Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,673 members, 7,813,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? (17685 Views)

Like Ethiopia, Like Nigeria: How China Helped Ethiopia Economy. / You’re The Real Saboteur, Go To Hell With Your Massob–okorocha Blasts Uwazuruike / Use First 100 Days To Tackle Corruption, Revenue Leakages, NBA Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by Okeikpu(m): 6:52pm On May 09, 2015
Twaci:
Corruption can never be erased, neither by military rule nor democracy.

The realization and acceptance of this fact is a step forward for all of us.

IMO.

Kindly vote me for Miss. Nairaland 2015. Thanks smiley.
How can we vote you in wt dat ur rabbit tooth angry nextime learn how to close ur lips while smiling (・∀・)
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by AKMoney1(m): 6:58pm On May 09, 2015
Give all of us 10 million naira each grin grin cheesy
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by socialmediaman: 7:06pm On May 09, 2015
CyberWolf:
Socialmediaman has said it all..create a strong institution and integrate this institutions with Information Technology...In addition, enact a more severe punishment for those found guilty of corruption ..

Exactly
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by Kay17: 7:06pm On May 09, 2015
rabbuy:
Easy... Arrest all current politicians ..... Kill em by firing squad for those wey get jazz I go make dem die by bomb blast..
Then I will ammend the constitution and enforce a salary of 200k for all senators and 500K for presido all in naira and the rest of the money used for making Nigeria a paradise
I will privatized all the sectors neccessary make sure unibersities are lower than polytechnics so as too boost graduates that can DO something with what they learnt ... That's why we re behing in engeering university cert is al what majority of engeering frims are after which is not right....
That done I will ipmprt solar roofs for all who are ready to ditch Nepa which will be heavily subsidized.. And electric cars so crude oil would be as water... I will make top notch enginneers from all parts of the world come down here to teach my people the field efficiently and effectively... Scholarships will be the other of the day.. Agriculture will improve.. I will encourage urbanization for the rural states so as to depopuate lagos.. Then boost the rail system making sure it is more welcomed than buses... Infrasturcture will also enjoy transformation I wil make underground tunnels yeah I Ike it... This is just 1/4 of what I will do by the tie four years elapse Nigeria wil vote me in again ten times over... Amen!

And also create schools for written languages.
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 09, 2015
Corruption is not the reason why Nigeria is bleeped up. Hopefully, buhari will complete 8 years so that Nigerians can understand my statement ...
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by ebosse(m): 7:11pm On May 09, 2015
TohpahzDofC:
By killing some people cheesy

She's imperfect, but the best!

Tohpahz for Miss Nairaland!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2390781_votefortoh23110_gifb2a7f0f297118e2d3115315d97f80c2b

I don't think a lot of us really want to go through the stress of finding a link where we can vote.... Trust me, getting us directly to where we can vote is a step away from getting a vote.
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by rabbuy(m): 7:34pm On May 09, 2015
Kay17:

Gbam... Then make you minister for education or my @p.a in educational matters grin cheesy
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by rabbuy(m): 7:35pm On May 09, 2015
Kay17:

Gbam... Then make you minister for education or my @p.a in educational matters grin cheesy
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by islandmoon: 7:58pm On May 09, 2015
yes
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 09, 2015
All Security parastatals would be cleansed. The major problem of this country 'Nigeria' is the rot that has been allowed to rottenly deprave our security personnels. I mean how can our morally, psychologically, efficient disinclined security establishments provide for a corrupt free society when they're themselves the exclusive embodiment of gross misconduct. Categorically they present and portray themselves as the emblem of the corruptible disease 'corruption', which has regrettably been transmitted to the larger nigerian society. After the security institutions have been purged, notable symbols of corruption in the form of past time political leaders, civil servants, and all others involved in handling monetary affairs would be shot at sight absent formal judicial process.
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by islandmoon: 8:07pm On May 09, 2015
yes
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by islandmoon: 8:10pm On May 09, 2015
HUGE REWARD FOR WHILE BLOWERS

a website online, a facebook page for easy access,where i and every concern Nigerians can easily report with proves and evidences,
if you hide money in your house and i know, inflated contract and i know, diverted fund through,
we know its not safe to go to the police, there is no place to report such cases.
if you report such case to police in Nigeria, 98% of the police men will call the corrupt man to inform him and he will simple settle them.
we need a live TV show on channel TV where we can simply call in to report , A LIVE TV SHOW ON CHANNEL TV.
just like ELECTION COVERAGE , the corrupt official/individual will be invited to the show to answer we the poor masses openly before going to court, and we also need the masses agent who must come and tell us the outcome on air.
who ever blow false alarm will be punished, Thanks
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 09, 2015
Twaci:

IMO.

