Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (706303 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Denvan: 9:40pm On Jul 23, 2015
Still basking in the euphoria of my visa approval yesterday.

Scheduled for 9am, but arrived few minutes past 7. Had to wait till to ten b4 we were called. (I was already annoyed bcause I dnt like waiting and waiting and hearing discouraging words from pple, especially wen I hv an examinatn or interview; prefer to just come, go in and do business...). Anyway, gat no choice but to relax.

I was with my bag containing my laptop and other belongings and hv resolved not to keep it with those women hustling outside the embassy; one of them took sbd's bag and just hanged it on a tree while she continues to attend to other customers buying food frm her... for my mind, make I give u my bag, make another person carry am go and u go come tell me story or worst still, u run away...

Anyway, got inside and after a long wait and queue, it was my turn at window 9. Here was what transpired...

ME: Good morning ma
VO: (Did not answer)...pass me your DS 160 and Pport...., I did
VO: What about your Form I-20...., I passed it also
VO: Where are u going for your Masters?
ME: Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey
VO: Why Rutgers?
ME: Rutgers is the best school in New Jersey
VO: (cut in..) As in? What did u say?
I gave d same answer, and she repeated the same question. (I was thinking maybe because I was stuttering cause I am a stammarer so she did not hear me clearly or perhaps she is doubting my assertion that Rutgers is d best or sth.... so I quickly rephrased and stylishly moved to other cogent reasons...)
ME: Rutgers is one of the best schools in US with a faculty/student ratio of 1/13. It is highly rated in terms of Engineering especially in my field (Energy systems)
VO: (Looks at my Form-I20) But your Form I-20 shows that u are going for a Masters in Mechanical Engineering (design and control)!!
ME: Yes. Design and control of Energy Systems
VO: Ok, tell me about it.
ME: The world survives and thrives on energy. Energy generation, storage and control is essential for human existence and as such every avenue to generate it must be harnessd. I hope to major in energy generation from vibrating bodies, knowing fully well that every object vibrates continuously, though at different frequencies.
VO: Who is sponsoring u?
ME: I got a scholarship from my state government and my brother will be co sponsoring.
VO: Got any document to show?
ME: Sure. (Gave her the account statement and the scholarship letter)
VO: (scan through the documents and passed them to me....started typing....
(me I just they look...for my mind, tell me those golden words.......)
Your visa is approved, take your Form I-20, you will need it at the point of entry bla bla bla...
ME: (smiles...) Thanks and walked away majestically

I want to sincerely appreciate everyone of us for our contributions to this thread. Special thanks to Slimmy and Darklight...u guys are wonderful.
Success to those that are going soon; u will also come here to testify.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 23, 2015
profdot:

@ slimmy, do they award those positions to newly admitted students? I doubt if they do as those conditions stated for those positions won't be met by new students.
you can continue to doubt

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 23, 2015
Congrats denvan
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 9:53pm On Jul 23, 2015
bbdd:

I know a couple of friends who got in through usmle
Will ask them for concrete info.

However, off hand I know that usmle is divided into three parts.
Step 1, step 2, step 3
Step 1 is available in Ghana but the remaining steps must be written in the US. Step 1 is a clinical knowledge step which is called CK.
Step 2 is clinical skills which is called CS.

Step 2 is the most important as that is what you need to fulfil a requirement for ecf certification. (will confirm the full name)
IMGs or international medical graduates must have this certification before search and matching can be done. It's a long painstaking process this is just what I know.

Also the foreign medical school in which the person who wants to apply for residency is from, must be certified among ecf certified. Also it must have certain credits.

Well, this is the little I know. I'll confirm from my resident friend by weekend.

