Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707631 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by gsun: 6:37pm On Jun 24, 2015
UNM bro@bigfrancis21. bigfrancis21 & Mystiqme, thank you both so much my email is omoraph2000@gmail.com

Here are the links:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/cctc.201300041/abstract
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp308976u
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/anie.201502206/abstract
http://pubs.rsc.org/en/Content/ArticleLanding/2014/GC/C4GC01152J#!divAbstract
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ma0704358
http://scitation.aip.org/content/sor/journal/jor2/56/2/10.1122/1.3690105

When I am through with making sense out of one or two of the papers as my little brain fit reach I will need help in that@Mystiqme

Thanks again

[i][/i]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by gsun: 6:41pm On Jun 24, 2015
Cool.I believe once your SAT is out you will make it. Best wishes bro.
SantaClause:

Thank you all for you contribution I shall wait for the SAT and then try again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by dremmy: 6:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
Hello peeps,
A secret Nairaland follower of this thread.
Got my F1 to study MPH @ ETSU this fall @ Lagos office.
They are having problems printing the Visas but I believe the issue would be resolved faster.
Meanwhile, anyone coming to ETSU this fall?
To folks applying to schools and the US Visa, I advice this thread be bookmarked on your internet page.
Thanks to this great family. cheers!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by pcbo: 6:45pm On Jun 24, 2015
SantaClause:
Transcript......
VO -good morning
Me -a very good morning sir
Vo -what are you going to the US for?
Me -to study for my Bachelors Degree program in computer science
Vo -were in U.S. You going
Me -Houston Texas
Vo -which university
Me -North America University Houston Texas
Vo -Did you apply any schools apart from this
Me -yes 3schools Oklahoma state university
East Tennessee state university
Vo -how admission did you get
Me -Oklahoma state university and North America university but East Tennessee state university is still pending.
Vo -how did you hear about this school
Me -during my SAT class I came across this paper which prove invaluable I did some digging by going to the school website and I impressed by the quality of the faculty.
Vo -Why this university instead of Oklahoma State university
Me -i have spoken to few international student and the assistant professor of computer scenice I was made to understand that in terms of education comparative NAU is standard.
Vo -do you have a SAT
Me -yes but unfortunately the score is not yet out.
Vo -who is sponsoring you?
Me -my guardian..he is my uncle
Vo -type for sometime and then said sorry you not qualify for the visa this time.

I don't know why and this is the school time I am being denied its really making me go crazy.

Your evidence didn't align with your story
1.Vo didn't understand why SAT scores are not out but you got admission based on SAT since collegeboard will alert you to your score before sending it to school
2.VO couldn't comprehend why you chose North American university over Oklahoma state ,when in terms of ranking it is no where near Oklahoma

In conclusion please work on reasons why you chose your university again
Good luck

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 7:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
bartino:
south dakota state university.
we near small, I sent u mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Urch1980(m): 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2015
Hi guys, new here, but heard a lot about how very useful it is. I have a problem with my ds-160. I was almost done with the filling of the form, but hadn't signed yet. I saved it so that I could retrieve later. But I have not been able to retrieve the form. I get the message: "error, your request could not be processed. The site administrator has been notified of this error. You do not need any further action. Click on retrieve to ..." That's what I get each time I want retrieve my application. Anyboody has or had this issue before, and how did you solve it. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 7:21pm On Jun 24, 2015
amanze15:
we near small, I sent u mail
yeah that's true I have responded.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Notonlyamerika: 7:34pm On Jun 24, 2015
sammynwaGod:
Oya it's my turn for testimony. visa approved at lagos consulate .... 6:30 batch. ..
Got in .. I was the second person to be interviewed at Window 9 ... by a Chinese American.... here it goes
me: Good morning
vo:good morning
vo: pass me your documents.
me: passed it through the tunnel.
vo: why are you going to America?
me: Am going to America to study for my bachelor's degree **with a smiling face*
vo: ooh bachelor's degree.
me: yes.
vo. what year did you finish high school.?
me: 2010
vo: what have you been doing since then?
me: after high school I worked at my dad's company, then in 2012....... I was cut short by the vo.
vo: who is paying for your flight?
me: my dad.
vo: what does your dad do?
me : his a business man. he own an automobile company.
vo: how much does he earn monthly.
me : his a business man , so he does not have a fixed monthly income but on an average he earn 700-1million per month.
vo:oohh 1million.
me: yes.
then he folded my ds160 form into my passport .. holding my i20 and sevis recipet.
vo : have you traveled out of Nigeria before.
me : no ..
vo:okay .. you would be needing your i20 at poe, you would notified within a week to pick up your visa at the circled location. ... he passed me my i20 and told me have a nice day....
it was God ... I wasn't asked to show any document ... he denied the first woman I think she's going to visit her husband's friend...
God bless you all.
Truly, it was ur turn. Have a nice stay in the land of opportunities.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 24, 2015
HoneyBronzed:

