Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,215 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (709302 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by phalanah(m): 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2015
sorry for the delay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Jesemela: 2:13pm On Aug 06, 2015
Thanks for replying me..transcript coming soon@texrem and detos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2015
phalanah:
So for the delay of my Transcript
I had my visa interview on Monday August 03 at the Lagos Consulate.
After a very restless night, I got to the consulate at Walter Carrington at about 5:20am. My appointment was for 6:30am. I got into the Hall of Judgment by 7:30am. At this point, am so confidence about my interview question.

I was called to Window 12 around 8:00am. The VO was some middle-aged, white woman and the following conversation ensued:
Me: Good morning , happy New Month ma.
VO: Good morning. Place your left four fingers on the scanner.
Me: After the finger print.
VO: Where are u going too?
Me: Harold Washington College in Chicago.
VO: Who is your sponsor?
Me: My Aunt. She’s a clinical pharmacy at university of Chicago, medical center.
VO: which course do u want to study?
Me: I said Electrical Engineering.
VO: do u write any exam?
Me: Yes, I wrote SAT and TOEFL.
VO: What is your SAT score?
Me: I said 1210
VO: Why Harold Washington College?
Me: I was referred by Admission advisor at Illinois Institute of Technology(where I applied as a transfer student) I should complete my prerequisite course work at community college before transferring to Illinois Institute of Technology.
VO: Since you are already studying Electrical Engineering at Yaba Tech, why are you going to study in the US without finishing your program here?
Me: My program at Yaba Tech is a National Diploma and I wish to obtain my Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering in US.

She type for a while and she said I was not eligible for visa. I ask her that why, she said nothing. That I should reapply. I ask her again, what should bring when coming bck, she said I should go through the blue paper she gave me. I said thank you bye. I want to deferred my admission to spring 2016 (resume Jan 11) and planning to reapply for interview in october
Pls anything wrong? I will be happy to hear from u guys back. Tnks very much.

sorry bro....refire..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by anfanio: 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2015
phalanah:
After a very restless night, I got to the consulate at Walter Carrington at about 5:20am. My appointment was for 6:30am. I got into the Hall of Judgment by 7:30am. At this point, am so confidence about my interview question.

I was called to Window 12 around 8:00am. The VO was some middle-aged, white woman and the following conversation ensued:
Me: My Aunt. She’s a clinical pharmacy at university of Chicago, medical center.
Me: I was referred by Admission advisor at Illinois Institute of Technology(where I applied as a transfer student) I should complete my prerequisite course work at community college before transferring to Illinois Institute of Technology.
VO: Since you are already studying Electrical Engineering at Yaba Tech, why are you going to study in the US without finishing your program here?
Me: My program at Yaba Tech is a National Diploma and I wish to obtain my Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering in US.

She type for a while and she said I was not eligible for visa. I ask her that why, she said nothing. That I should reapply. I ask her again, what should bring when coming bck, she said I should go through the blue paper she gave me. I said thank you bye. I want to deferred my admission to spring 2016 (resume Jan 11) and planning to reapply for interview in october

The VO logic was you should complete your ND which is same as community college.(why leave a program you're in, to start over the same program in US at a higher cost and for a longer period of time?) If you get your ND then you need to transfer to Illinois Institute of Technology for your BSc

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 2:43pm On Aug 06, 2015
happney65:
Watching trump on CNN..The Man is speaking rubbish as usual..Oloshi Man grin..The Man no suppose become President ohh..He go spoil America for all of us..

Why the unnecessary hate for Trump? Please, let him be.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by vibrant99(m): 2:43pm On Aug 06, 2015
anfanio:

The VO logic was you should complete your ND which is same as community college.(why leave a program you're in, to start over the same program in US at a higher cost and for a longer period of time?) If you get your ND then you need to transfer to Illinois Institute of Technology for your BSc

Simple, and simple common sense bro, why you no wan finish before you transfer? american dream ? You know it now.
try finishing before running out, they have no reason to reject ur visa applications, they just want more reasons to give you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 2:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
GboyegaD:

Why the unnecessary hate for Trump? Please, let him be.

Funny how trump is the only one looking for an easier pathway to citizenship for foreign masters and PhD holders.
For that reason alone, I like and support him.
Cc happney65
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 06, 2015
phalanah:

Sorry for your denial. You really tried your best and gave a good account of yourself.

Please do not reapply yet till you complete your studies at Yaba Tech, if not, you may likely be denied again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 2:59pm On Aug 06, 2015
bbdd:

Funny how trump is the only one looking for an easier pathway to citizenship for foreign masters and PhD holders.
For that reason alone, I like and support him.
Cc happney65

Don't believe that rascal for on second... He's fool of poo!

He's like satan...gives you one on one hand and takes 10 with the other hand.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by worry357: 3:03pm On Aug 06, 2015
DeeTus:
Sorry for your denial. You really tried your best and gave a good account of yourself.
Please do not reapply yet till you complete your studies at Yaba Tech, if not, you may likely be denied again.

