Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,042 members, 7,845,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me (6307 Views)

Ladies Can You Date A Guy Shorter Than You / Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? / Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by agaba123(m): 9:36pm On Feb 10, 2009
Uwaje:

so because she is a woman and hes a man and he has MONEY shes only there for the money?if you flip the script and its the woman with the money, what will you people say?

@ poster,I think he is only rushing because hes not getting any younger, 34 is in my opinion is too old to not be married with children, so maybe hes feelin the pressure from his fam.

about his height: if you feel like the jolly green giant next to him undecided then, u might want to rethink that idk, but one thing i can say is my mother did ONE thing right by marrying my dad, hes tall and we got his height grin
which means your mother is short. I will tell her
Girl
Just be sure of what you want and go for it. There is no way you will feel comfortable around someone you are not used to. He should give you sometime to be with him so you understand him. You are scared because you do not know him.
Get to know him and see if you are still scared.
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by Raymond4kc: 10:33pm On Feb 10, 2009
The height and age doesnot matter. What matters is this : Is this man the will of God for me ? Poster, if you dont consult God , I tell u , u might do mistake. Everybody here on Nairaland will tell you his/her own idea or what he/she feels is right but can not tell you the exact thing. I advice that u stop seeking man's advice and consult God otherwise u will be confused. REMEMBER FOR BETTER FOR WORSE. THIS AN EVERLASTING INSTITUTION YOU WANT TO GO INTO.

ALSO, REMEMBER ON THE DAY OF CREATION, GOD MADE BOTH THE TALL AND SHORT AND ALL THESE ARE FOR SOME PURPOSE. I WISH U THE BEST. CONSULT GOD HE WILL NEVER DISAPPOINT YOU , BUT YOUR MOTHER, SISTER , NAIRALANDERS EVEN ME CAN ADVICE YOU WRONGLY BUT GOD WONT. GOD BLESS YOU AS GO INTO YOUR SECRET AND SEEK THE FACE OF GOD.
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by stockwise: 12:54am On Feb 11, 2009
Raymond4kc:

The height and age doesnot matter. What matters is this : Is this man the will of God for me ? Poster, if you dont consult God , I tell u , u might do mistake. Everybody here on Nairaland will tell you his/her own idea or what he/she feels is right but can not tell you the exact thing. I advice that u stop seeking man's advice and consult God otherwise u will be confused. REMEMBER FOR BETTER FOR WORSE. THIS AN EVERLASTING INSTITUTION YOU WANT TO GO INTO.

ALSO, REMEMBER ON THE DAY OF CREATION, GOD MADE BOTH THE TALL AND SHORT AND ALL THESE ARE FOR SOME PURPOSE. I WISH U THE BEST. CONSULT GOD HE WILL NEVER DISAPPOINT YOU , BUT YOUR MOTHER, SISTER , NAIRALANDERS EVEN ME CAN ADVICE YOU WRONGLY BUT GOD WONT. GOD BLESS YOU AS GO INTO YOUR SECRET AND SEEK THE FACE OF GOD.
its nice and very sensible to seek God,but are you willing to wait for his answer?there's fine line btw the two
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by Raymond4kc: 1:05am On Feb 11, 2009
its nice and very sensible to seek God,but are you willing to wait for his answer?there's fine line btw the two
WHAT IS THE ESSENCE OF SEEKING GOD'S FACE WHEN U R NOT READY TO WAIT. I STILL ADVICE TO WAIT AND FROM GOD. THIS MIGHT LOOK TASKING BUT WAITOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by sillyboy(m): 1:06am On Feb 11, 2009
@ OP.

The age gap is quite big to be sincere. . . .and moreover, could you let us know why he is still single @ 35?

I am of the opinion that parental advise should never be disregarded when it comes to marriages.

What are you scared about?, . . . .you've said so much yet so little.

Good luck and peace out.
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by stockwise: 1:19am On Feb 11, 2009
sillyboy:

@ OP.

The age gap is quite big to be sincere. . . .and moreover, could you let us know why he is still single @ 35?

I am of the opinion that parental advise should never be disregarded when it comes to marriages.

What are you scared about?, . . . .you've said so much yet so little.

Good luck and peace out.
wat is dis fuse about age?do u know dat dowry price in some ethnic grp can be unsettling.also i know a part in ninja dat 35 is still tender age for marriage.ask bro next door smiley
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by sillyboy(m): 1:26am On Feb 11, 2009
stockwise:

wat is dis fuse about age?do u know dat dowry price in some ethnic grp can be unsettling.also i know a part in ninja dat 35 is still tender age for marriage.ask bro next door smiley

Actually, I dont have issues with age. . .if and only if the two parties can handle the difference. . . .
Am actually wondering why the guy aint married at 35. . . .could it be the bride price?. . . .well, we aint sure is Igbo. . .