Lagos Station is back online, US embassy just released a statement so if you did yours in Lagos, you should be getting your visa soon.
Yes i said it. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Notonlyamerika: 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
SantaClause:
Transcript......
VO -good morning
Me -to study for my Bachelors Degree program in computer science
Vo -were in U.S. You going
Me -Houston Texas
Vo -which university
Me -North America University Houston Texas
Vo -Did you apply any schools apart from this
Me -yes 3schools Oklahoma state university
East Tennessee state university
Vo -how admission did you get
Me -Oklahoma state university and North America university but East Tennessee state university is still pending.
Vo -how did you hear about this school
Me -during my SAT class I came across this paper which prove invaluable I did some digging by going to the school website and I impressed by the quality of the faculty.
Vo -Why this university instead of Oklahoma State university
Me -i have spoken to few international student and the assistant professor of computer scenice I was made to understand that in terms of education comparative NAU is standard.
Vo -do you have a SAT
Me -yes but unfortunately the score is not yet out.
Vo -who is sponsoring you?
Me -my guardian..he is my uncle
Vo -type for sometime and then said sorry you not qualify for the visa this time.

I don't know why and this is the school time I am being denied its really making me go crazy.

Vo didn't trust you because u illustrated how u came to know about ur uni through ur SAT class, after then were asked about SAT, but couldn't provide it (not yet out). VOs know that real admissions are contingent upon SAT. So make sure you have ur SAT available in ur next interview.

On the other hand, why didn't u refer ur sponsor as 'uncle' only, and have cogent reasons why he's sponsoring you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Notonlyamerika: 8:18pm On Jun 24, 2015
scriptwriter19:
Hello House, Visa delay @ the Us Embassy today, 6:30am
Transcript as follows

VO -good morning
Me -to pursue a masters degree in public administration
Vo -were in the U.S. are you going
Me -Tennessee State
Vo -which university
Me -East Tennessee State University
Vo -How did you find out this school
Me -through google, us news streamlining my search with my intended course of study
Vo -who will be paying for your studies
Me -i have a scholarship but my mum will be paying the rest of the fees
Vo -(looking @ my i-20) How much is the scholarship for
Me -11,400USD
Vo -What does your mum do
Me -told him
Vo -how much does she make in a month?
Me -told him
Vo -do you know anybody in the US?
Me -No

The guy just types for over a min on his computer, the long wait almost killed me, looks at me and gives me back the documents and says, i'm sorry but you do not qualify for a visa at this time.

Didn't ask for any document though.

Called the embassy when i got to work to know the actual reason for the denial and they asked me to call back tomorrow (might as well know what i said wrong)

My question now is, does the fact that previous applied for a B1 visa (denied) last year affect my chances of getting a student visa this year?

Ur transcript is a bit cagey. Try to tell us what u told the VO, because d way I see it, these unknown info were what kicked u out. So comply, so that the gurus on this thred can pick out the flaws in ur transcript.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 24, 2015
@Santa, sorry for your denial! "A loser today can be a winner tomorrow".

The CO asked if you took SAT, you ought to have kept your mouth shut after saying yes, and not "yes but the result is not yet out". What do you mean by that? Did he ask to see your result? Obviously not. Sometimes VOs ask about standardized test to know if you're really serious.

Also, the reason you gave about the school you chose weren't enough. So, he concentrated on the other school you were admitted to.

