Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,033 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

How Smart Are You,answer This Question - Forum Games (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / How Smart Are You,answer This Question (47039 Views)

Can You Answer This In Ten Seconds? / How Smart Are You ? Is This Murder Or Suicide ? / Let’s See How Smart You Are: Zoo Animal Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by AlphaDray: 9:26pm On May 09, 2015
mfm04622:

What work does the nose do in the first place? The lungs really do the work of breathing! The nose is just a tube that is meant to smell the air that passes through it! Which one works, your pumping machine or the pipe that take water to the tank?
for something to get into a body there must be inlet which is the nose and mouth but we can't keep using our mouth for long that's why we have the nose to do the full time job...hope you get
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by faisal313: 9:28pm On May 09, 2015
the nose becouse every second human being breed
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by firefox4th(m): 9:30pm On May 09, 2015
The nose
All other rest except the nose.
"and God breathed the breath of life into the mans nostrls and man became a living soul"
The nose is the anchor of life.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Alamin6: 9:30pm On May 09, 2015
Djicemob:
Which of this body organ never rest? Or which do you think is the busiest and most hardworking?

A.The brain
B.The Eyes
C.The Nose
D.The Ears
E.The Heart
F.The Mouth

Pls choose and state your reasons cheesy
The Nose. because nose neva stop working
Cc:Obinoscopy lalasticlala
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Everydaeguy(m): 9:31pm On May 09, 2015
skylane:
are we talking abt the most important or hardworking? By the way apart from pumping wat else?
what happens to a car wen fuel is not circulating in the engine......??if u'l be able to answer this question then u'l know that without that heart pumping every second,u'l b dead...
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by AlphaDray: 9:32pm On May 09, 2015
Na wa oh!!!
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by SirLewis(m): 9:33pm On May 09, 2015
AlphaDray:
I see!! nice one...so you are refering to your self as an angry fool!! Wow that's nice once again
I know you were expecting to see an insult, but I'm not going to indulge you. I can keep quoting and replying you if I wish but really I don't have your time. Chiao
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by jhidey08(m): 9:35pm On May 09, 2015
BlackPeni5:

Don't be stupid..The battery to your body is the brain and not the heart ...The only sentiment you guys have is because you can feel the heart at work.

Now to address the point that the body can work without the brain..too much movie is worrying you. Different parts if the brain control different parts of the body...If you remain the whole brain...All the parts of the body will not function and will die. But if a small part is damaged, only the functions it controls will stop. Please next time use your brain when replying me.
u don't av to insult people to show ur ignorance. Be polite na, at least.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by AlphaDray: 9:36pm On May 09, 2015
SirLewis:
I know you were expecting to see an insult, but I'm not going to indulge you. I can keep quoting and replying you if I wish but really I don't have your time. Chiao
same here dude!!...thanks but no Thanks, I think I'll pass
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Timzyy(m): 9:39pm On May 09, 2015
All others organs mentioned here reports to d brain... Even heart sends blood to d brain... So who iz nw d busiest??
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by jhidey08(m): 9:40pm On May 09, 2015
freecocoa:
The argument is funny to me because I don't get how this is disputable.
our youths are too dull, and very rigid, not ready to learn and reason with people. SMH
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by AlphaDray: 9:43pm On May 09, 2015
[quote author=Alamin6 post=33582572][/quote],
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by mfm04622: 9:43pm On May 09, 2015
playboyAIU:
it is the heart cos it pumps blood continously even wen you are sleeping but the sometimes even wen you are awake the brain is resting

The fact that your heart is pumping mean your brain is NOT resting. Why are you so dumb?
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by freecocoa(f): 9:45pm On May 09, 2015
Bluetooth2:

If a person's heart stopped beating for a minute, he goes into cardiac arrest. That means the heart dies until resuscitation but during that period a good part of your brain cells are still working within that minute that the brain stopped working.