Actually step 1 is the most important. Your score in that makes a difference when matching is done.
Also, the 3 steps are Step 1, Step2 CK and CS, Step 3
The question should be.. is the person trying to get an F-1 visa for kaplan? or is the person a US resident /citizen already?...they have liveprep,centerprep,deluxeprep,completeprep for those hoping to get an I-20 for the program.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:07pm On Jul 23, 2015
Nabylet:

Someone just paid for it yesterday evening tongue

Dont tell me this joor, Just go and return the money back grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:09pm On Jul 23, 2015
happney65:

Am so so happy for you..Was like Wahooo when i saw your testimony..Now i believe dreams come true..It does..As for that big head Wale wey call himself Walspring,He is next and we are both celebrating it together..Your Testimony and confidence during the days to your interview is just off the hook..read your quotes on the days to your interview and was like this babe is just off the hook..Have re-read your transcripts over and over again.Now,tell all those "brodas" for your church say you are gone for good..Make them no think say this Babe dey come back for them ohh..Tel it to their ears say na "Oyinbo" una wan marry make them no talk say one person come disappoint them..Just dont marry someone from donald trump Family or else,una go born kolo children..Or wait ohhh,Abi you go marry walspring nii? grin grin grin grin

Which question be this? You no read say nah Oyinbo she wan marry with blue eyes and pink lips?

Do i have that

Maybe i will bleach my eyes and do pink lips to match her requirement abi

U no try at all grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:09pm On Jul 23, 2015
kennyrony:

See question, Walspring na Oyibo ni

No mind that yeye dude
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:11pm On Jul 23, 2015
Denvan:

Scheduled for 9am, but arrived few minutes past 7. Had to wait till to ten b4 we were called. (I was already annoyed bcause I dnt like waiting and waiting and hearing discouraging words from pple, especially wen I hv an examinatn or interview; prefer to just come, go in and do business...). Anyway, gat no choice but to relax.

I was with my bag containing my laptop and other belongings and hv resolved not to keep it with those women hustling outside the embassy; one of them took sbd's bag and just hanged it on a tree while she continues to attend to other customers buying food frm her... for my mind, make I give u my bag, make another person carry am go and u go come tell me story or worst still, u run away...

Anyway, got inside and after a long wait and queue, it was my turn at window 9. Here was what transpired...

I gave d same answer, and she repeated the same question. (I was thinking maybe because I was stuttering cause I am a stammarer so she did not hear me clearly or perhaps she is doubting my assertion that Rutgers is d best or sth.... so I quickly rephrased and stylishly moved to other cogent reasons...)
ME: Rutgers is one of the best schools in US with a faculty/student ratio of 1/13. It is highly rated in terms of Engineering especially in my field (Energy systems)
VO: (Looks at my Form-I20) But your Form I-20 shows that u are going for a Masters in Mechanical Engineering (design and control)!!
ME: The world survives and thrives on energy. Energy generation, storage and control is essential for human existence and as such every avenue to generate it must be harnessd. I hope to major in energy generation from vibrating bodies, knowing fully well that every object vibrates continuously, though at different frequencies.
ME: I got a scholarship from my state government and my brother will be co sponsoring.
Your visa is approved, take your Form I-20, you will need it at the point of entry bla bla bla...

I want to sincerely appreciate everyone of us for our contributions to this thread. Special thanks to Slimmy and Darklight...u guys are wonderful.

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 10:20pm On Jul 23, 2015
Walspring:

Which question be this? You no read say nah Oyinbo she wan marry with blue eyes and pink lips?

Do i have that

Maybe i will bleach my eyes and do pink lips to match her requirement abi

U no try at all grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin.Just thinking say una fit get naa..U know say u be Fine Boy..Folake sends her greetings.. grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:24pm On Jul 23, 2015
happney65:

grin grin grin grin grin.Just thinking say una fit get naa..U know say u be Fine Boy..Folake sends her greetings.. grin grin

Lol... you dey whine me abi

Greet Folake back for me and hope she don accept your proposal
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ridimic1: 10:27pm On Jul 23, 2015
Denvan:

Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 10:27pm On Jul 23, 2015
Walspring:

Lol... you dey whine me abi

Greet Folake back for me and hope she don accept your proposal

grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 23, 2015
Denvan:

Congratulations, boss!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Cyclotron: 10:47pm On Jul 23, 2015
Visa approved @ the US Embassy, Abuja yesterday.