35 tender for marriage?. . . .does he wanna raise his kid on 401k?. . . .when he could chill on the beach with it. . .

Good luck sha,
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by stockwise: 2:13am On Feb 11, 2009
Am actually wondering why the guy aint married at 35. . . .could it be the bride price?. . . .well, we aint sure is Igbo. . .

35 tender for marriage?.lol,u want to cause anoda civil war,i didnt mention any ethnic groupoooooooo
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by bodejohn(m): 8:30am On Feb 11, 2009
I wonder why most of the responses have been negative.
The girl did not tell us of her family's financial status,
The fact the man is a bank manager does not mean he is rich.
Probably many of the contributors are not married.
There has never been anyone right from Adam and Eve who never
had a form of fear or the other before getting married.
I am married and i know what i am talking about.
You will definitely have one wish that the man or the woman will not be able to meet.
She is absolutely right to feel this way.

My advise for this lady is to pray, pray and pray about it.
That you have these fears is a sign that God wants you
to iron the grey areas of the relationship with Him and the man.
I don't want to belief that you are in it for his money or status.
May the Lord help in your decision.
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by oluwdashmi(f): 9:44am On Feb 11, 2009
what are u doin on this forum u no say ur age mate no dey this forum not to talk of giving advice to sweet safy vamose. nne run
@daduke2k

Wht other advice did u want me to give her? Didn't u read the quote? Yu need to see ur doctor so fast!
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by gReenmAn(m): 10:57am On Feb 11, 2009
My advice. Never marry in a rush!!! If he loves you that much he can wait another couple of months so you can come to terms with your REAL emotions about him. Age? nah, no big deal, count yourself lucky, after all Nasfirs' Governor hubby is 31 years older than her tongue
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by JJYOU: 12:00pm On Feb 11, 2009
wbb
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by wunmilyn(f): 3:17pm On Feb 11, 2009
@poster
pls go for counselling and pray about it.
cos here, people wil come up with different opinion

it is only God dat will never lead u astray.
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by obillyj(f): 6:57pm On Feb 11, 2009
My dear i realy feel u. 2 b candid wit u,it's only u dat can tel & convince urslf wit d fact dat u rly "need" dis man.2 hlp u out,u nid 2 ask urslf these; do i truly lov him? Hw much does his age matter 2 me? Can i cope with d generational gap diference wen dey stat cumin up?Can i stand proudly wit him in public?Hw ready am i 2 stand my grnd wen my family objects?Etc. Mind u,true luv dosnt c age or height dif, it's nt scared or ashamed,it comes wit an inner peace.I feel d man is rushin u. He shld giv u tym,@least 6mnths strng courtship.Above al dearie, u jst ve 2 trust God totaly. Him alone knows d end 4rm d beginin.Alow Him 2 lead u. God's grace.
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by smurf1(f): 11:11pm On Feb 11, 2009
Must really suck for you hunh? embarassed
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by Tcrack(m): 12:02am On Feb 12, 2009
@ Deep Soul
MEN can be immature?

I totally disagree. Just cos you are old doesn't make you a MAN. Maturity is one of the most essential qualities in being a MAN. You must have been dealing with old boys. No offence.
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by ehisianya(m): 4:25pm On Feb 12, 2009
In addition to the above let Love be a determinant factor on who u marry.I can see an element of immaturity in u.The Word of GOD tells us that we are gods.It is ur sole reponsibility to choose from many.
( A BROKEN RELATIONSHIP IS BETTER THAN A BROKEN MARRIAGE).
If I may ask, do u really know what u want in terms of marriage? If yes will u recognise it when u see it.
I can see a lot risk which is good for u. Again how tall are u? If both of u are not tall,u should be very careful bc of the children both of u will produce;they may not forgive both u for not seeing beyond the present. The beautiful ones are not yet born.
Ur happiness matters a lot,be jealous of urself,no compromise in marriage.Any issue u fail to comfront and address will comfront u. I wish u well.
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by D1KeleVra(m): 7:04pm On Feb 12, 2009
@Topic
Wow1! What a purrfect couple. What could be lovelie, than these two lovebirds painting Naija Red o Saturday. . . Alot of paint brush n a palette.  kiss Awww! Sweeet!  tongue
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by annyplenty(m): 10:48pm On Feb 12, 2009
SOMEBODY IS HIDING SOME SECRETS FOR SOMEBODY. The marriage might not work. you have alot of issues too difficult to resolve from onset.
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by Unubi(f): 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2009
Dont confuse urself girl. If u luv him, get closer and study him. age is nothing but number. I know of a number of married coples with such or larger age differences, I also know other re/ships with such age diff. the closer the age gap doesnt imply better marriage. Compatibility matters most. Study him and c If u ar compatible.