The brain is the part that tells other parts what to do. If any part of the body breaks down or stop functioning, the problem and solution should come from the brain.
How does the brain work if the heart stopped? Is the brain not supposed to tell the heart what to do? There has to be a heart to tell what to do, if the heart is not functional, the brain can't tell it what to do, except you are saying that the brain tells the heart to beat, before it does, in which case I will say, the brain wouldn't need the heart, if it could function on its own. The brain doesn't work in that 1 minute the heart stops.

Resuscitation pushes the heart to pump blood to the brain, when heart pumps blood to the brain, breathing then happens, if the heart doesn't get resuscitated to pump blood, the brain can't tell nose to draw air.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by BlackPeni5: 9:45pm On May 09, 2015
jhidey08:
u don't av to insult people to show ur ignorance. Be polite na, at least.

Lol...Oya show me my ignorance with facts na. I'll try to be polite next time ...guess someone insulted me while quoting me and set me off on an insulting spree.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by younghartz(m): 9:46pm On May 09, 2015
The nose cheesy
Do u stop brething? undecided
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by AlphaDray: 9:46pm On May 09, 2015
I think its time for the dude who asked the question to give us an answer. PLEASE
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Soknown: 9:48pm On May 09, 2015
On a lighter note- the brain is the smart worker, the liver is the 'ruggedy" and the heart is the smooth operator. on a broad view both heart and brain never rest. but technically speaking they do, the heart rest for like a millisecond between each beat for it to recover from the effect of the beat while some aspect of the brain rest during sleep especially during the NREM sleep. funny enough our eyes move and work during the REM( rapid eye movement) phase of sleep. Funny enough again the brain supply stimulation to all organs but the heart also has its own internal arrangement for stimulation. When the heart dies the brain can only last few minutes (6-cool. After that even if the heart is revived some aspects of the brain would be gone. Brain death means the person is totally dead it's different from being in a vegetative state(when some aspect of the brain is still working). In the absence of liver on your list, the game is between the heart and the brain, based on the fact that the brain lives few minutes more than the heart. I choose BRAIN. (Google is my friend)
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by AlphaDray: 9:49pm On May 09, 2015
younghartz:
The nose cheesy
Do u stop brething? undecided
who ever stops breathing is classified a dead person
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by skylane: 9:50pm On May 09, 2015
Everydaeguy:
what happens to a car wen fuel is not circulating in the engine......??if u'l be able to answer this question then u'l know that without that heart pumping every second,u'l b dead...
the heart pumps but the brain give it signals to pump, so apart from d pumping of blood what else does the heart does?
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 09, 2015
My mouth... Cos without food I can't see d essence of living.. Team#HumansLiveToEat.. #Gluttony
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by mfm04622: 9:55pm On May 09, 2015
AlphaDray:
for something to get into a body there must be inlet which is the nose and mouth but we can't keep using our mouth for long that's why we have the nose to do the full time job...hope you get

I mean the nose does no work! define work and see if what the nose does qualifies as work! It is just an open inlet. Does not even have a cover. It does not move, it does not control anything. Whereas the lungs have to move up and down for us to breathe, the heart have to move to pump blood. Apart from the disfigurement, what will a man that loses his nose suffer from?

Hope you get!
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by mfm04622: 9:59pm On May 09, 2015
stingbreed:

Yes u can use d mouth but not for too long,,, the primary function of d nose is for breathing but that's not d primary function of d mouth
If the primary function of the lungs is breathing, what is the primary function of the lungs?
The primary function of the nose is SMELLING!
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by martineverest(m): 9:59pm On May 09, 2015
In basal metabolism(heat and mass transfer engineering),the heart,lungs and brain re always @work even while as sleep.

The lungs with the nose work simultaneously

even while asleep,the ear is still functioning.the ear is the only part of the sense organ dat still function after dead.

