Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

7 Sure Ways To Make People Like You And Win Friends Over - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Sure Ways To Make People Like You And Win Friends Over (1080 Views)

7 Sure Fire Ways Of Getting Your Ex-boyfriend Back. Ladies Only!!! / 7 Sure Fire Ways To Get Your Ex-girlfriend Back!!! / 10 Things You Do In Nigeria That Make People Label You A “ Bad Girl” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Sure Ways To Make People Like You And Win Friends Over by pato255(m): 12:05pm On May 15, 2015
Ever wondered Why people don't like You? It's not about them, it's all about You. Follow this magical steps and see the stupendous results:
1.BECOME GENUINELY INTERESTED IN OTHERS: There is an old saying that "nobody cares about How much u know until they know How much u care". So if we want to make friends & make people like us, Let's put ourselves out to do things for others_ things that require time, energy and unselfishness. Ask others sincerely about their well-being and see the wonderful results.
2. SMILE: According to psychologists "people who smile, tend to manage, teach, sell more effectively and raise happier children. There is far more information in a smile than a frown. A smile says "I like u, You make me Happy, I'm glad to see u". It costs nothing, but creates much. It enriches those who Receive, without impoverishing those who give. For nobody needs a smile So much as those who have none left to give.
3. REMEMBER PEOPLE'S NAMES: There is this story about Alexander the Great that made his soldiers love him. He knew all their names by heart _ History estimates them to be about two thousand soldiers and it worked wonders for him. Remember that a person's name is to that person the sweetest sound in the world. Remember that name and u have paid the person a subtle and a very effective compliment.
4. BE A GOOD LISTENER: This is an easy way to become a very Good conversationalist. The world is already full of great talkers, So if u want to make friends easily, be a Good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves. Give people rapt attention; It's the one of the highest compliment we can pay anyone.
5. TALK IN TERMS OF THE OTHER PERSON'S INTEREST: The royal road to a person's heart is to talk about the things they treasure the most. It is a valuable technique to use in business, relationships etc. Talking in terms of the other person's interest pays off for both parties. Believe me people like talking about their achievements.
6. MAKE OTHERS FEEL IMPORTANT: According to John Dewey " The desire to be important and the craving to be appreciated is the deepest urge in human nature". So Let's obey this golden rule and give unto others what we would have others give unto us. If we can obey this law, we shall never get into trouble. It will bring us countless friends and constant happiness. So now don't be selfish, radiate a little happiness and pass on a bit of honest appreciation without trying to get some thing out of the person in return. When people feel Happy around u, they will keep coming back.
7. TALK ABOUT YOUR OWN MISTAKES: Nobody likes an "holier-than-thou" attitude. Here is the thing, don't criticize others, but if u must do, talk about your mistakes first. It isn't nearly difficult to listen to a recital of your faults if the person criticizing begins by humbly admitting that he, too, is far from impeccable. HUMILITY AND PRAISE can do for u and me in our daily contacts veritable miracles.
Finally, dealing with people is probably the biggest problem we face in all facets of our life. If u can sincerely follow these principles, You will start seeing extraordinary results. THANKS FOR READING. YOU? YES, YOU.
Re: 7 Sure Ways To Make People Like You And Win Friends Over by shakazuldadon: 12:07pm On May 15, 2015
you dont have to make people like you angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Sure Ways To Make People Like You And Win Friends Over by galaxy15(m): 12:07pm On May 15, 2015
space booked...
Re: 7 Sure Ways To Make People Like You And Win Friends Over by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 15, 2015
Just Be Yourself.
Re: 7 Sure Ways To Make People Like You And Win Friends Over by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 15, 2015
If you see me and start smiling, I'll take you as a gay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Sure Ways To Make People Like You And Win Friends Over by dharay99: 12:15pm On May 15, 2015
0p, see change d like in ur topic to love,
Then I go come read ur textbook... cry
Re: 7 Sure Ways To Make People Like You And Win Friends Over by chijoy7(f): 12:15pm On May 15, 2015
OK

meanwhile

this land is not for sale
Re: 7 Sure Ways To Make People Like You And Win Friends Over by pato255(m): 12:19pm On May 15, 2015
shakazuldadon:
Believe me u need people to succeed in life and if they don't like u, they are not gonna trust u.
YOUR NETWORK DETERMINES YOUR NET WORTH.
Re: 7 Sure Ways To Make People Like You And Win Friends Over by TheSonOfMark(m): 12:26pm On May 15, 2015
shakazuldadon:

Exactlysmiley!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Sure Ways To Make People Like You And Win Friends Over by Tallesty1(m): 12:29pm On May 15, 2015
pato255:
Believe me u need people to succeed in life and if they don't like u, they are not gonna trust u.
I know what is right and I do everything possible to keep doing them.

