Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,760 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President (6664 Views)

Corrupt Leaders Will Flee Nigeria If Buhari Wins –okorocha / I Will Destroy Nigeria If I Get Arrested – Asari Dokubo Marapolsa / Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by Chxta(m): 10:51pm On Sep 15, 2006
Nutter:

@Chxta,
Erm, I highlighted the Ugandan example to depict the intolerance that pervaded Uganda during the time of Amin and nothing else. This level of intolerance was demonstrated during the Constitutional Conference. Read my sentence again.
Read it again and again before replying. Your sentence implied an unwillingness by Idi Amin to discuss a break up of Uganda.

I cannot speak for the West or the North. Concerning the East, remember the MASSOB stay-at-home directives observed by millions of Igbo all over the country? This is far from an esoteric agenda championed by nameless and faceless individuals. The following is much greater. Calling a lion a mouse will take nothing away from its nature or its purpose.

I was in the East during one of the MASSOB stay at home 'directives' (doesn't that word sound a tard dictatoral?). And I can assure you that most people stayed home not because they supported MASSOB, but because they were afraid for their lives and property. Not exactly a very nice way to win popular support.

When did Anambra begin its severe degeneration? First under Mbadinuju and later 'under' Uba with support from Aso Rock. Next!

Anambra's degeneration has been going on for a long time. That is the truth. It is such that even Odimegwu (*I spit*) had the nerve to use ABU ([size=4pt]Anambra Brought Up[/size]whatever that means) to brag that he would show anti-third termers that he is ABU.

Again, I cannot speak for the West. However, even if that were so in the East, it will be a lot better than the almost yearly massacres that have become sport for the idle in Northern Nigeria. Next!
And when was the last 'annual' massacre to use your words. It can't be removed from the history books that we have suffered at the hands of the almajiri and their sponsors, but then again, that is the price a people pay when they are successful and mercantile like we are. Read Jews (whom some wrongly claim we are) for that. Would you say we pull out of Naija because we have had it rough (and still flourished)? Then the African Americans should have pulled out of the US a long time ago.

Again, all done under the watchful eyes of Aso Rock until they fell (or fall) out of favour. Are they corrupt? Yes. What is EFCC (King Kong's baby) doing in that regard? Nothing! Will it be easier to steal if they had to answer directly to their people? No! Next!
Erm, stealing is being practised on a grand scale in the following states: Edo, Delta, Enugu, Rivers, Adamawa, Zamfara, Abia, Bayelsa, Taraba, in all these states from ward level to state level, all directly answerable to their people, and all under the watchful eyes of their people. Part of the problem with Nigeria as a whole (and it is obviously part of you too, I have that problem from time to time) is impatience. The wheels of justice grind slowly as the former governor of Illinois found out.

The Igbo remain the only group that donated money amongst themselves to build an airport. Next!
I believe you are talking of the airport at Owerri. Good. That is not an Igbo airport, it is an Imo airport. The Igbo also remain the only group to have delibrately scuttled an existing airport project by the Federal Government on their land. Read Oba.

They are also encouraged to attack the Igbo. Let's not forget that. Also, Igbo culture is so different from that up North that no comparison can poke its head above the rafters and survive. Next!
They are not encouraged to attack Igbo. I've lived among them, and like every group of people, there is always the xenophobia that comes when 'aliens' come to live amongst them and flourish. Being in the UK you must have heard of the BNP. I'd suggest that you sleep with an eye open, because at the end of the day your skin my dear friend distinguishes you from other British. One day the same thing you point out that the almajiri did to nd'Igbo would visit you in the UK. The examples are already there in France and the rest of the continent.

You assume this for no other reason than to bolster your argument. The facts however indicate a stifling of the Igbo inventive flair in present day nigeria. Think of the developmental progress ‘Aba Made’ goods would have experienced if this wasn’t the case. Other countries started that way. Refer to India and the Asian Tigers. Next!
India and the Asian tigers fluorished because their neighbours were friendly and cooperative. We (nd'Igbo) don't have that luxury. Do not be deceived. Let us face facts, when that division you are clamouring for comes, the first to turn against us would be our South-South brothers. We won't have space to trade because we'll be too busy covering our flanks. Nilla's comment here lends credence to this. For avoidance of doubt, she said: At least the Igbo's are recognized, what about other minor tribes.