Got there around 6:30am packaged like a Jehova's witness with my documents' bag.

@7:30 am, we were checked in and did the biometric stuffs.
Fully composed waiting for my turn to reach, I was suddenly thrown off balance with the way people were denied espcially in window 8 (young white lady). Anyway, I decided to catch some fun with some funny stuffs going on there in order to regain my confidence.
(a woman pretended assumed to understand and speak only Igbo language, but when her visa was approved; she asked the attendant/usher why the VO seized her passport 'in pure English' grin ). .........
...It was certain that I would be interviewed by the 'window 8' lady, I tried using the 'toilet formula' but she was still very busy arguing about 'domestic violence' with one man there (for my mind.."oga no gree oh"wink.
The lady @ window 7 then called..

VO:.... (still smiling due to her conversation with the lady she just approved).
Me:....(confidence loading...99%)
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning ( passed my documents)
VO: Have you been to US before?
Me: No
VO: Why this school?.
Me: It offers excellent research opportunities which tallies with my research interest.
VO: I can see you are going for masters in chemistry.
Me: Yes ma
VO: Why this program?
Me: I intend to be a lecturer upon the completion of this program,..( she starts nodding, still looking @ her computer...then continued typing).. so this program will equip me with the knowledge and research skills necessary for me to succeed as a lecturer.
VO: ...(glanced through my I-20 )..Wow! You got a very nice funding from the school.
VO: May I ####
Me: Pardon.. (..didn't hear what she said)
VO:....(..comes closer to the mic now).. May I see your funding letter please.
Me: Ok....(passed the letter to her)
VO:.....(she perused it, then started nodding like agama lizard)
Me:...(hmm...Obago!!!)
VO: Your Visa has been approved...(she kept on talking but I didn't hear any other thing apart from when she was showing me the resumption date...)
Me: ..(now nodding like the real agama lizard cheesy , ... trying to make sure she doesn't mistakenly pass me my passport) Thank you!!

Very big thanks to Slimmy (de living saint), Seedord (Mr incredible), Profojah( Honorable Professor/Prophet), Bbdd(Mr 'who send you work' cheesy ) Bigfrancis (Chief chef), Walspring, Darklight, Kennyrony, Imperioux, MsNas, Zee..... abeg una plenty!! God bless you all.
Success to those awaiting theirs.

God bless Nairaland !!!

14 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 23, 2015
Cyclotron:

Got there around 6:30am packaged like a Jehova's witness with my documents' bag.

Fully composed waiting for my turn to reach, I was suddenly thrown off balance with the way people were denied espcially in window 8 (young white lady). Anyway, I decided to catch some fun with some funny stuffs going on there in order to regain my confidence.
(a woman pretended assumed to understand and speak only Igbo language, but when her visa was approved; she asked the attendant/usher why the VO seized her passport 'in pure English' grin ). .........
...It was certain that I would be interviewed by the 'window 8' lady, I tried using the 'toilet formula' but she was still very busy arguing about 'domestic violence' with one man there (for my mind.."oga no gree oh"wink.

VO:.... (still smiling due to her conversation with the lady she just approved).
Me: It offers excellent research opportunities which tallies with my research interest.
Me: I intend to be a lecturer upon the completion of this program,..( she starts nodding, still looking @ her computer...then continued typing).. so this program will equip me with the knowledge and research skills necessary for me to succeed as a lecturer.
VO: ...(glanced through my I-20 )..Wow! You got a very nice funding from the school.
VO: Your Visa has been approved...(she kept on talking but I didn't hear any other thing apart from when she was showing me the resumption date...)
Me: ..(now nodding like the real agama lizard cheesy , ... trying to make sure she doesn't mistakenly pass me my passport) Thank you!!

Very big thanks to Slimmy (de living saint), Seedord (Mr incredible), Profojah( Honorable Professor/Prophet), Bbdd(Mr 'who send you work' cheesy ) Bigfrancis (Chief chef), Walspring, Darklight, Kennyrony, Imperioux, MsNas, Zee..... abeg una plenty!! God bless you all.

