Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,431 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (708544 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 8:07pm On Jun 03, 2015
NeedMobile:

You should read what i wrote properly before passing a comment. its not by force you say something. be polite. Like minds have replied before you.

Kindly open your eye well.

Sorry i gave my opinion.
Goodbye
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by worry357: 8:10pm On Jun 03, 2015
paris1439:
Hi everyone quick question please can I book a one way ticket to the U.S when I'm going to school?
Thanks
If you do then be prepared for problems with officials at Nigerian airport who may want gifts.
Also officials at your US point of entry.
It is often not much cheaper to buy a single ticket.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 8:14pm On Jun 03, 2015
isi4luv:
Pls hw much is d sevis fee and visa application fee? And what is the current US exchange rate conversion? Thank you
SEVIS fee= 49,000 (ref: Slimmy)
Visa fee= 31,200
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Mystiqme: 8:17pm On Jun 03, 2015
worry357:

If you do then be prepared for problems with officials at Nigerian airport who may want gifts.

Not necessarily true. USA POE officials do not frown on prospective students with one way tickets, and if you know what you are doing, you can comfortably tell off the Nigerian officials.

The bolded statement is sometimes the case, though.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 8:18pm On Jun 03, 2015
paris1439:
Hi everyone quick question please can I book a one way ticket to the U.S when I'm going to school?
Thanks
Yea, you book one way
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 8:39pm On Jun 03, 2015
Mickeywilliams:

Thanks..I presume you mean that when I write this october ..results will be out in 2wks as usual n I apply to schools..my resumption date should be fall next yr?

It depends on the semester you applied for.

spring resumption: january
Fall resumption: august or september
Since you are writing your SAT on october apply for spring. Cos resumption and deadlines of schools will not end till late october or november. Then u can schedule your interview in december. You get.
But if you still love nigeria so much apply for next year fall
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 03, 2015
Walspring:

Do you mean exam center or registration center
i mean both man.. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 03, 2015
happney65:

Every Toefl center is genuine..Just go on ETS.ORG and get registered yourself with a Visa card and you are good to go.A test centre would assigned to you immediately depending on your location
ohkayy thanks just wanted to make sure because i heard a few things about toefl flagging most nigeria test/registration centres.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by innovativeame(m): 11:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
@Jenns, please, tell me you are fine wherever you cos I'm freaking worried here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 04, 2015
innovativeame:
@Jenns, please, tell me you are fine wherever you cos I'm freaking worried here.
why?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Gozychuks(m): 12:16am On Jun 04, 2015
Can I use mobile to fill my coupon?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 2:07am On Jun 04, 2015
wyngold:

i mean both man.. Thanks

www.ets.com/gre

the 2 centers are listed below;

1, Lekki Center (Island)

2, Obanikoro/Maryland center (Mainland)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:08am On Jun 04, 2015
Gozychuks:
sure you can. But make sure you fill accurate information
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 2:09am On Jun 04, 2015
wyngold:

ohkayy thanks just wanted to make sure because i heard a few things about toefl flagging most nigeria test/registration centres.

That was then but its an old news now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 2:09am On Jun 04, 2015
Gozychuks:

Yes big boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 2:42am On Jun 04, 2015
NeedMobile:
Please the Gurus in the House, Good afternoon .

Please i plan to travel to the US on the 23rd of this month and have prepared all the document and fill the DS-160 form . am going on a Visit but am yet to pay for the VISA fee because if i cant get a date before then there wont be need to move on.

Please my question is can i get a date before then if i pay for VISA fee today.

Thanks

You can get and the worst will be emergency date but not sure if it is applicable for your case
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by NeedMobile: 7:41am On Jun 04, 2015
Walspring:

You can get and the worst will be emergency date but not sure if it is applicable for your case

@Walspring...thanks alot. am on my way to the bank to make the payment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Faraidi(m): 8:14am On Jun 04, 2015
Walspring:

Go with 52k and it will cost you almost 51k with those yeye poe officers fee is there but without transport
hmmmm.the money is huge oo.I have already told my sister is 47 k total.Well sha I hope it is only int passport they need?because she don't have gre ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 8:59am On Jun 04, 2015
slimmy05:
savings account or current account

I can really tell but it's a fixed deposit account. N de sed de can't print statement of fixed deposit. So de issue me certificate of the account.
Do u know if de would accept it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by samnoah(m): 11:05am On Jun 04, 2015
warriboy21:

I can really tell but it's a fixed deposit account. N de sed de can't print statement of fixed deposit. So de issue me certificate of the account.