The problem I usually have with the split most Igbo's want is, They want to split and include the niger delta with them.
But how do we know that split is also the best thing for the Niger delta.[/i]That should give you a clue as to the unconscious lack of regard they have for us.

The recent igbo Summit in Owerri where so-called Igbo leaders were denied the right of speech demonstrates what the Igbo can and would do within their own domain. Next!
But Nzeribe still holds sway in Oguta. Until we can truly remove those scum (and yes, that includes Ojukwu) we are not ready to seriously hold our own.

At least we agree that nigeria is not doing well. The reason is simply because our ‘leaders’ have refused to allow us discuss these options in the open. As long as that continues, there will be suspicion, fear, animosity and a progressive distancing of minds (and subsequently, inevitable, self) from the failed project that is nigeria.
In a lot of discussions throughout history, there have been no go areas. I strongly believe that in any discussion concerning Nigeria's future, seccession by any component part should be a no go area. We have gone down that route before, and we saw the consequences. The consequences now would even be more hellish.

The case of nigeria is far more complex than that of Ghana or Kenya. Let’s be realistic here. With over 400 different tongues, we either talk (not by patronage or condescension but genuine engagement) or divide. There is no middle ground.
Let's assume that you are right, and that Naija's case is more complex than that of Ghana (I concede Kenya because the Swahili are too dominant there), then we roll the globe and look for a case that is more complex than Naija. India and Indonesia. So. . . ?

Next!

*Why haven’t you accepted my apology nwanne? O di kwa mma?

[i]Nna biko e wena iwe.
Apology accepted.
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by nilla(f): 10:57pm On Sep 15, 2006
lol Nutter, your crazy grin

don't worry i'm learning Igbo (Hapu maka biko nu) grin

I'm from Akwa Ibom
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by Nutter(m): 11:14pm On Sep 15, 2006
@nilla,

lol Nutter, your crazy

tongue

don't worry i'm learning Igbo (Hapu maka biko nu) 

cheesy Very impressive. You'd fit right in when the new nations emerge.

I'm from Akwa Ibom

Ah! A ba die? See, I'm taking my own advice. Gearing up for the split  wink We need to teach Chxta some Efik, Ibibio and Anang so he won't be left behind by the sea of change. You know he's our brother. We have to look out for him.

@Chxta,

Nna biko e wena iwe. Apology accepted.

Cheers, mate!

I’d love to get down and dirty with your last post but my boys have been calling. It's Friday night. Got to go listen me some soft jazz followed by loud music of an eclectic nature. Will be back on here in some hours if I'm not tired and/or sleepy. If I am either (or both), we resume 'hostilities' tomorrow. K’odi nwanne.
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by nilla(f): 11:17pm On Sep 15, 2006
lol

but we are not splitting sha.
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by Chxta(m): 11:25pm On Sep 15, 2006
Chxta wouldn't mind learning Efik and Ibibio, he already knows some Bekwarra so there's a start. But then again he knows some Hausa, some Yoruba, a bit of Urhobo and quite some violent Edo and Esan. . .

Makes him a true Nigerian don't it?

Nutter:

Cheers, mate!

I’d love to get down and dirty with your last post but my boys have been calling. It's Friday night. Got to go listen me some soft jazz followed by loud music of an eclectic nature. Will be back on here in some hours if I'm not tired and/or sleepy. If I am either (or both), we resume 'hostilities' tomorrow. K’odi nwanne.
I love talking with you, very stimulating. Nah. I'll soon be hitting the sheets. Off to Slough for the whole of tomorrow, but would be back in London just in time to catch ¢h€£$k¥-Liverpool (hope Pool win that one), just before the big one. We could resume 'hostilities' on the football page Sunday evening?

K'odi nwanne echi. Ijeoma.
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by Nutter(m): 5:27am On Sep 16, 2006
Mate,

Thanks again for the heads up. Who woulda 'thunk' it? As I said in my mail, I owe you one. I hereby publicly declare that I shall not harass you for a full day. Ok, I lie. Perhaps 12 hours? I'm too cross to be witty right now so I shouldn't even try. We'll chat soon. I'll also address the issues raised by your last post at my earliest convenience. Ta for that again.
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by hayprof(m): 8:20am On Sep 16, 2006
Provide Employement For The Youth.
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by madlawyer1(m): 4:02pm On Sep 16, 2006
I am a lawyer. The legal system needs to be worked on. That is where I will start.
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by Hugoboi(m): 4:06pm On Sep 16, 2006
The legal system needs to be worked on. That is where I will start.

