Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,139 members, 7,829,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (710029 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2015
Jchi9876:

$25 for every simple sentence or use Google. I don't do anything for free. grin grin grin grin

Boss, I think I will use Google because it sounds cheap. grin But, how much for compound sentence or complex sentence or compound-complex sentence? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2015
kellycute:
leave the dude. Nor fall your hand dey follow am exchange words.
I want him to earn his usual ban grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Jchi9876: 5:22pm On Aug 06, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Boss, I think I will use Google because it sounds cheap. grin But, how much for compound sentence or complex sentence or compound-complex sentence? grin grin grin

typical naija man they can sabi price grin

oya wait make i find my price booklet grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 06, 2015
Jchi9876:

typical naija man they can sabi price grin

oya wait make i find my price booklet grin

Boss, it's not only Nigerians that bargain, other nationals do. The difference is that some look for sales % cut, whereas others bargain outrightly. Americans like sales % cut more than other nationals. They can tour the whole mall looking for products with sales % cut.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 06, 2015
goG when you dey show? grin Abi you dey fear aeloplane?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by justwise(m): 5:37pm On Aug 06, 2015
@All

Please this is not politics section, lets not derail this thread.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sorbital:

Gurus, abeg o, somebody should constructively criticize this transcript, have booked another appointment already..

Well, since nobody wants to help criticize my transcript, I guess I merely ran out of, favour yesterday.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Boss, it's not only Nigerians that bargain, other nationals do. The difference is that some look for sales % cut, whereas others bargain outrightly. Americans like sales % cut more than other nationals. They can tour the whole mall looking for products with sales % cut.
grin grin grin You go soon overtake them

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 06, 2015
Yomi77, please, I need to hear from you oooooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 06, 2015
slimmy05:
grin grin grin You go soon overtake them

Yes, I will boss. If no one likes sales % cut, I personally do. grin grin grin. I'm not here to form what I'm not. I don't look "Uche" face. I go even bargain outright as if I'm pricing pepper at Ose main market in Onitsha.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 5:45pm On Aug 06, 2015
slimmy05:
goG when you dey show? grin Abi you dey fear aeloplane?
bros i enter one small 50 passenger plane from ATL breeze just dey blow am sotey we land...far catch me grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 5:46pm On Aug 06, 2015
slimmy05:
godG when you dey show? grin Abi you dey fear aeloplane?

Hahaha. Next week Sat. cheesy Taking my time to enjoy Nigeria to the fullest.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 5:47pm On Aug 06, 2015
stewee i got your mail, i would get in touch as soon as i can
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by opekunleope: 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2015
my naira gurus good evening ooooo......God has done it for me ooooo visa approved today... just still on the way back home from lagos.... my transcripts is on the way. I promise to drop it before i sleep tonight....... Our God is good, when it seems like all hope has lost.... GOD is still working massively i cant lie to you.... watch Out for my transcript. God bless the originator of this site, and also the gurus that are making things happening here..... modupe ooooooo, head bows..... GOD bless you all

NOTE: @slimmy05 aye e koni baje ooooo.....

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 5:55pm On Aug 06, 2015
opekunleope:
my naira gurus good evening ooooo......God has done it for me ooooo visa approved today... just still on the way back home from lagos.... my transcripts is on the way. I promise to drop it before i sleep tonight....... Our God is good, when it seems like all hope has lost.... GOD is still working massively i cant lie to you.... watch Out for my transcript. God bless the originator of this site, and also the gurus that are making this happens here..... modupe ooooooo, head bows..... GOD bless you all
GOD's be, its a good thing

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 06, 2015
amanze15:
bros i enter one small 50 passenger plane from ATL breeze just dey blow am sotey we land...far catch me grin
the noise is what I don't like. Took one from NC to school

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by samnoah(m): 5:59pm On Aug 06, 2015
Ok boss, thanks I appreciate.

DARKLIGHT:

You are welcome, boss! Before you head to the airport, I will advise you to weigh your baggage to know if it conforms with airline's weight limit. This will save you the stress of looking for bag to spread your items at the airport. If you are going with foodstuff, try and pulverize them. Also use a transparent polyethylene bag to wrap the food items and label accordingly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 06, 2015
opekunleope:
my naira gurus good evening ooooo......God has done it for me ooooo visa approved today... just still on the way back home from lagos.... my transcripts is on the way. I promise to drop it before i sleep tonight....... Our God is good, when it seems like all hope has lost.... GOD is still working massively i cant lie to you.... watch Out for my transcript. God bless the originator of this site, and also the gurus that are making things happening here..... modupe ooooooo, head bows..... GOD bless you all

NOTE: @slimmy05 aye e koni baje ooooo.....
Congrats bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 06, 2015
godG:

Hahaha. Next week Sat. cheesy Taking my time to enjoy Nigeria to the fullest.
Good safe trip bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 06, 2015
coobboy:

I don blow VO quote me, well having a relative makes life easier, and cuts out accomodation cost, but im talking about his aunt sponsoring him from the US.
We've had people here, who were denied cos someone from the US is sponsoring them for their education.