sorry twaci baby.. u just lost one vote...
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by samuel25(m): 8:44pm On May 09, 2015
Everybody is busy mentioning big names forgetting what each of us do at convenience is also corruption. Examination malpractice, Collecting money before voting, jump queue, cut corner, unnecessary inflation of price of our goods and services, taking advantage of situation. Many have forgotten that almost what we called SMARTNESS this day is corruption.
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by Tonason: 8:51pm On May 09, 2015
If you want to tackle anything and overcome it you must take that thing out from the root. The major cause of corruption in Nigeria is embedded in the IBB ideology shop I Shop. He introduces steal big and go free but steal little and go to jail. Solution! I must arrest IBB to answer for $32B oil fall, OBJ for the same, Atiku on privatization, Tinubu, Amaechi, Alison, and every past corrupt leaders thereby send serious warning signal to intending persons. Thank you.
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by okoriendubuisis: 8:51pm On May 09, 2015
The issue of corruption is systemic and can be solved by a value that creates uncorrupt system.The book titled: The Making of a New Nigeria provides the solution to corruption and underdevelopment
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by sirwilly1(m): 9:15pm On May 09, 2015
Borrussia:
[img]http://www..ng/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/3a1.jpg[/img]

Reading Thousands of Comments
here on Nairaland, Some Users
sound like a Messiah and tend to
end corruption if they emerge as
the President of Nigeria.

Corruption is Nigeria’s biggest
problem, I guess you all know that
also? …. but wait! What if you were
given the Chance to become the
President of Nigeria, How will you
fight corruption and put a stop to
it?

Drop your Comment.

If I want to tackle corruption as the president, I'll give it a SLIDE TACKLE.
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by faisal313: 9:33pm On May 09, 2015
by killing all the currupt leaders
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by BlackTechnology: 9:42pm On May 09, 2015
chuna1985:
Corruption is not the reason why Nigeria is bleeped up. Hopefully, buhari will complete 8 years so that Nigerians can understand my statement ...

God bless you

Unfortunately our SW brothers keep thinking it is corruption

Nigeria will be a better place when we embrace true federalism cool

1 Like

Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by Originalsly: 9:43pm On May 09, 2015
As the President of Nigeria I wouldn't have the power to bring corruption to its knees. But should I become a dictator.....pray that I don't.... I shall 1. Let it be known far and wide that any corrupt official shall face death by firing squad. 2.Give a 60 day (I expect to meet hundreds) amnesty for all politicians to personally declare all their assets and how much of it is from corruption. I shall decide what is to be refunded to the State. 3. The first "smart" one shall be executed...on live TV....and his/her carcass ehmm...body be air dropped in the ocean. Every Wednesday shall be execution day for officials. The small fish would toe the line before I get to them!

1 Like

Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by BlackTechnology: 9:44pm On May 09, 2015
okoriendubuisis:
The issue of corruption is systemic and can be solved by a value that creates uncorrupt system.The book titled: The Making of a New Nigeria provides the solution to corruption and underdevelopment

Tell us more about the ideas suggested by the author cool
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by nwadiuko1(m): 9:46pm On May 09, 2015
Twaci:

IMO.

which party u dy nigrin
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by felsunseg(m): 9:49pm On May 09, 2015
kill corrupt officers as they do in Asian country, no plea bargain and no jail sentence.
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by justfash50: 9:52pm On May 09, 2015
Firstly ensure the judiciary is autonomous and separated from the other two arms of the Government. This autonomy will empower them to take decisions without the Executive arms of Government interfering with their responsibility. We should know that of the 3 arms of Government its only the Judiciary that is constituted by civil servants. Politician constituted the executive and the legislative arms. Also reform the judiciary by expediting the court processes.

Secondly is the FOI bill be implemented fully across all the states in the nation. We should get the bill to know how effective the bill will help tackle corruption. It protect the whistle blower.

Thirdly are the enforcers should be reformed I.e EFCC, police
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by possibilita(m): 9:53pm On May 09, 2015
There used to be number of ppl that shows hw gay they r in Nigeria,but when a law was passed it stopped.put curruption in place of homosexuality.problem solved
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by younghartz(m): 10:10pm On May 09, 2015
Eliminate past corrupt leaders angry
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by SeunMighty(m): 10:12pm On May 09, 2015
Seriously this is a major problem our govt needs to combat with all available weapon.

Well,for me death penalty would be d solution for any one found guilty of corruption if not,it won't be easy in this country come next 10 years.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by InvertedHammer: 10:39pm On May 09, 2015
/
If you are a public servant and your assets do not tally with your income, I will go American IRS audit on your a#ss.

Thereafter, I will cut all the "cutables" not excluding blokos.
/
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by holiboy: 10:41pm On May 09, 2015
I will not tackle corruption I will remove IMMUNITY CLUSE from the constitution and corruption will die
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by Solozzo(m): 11:01pm On May 09, 2015
Not only the politicians should be punished but everyone involved including accountants,clerks, auditors and secretaries. Next time they would blow the whistle. Effective policing, justice systems, whistle blower protection etc are helpful.appointing only people with credible backgrounds to political positions.

But above all, public enlightenment about corrupt practices, having programmes to train people to develop patriotism, integrity and selfless service is the most important thing. Corruption is within the mind. Mentoring young ones, providing efficient systems of caring for the future of the population is vital. If people are more confident that they would be cared for by the society and their offspring protected this can go a long way to reduce corruption. Good leadership and patriotism training in primary and secondary schools is vital.
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by scait(m): 11:46pm On May 09, 2015
massacre all politicians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo Presides Over FEC Meeting (Pictures) / Ninth National Assembly To Get 15 Ex-governors As Senators / Army Denies Killing 150 Pro-biafra Agitators

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.