Word ma bro!!! I'd scrap some faculties of law.They're nuthin but breedin ground for fraudsters and illiterates!!!
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by Abeem(m): 7:55am On Sep 17, 2006
In addition to the provision of good railway system and network of roads, affordable health care, portable water, constant and uniterruptible supply of electricity, empowerment programs to give the youths and the unemployed a new lease of live, I will endeavor to:

1. Disband the Nigeria Police and ask each state to recruit its own police force.

2. Ensure that the National ID card scheme come to fruition. This will make it easy to create a database for all the citizens of the country. The card will also make it less cumbersome to identify and deal with the people. It will also facilitate the collection of revenues for the government among other uses.

3. Set up a Government Accountability Office (GAO) to be staffed by accountants and auditors (yours truly is an accountant) as a non- partisan agency in the legislative arm - the National Assembly to oversee and evaluate the operating efficiency and effectiveness of government programs. The GAO will only report to the NASS to ensure that their independence is not compromised. I will recommend similar establishment for the states.

4. Make education compulsory and binding up to SSS 3 level on all citizens and funded free from the consolidated accounts. Students Aids and Loans Board will be operated to give students from poor homes who are interested in pursuing higher education the resources and incentives to reach their educational goals.

5. Restructure EFCC and insist on the head being voted into office to ensure absolute independence and unalloyed loyalty to the Nigerian people. This is necessary to forestall the hijack and use of the institution by any president to haunt political enemies and vindictive purposes as the experience of OBJ with the present EFCC has revealed. The EFCC head will be answerable to the National Assembly and not the president.

6. Sign a bill for National Election Days to befixed every four years and conducted five months before the expiration of the term of the incumbent president/state governors. This is to ensure that appeals and other irregularities associated with the elections are dispensed with before the commencement of the incoming administration's regime.

7. Ensure Transparency in the conduct of elections by ensuring the head of Electoral Commission is voted by the people and not appointed by the president. The head will be made answerable to NASS and not the president.
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by Nutter(m): 3:08pm On Sep 19, 2006
@Chxta,

Read it again and again before replying. Your sentence implied an unwillingness by Idi Amin to discuss a break up of Uganda.

Ok. Let’s deconstruct my sentence. My exact words were:

“It came up (several times) but was deliberately squashed with a ferocity only common in nigeria (and perhaps Uganda during the time of Idi Amin).”

It is clear from the above that my reference was to the issue of ‘ferocity’. I stated that this ferocity was common only in nigeria, and immediately adjusted that statement to make provision for the occurrence of a similar level of ferocity (in general terms) in Uganda (hence the text in brackets). My statement does not address the issue of secession in Uganda. That was not the issue I was addressing. Nilla’s statement on the removal of secession as a topic for discussion in the Constitutional Conference in nigeria [/b]was: “I don't know why the subject was never brought up”. It is to this that I responded.

I can see how one may arrive at the conclusion you did. I however hope my explanation sufficiently clears this up for you.

I was in the East during one of the MASSOB stay at home 'directives' (doesn't that word sound a tard dictatoral?). And I can assure you that most people stayed home not because they supported MASSOB, but because they were afraid for their lives and property. Not exactly a very nice way to win popular support.

Chxta, we have debated this point before. My reply to you then was that even if I concede to you that the Igbo in the East were afraid of MASSOB, what about Igbos in Kaduna, Lagos, Jos, Kano, et cetera? They too observed the strike. [b]Were they also afraid of MASSOB?
You avoided giving an answer for understandable reasons. You were as wrong then as you are now. If you can explain this phenomenon, do so. Else, let us agree to pencil down this point as ‘treated’.

Anambra's degeneration has been going on for a long time. That is the truth. It is such that even Odimegwu (*I spit*) had the nerve to use ABU (Anambra Brought Upwhatever that means) to brag that he would show anti-third termers that he is ABU.

1. My question to you was, and I repeat, ‘When did Anambra begin its severe degeneration?’. That said, it is also important to point out that Anambra’s degeneration prior to the period of severity I highlighted, is in tune with the overall degeneration of nigeria.