Fixed deposit, stocks certificates etc are not accepted as proof of liquid fund. Fixed account can't be assessed within a given period. For proof of funding, current and savings are best bet as stated by Slimmy.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 12:25pm On Jun 04, 2015
worry357:

You are wrong. He's a student and not expected to come back home anytime soon. It doesn't affect his case if he has a return or One way. I had a friend that had a show out at Poe because of a return ticket but she was allowed.
As for Nigeria airport officials, return ticket or not, they will still want something so it's your own decision to give

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Jahbless82: 1:10pm On Jun 04, 2015
Hello All,

I really commend you all for the wonderful work you are doing here. I'm new here and need your help.

I had an interview with the consular yesterday and was denied student visa based section 214b of US visa law.

Can anyone explain this?

Pls is there anyway out as I am planning to re-apply soon.

Kindly help as the consular did not even check my SOA at all before offering me the blue sheet letter.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 1:16pm On Jun 04, 2015
Jahbless82:
Hello All,

I really commend you all for the wonderful work you are doing here. I'm new here and need your help.

I had an interview with the consular yesterday and was denied student visa based section 214b of US visa law.

Can anyone explain this?

Kindly help as the consular did not even check my SOA at all before offering me the blue sheet letter.
Post ur interview transcript so that gurus in d house will be able to tell u were u need to work on
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 04, 2015
warriboy21:

fixed deposit can't be immediately accessed. Savings account or current account should do. That's the idea I have
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 04, 2015
Faraidi:
hmmmm.the money is huge oo.I have already told my sister is 47 k total.Well sha I hope it is only int passport they need?because she don't have gre ooo
they don't have any business with your GRE. Go with your I-20 and international passport.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 2:42pm On Jun 04, 2015
Jahbless82:
Hello All,

Can anyone explain this?

That damn blue letter...
...Well welcome to Jerusalem grin

Please post you interview transcripts so everybody can learn and figure out what went wrong.

Sorry about your denial...
Hang in there brah!

#Bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 3:20pm On Jun 04, 2015
Faraidi:

You dont need gre to pay sevis fee..

You will need the following print out to make payment over there

Data page

I-20 copy (page 1)

Payment Coupon Confirmation page
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 3:21pm On Jun 04, 2015
NeedMobile:

@Walspring...thanks alot. am on my way to the bank to make the payment.

Let's give the thanks to God..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Jahbless82: 3:47pm On Jun 04, 2015
VO: Let me have ur passport

me:passed the passport to her

VO: where are u going in US?

Me: answered

VO: Y are u going?

Me: answered.

VO: why the course and school

VO: who is going to finance your study?

Me: self

VO: what do you do?

Me:****

VO: Hw much is monthly income?

Me: 3*****

VO: hw long have u been with your current employer

Me: 1 yr

VO: u mean u've been saving up for this?

Me: yes...i have previous work experience and have up to 4yrs working experience.

the VO handed me the passport and the blue letter.

Pls i need applicable advice....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 3:52pm On Jun 04, 2015
Jahbless82:

Me: yes...i have previous work experience and have up to 4yrs working experience.

Man you need advice and your interview transcript is not succint enough, nobody's gonna decode that, just type in how you answered your questions, and help would be given or advice, but like this with the ******** who can read that? And understand that, man nobody. Just tell how it went explicitly with every detail.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 04, 2015
Jahbless82:

What did you tell her? You have to come out plain and open and save yourself all this stress
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
Jahbless82:

Hahahaha. You're looking for help and can't be open about it, huh?

God's really watching you!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.