God bless Nairaland !!!
Congratulations bro..
Hope your school has rectified the error on the i20 about your school code?..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 10:59pm On Jul 23, 2015
Cyclotron:

God bless Nairaland !!!

Lol
Congrats man!!!! Best wishes ahead.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:59pm On Jul 23, 2015
happney65:

grin grin grin grin

You no wan answer me abi

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

lemme know if she dont grant you admission in her community college... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Busconductor: 11:01pm On Jul 23, 2015
Good day lads,

Please I have Some questions for the folks already in the land of opportunities

1) please as an international student under 18( will be 17 later this year) will I be able to open an account when I get there.

2) what type communication network would I be able to use. Would I be eligible for the main networks like sprint, AT&T and co , or would I have to go solo on some indie networks.

Cc slimmy05 walspring imperiouxx profojah

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Cyclotron: 11:01pm On Jul 23, 2015
profojah:

Congratulations bro..
Hope your school has rectified the error on the i20 about your school code?..

Yes bro, they apologised for the error...it was just a typo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by scriptwriter19: 11:04pm On Jul 23, 2015
slimmy05:
Its better you get it filled in Nigeria. But there is a place you can have the MMR shot for free here. You will have to do a TB test which cost around $100-200 can't really remember, but once you pay for your insurance, it will cover the cost. House is not cheap anywhere bro, but you can get a 2 bedroom for like $500 to $600 and share with someone. Usually hard getting accommodation cheaper and closer to school. All the best

Bro, please how can I search for accommodation in the area from here, got any link?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Cyclotron: 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2015
bbdd:

Lol
Congrats man!!!! Best wishes ahead.

Thanks Boss!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2015
Cyclotron:

Yes bro, they apologised for the error...it was just a typo
Gbayi....Your head is valid
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 11:10pm On Jul 23, 2015
Walspring:

You no wan answer me abi

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

lemme know if she dont grant you admission in her community college... grin grin grin grin grin grin

Community college koo,Polytechnic Nii.. grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 23, 2015
Cyclotron:

God bless Nairaland !!!

Congratulations, boss! Soar higher!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:16pm On Jul 23, 2015
Busconductor:
Good day lads,

Please I have Some questions for the folks already in the land of opportunities

1) please as an international student under 18( will be 17 later this year) will I be able to open an account when I get there.

2) what type communication network would I be able to use. Would I be eligible for the main networks like sprint, AT&T and co , or would I have to go solo on some indie networks.

Cc slimmy05 walspring imperiouxx profojah

Thanks.

Yes you can open account but see your school advisor for more information

Plenty network boku for there, just get a plan that suit you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Cyclotron: 11:16pm On Jul 23, 2015
profojah:

Gbayi....Your head is valid

Lol

Thank God its not 'inserted'. cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:16pm On Jul 23, 2015
happney65:

Community college koo,Polytechnic Nii.. grin grin

Lol... Lol... Lol....

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 23, 2015
Spanishmario:

Haven't contacted them yet buh yu can check d graduate school...

Their offer covers tuition scholarships nd stipends...

@ adewoleray/ Spanishmario,
What course and field of study are you guys intending? And what semester/ year are you looking at?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Busconductor: 11:18pm On Jul 23, 2015
Walspring:

Yes you can open account but see your school advisor for more information

Plenty network boku for there, just get a plan that suit you
Thanks....but if I may ask, which network do you use?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Cyclotron: 11:20pm On Jul 23, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Congratulations, boss! Soar higher!

Thanks smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 23, 2015
finestcash:
i was denied july 8, by a white vo at lagos consulate.....i am 23 going for barchelors.....what are my chances of getting the visa if i reapply pls i need your advise

@ finestcash,
Your chances of getting visa, is nothing else but God. Get on your kneels and pray. I've been there. Need not talk much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:23pm On Jul 23, 2015
penroll55:

Send me a pm so I can forward one to you.

Thanks big boss..

I already send you pm

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.