And finally, your sponsorship. Don't say your guardian. Simply say your "Uncle" and make what he does for living to sound cool. The visa would be yours next time. I totally believe!

Have a great day!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 24, 2015
Thank you all for your contribution...I really do appreciate. My score will be out tomorrow and I will be rescheduling for another. I shall find answers to why I prefer the one am going for.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 24, 2015
dremmy:
Hello peeps,
They are having problems printing the Visas but I believe the issue would be resolved faster.
To folks applying to schools and the US Visa, I advice this thread be bookmarked on your internet page.
go and apply to the IBB buc buddy program. I school in ETSU
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by onuawuchi: 9:18pm On Jun 24, 2015
Wow! My options keeps widening and getting confusing. I just got admitted into my first choice university after waiting forever for their admission decision. God has been amazingly good to me this year. #UniversityofUtah

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Yomi777: 9:24pm On Jun 24, 2015
dremmy:
Hello peeps,
But is not bad if u also share ur transcript here for others to learn from. Am also going to ETSU

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 9:54pm On Jun 24, 2015
pls my ogas dem...
my dad wna transfer his 4.5mill gtb savings(time deposit acc) to his current acc in same gtb,,and also he wna pay 2million from zenith fix deposit to d gtb current..he also has additional 2million stached somewere n he wants to add it to d gtb current acc so dat it will amount to 8.5mill ..so that by next month e cud print d statement of 8.5mill so i can take to d embassy..pls is it ok n hope its not money lodging .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 24, 2015
warriboy21:
pls my ogas dem...
my dad wna transfer his 4.5mill gtb savings(time deposit acc) to his current acc in same gtb,,and also he wna pay 2million from zenith fix deposit to d gtb current..he also has additional 2million stached somewere n he wants to add it to d gtb current acc so dat it will amount to 8.5mill ..so that by next month e cud print d statement of 8.5mill so i can take to d embassy..pls is it ok n hope its not money lodging .

It is. Let him maintain his separate bank accounts and give you the bank statements like that.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by charzyh2: 10:03pm On Jun 24, 2015
sammynwaGod:
Oya it's my turn for testimony. visa approved at lagos consulate .... 6:30 batch. ..
Got in .. I was the second person to be interviewed at Window 9 ... by a Chinese American.... here it goes

So cheap? Congratulobia!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djhaysparcz: 10:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
Good evening everyone I am new on this forum but I have been secretly following all the post under this thread. I have my LL.b degree here in nigeria and I hope to further my studies by proceeding to the us for my llm. I kindly need assistance on how to go about gre exam and how to secure financial assistance to make my dream a reality (full funding preferably) and the schools I have in mind are uni of Houston school of Law and uni of austin both in texas.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 11:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
DeeTus:
It is. Let him maintain his separate bank accounts and give you the bank statements like that.

ok thanks..but they dont accept fix deposit statement at the embassy...so wat do i do

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by f8luv87: 11:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
How can I schedule an appointment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by f8luv87: 11:33pm On Jun 24, 2015
If I pay to Gtbank,do I need any document to schedule an appointment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by gsun: 11:58pm On Jun 24, 2015
Thanks guys for your kindness. I have been sent the papers from a forum member
gsun:
UNM bro@bigfrancis21. bigfrancis21 & Mystiqme, thank you both so much my email is omoraph2000@gmail.com

Here are the links:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/cctc.201300041/abstract
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp308976u
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/anie.201502206/abstract
http://pubs.rsc.org/en/Content/ArticleLanding/2014/GC/C4GC01152J#!divAbstract
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ma0704358
http://scitation.aip.org/content/sor/journal/jor2/56/2/10.1122/1.3690105

When I am through with making sense out of one or two of the papers as my little brain fit reach I will need help in that@Mystiqme

Thanks again

[i][/i]

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ridimic1: 12:12am On Jun 25, 2015
my sponsor gave me zenith and access bank 2 separate accounts soa ...one acount name contains his initials but the others didnt,,eg..zenith acc name is okoro isaac,,,while acess bank acc name is okoro eseoghene isaac.....

