Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu (58161 Views)

Have You Bought Phone Through Olx B4? Pls Click Here / The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. / Tecno Phones Are The Most Bought Phone In Africa.. True Or False (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 11, 2015
Simple, go back and collect soup.
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 11, 2015
phyllosilicate:
it is not how expensive the phone is, but how difficult it took her to buy to get the money to buy the phone. It is in Lagos I saw women carrying concrete, did you know if she did same to buy the phone?

He forgot or failed to realise that all fingers are not equal
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by UthyWebAppsMan(m): 8:33pm On May 11, 2015
wow! now dats one expensive piece of fufu she got herself grin... N3,000 worth of 'packaged' fufu cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by Jonwesley(m): 8:37pm On May 11, 2015
That was how my brother's wife bought cartons as wrappers at Oshodi some years back.The wrappers measured less than a yard on each of them. It was used to wrap the well shaped carton dampen with water folded and tucked in like the new wrapper. The seller was selling them so cheap and had a bell jingling along which caught her attention.
She told the guy that she likes to buy two sets of wrappers but had insufficient money.. The guy asked for her address that he will come the following day to collect his balance and my sister in law agreed. She didn't touch them on arrival at home since she was yet to pay completely for them and waited till the following day but the seller was no where to be found. On the evening of the second day she decided to open them to admire what she bought while still hoping that the seller will come for his balance. What she saw was a neatly dampened sized carton covered by a tiny wrapper that cannot wrap a pillow. Come she how she fainted. Na heavy water we take revive her that night.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by ERockson: 8:40pm On May 11, 2015
I bought a phone full of fufu five years ago in Ikeja and anytime I remember I must laugh.
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by ebosed: 8:42pm On May 11, 2015
Adekorya:
My brothers from SS/SE at work

Bt dem no tell me say nah island show dey

Make I call dem to collect my share b4 dem finish it.

But how can sum1 tink he can buy NokiaX2 brand new for 3000?

I was once a victim. It can happen to the smarted dude here on nairaland. This is their modus operandi. The guy showed me the phone, it was fairly used. He created the impression that selling fairly used fones is illegal hence they want the deal done discretely. He showed me a good phone, I tested the phone with my SIM got confirmation of my internet setting from MTN. So I was sure, it is original I then paid N6k. For the fone. The market value for the new fone was 24k, he quickly disagreed that what he bargained with me was N20k. I got angry collected my money and my SIM and walked away, he quickly swaped the fone with the fufu prototype and came chasing after me and pleading that I should offer him N6k plus anything. And he would offer me the fone, he constantly reminded me that police don't like them around the market to create some kind of urgency, I quickly collected the fone and offer him 7k, he immediately dissappered without reconfirming the money I gave him, I actually offered him the same 6k, thinking I was smart. Then I walked away to avoid being noticed by police. When I tried putting the fone and it refused to come on, I opened the back of the fone and noticed it was packed. Full with a smelly white substance, I looked up and noticed the entire market was staring at me and laughing hysterically I felt . I never told my wife or anyone that happened to me.
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by betty202020(m): 8:50pm On May 11, 2015
parrotibaba:
d boys have a way of interchanging d original phone to d fufu own after u don test finish ...if not for God u go think say ur village witches don chop egg roll on top ur matter
THANKS
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by mimicious(f): 8:52pm On May 11, 2015
lalasticlala:

Obviously she bought it second hand and the person may have told her to charge it well first before switching it on
Hahahaha hahahahah u got me laffin. Unto fufu charging tins
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by deluckiest(m): 9:21pm On May 11, 2015
This is no new trick, it's a common occurrence in computer village. Same happened to me about 6 years ago at the computer village I bought a nokia smart phone which look very clean, i can attest to this because I carried out the inspection on it. The guy i bought it from asked me to put the phone in my pocket on my way out of his operation stand so as to avoid being fined by the power that be. When I got to the bus stop and about to leave for my place I decided to play with the phone as i brought it out and low and behold....a very ugly phone due to wear-and-tear was starring me in the face. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Since, that ugly experience, I've learn't my lesson.
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by Alphaoscar: 9:21pm On May 11, 2015
lalasticlala:

Obviously she bought it second hand and the person may have told her to charge it well first before switching it on

That is not how those guys operate o. They will show her the real phone during the period of bargaining and she must have press the phone and the original phone will be working but the moment the seller tells u that he want to remove his Sim card from the phone that is when they normally change the original to the fufu phone which must been hiding inside handkerchief all along.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by isan(m): 9:23pm On May 11, 2015
This is not ekiti , kano , or enugu this is lagos the center of excellency so shine yur face boys are not smillinggrin

Eko o ni baje o
Obajeeeeeeeeeeeeeti
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by Horlufemi(m): 9:24pm On May 11, 2015
One Word GREED
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by LovesonBlezz(m): 9:24pm On May 11, 2015
kolofem:
smiley
51 LIKES for a goat?...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by sheshiahmad(m): 9:33pm On May 11, 2015
oPoonu
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by lalasticlala(m): 9:34pm On May 11, 2015
Alphaoscar:

That is not how those guys operate o. They will show her the real phone during the period of bargaining and she must have press the phone and the original phone will be working but the moment the seller tells u that he want to remove his Sim card from the phone that is when they normally change the original to the fufu phone which must been hiding inside handkerchief all along.

Lol. Too bad.
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 11, 2015
SeverusSnape:
The woman though...
Didn't she switch on the phone?...Sorry to say, but the woman is dull, Nokia X2 for that matter.
Only in Lagos
common I bought used bold 2 in 2012 for 10k na fufu dey inside I thought i was smart...... Those CV boys outplayed me, it can happen to anybody, funniest thing be say I traced them to their hangout only to find dem jolificating with my hard earned money. I come dey sweat like Christmas goat
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 11, 2015
ebosed:

I was once a victim. It can happen to the smarted dude here on nairaland. This is their modus operandi. The guy showed me the phone, it was fairly used. He created the impression that selling fairly used fones is illegal hence they want the deal done discretely. He showed me a good phone, I tested the phone with my SIM got confirmation of my internet setting from MTN. So I was sure, it is original I then paid N6k. For the fone. The market value for the new fone was 24k, he quickly disagreed that what he bargained with me was N20k. I got angry collected my money and my SIM and walked away, he quickly swaped the fone with the fufu prototype and came chasing after me and pleading that I should offer him N6k plus anything. And he would offer me the fone, he constantly reminded me that police don't like them around the market to create some kind of urgency, I quickly collected the fone and offer him 7k, he immediately dissappered without reconfirming the money I gave him, I actually offered him the same 6k, thinking I was smart. Then I walked away to avoid being noticed by police. When I tried putting the fone and it refused to come on, I opened the back of the fone and noticed it was packed. Full with a smelly white substance, I looked up and noticed the entire market was staring at me and laughing hysterically I felt . I never told my wife or anyone that happened to me.
seriously those market people will continue to gve a pitiful look....... naso one woman dey look me then, I dey laff am, I think say 'na bad bellee wey no want make I buy correct cheap fone... After dem Don scam she cme dey tell me say she no wn tlk say dem go beat am... I felt stupid after all d bossing up I dey do
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by SeverusSnape(m): 9:51pm On May 11, 2015
adedeji65:
common I bought used bold 2 in 2012 for 10k na fufu dey inside I thought i was smart...... Those CV boys outplayed me, it can happen to anybody, funniest thing be say I traced them to their hangout only to find dem jolificating with my hard earned money. I come dey sweat like Christmas goat
Hehehehehehehehehehe grin grin
Bros your own funny o, you have a point; anybody can fall a victim to this scammers, I've never been a victim though...
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by kenoz(m): 9:53pm On May 11, 2015
Na awoof purge her belle
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by nwadiuko1(m): 9:55pm On May 11, 2015
There is only one thing in common between a scammer and the scammed, it is :

GREED!
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 11, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Hehehehehehehehehehe grin grin
Bros your own funny o, you have a point; anybody can fall a victim to this scammers, I've never been a victim though...
infact i couldn't tell anybody cus 'na wash
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by bigass123(m): 9:55pm On May 11, 2015
but you dey laugh the otuoke woman.. E no good oh.