We have advised many, many times that most people applying for Comunity Col. get rejected.
Get your admission to a university sorted, them reapply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2015
Stewee:

He's currently the leading contender among the Republicans.
The media hate campaign against him is not working sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2015
Stewee:

Bros,Your head is valid in profojah words..Dont mind the guy.Tonite is the Republican Debate..we go hear wetin he go talk..Oloshi Man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
djmakson:

Refire bro. Just prepare very well for your next appointment. It's pertinent that you do not forget the God factor in it. You get it at your next attempt. Cheers.

Thanks man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Jchi9876: 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
happney65:
Watching trump on CNN..The Man is speaking rubbish as usual..Oloshi Man grin..The Man no suppose become President ohh..He go spoil America for all of us..

hey is today's debate on already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2015
phalanah:

Sorry about your delay...
Folks have told you already what to do.

#Bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 3:21pm On Aug 06, 2015
bbdd:

He can only lead for a while..he cant lead for long..You'll see very soon..The race for the white house is just starting tonite with the Republican Debate..And mind you there is no media hate against him...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by UNIXLover(m): 3:21pm On Aug 06, 2015
Hello Guys,
Can someone help me with how to register for GRE IN Nigeria.?

Thanks .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 3:22pm On Aug 06, 2015
Jchi9876:

hey is today's debate on already

Noo.its going to be in the afternoon Ohio Time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 3:22pm On Aug 06, 2015
bbdd:

I don't care what the polls are saying... that guy can't be the next president.

And there's no media hate against him... whatever sour affection he's getting is entirely his own making with that reckless mouth of his.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 3:23pm On Aug 06, 2015
phalanah:

Your red flag plenty ehn.
She asked who is sponsoring you, she did not ask what does your aunty does. When they dont ask you a specifi question, dont just jump to it, read more undergrafuate transcripts, see how questions are answered.

Why not apply to a university straight, rather than a university, referring you to a college. Fix this

Your aunt being your sponsor, in the same state as you are gonna be schooling, shows immigrant intent man.
If you used a sponsor here in nigeria, and your aunt lives in illinois, there would be no problem.

Since you are an undergraduate, you shouldnt have even mentioned being in a school, or you could have said you have graduated from yabatech whatsoever, i was in my last semester in yabatech, yet i said ive graduated from yabatech. I printed some of my results online to show proof... Even if i was asked where my final result was, i could have said, it was not put out online already.... Mentioning that you are in a school in naija already raised something up, and you couldnt even defend it well, by saying the school is inline with the latest technology etc and give some technical examples of what yabatech has and what the school has. Give cogent reasons why u chose your intended school over yabatech.

1. Choose a university and not some uni that would tell you to go to a college first before transferring (i can give you list of schools to start applying to. That would release ur sevis records straight if u wanna transfer)
2. I could have adviced you to change your sponsor, but keep on, cos it is always adviced you use a sponsor from nigeria or outside nigeria
3. Give cogent reasons why you chose your intended school over yabatech, learn to give technical reasons that would burst the VOs brain (read why your intended school is better than yabatech's engineering) you can always transfer to the illinois tech, nobody would hld you back
4. Dont just jump into questions you are not asked.
Also wetin concern VO with new month, you were there for business, and business only.... The VO is not your friend. Somepeople like me, dont like all these happy new month ish. No offence tho me just wan advice

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 3:34pm On Aug 06, 2015
Stewee
Happney65

This trump hate is serious yo!! Lmaooo grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 3:38pm On Aug 06, 2015
coobboy:

She asked who is sponsoring you, she did not ask what does your aunty does. When they dont ask you a specifi question, dont just jump to it, read more undergrafuate transcripts, see how questions are answered.

Why not apply to a university straight, rather than a university, referring you to a college. Fix this

Your aunt being your sponsor, in the same state as you are gonna be schooling, shows immigrant intent man.
If you used a sponsor here in nigeria, and your aunt lives in illinois, there would be no problem.

Since you are an undergraduate, you shouldnt have even mentioned being in a school, or you could have said you have graduated from yabatech whatsoever, i was in my last semester in yabatech, yet i said ive graduated from yabatech. I printed some of my results online to show proof... Even if i was asked where my final result was, i could have said, it was not put out online already.... Mentioning that you are in a school in naija already raised something up, and you couldnt even defend it well, by saying the school is inline with the latest technology etc and give some technical examples of what yabatech has and what the school has. Give cogent reasons why u chose your intended school over yabatech.

1. Choose a university and not some uni that would tell you to go to a college first before transferring (i can give you list of schools to start applying to. That would release ur sevis records straight if u wanna transfer)
2. I could have adviced you to change your sponsor, but keep on, cos it is always adviced you use a sponsor from nigeria or outside nigeria
3. Give cogent reasons why you chose your intended school over yabatech, learn to give technical reasons that would burst the VOs brain (read why your intended school is better than yabatech's engineering) you can always transfer to the illinois tech, nobody would hld you back
Also wetin concern VO with new month, you were there for business, and business only.... The VO is not your friend. Somepeople like me, dont like all these happy new month ish. No offence tho me just wan advice

Good stuff!
grin grin

I don't like those "How was your night" and "Happy new month" issh too... I didn't do it during my interview besides the guy was ridiculously young and I felt he should be the one greeting me with sir ( grin I dey joke ooo).