2. I shall not address in any kind of detail, your needless injection of Ojukwu’s name. None on this forum or elsewhere has been able to convince me that Ojukwu didn’t do all he could to prevent war – even though his charges (Easterners) were being slaughtered in great numbers all over the nation. If you care to try (again), then be my guest. Historical facts have not changed.

And when was the last 'annual' massacre to use your words.

Those are not my words. My actual words, as typed by me and even quoted by you were: “ . . . it will be a lot better than the almost yearly massacres . . . .” Please refer.

It can't be removed from the history books that we have suffered at the hands of the almajiri AND THEIR SPONSORS, but then again, that is the price a people pay when they are successful and mercantile like we are. Read Jews (whom some wrongly claim we are) for that.

You severely contradict this statement below when you say the almajiri are not encouraged to attack the Igbo. I shall highlight it when I come to it.

Would you say we pull out of Naija because we have had it rough (and still flourished)? Then the African Americans should have pulled out of the US a long time ago.

1. Having it ‘rough’ is miles away from having to deal with artificial obstacles, strategically placed to hold us down because we are Igbo. We do not want special treatment. Why is it surprising that we are slighted because we are treated as servants instead of partners? Or are we not?

2. We have not flourished because of Nigeria’s influence but despite this. Give credit to whom it is due.

3. The AA example does not apply. They were taken to America not as equals but as slaves. The Igbo, from the outset of nigerian independence, were supposed to be equal partners. We are not.

4. Many AA slaves ‘pulled out’ of America. Think Freetown, Sierra Leone.

5. The American Civil war was fought to enforce the prohibition of slavery.

Erm, stealing is being practised on a grand scale in the following states: Edo, Delta, Enugu, Rivers, Adamawa, Zamfara, Abia, Bayelsa, Taraba, in all these states from ward level to state level, all directly answerable to their people, and all under the watchful eyes of their people. Part of the problem with Nigeria as a whole (and it is obviously part of you too, I have that problem from time to time) is impatience. The wheels of justice grind slowly as the former governor of Illinois found out.

1. Stealing is practiced on a grand scale in more States than you have mentioned. But that is beside the point.

2. The governors in Nigeria are only answerable to Aso Rock! That’s the fact. The people have not been empowered. Stop trying to lead us up the garden path!

3. The war ended almost 40 years ago and we are still where we were when we went to war. What lack of patience is it you speak of? Shall we wait another 40 years before speaking up?

4. Doesn’t it strike you as strange that in providing an example of the wheels of justice, you have to turn to an example from the States?  cheesy Start from your nigeria. Feel free to start with Tafa Balogun and his 6 months slap on the wrist.

I believe you are talking of the airport at Owerri. Good. That is not an Igbo airport, it is an Imo airport. The Igbo also remain the only group to have delibrately scuttled an existing airport project by the Federal Government on their land. Read Oba.

cheesy Was it only those from Imo that donated money to build the airport?  The Igbo are the widest travelled in that country due to their strong business leanings, so it became necessary to get the airport built as it would be of benefit to all Igbo in the region. We successfully got that done yet the government has to this day refused to bequeath Owerri airport international status. Meanwhile, States like Sokoto and Maiduguri have international airports. No surprise there. I just wonder how many people travel out of these airports compared to the volume of international travel that Sam Mbakwe airport would generate.

On Oba, please provide an explanation. I’d like to know how and why the Igbo deliberately scuttled an existing airport project. Do share.

They are not encouraged to attack Igbo. I've lived among them, and like every group of people, there is always the xenophobia that comes when 'aliens' come to live amongst them and flourish.

They are not encouraged to attack the Igbo? C’mon now. When they attend Friday prayers and are sent out, who are they told to attack? Please, also refer to the thread where I presented quotes from the Northern House of Assembly showing the concoction of all manner of despicable measures to destroy the Igbo. These have continued to this day. Let’s not go down this all too familiar road. These issues are well documented.

*Erm, this is the contradiction I referred to above. You said earlier that the Igbo have suffered at the hands of the almajiri and their sponsors. Now you say they are not encouraged to attack the Igbo*

Being in the UK you must have heard of the BNP. I'd suggest that you sleep with an eye open, because at the end of the day your skin my dear friend distinguishes you from other British. One day the same thing you point out that the almajiri did to nd'Igbo would visit you in the UK. The examples are already there in France and the rest of the continent. 

