Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,322 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707691 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:24pm On Jul 23, 2015
fregkay:
I am a slient follower of this thread and sincerely,your experiences have done good to me.At this point I want to thank everyone here for your wonderful contributions that's been helpful to those who got their visas even thou I was delayed on the 21st july the same day my good friend @gik56 got his visa congrats bro,and also to another friend olaolu who got his visa yesterday,congrats bro.I know am getting it with EASE the next time by God's grace...SHALOM!

Big boss, Dont worry and dont think too much because everyone have their own time for everything in life..

Post your transcript and let big boss help you out so that you can re-fire back
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:24pm On Jul 23, 2015
BloodyMitch:
Visa approved this morning at Abuja.

Transcript
VO: so why your uni
ME: because its ranked as a tier 1 university and US news its Environmental Engineering Program is ranked in the top 50 schools in the nation. The school is also known for its engineering programs.
Also Dr Susan is conducting an experiement using bacterias to treat wastewater whilst generating electricity n has agreed for me to be in her research group as this is in the same area in which i worked on in my MSc research on Advanced Oxidation Processes for Wastewater treatment. Now she was lookin at me like wowwwww am sure she ddnt knw wat i was saying.
VO: where did you do ur masters
Me: in the UK
VO: who is sponsoring you
Me: My Aunt.
VO: is she d same 1 dt sponsored ur MSc, i said yes
VO: u ve a sister in the US where does she stay i answered philadelphia.
VO: okay ur visa has been approved n all dem long talk.

That was it oooo no documents was asked of me nt evb gre or dem bank statement or sevis ish.

Thank you all that responded to my questions and for those that shared their transcript, I appreciate.

PS: dnt go forming too serious or too formal they will know ure desperate to go to the US, dress corporate casual or casual no need for any corporate wears

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:26pm On Jul 23, 2015
elmadavida:

I saw it on a blog as part of documents to take to the POE.
My school requires some proof of immunization before registering for classes. I don't know if I can do it here or will have to do it when I get to the school.

Is better you tell your school that you can get it done here and no need to come and do it over there because it expensive over there so that it can save cost for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:27pm On Jul 23, 2015
Busconductor:

Thanks....but if I may ask, which network do you use?

Airtel the One Sim network grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:32pm On Jul 23, 2015
finestcash:
i was denied july 8, by a white vo at lagos consulate.....i am 23 going for barchelors.....what are my chances of getting the visa if i reapply pls i need your advise

Kindly post your transcript and you will see more chances of you getting the visa if you reapply and dont give up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:33pm On Jul 23, 2015
coobboy:
When i got my visa approved i was happy, now im leaving, im crying, what a life..... . sad i hope good stands for me ahead of my journey ijn....

Eyah.... Sorry but it is tears of joy for a new life and new environment..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Busconductor: 11:34pm On Jul 23, 2015
Walspring:

Airtel the One Sim network grin grin grin
undecided undecided undecided shocked I taught your in Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:37pm On Jul 23, 2015
slimmy05:
Since I became their PRO on nairaland. At least I will have enough naija people here.

Soon you will still become their President on nairaland as well.. grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:38pm On Jul 23, 2015
mbeenox:
Seems everyone going to ETSU got a scholarship or funding, why I no hear about this school while I was applying cry

The good news is that you can still apply and its never too late
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:38pm On Jul 23, 2015
godG:

Yaga! At last, my shayo! grin Thanks, Sir Imperiouxx. You all have been wonderful! God is indeed great. One thing I know is this: your years, dreams, and everything yours will always be blessed. God will always take care of you and yours! Thank you, sir.

A very big Amen oooooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:39pm On Jul 23, 2015
haffikem:
is everybody going to ETSU ??

so no one is going to Louisiana

It seems no one is going to Louisiana, maybe if they step up with their package, am sure people will start coming
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:40pm On Jul 23, 2015
Busconductor:

undecided undecided undecided shocked I taught your in Obamaland

Not yet but real soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:41pm On Jul 23, 2015
@bayocanny

I sight you big boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Busconductor: 11:55pm On Jul 23, 2015
Walspring:

Not yet but real soon
Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bayocanny: 12:23am On Jul 24, 2015
Walspring:
@bayocanny

I sight you big boss
I hail ooo my boss major the slayer of agent of darkness grin, I remain loyal sir have been busy lately that's why I don't get in touch abeg forgive your boy oo
That happney guy na badoo he sha wan put sand for your garri, he wan make u join him in his MINISTRY OF WOMEN AFFAIRS no mind him joor. Folake don give him red card hahaha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ridimic1: 12:28am On Jul 24, 2015
Cyclotron:
Visa approved @ the US Embassy, Abuja yesterday.

Got there around 6:30am packaged like a Jehova's witness with my documents' bag.