I don't go extra miles to impress anybody or to be liked by people.
Re: 7 Sure Ways To Make People Like You And Win Friends Over by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 15, 2015
Pato255:

Nice essay. Did you come up with this yourself?

Or

Are you plagarizing or practising intellectual dishonesty?

#just curious. Anxiously awaiting your response
Re: 7 Sure Ways To Make People Like You And Win Friends Over by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 15, 2015
pato255:

this d only sensible statement u've made today

1 Like

Re: 7 Sure Ways To Make People Like You And Win Friends Over by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 15, 2015
missclasssy:
Just Be Yourself.

I agree with this premise save for to modify it to include:

Be your BETTER self. This is the essense of growth, progress and civilization.

Why?

You cannot be your true self if your true self is: rude, disrespectful, obnoxious, uncivilized, a brute etc

My opinion

1 Like

Re: 7 Sure Ways To Make People Like You And Win Friends Over by pato255(m): 12:49pm On May 15, 2015
Xiadnat:
Pato255:

Nice essay. Did you come up with this yourself?

Or

Are you plagarizing or practising intellectual dishonesty?

#just curious. Anxiously awaiting your response
very clever and funny question.
which one is intellectual dishonesty, isn't it the same thing as plagiarism.
Okay, Just to quench your curiosity. I didn't come up with all these principles on my own. Let's say it's a combination of all the points I have come across in several books and some of my life experiences.
And to Folks saying u don't have to make people like You. You are absolutely correct and I can't change that opinion.
Re: 7 Sure Ways To Make People Like You And Win Friends Over by kinglekan: 12:55pm On May 15, 2015
Very true @ Op

Number 3 would definitely earn you huge points in the business world. It shows you are not oblivious of little things.

Next time try add some para to your post. You make it quite difficult to read by muddling it up.

smiley
Re: 7 Sure Ways To Make People Like You And Win Friends Over by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 15, 2015
pato255:

very clever and funny question.
which one is intellectual dishonesty, isn't it the same thing as plagiarism.
Okay, Just to quench your curiosity. I didn't come up with all these principles on my own. Let's say it's a combination of all the points I have come across in several books and some of my life experiences.
And to Folks saying u don't have to make people like You. You are absolutely correct and I can't change that opinion.

Intellectual dishonesty is a form of plagarizing whereby you "adapt" someone else work or idea and make it yours withou giving them acknowlegement.

Thank you! Great books. One is: "Win friends and influence people"--Dale Carneige.

You are right in that you cannot make people like you no matter what but: those principles aforementioned are just basic tennets of human relationship and should be adopted and practiced--- whether people like you or not.

To like you is not the goal but to be a descent human being. They do increase your odds of getting people in your favor and influence them even when they dont like you.

1 Like

Re: 7 Sure Ways To Make People Like You And Win Friends Over by pato255(m): 1:06pm On May 15, 2015
missclasssy:
Just Be Yourself.
I honestly belong to your school of thought. Be yourself everybody else is already taken.
But the Good thing about these principles is that it makes u a better You. it isn't about impressing people but about making u and other persons better.
BUT IF YOU KNOW YOU ARE ALREADY GOOD ENOUGH, THEN THERE IS NO NEED TO TRY AND GET BETTER. Believe me there is always room for improvement. Thanks
Re: 7 Sure Ways To Make People Like You And Win Friends Over by njuwo(m): 1:11pm On May 15, 2015
Good points op, they have been all my mind all this while but i don't know how to write them for book like you do so but op one of my life principle is that i no dey beg shi.t dey smell meaning; i don't get people to like me. A person that wants to like you, will like you for what you are and not what you potray to him or her.

1 Like

Re: 7 Sure Ways To Make People Like You And Win Friends Over by pato255(m): 1:11pm On May 15, 2015
kinglekan:
Very true @ Op

Number 3 would definitely earn you huge points in the business world. It shows you are not oblivious of little things.

Next time try add some para to your post. You make it quite difficult to read by muddling it up.

smiley
Thanks for the heads up, kinglekan. it's actually my first post. I will get better with time. Thanks again

1 Like

Re: 7 Sure Ways To Make People Like You And Win Friends Over by sinizia: 1:14pm On May 15, 2015
I don't need anyone to like me. If you like me, good, if you don't, your problem.

(1) (Reply)

Meet Man Who Decided To Bear His Wife's Father's Name. Oh... / The Hormone That Gets Us Drunk On Love: How Chemical Oxytocin Is ..... / How My Boss' Lover Exposed Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.