1. Bia, na swear you dey swear for me abi wetin?

2. The thing is, if you live here long enough, you are going to experience all kinds of racism. When you are a student, and when you start working. In the nightclub, and in church. It all comes with the territory. But, British or not, I have at no time ever believed (even for a second) that I belong here. I do not. There is plenty of ‘excitement’ that comes with living in the UK as a young, black male. Everybody hates me. But, in nigeria, because I am Igbo, everybody hates me too. So, what is your point?

India and the Asian tigers fluorished because their neighbours were friendly and cooperative. We (nd'Igbo) don't have that luxury. Do not be deceived. Let us face facts, when that division you are clamouring for comes, the first to turn against us would be our South-South brothers.

Why would they turn against us? Your presumption would be correct if we were to force them into a union with us. That has never been the intention. As you know force to be a poor substitute for genuine collaboration, why does it surprise you that the Igbo have turned against nigeria as you expect the South-South to turn against the Igbo if coerced into a union? We were forced to remain in the union that is Nigeria! Refer to the civil war. Ah, ah!

We won't have space to trade because we'll be too busy covering our flanks. Nilla's comment here lends credence to this. For avoidance of doubt, she said: At least the Igbo's are recognized, what about other minor tribes.

1. Were we not trading all through the years of the civil war while, at the same time, ‘covering our flanks’? To add to that, the greatest technological advances experienced in that country occurred during the war, on Biafran soil.

2. Your comments do not have direct bearing to the situation as we know it. It is not the nature of the Igbo to force any into a union. That has always been nigeria’s strong suit.

The problem I usually have with the split most Igbo's want is,  They want to split and include the niger delta with them. But how do we know that split is also the best thing for the Niger delta.That should give you a clue as to the unconscious lack of regard they have for us.

Again, this lacks direct bearing.

But Nzeribe still holds sway in Oguta. Until we can truly remove those scum (and yes, that includes Ojukwu) we are not ready to seriously hold our own.

Firstly, bring yourself to acknowledge that the Summit of all Igbo showed singularity of purpose in dealing with the sabos in our midst.

Secondly, Nzeribe is a nigerian senator. The only reason why he represents Oguta is because he rigged the election. This fact is known by INEC, a government apparatus. Nothing was done. Let us be clear on that. He is not a genuine Igbo representative – far from it. Surely you know that.

In a lot of discussions throughout history, there have been no go areas. I strongly believe that in any discussion concerning Nigeria's future, seccession by any component part should be a no go area. We have gone down that route before, and we saw the consequences. The consequences now would even be more hellish.

Don’t be taken in by this no-go-area idiocy. It is used to pull the wool over the eyes of those who should know better. You are cleverer than that. I shall address this constitutional foolishness in greater detail below.

Let's assume that you are right, and that Naija's case is more complex than that of Ghana (I concede Kenya because the Swahili are too dominant there), then we roll the globe and look for a case that is more complex than Naija. India and Indonesia. So. . . ?

1. Ghana’s case doesn’t even come close to nigeria’s in terms of the complexity that diversity brings. There is no assumption to it. Let’s not bicker on this most obvious of matters.

2. India and Indonesia do not help your argument in the slightest. There is great diversity of tongue in these countries but they also have a unifying factor aside from the haphazardly demarcated boundaries that is also nigeria’s lot. An instance of this is religion, an element which we know to be a major factor in group cohesion. Indonesia is almost 90% Muslim while India is almost 85% Hindu. Despite this, there are still incidents of sectarian violence and insurgencies in various parts of these countries. Who told you any different? Let's examine the facts relating to these countries:

INDIA

*In 1984 Indira Ghandi was assassinated by her Sikh bodyguards because of perceived injustice towards the Sikh in India.

*A recent (August, 2006) BBC country profile of India states in part:

“Communal, caste and regional tensions continue to haunt Indian politics, sometimes threatening its long-standing democratic and secular ethos.”

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/country_profiles/1154019.stm

INDONESIA

* In 1999, Indonesia allowed a referendum to determine if its East Timorese citizens wanted to leave the union. The East Timorese voted ‘YES’. East Timor is now an independent nation.

*Indonesia now observes the implementation of regional autonomy laws in certain parts.