AND IF NOT, U AND I HAVE CLOSER GAP AND IM DEFINITELY TALLER; IF I CAN,
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by Bosin(m): 10:44am On Feb 14, 2009
If u really luv him like u said, 4get everything ur mom dad and everybody is sayin.luv got notin 2 do with shortness or age.
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by tessyuch: 4:48pm On Feb 18, 2009
My dear, it appears your very much confused. If you think deepdown your heart you love him then, go ahead.
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by NegroNtns(m): 4:54pm On Feb 18, 2009
3 problems:

1. u're not free with him - every woman shld NOT marry a man they do not feel 100% free with no matter his level of achievement.

2. He's rushing you.

3. your family know something u're too blind to see. Trust them.

Clap! Clap!! Clap!!!

I agree.

David, for God's sake you do well in Romance. Why don't you stay here where you earn great accolade? Politics is way too much for you to handle competently. grin
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by blesbeatz(m): 4:35pm On Feb 19, 2009
love is not determined by age,class,height,complexion e.t.c so if u love him fine & if not run as far as u can.s wink
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by D1KeleVra(m): 4:59pm On Feb 19, 2009
@blebeanz
actually it is! you see AGE: A 19yr old girl can fall in love with a 24yr old guy and its ok; but the other way round its not. . . according to some immature ladies. cheesy
CLASS: If ur broke, realy broke, and ur girlfriend is driving a hummer why hummer sef well, if im ur friend i will laugh at u until u break up, then i will chase this girl with my Range. grin
HEIGHT: UMMMM! A midget man n a 6'5" chick just don't fit, even ur short-ass knows it. tongue
COMPLEXION: Here, i don't realy care, cos im just being a donkey's behind. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by ausbones(m): 8:31am On Feb 20, 2009
this guy proposed to me and he's 12 years older.  i am 22 and he's 34.  i love him although i am not so free with him., i mean, i'm a little scared of him.  my folks dont think it will work out.  my elder sister hates his height.  my parents dont like his rush.  he's in a hurry to get married to me.  he wants marriage in 5months time.  i dont know what to do now.[quote][/quote]

i dont think the problems here is the age difference but how you feel. the first good thing is that you love him although you are not free with him its ok i think it because of the fact you are conscious of the age difference put that behind you then you will be free with him. however b4 u decide you have to find out answer some questions like
1. does he treat you as an adult
2. does he respect your opinion
3. how long have you known him
4. is he real
5 does he have the character of your ideal man
if the answer to these questions are yes then you can start considering him. on the height thing you can always overcome that if you can answer the above questions correctly. but a word of caution is dont rush just take your time to know him  if he loves you he will be patient with you ( but dont drag it unnecessarily) and follow your heart and when you are settled and your family is not try to let them see the reasons that informed your decisions. i hope you will be happy. i wish you good luck
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by segzicres(m): 9:57am On Feb 20, 2009
i must say that the poster's TOO young to even venture into marriage. and from the info i gathered you barely know him (probaly 2 weeks) i.e when you actually spend time together. he's already rushing You. that WAS the case when my mum was to marry my dad, now he has two wives and i had to hustle most OF my stuffs. i advice against the marriage.
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by kelvinO(m): 11:17am On Feb 20, 2009
how can you say you love him when you see his height and age,
feel uncomfortable around him? believe me its the money
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by ausbones(m): 3:28pm On Feb 20, 2009
don't allow anyone to castigate you just get to know him well, order your priorities and know for 22 it is not too young to get married as long as you are emotionally mature and ready to be committed to marriage. just work at some other important things to arrive at a good decision.
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by Akatamba(m): 8:47am On Feb 23, 2009
my advice to u is pray to God.HE is only one that can not lead you astray.

Whos is "God"?
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 23, 2009
@ Poster,

Let me tell you one thing. From your description of this man, he sounds desperate. There is nothing as annoying as a desperate older guy who wants to take advantage of a 22-year old naive girl. He is rushing you because experience has taught him that the longer he stays with a woman, the less appealing he becomes to her. The women he has dated in the past have all rejected his proposals and he is hoping that YOU will be the one to change the scenario before you mature and realize that he is not desirable.

Secondly, you say that you do not feel free with him. What the hell would you be doing with a man that you are clearly not at ease with?

Three, conversation and intellectual stimulation is as important as love, respect and intimacy in any relationship. What do the two of you talk about when you are together? I am sure that at your age, you want to talk about Rihanna, Neyo and Britney Spears, and the desparado just wants to discuss financial investments and economic policies. Can you handle it?

Poster, do not marry this man. I have said my piece.
Re: He's 12 Years Older Than Me And He's Shorter Than Me by pureminded: 7:04pm On Mar 26, 2009
@poster , can u post d pics of you both,so judgment will be made

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Am In Love Wit A 13 Years Old Girl... How Do I Win Her Heart. + Pix Inside / DEJOKE'S DIARY. (the Strange Ways We Find Love) / Top Five Most Handsome Guys Ever In The History Of Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.