In conclusion,as a mechanical engineer,the heart is the busiest.cos its a pump that xperiences stress.its d prime mover of d body dat makes brain,mouth etc function...analogically,once the engine is dead the car cease to function.the heart is d engine of d body.while the car driver is d brain.even when u re brain dead,the heart function to make u stay alive.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by mfm04622: 10:00pm On May 09, 2015
Basildvalour:
There is life even after the brain goes dead but there can not be life after the heart goes dead

It is true the brain coordinate the activities of all other senses and organs but even while asleep, the heart works.
So does the brain stop working when you sleep? Without the brain, your heart CANNOT work!
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 09, 2015
Bluetooth2:

What exactly does the brain does besides pumping blood as instructed by the brain ? I'm yet to see an argument here disputing the fact that the power house of the body is the brain. If every cells can get blood without being pumped by the heart, what do you need the heart for ?

The functionality and survival of the body cells lie entirely on the blood not the heart because the heart is nothing but a pumping machine !

The heart doesn't receive signal for it's activity from the brain. The heart has what is called SA node which generates impulses for it's contraction. The brain only works to either speed up the beat or slow it down depending on other prevailing circumstances. So between the brain and d heart directly, d heart doesn't need d brain to work. But if d heart stops beating for more than 5mins, d brain and the whole body is gone.

cc BlackPeni5
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by AlphaDray: 10:01pm On May 09, 2015
Soknown:
On a lighter note- the brain is the smart worker, the liver is the 'ruggedy" and the heart is the smooth operator. on a broad view both heart and brain never rest. but technically speaking they do, the heart rest for like a millisecond between each beat for it to recover from the effect of the beat while some aspect of the brain rest during sleep especially during the NREM sleep. funny enough our eyes move and work during the REM( rapid eye movement) phase of sleep. Funny enough again the brain supply stimulation to all organs but the heart also has its own internal arrangement for stimulation. When the heart dies the brain can only last few minutes (6-cool. After that even if the heart is revived some aspects of the brain would be gone. Brain death means the person is totally dead it's different from being in a vegetative state(when some aspect of the brain is still working). In the absence of liver on your list, the game is between the heart and the brain, based on the fact that the brain lives few minutes more than the heart. I choose BRAIN. (Google is my friend)
prof. What keeps the body alive, is it the brain, the heart or The air we breath? Cos it Seems Like you've forgotten the nose and I also know the body, that includes the brain and the heart need air

The second question is, where does air pass thru?
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by kenoz(m): 10:01pm On May 09, 2015
Heart
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 09, 2015
freecocoa:
How does the brain work if the heart stopped? Is the brain not supposed to tell the heart what to do? There has to be a heart to tell what to do, if the heart is not functional, the brain can't tell it what to do, except you are saying that the brain tells the heart to beat, before it does, in which case I will say, the brain wouldn't need the heart, if it could function on its own. The brain doesn't work in that 1 minute the heart stops.

Resuscitation pushes the heart to pump blood to the brain, when heart pumps blood to the brain, breathing then happens, if the heart doesn't get resuscitated to pump blood, the brain can't tell nose to draw air.

If you close your mouth and nose for a minute, will you die ? No but you will start grasping for air.

What happens is that your heart keeps recycling deoxygenated blood throughout your body and when it keeps getting to the brain, it sends message to your hand to remove it from your respiaratory organs.

During that period you closed your respiratory organs, the laziness of the heart becomes exposes because it is carring in and taking away same blood without air to the body system until the brain comes to its rescue.

I'm not undermining the importance of the heart but to put it at par with the brain is a great disservice to the functionality of the brain.

1 Like

Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by muktar10(m): 10:03pm On May 09, 2015
The Brain! The Brain is so exert centralized control over other organs of the body!
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by younghartz(m): 10:03pm On May 09, 2015
AlphaDray:
who ever stops breathing is classified a dead person

To me its d nose not d heart grin
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 09, 2015
AlphaDray:
prof. What keeps the body alive, is it the brain, the heart or The air we breath? Cos it Seems Like you've forgotten the nose and I also know the body, that includes the brain and the heart need air

The second question is, where does air pass thru?
You don't need a nose to breathe. The mouth can do the work perfectly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

3words Per Post: Part 2 / Any Comment That Does Not Get A Like In 30 min Gets 1500 Naira Worth Of Recharge / Who Can Spot The Phone?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.