Having someone believe that they were denied a visa because of a sponsor in the US and that actually being the case are two very different things. I read some of the transcripts in Nairaland and remember those interviews... And I can assure you that what I see and care about as a VO is often quite different from the aspects that an applicant sees and remembers; at least from what they recount in their transcripts.

Like anything else in the interview, having a sponsor in the US can look bad if you are trying to hide information, or you are claiming that you have a sponsor and then cannot provide any information about who they are and why they are sponsoring you.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by NanaF: 6:12pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sorbital:

Gurus, abeg o, somebody should constructively criticize this transcript, have booked another appointment already..

What's your reason for choosing the school? The real reason?

I'm also not convinced reading your transcript.

My brother had a very short interview just by being honest. He stated that his sister and cousin attended/are attending the school so his choice is based on personal experience from people who have been or are currently there.

I think the V.Os hear this Princeton review/ u.s news/ ranking story way too much. Is that really the only reason why you chose this school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Cool2015(m): 6:23pm On Aug 06, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Bro,
How r u? U don forget me ooo, just now now.
Lol
Inbox me ur contacts
slot440 at yahoo dot com
Ty
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Jchi9876: 6:25pm On Aug 06, 2015
ooops I ve missed quite a bit! Shoot!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Jchi9876: 6:28pm On Aug 06, 2015
LagosNIV:

Having someone believe that they were denied a visa because of a sponsor in the US and that actually being the case are two very different things. I read some of the transcripts in Nairaland and remember those interviews... And I can assure you that what I see and care about as a VO is often quite different from the aspects that an applicant sees and remembers; at least from what they recount in their transcripts.

Like anything else in the interview, having a sponsor in the US can look bad if you are trying to hide information, or you are claiming that you have a sponsor and then cannot provide any information about who they are and why they are sponsoring you.

Quick question;

Do VOs actually believe these F1 applicants will ALWAYS go back to their country
or anyone who automatically qualifies for F1 visa is technically same as an immigrant visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 06, 2015
NanaF:

What's your reason for choosing the school? The real reason?

I'm also not convinced reading your transcript.

My brother had a very short interview just by being honest. He stated that his sister and cousin attended/are attending the school so his choice is based on personal experience from people who have been or are currently there.

I think the V.Os hear this Princeton review/ u.s news/ ranking story way too much. Is that really the only reason why you chose this school?

Thanks for your response... I agree with you; think they are bored hearing Princeton stuff...I got to say the 'real reason on how and why I chose the school I did on my next interview. I appreciate your contribution

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 6:38pm On Aug 06, 2015
cashglue:
Thanks!I really appreciate!

It doesn't work!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 06, 2015
Jchi9876:

Quick question;

Do VOs actually believe these F1 applicants will ALWAYS go back to their country
or anyone who automatically qualifies for F1 visa is technically same as an immigrant visa

F1s are non-immigrant visas. But it's not the same as a B1/B2 tourist visa...

The strongest measure for a F1 visa is whether or not there is student intent (Are you actually going there to study? Are you a legitimate student?) and whether or not the visa will be used correctly (If you quit school or get kicked out, will you leave?). We fully recognize that many students will develop strong ties in the US and get married, some students will get immigrant visa petitions submitted on their behalf by multinational corporations, some will continue on to more advanced education programs, and others will return home.

The problem, though, is that there seems to be a rumor that student visas are an easy way to get into the US. Individuals who are abusing the system ruin it for everyone else by imposing a much higher bar. That being said I don't think I have ever heard a VO ask a question that is unreasonable for an applicant to know and answer honestly. Most VOs have been to colleges or universities in the US. Many have graduate degrees. We are very familiar with the decision-making process that goes into choosing a school and claiming that "the weather in North Dakota is very amenable to Africans" is not a factor. It's also not even an accurate statement.

14 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Jchi9876: 6:45pm On Aug 06, 2015
LagosNIV:

F1s are non-immigrant visas. But it's not the same as a B1/B2 tourist visa...

The strongest measure for a F1 visa is whether or not there is student intent (Are you actually going there to study? Are you a legitimate student?) and whether or not the visa will be used correctly (If you quit school or get kicked out, will you leave?). We fully recognize that many students will develop strong ties in the US and get married, some students will get immigrant visa petitions submitted on their behalf by multinational corporations, some will continue on to more advanced education programs, and others will return home.

The problem, though, is that there seems to be a rumor that student visas are an easy way to get into the US. Individuals who are abusing the system ruin it for everyone else by imposing a much higher bar. That being said I don't think I have ever heard a VO ask a question that is unreasonable for an applicant to know and answer honestly. Most VOs have been to colleges or universities in the US. Many have graduate degrees. We are very familiar with the decision-making process that goes into choosing a school and claiming that "the weather in North Dakota is very amenable to Africans" is not a factor. It's also not even an accurate statement.

so an "intent" during interview is subjective and not a sure way of genuinely separating the desperados from the genuine ones?
do you think an immigration policy like that of the UK will be a better way of keeping the ones with immigrant intent out??
Cos if a student prior to applying already has intentions of "staying" (weda via the employment visa or other genuine routes) that intent has already knocked out that applicant but VOs still have a challenge understanding and categorizing these intents

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.