*Parallels can be drawn between what Indonesia endured before being swept along by the tide of change, and the stage of denial that Nigeria currently uses as shelter. Another BBC report states that:

“Militia loyal to Indonesia, apparently assisted by the military, tried in vain to use terror to discourage a vote for independence.”

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/country_profiles/1508119.stm

So you see, Chxta, no right-thinking individual should be proposing the protection of ‘no-go-areas’ in a country’s constitution. Do stop being delusional in your estimation of the merits of such twaddle. A country’s constitution after all, is a document that should draw legitimacy from its citizens approval and not the other way round.

In sum, using your provided country examples, we see that this notion of constitutional no-go-areas is complete poppycock. It has never worked; it will never work. No country with genuine intentions towards promoting a strong sense of nationalism would come up with something so draconian, so obviously unworkable, and so imbecilic in every way.

Next!

That’s my 'catchphrase'  angry tongue! Go get yours! NEXT!
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by Nutter(m): 9:25pm On Sep 22, 2006
@Chxta,

Bet you’ve heard of the recent activities of your almajiris. Those bloodthirsty loonies make the BNP look like a bunch of druids.
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by madlawyer1(m): 12:46am On Sep 23, 2006
u make it sound like they were attacking only Igbos?
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by Nutter(m): 1:14am On Sep 23, 2006
madlawyer1:

u make it sound like they were attacking only Igbos?

What word in my post on the recent attacks makes even the most minuscule of references to the Igbo?
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by Bhola(f): 1:22am On Sep 23, 2006
[size=4pt]Done![/size]
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by xkape(m): 4:36pm On Sep 24, 2006
OOOOOOOOOOhhhh NUTTER, NOT AGAIN undecided

Dearest Nutter

Pls, we know how u feel about splitting the country, but lets stick to the topic.

Besides there is hardly anybody here who can match ur argumentative skills

Question is, what would u do to improve Nigeria

My Anwer

1. Spend the first 6 months sucking up to the powers that be and secretly build a death-squad that would make the Gestapo look like boys scouts

2. Spend the next 1 week rounding up every one that has ever held political post or office in a public firm like Nepa. Conduct trials for however long it takes

3. Construct a 1000 acre concentration camp somewhere in the Savannah, guarded by the equivalent of 3 army divisions drawn from all over the country. This camp will revolutionalize how people think of prison. Wide open space with wire fence and guard towers

There will be several sections; farming comunities where u will be allowed to eat only what u produce with a remittance to the government. u can even bring ur family. High level prisoners will be re-educated chinese style. Some-one like Babangida would be stripped of all assets and made to learn a trade like carpentry. If he doesnt work, he doesnt eat

Area boy problem solved permmanently, as loiterers are rounded up from streets straight to the camp where they start planting cassava or something useful

4. Round table conference of all parties

5. Resource control. units will agree on a percentage they want to give to the center

6. Decentralised government, a loose federation with major regions having a veto on national decisions

7. Army shall be representative of the population, even if we have to force-draft people

8. Seperation of religion and state. No more religious posturing in public activities

9. Fast track of developmental projects in underdeveloped areas. Contract deadlines come with threat of imprisonment in said camp

10. Nuclear and Space program for power wink not weapons (yea right)

11. Pick a fight with America over oil, send oil price up, settle said fight and profit from it before they invade us

12. Ban the Chinese, Lebanese and all such -ese grin grin grin

13. Copy Brazilian model of ethanol as fuel: more money for cassava farmers, more work for the jobless, more work for engine-conversion firms, less pressure on refineries etc etc

14. Prop up bitumen export to its full potential a

15. Invite foreign investment into all sectors as long as there is a strict local content rule. Petrochemical plants especially. This is where the real money from petroleum is.

Thats enough for now
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by Nutter(m): 5:09pm On Sep 24, 2006
Xkape,

Na wa for you oh. Wetin I do you ? I thought we were now ‘tight’. I am not argumentative. I just try to tell the truth to the best of my ability – based on the facts. It’s not my fault that some people choose to argue about things that stare us in the face. Things which we all know about, think about, are embarrassed by and should be ashamed of.

Anyway, I did give a suggestion. I believe the best way to improve nigeria is division wink. That will put paid to the almajiri problem if nothing else angry. You suggest something similar yourself by your reference to a weaker centre and the separation of religion from matters of State. It was Nilla (yeah, blame her! angry) that started diverting this wonderful topic.