@7:30 am, we were checked in and did the biometric stuffs.
Fully composed waiting for my turn to reach, I was suddenly thrown off balance with the way people were denied espcially in window 8 (young white lady). Anyway, I decided to catch some fun with some funny stuffs going on there in order to regain my confidence.
(a woman pretended assumed to understand and speak only Igbo language, but when her visa was approved; she asked the attendant/usher why the VO seized her passport 'in pure English' grin ). .........
...It was certain that I would be interviewed by the 'window 8' lady, I tried using the 'toilet formula' but she was still very busy arguing about 'domestic violence' with one man there (for my mind.."oga no gree oh"wink.
The lady @ window 7 then called..

VO:.... (still smiling due to her conversation with the lady she just approved).
Me:....(confidence loading...99%)
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning ( passed my documents)
VO: Have you been to US before?
Me: No
VO: Why this school?.
Me: It offers excellent research opportunities which tallies with my research interest.
VO: I can see you are going for masters in chemistry.
Me: Yes ma
VO: Why this program?
Me: I intend to be a lecturer upon the completion of this program,..( she starts nodding, still looking @ her computer...then continued typing).. so this program will equip me with the knowledge and research skills necessary for me to succeed as a lecturer.
VO: ...(glanced through my I-20 )..Wow! You got a very nice funding from the school.
Me: Yes ma
VO: May I ####
Me: Pardon.. (..didn't hear what she said)
VO:....(..comes closer to the mic now).. May I see your funding letter please.
Me: Ok....(passed the letter to her)
VO:.....(she perused it, then started nodding like agama lizard)
Me:...(hmm...Obago!!!)
VO: Your Visa has been approved...(she kept on talking but I didn't hear any other thing apart from when she was showing me the resumption date...)
Me: ..(now nodding like the real agama lizard cheesy , ... trying to make sure she doesn't mistakenly pass me my passport) Thank you!!

Very big thanks to Slimmy (de living saint), Seedord (Mr incredible), Profojah( Honorable Professor/Prophet), Bbdd(Mr 'who send you work' cheesy ) Bigfrancis (Chief chef), Walspring, Darklight, Kennyrony, Imperioux, MsNas, Zee..... abeg una plenty!! God bless you all.
Success to those awaiting theirs.

God bless Nairaland !!!
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Cyclotron: 12:55am On Jul 24, 2015
ridimic1:

Congratulations
Thanks smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by finestcash: 1:28am On Jul 24, 2015
I was interviewed by a female vo with blonde hair I think window 6
Me-goodmorning
Vo-goodmorning
Me- passed d i20 and passport to her
Vo-why did u choose dis university
Me-i had four admission from 4 different university (mentiond dem n dere location) but dis university gave me dis course which is a bit of wat d other three university gave me (vo cuts in said ok).though I had second point
Vo-when did u finish high school
Me-2008
Vo-what av u being doing since then
Me-i finished highschool 2008 waited due to strike n verification of result in my l.g.a 2010 took a level classes 2011 to 2014 did a diploma in dis course from yct so as to have a proper foundation for a degree program.2014 prepared for sat with kaplan n barron textbook.
Vo- what will dis degree do for u
Me-d degree will give me d ability to manage finances and since d prospect of d course is very high in my country n its demanded many organization both in private n public sector den gettinf a job will be quite easier for me.
Vo-who is ur sponser
Me-my dad
Vo-wat is he into
Me-civil engineering n construction
Vo-(types like person wey battery wan finish for him laptop)
Me-waiting n looking at her
Vo-handed a blue paper to me n told me am nt eligible
Me-for my mind @ dis age am nt eligible left with holy anger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 1:47am On Jul 24, 2015
Denvan:
Still basking in the euphoria of my visa approval yesterday.

Scheduled for 9am, but arrived few minutes past 7. Had to wait till to ten b4 we were called. (I was already annoyed bcause I dnt like waiting and waiting and hearing discouraging words from pple, especially wen I hv an examinatn or interview; prefer to just come, go in and do business...). Anyway, gat no choice but to relax.

I was with my bag containing my laptop and other belongings and hv resolved not to keep it with those women hustling outside the embassy; one of them took sbd's bag and just hanged it on a tree while she continues to attend to other customers buying food frm her... for my mind, make I give u my bag, make another person carry am go and u go come tell me story or worst still, u run away...

Anyway, got inside and after a long wait and queue, it was my turn at window 9. Here was what transpired...