will it raise hiccups at the embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by nairapolice: 12:31am On Jun 25, 2015
Visa granted today in lagos...Mo sope
V.O: Where are u going in U.S
Me: FIU for MSC Biotechnology
V.o: Why biotechnology
Me: Because of Ebola, i want to fight the dreaded disease
V.o: Have you been to U.S before
Me: I have been to U.S more than you yourself(hisses)
V.o: Sorry if you got pissed off by that question. Your visa is approved bla bla bla
Me: Thats good. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by darkola: 1:47am On Jun 25, 2015
nairapolice:
Visa granted today in lagos...Mo sope
V.O: Where are u going in U.S
Me: FIU for MSC Biotechnology
V.o: Why biotechnology
Me: Because of Ebola, i want to fight the dreaded disease
V.o: Have you been to U.S before
Me: I have been to U.S more than you yourself(hisses)
V.o: Sorry if you got pissed off by that question. Your visa is approved bla bla bla
Me: Thats good. Thanks

You be clown o. They go suspect you as ebola patient if u no dey careful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kessel: 1:59am On Jun 25, 2015
Good day everyone. I want to use this opportunity to say thank you to everyone who has contributed in this forum. Ve been a silent follower for sometime until now. I ve been making some research about doing MSc in United States and the responses and advice from this forum has really been helpful.
Here is my issue.... am a registered nurse in Nigeria seeking to do my MSc and also practice in the USA and a friend over there told me one of the best way was to come with a visiting visa and as soon as I crossed that the visa can be changed to student visa over there and then I can seek for an admission. I really don't know the possibility of that. I really will appreciate if great minds here can shed more light on this. Thanks.
.... .. She also said a friend would be doing his wedding wt a US citizen so d dude will be traveling with his grooms from Nigeria and he charged 1million to add me as one of his groom and then we go to embassy as a group so that the visa won't be refused I don't know if the price is a fair one or if I ve other option of getting a visiting visa would be cheaper. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by lordoftherings: 2:38am On Jun 25, 2015
Jesus is Lord, To the above poster. chukwu aju cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by seedord247(m): 3:21am On Jun 25, 2015
kessel:
Good day everyone. I want to use this opportunity to say thank you to everyone who has contributed in this forum. Ve been a silent follower for sometime until now. I ve been making some research about doing MSc in United States and the responses and advice from this forum has really been helpful.
Here is my issue.... am a registered nurse in Nigeria seeking to do my MSc and also practice in the USA and a friend over there told me one of the best way was to come with a visiting visa and as soon as I crossed that the visa can be changed to student visa over there and then I can seek for an admission. I really don't know the possibility of that. I really will appreciate if great minds here can shed more light on this. Thanks.
.... .. She also said a friend would be doing his wedding wt a US citizen so d dude will be traveling with his grooms from Nigeria and he charged 1million to add me as one of his groom and then we go to embassy as a group so that the visa won't be refused I don't know if the price is a fair one or if I ve other option of getting a visiting visa would be cheaper. Thanks in anticipation.

1. No two words to describe it, it's SCAM broo.

2. You cant change from visitor (B1 visa) to student (F1 visa) lai lai koo joor

3. If you take the path most of us here have taken, i doubt if you will be spending upto $1000 except for flight.

3. Take your time and go through all the pages on this thread, i promised you, you wont regret it.

4. 1 milla is alot bro unless you have money to waste.. You can go ahead and dash that swindler

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 3:21am On Jun 25, 2015
kessel:
1 million naira to add you his groom men list. That is gross. shocked

Broad day light scam. This your friend is bad and you need to stay away. 1 million because he wants you to add to a freaking ass list when there's a 80% chances that you will be denied. You know what, not everyone in usa are well to do, you friend needs your money because she saw how desperate you are. Read through this thread and see how you will apply for MSc, it's only obvious you are looking for the next route to leave naija. Don't fall into wrong hands. Safe

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by SAMadex11(m): 5:15am On Jun 25, 2015
kessel:

Jesus Christ!!!!!!!! One million Naira? For visiting Visa? Please my brother don`t open your two eye and enter canal, this is Life scammer.
Chai, Chai, Chai. God dey oooooooooooooooo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.