Sometimes giving VO's the aura that you don't even care about their damn visa (without being proud though) it helps eliminate immigrant intent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 3:41pm On Aug 06, 2015
@ bbdd, thanks for all the efforts. I do appreciate it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 3:43pm On Aug 06, 2015
djmakson:
@ bbdd, thanks for all the efforts. I do appreciate it.

Nothing much bro.
I'll just redo it. You'll get it today.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 06, 2015
coobboy:

This is just wrong. Having an aunt in the place where you go to school does not mean that you have immigrant intent. In fact, it gives at least one reason why you are going to school somewhere. Living with relatives who are already in the US will make your education much more affordable...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 3:46pm On Aug 06, 2015
bbdd:
Stewee
Happney65

This trump hate is serious yo!! Lmaooo grin

LMAO

What can I say... dude is annoying!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 3:46pm On Aug 06, 2015
UNIXLover:
Hello Guys,
Can someone help me with how to register for GRE IN Nigeria.?

Thanks .

Visit www.ets.org/gre and follow the steps.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2015
Stewee:

Good stuff!
grin grin

I don't like those "How was your night" and "Happy new month" issh too... I didn't do it during my interview besides the guy was ridiculously young and I felt he should be the one greeting me with sir ( grin I dey joke ooo).

Sometimes giving VO's the aura that you don't even care about their damn visa (without being proud though) it helps eliminate immigrant intent.
I'm telling you grin, lol, at that moment the VO is the senior of whatever.
I didnt even greet sef, i was like hey how's it going?
True stuff boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 3:53pm On Aug 06, 2015
LagosNIV:

This is just wrong. Having an aunt in the place where you go to school does not mean that you have immigrant intent. In fact, it gives at least one reason why you are going to school somewhere. Living with relatives who are already in the US will make your education much more affordable...

I don blow VO quote me, well having a relative makes life easier, and cuts out accomodation cost, but im talking about his aunt sponsoring him from the US.
We've had people here, who were denied cos someone from the US is sponsoring them for their education.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 3:54pm On Aug 06, 2015
LagosNIV:

Well we're under the strong impression that having a relative in the US shows a lot of immigrant intent... My vague belief is that it favours undergraduate(because they're usually younger and would need some guidance) than post graduate students(who are more mature and can pretty much survive with little or no supervision)

My opinion though!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sorbital:

Me: Good morning... With genuine smile and confidence

Vo: good morning... Your four left fingers on the scanner for verification

Me: places four fingers....here we go

Vo: pass your document please

Me: passes them

Vo: you are going to study

Me: yes, to pursue my Masters degree in Chemistry with interest areas in Air monitoring and electronic cigarette

Vo: why the degree

Me: so that I would be exposed with the various skills and techniques required to monitor the quality of both ambient and in door air, that way, I will be very knowledgeable about the extent of the pollutant that we are all exposed to...Above all, this masters degree would guarantee my appointment as a lecturer in the school where I obtained my BSc.

VO: looking in awe

Me: waited for him to ask question concerning the job guarantee but he didn't

vo: when did you finish your first degree

Me: 2011

VO: what have you been doing since then

Me: Have been working in ................

Vo: How many schools did you apply to

Me: Four

VO: what are they

Me: TSU, MTSU, KFUPM and UW

VO: why the preference in MTSU

Me: Aside the fact that the Chemistry department is highly ranked I went thru their curriculum and discovered that the syllabus Covers most areas of Chemistry that interests me, but then, I was able to make contact with prof......... Who incidentally would be kick starting an air monitoring project on biogenic.....

vO: interrupted

How did you find about the school: actual, I cataloged using Princetonreview.com, grad sch.com and then search for chemistry journals in US, I thereafter streamline my search into schools that offer Masters degree in Chemistry with interest areas in Air monitoring, I ended up with few schools.

Vo: So why TSU and MTSU in the same state.

Me: After my review using Princeton review and graduate sch.com, it was a mere coincidence that the two schools who happen to fall into my scope are in the same state..

Vo: He browses to know how graduate schools are ranked...bla bla black

Vo: but the so so so and so sch ranks highly in Chemistry why didn't you chose them.

Me: I streamline my search into schools that have interest areas in air monitoring not just on General chemistry...

Vo: researches the internet; yeah I understand that your interest area is in air monitoring but you still have not told me why from other highly ranked schools, you concentrated on three schools in the same area.

Me: Actually it was two schools, the other two schools are not located in TN

Me: by this time, confidence don dey low

VO: you just tell me why your interest is in TN and that's just it.

Me: I insisted on my previous reason.

Vo: brought the blue form and passport and said what I didn't hear.

Me: I collected it but refused to go.

We were looking at each other eye ball to eye ball, I almost cried... I saw pity in his eyes yet I was praying for 12hour miracle...it didn't just happen. The security guy just came and convinced me out

That's my story..

My school resumes on 30th, wanna book another appointment... Don't wanna lose my GA..

Please brother, make una advise me

Gurus, abeg o, somebody should constructively criticize this transcript, have booked another appointment already..

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.