ME: Good morning ma
VO: (Did not answer)...pass me your DS 160 and Pport...., I did
VO: What about your Form I-20...., I passed it also
VO: Where are u going for your Masters?
ME: Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey
VO: Why Rutgers?
ME: Rutgers is the best school in New Jersey
VO: (cut in..) As in? What did u say?
I gave d same answer, and she repeated the same question. (I was thinking maybe because I was stuttering cause I am a stammarer so she did not hear me clearly or perhaps she is doubting my assertion that Rutgers is d best or sth.... so I quickly rephrased and stylishly moved to other cogent reasons...)
ME: Rutgers is one of the best schools in US with a faculty/student ratio of 1/13. It is highly rated in terms of Engineering especially in my field (Energy systems)
VO: (Looks at my Form-I20) But your Form I-20 shows that u are going for a Masters in Mechanical Engineering (design and control)!!
ME: Yes. Design and control of Energy Systems
VO: Ok, tell me about it.
ME: The world survives and thrives on energy. Energy generation, storage and control is essential for human existence and as such every avenue to generate it must be harnessd. I hope to major in energy generation from vibrating bodies, knowing fully well that every object vibrates continuously, though at different frequencies.
VO: Who is sponsoring u?
ME: I got a scholarship from my state government and my brother will be co sponsoring.
VO: Got any document to show?
ME: Sure. (Gave her the account statement and the scholarship letter)
VO: (scan through the documents and passed them to me....started typing....
(me I just they look...for my mind, tell me those golden words.......)
Your visa is approved, take your Form I-20, you will need it at the point of entry bla bla bla...
ME: (smiles...) Thanks and walked away majestically

I want to sincerely appreciate everyone of us for our contributions to this thread. Special thanks to Slimmy and Darklight...u guys are wonderful.
Success to those that are going soon; u will also come here to testify.

Congrats!
But one would think you're going to Univ of Denver, hence your name! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 2:06am On Jul 24, 2015
bayocanny:

I hail ooo my boss major the slayer of agent of darkness grin, I remain loyal sir have been busy lately that's why I don't get in touch abeg forgive your boy oo
That happney guy na badoo he sha wan put sand for your garri, he wan make u join him in his MINISTRY OF WOMEN AFFAIRS no mind him joor. Folake don give him red card hahaha

Ahahahahaha..Bros eeee..How ur side jare? grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 2:43am On Jul 24, 2015
@walspring n kennyronny......Una Neva reply me!!!! waiting patiently tho.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by matthew1234: 4:44am On Jul 24, 2015
Pls gurus there is an issue someone brought to me and am unable to solve it.Pls it's urgent house.While trying to fill the DS form she was asked the normal security question that what's the four letters that begins the father's name.The father's name has only four letters.Her Embassy date is the 27th of August.
Pls,what can be done.Its really urgent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 5:27am On Jul 24, 2015
scriptwriter19:

Im facing the same issues, i cant register for classes until i get it done and someone told me not to do it here but looking on the school website i saw where they posted there that it will cost $500 to get it done over there, can i do it at any general hospital or is there somewhere specific i have to do it?

Inquire from LUTH. They used to give immunizations every Thursday but I don't know if they still do.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 5:37am On Jul 24, 2015
Spanishmario:

Haven't contacted them yet buh yu can check d graduate school...

Their offer covers tuition scholarships nd stipends...

Remind me by early September. A friend's roommate is in the Economics program there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by iphyconsult: 5:49am On Jul 24, 2015
GOOD MORNING HOUSE,

Please, I need to know my assurance of visa approval,...my school resumes 24th August, I planned traveling 22nd August, I scheduled for the closest appointment which was 18th August. I recently seek for a closest appointment day via Emergency appointment link, I submitted all required doc. but received a denial mail for the emergency appointment.

Reason for denial is not stated.

I hope this close interval will not raise any question from the VO on my visa approval?

If approved (18th August), the question is how soon will I pick up my visa @ d DHL outlet b4 22nd August?

Please, can anyone advice on this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 6:01am On Jul 24, 2015
grin grin guy no be only u,
mbeenox:
Seems everyone going to ETSU got a scholarship or funding, why I no hear about this school while I was applying cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 6:08am On Jul 24, 2015
Cyclotron:

Thanks smiley
the famous "toilet" formula at abuja embassy grin grin congrats God would be ur strength

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 6:10am On Jul 24, 2015
Slimmy 05, you should look at the option of starting up a nigerian/Nairaland students Association, una plenty die
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 6:14am On Jul 24, 2015
tosynbolade:

I think we need to relate bro, I am also going to etsu for fall. You don't need to be desperate! Just calm down

Have you tried using your off campus residence options?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Spanishmario(m): 6:37am On Jul 24, 2015
GboyegaD:

Remind me by early September. A friend's roommate is in the Economics program there.

Okay, definitely will...Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Spanishmario(m): 6:38am On Jul 24, 2015
wizzy11:

@ adewoleray/ Spanishmario,
What course and field of study are you guys intending? And what semester/ year are you looking at?

Ms Economics...2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 24, 2015
Spanishmario:

Ms Economics...2017

Okay, keep me posted, would provide you with the lil info I have. Would be on board next month.

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.