
Re: Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats by smite(m): 9:16am On May 08, 2015
uzolexis:

what u feel about me has no effect on me whatsoever,even a strand of hair on my body will not be affected cos u r very inconsequential, instead d hate in ur hrt will suffocate u n it's u who will loose at the end so pls keep on hating.
best reply I have ever seen since I joined this forum. 1 billion likes!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats by cochexky: 11:12am On May 08, 2015
Kingkamal:
No hausa man? Na wa o for una Jonathan plots
HAHAHAHAHA HOW YOU EXPECT ABOKI TO BE AMOUNG NAAA ABI YOU WAN SPOIL THE SHOWWWWWW grin grin grin grin. YOU ARE STILL IN THE BUSH WITH YOUR COWS NAAA , ABI U WAN LEAVE THEM FOR THEIR. grin grin
Re: Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats by BOWOTO(m): 11:23am On May 08, 2015
Now they are Nigerians, double mouthed Nigerians, God help you all.
Re: Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 11:39am On May 08, 2015
Vorp:
The funniest thing is none of them will enter.

Some are already serving, mumu..try to reason with your brain. Ewu Ohiafia.
Re: Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 11:41am On May 08, 2015
Igbos don't make noise. They take over.
Re: Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats by BornnAgainChild(f): 12:09pm On May 08, 2015
georjay:
IGBO kwenu!!!!!!!kwenu!!!!!kwezenu!!!!!!Proudly yoruba!!!! One love. Goodluck to them sha...

And patience jonathan to you grin my Un-tribalistic ofe nmanu broda wink
Re: Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats by georjay(m): 1:44pm On May 08, 2015
BornnAgainChild:

And patience jonathan to you grin my Un-tribalistic ofe nmanu broda wink
grin infact patience jonathan to all of us grin
Re: Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats by nenny(m): 2:59pm On May 08, 2015
Congratulations to them, they all won their respective parliamentary elections
Re: Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats by Guk: 8:17pm On May 08, 2015
Emirofsambisa1:
Four Nigerians will be gunning for seats at the British parliament. The election scheduled for 7th May 2015 will see the four Nigerians with three who are already members of parliament fighting for slots. Below are

CHUKA UMUNNA

Chuka Harrison Umunna (born 17 October 1978) is a British Labour Party politician who has served Streatham as Member of Parliament(MP) since 2010. Umunna is the current Shadow Business Secretary since 2011.

Chuka Umunna's father Bennett, of the Nigerian Igbo ethnic group, died in a road accident in Nigeria in 1992.[3] His mother, Patricia, is asolicitor and daughter of Sir Helenus Milmo QC, the Anglo-Irish High Court judge.

Umunna was educated at Hitherfield Primary School in Streatham, South London, and the Christ Church Primary School in Brixton Hill. He says his parents felt that the local state school had "given up on him" and so moved him to the boys' independent senior school St Dunstan's College, in Catford in southeast London, where he played the cello, and became Deputy Head Boy. During this period he was also achorister at Southwark Cathedral.

He was awarded an upper second class LLB in English and French Law from the University of Manchester; after graduating he studied for one term at the University of Burgundy in Dijon, before studying for an MA at Nottingham Law School. He has said that his politics and moral values come from Christianity, but that he is "not majorly religious"

HELEN GRANT

Born 28 September 1961, Helen Grant is a British Conservative Party politician and solicitor. She is the current Member of Parliament forMaidstone and The Weald in Kent and the current Minister for Sport, Tourism & Equalities. She was elected at the 2010 general election, replacing the constituency's previous incumbent, Ann Widdecombe, who had decided to step down as an MP. Grant was the first black woman to be selected to defend a Tory seat and her election made her the Conservatives' first female black MP.

Grant received her first government appointment in September 2012, when she received the dual roles of Under-Secretary of State for Justiceand Under-Secretary for Women and Equalities. Grant attracted media attention in November 2012 after it emerged she was allowed to claim the maximum expenses allowed within the IPSA rules for a London flat, despite her family home being within 20 miles of

Grant was born in Willesden, north London to an English mother and Nigerian father, but grew up in a single parent family after her parents separated and her father emigrated to the United States. She was raised in Carlisle where she lived on the city's Raffles council estate with her mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.

CHI ONWURAH

Chi Onwurah (born 12 April 1965) is a British Labour Party politician, who was elected at the 2010 general election as the Member of Parliament for Newcastle upon Tyne Central, replacing the previous Labour MP Jim Cousins, who decided to step down and left the seat. She is Newcastle's first black MP.

During the depression of the 1930s, Onwurah’s maternal grandfather was a sheet metal worker in Tyneside shipyards. Her mother grew up in poverty in Garth Heads on Newcastle’s quayside. Her father, from Nigeria, was working as a dentist while he studied at Newcastle Medical School when they met and married in the 1950s.

After Chi was born in Wallsend, Newcastle upon Tyne, in 1965, her family moved to Awka, Nigeria when she was still a baby. Just two years later the Biafran Civil War broke out bringing famine with it, forcing her mother to bring the children back to Newcastle, whilst her father stayed on in the Biafran army

KATE OSAMOR

NIGERIAN-born National Health Service (NHS) manager Kate Osamor is the Labour Party's parliamentary candidate for the Edmonton constituency in London after stiff contest with fellow diasporan Kate Anolue. Ms Osamor, who has worked for the NHS for 15 years, is a trade union activist, a women's charity trustee and a member of the Labour Party's National Executive Committee. She made funding the NHS, opposing its fragmentation and standing up to government cuts the centrepiece of her campaign.

http://hype9ja.com/2015/05/4-nigerians-contest-for-seats-in-the-british-parliament/

Tosin Abbey Phillip was not icluded in this list.
She stood for elections in Leeds for Labour Part but lost

Re: Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats by xmich(m): 9:17pm On May 08, 2015
Vorp:

Baba when you get there try to put this guys mind set wrong,

www.nairaland.com/2301718/four-nigerians-win-british-parliament

Now they don enter whats your take on it
Re: Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats by vickrino(m): 11:46pm On May 08, 2015
Vorp:
try read their profile again.
Re: Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats by juwoonn(m): 2:03pm On May 09, 2015
georjay:
IGBO kwenu!!!!!!!kwenu!!!!!kwezenu!!!!!!Proudly yoruba!!!! One love. Goodluck to them sha...
Honestly I love d igbo spirit...they are everywhere, paving ways for their generations and making us proud.
Re: Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats by ArcToyin(m): 2:51pm On May 10, 2015
Vorp:
reason(s) ?
Re: Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats by dayodare49o: 9:39pm On May 11, 2015
lifeskilz129:
Well, this politician are not bastard. They are not Nigerian either. Seun can we have ignore button please!
Then your father must be bastard. I am very sure that all that are claiming to be Nigerians cant be, there would surely be one bastard out of all 160 million claiming to be Nigerians. in first place, I thought those bastardized Britons are the Nigerian bastards. But since you have successfully defended them, I am very sure that your father is the bastard I was looking for.
Re: Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats by dayodare49o: 10:13pm On May 11, 2015
lifeskilz129:
Well, this politician are not bastard. They are not Nigerian either. Seun can we have ignore button please!
Lest I forget. You mum is also a bastard. Those guys are good for nothing but homo. They are also fucking bastards. They can win election in Britain. They can be PM there. They can never win councillorship election here because they are bastards.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bicycle Ride By Osita Chidoka To Last Federal Executive Meeting (photos) / Edward Onoja Slams Omoyele Sowore Over His 'Prayer' For His Daughter (Photos) / George Akume Hosts Femi Fani-Kayode To A Lunch (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.