Stephanie21:
Lol I wudnt b laughin if it happened to me grin
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 11, 2015
betty202020:
But its not sensible for one to buy phone of all things without even booting it.
believe what anuoro said, when u approach dem u must fall for it.. It's a game of the mind... For me to fall for it.... It's not bout pride but anybody can fall for it... I wan chop d fufu sef.... Imagine I thought I outplayed dem... there were even tracing me to collect back the fufu which dey did.... No be Lagos?
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by ChynoBEATS: 10:01pm On May 11, 2015
SeverusSnape:
The woman though...
Didn't she switch on the phone?...Sorry to say, but the woman is dull, Nokia X2 for that matter.
Only in Lagos

Seems like you dont know that they use ju.ju
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by dunkem21(m): 10:06pm On May 11, 2015
Anyi3:

You guys don't know the trick. They show you a working phone. You test it and everything seems ok. When you pay, they use sleight of hand and insert the replica phone (filled with fufu) in your bag or nylon.

Fell victim once ooh, before people start thinking I follow de do am angry

You're right.
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by Medunah: 10:09pm On May 11, 2015
slyfoxxjoe:
She for go buy soup join..make e no be complete waste

hahaha grin, wikiid
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by Dubemkelly(m): 10:10pm On May 11, 2015
She looks like what's bought...Nigerians love cheaper things really
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by nwadiuko1(m): 10:18pm On May 11, 2015
Back in 2010 I nearly experienced this kinda stuff in ladipo..... I went to buy one nokia symbian phone that had buttons on the top lest and right (can't remember the model) after inspecting the phone and seeing that its alright but with a low battery... The young man selling it said he wants to copy the IMEI number so he can write on the receipt , I gave him the phone with 7k while he was writting he said the phone has shut down that I should charge it well when I reach home........my saving grace was dat I came with my nokia torch from where I brought my sim to test the phone's mouth and ear piece by calling someone......as the guy handed me d phone now in a nylon bag, I brought out the phone to take my sim back into my nokia torch.........na long lorry tyre grease full am.........can't recall how but after everything I got my money back and decided not to set foot into that market again
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by soji1992: 10:26pm On May 11, 2015
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by karkel(m): 10:35pm On May 11, 2015
lalasticlala:

is only new phone that the we tell u to charge it for some hours before using it.... . maybe the charmed her or she capital JB
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by Cherlene(f): 10:46pm On May 11, 2015
lalasticlala:
What would you do if you bought a phone only to discover that it is full of fufu?

This is the situation a woman in Lagos encountered.

An eyewitness shared the news on Twitter:

http://www.bellanaija.com/2015/05/11/lagos-woman-weeps-after-discovering-she-bought-phone-full-of-fufu/

Good evening

Naawh, such a HARSH encounter.

Would be DISCONTENTED.

Regarding what to DO, I'd solely hope God would do the NEEDED towards the VENDOR. To dodge the individual FROM DECEIVING OTHER POTENTIAL buyers.

Cherlene
Re: Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu by babestella: 11:11pm On May 11, 2015
No one will ever buy a phone without switching it on, never. Even a dunce will not do it. How can you sell me a phone and I will not at least on it to see what it looks like? Even if it's not charged, I will ask the seller to bring a charged battery so I can on it and see what's up.

I think this story was created to pull traffic to the site, period. I don't believe it still. Phone ad fufu?, please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Thought I Lost My Phone But This Man Returned It. (pic) / FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent / Etisalat Advert Of Don Jazzy And Olamide, Back To Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.