Meanwhile, I like your suggestions. I’m sure you can tell which ones have my full approval wink. Numbers 7, 9, 10, 11 and 12 got me laughing cheesy. As did the IBB and carpentry one. But, doesn’t that conflict with Number 1? I would have thought IBB would be one of the first to ‘go’.
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by xkape(m): 5:26pm On Sep 24, 2006
@ nutter

No shakin, we are TIGHT grin. Just couldnt resit the jab tongue

My death squads dont kill they just make u wish they did. angry
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by Nutter(m): 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2006
Death squad that doesn't kill? Are you alright, xkape?  cheesy tongue
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by nilla(f): 1:02am On Sep 25, 2006
xkape,
those were wonderful points.

Nutter:

It was Nilla (yeah, blame her! angry) that started diverting this wonderful topic.

Me ko! Me ni!. Don't divert blame oh angry
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by Odeku(m): 1:22am On Sep 25, 2006
Better transportation and housing for all under previledge
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by xkape(m): 8:15am On Sep 25, 2006
@ nutter

Some fates are worse than death. Death would be an escape for some people

@ nilla

gracias
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by Nutter(m): 12:25pm On Sep 25, 2006
nilla:

Me ko! Me ni!. Don't divert blame oh angry

Ah, ah.  What is getting you so hot under the collar? Cool down oh – before you do yourself an injury. Ku yari sit tongue. You were the one that started off by attacking my very, very good  cool suggestion. Innit?

* I see you have now added Yoruba to your list of languages. Very good.

@xkape,

I agree, jare. Some people deserve a much worse fate - KK in particular. We should go ‘medieval’ on his obese behind.  angry
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by Sijien(m): 12:34pm On Sep 25, 2006
obasanjo? nutter he wont survive dat now. heis too old. make him poor. dat is a betta punishment 4 peeps like him.
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by Nutter(m): 12:36pm On Sep 25, 2006
For KK, poverty is good but torture is better tongue
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by ono(m): 1:28pm On Sep 25, 2006
Nutter:

For KK, poverty is good but torture is better tongue

Yeah. Kingkong would give in when properly tortured. A random sticking of red hot iron in his ''arse'' will do. I think that even as old as he is, he's developed survival strategies for such state as poverty. He's stolen enough to last him for the rest of his life. How else can one explain his inability to nab IBB even when all the facts stare a primary 6 pupil in the face?

It's obvious that he's towing IBB's line, and he doesn't want to be [b]''disturbed''[/b]when he's munching away his loot at the end of his stay in Aso villa.
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by nilla(f): 1:51pm On Sep 25, 2006
Nutter,

i did not attack your very very good suggestions sad
I was only commenting.

Don't worry, nyad te esit
Don't shift noblame to me thats all grin

xkape,
your welcome.
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by xkape(m): 2:06pm On Sep 25, 2006
A good regime for KK would be to lock him in  a cage with a female gorrilla
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by ono(m): 2:16pm On Sep 25, 2006
xkape:

A good regime for KK would be to lock him in  a cage with a female gorrilla

That would only result to breeding miniature King kongs. And that could be worse for us all. We don't want energetic king kongs roaming the lands like dynosaurs, do we?
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by ono(m): 4:37pm On Sep 25, 2006
Hmn, I see brother Nutter has taken Chxta and one nilla headlong. I hail o! Nothing could best solve our problems in this country other than breaking up. It's the ultimate solution, believe me. And the divided components will achieve much after the great divide. It's just a matter of time, we'll be there.
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by xkape(m): 6:35pm On Sep 25, 2006
@ono

dont bet on it
Re: What Would You Do To Improve Nigeria If You Were The President by Nutter(m): 7:13pm On Sep 25, 2006
nilla:

Nutter,

i did not attack your very very good suggestions sad
I was only commenting.

Comments not attacks. Okaay. You for tell me now.

nilla:

Don't worry, nyad te esit

Very good.  Seson. E no for fit you. tongue

nilla:

Don't shift noblame to me thats all grin

Someone has to take the blame. Just so we don’t end up wrestling with this issue, let’s just blame Chxta. That should settle it. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unemployed Nigerian Pilots Protest Influx Of Expatriate Pilots / 19,000 Benefit From SURE-P In South-west / (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.