Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,115 members, 7,828,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. - Sports (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (249467 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: 0 - 2 (Full Time) / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:36am On Nov 17, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria Vs Swaziland: 5 Away Draws Eagles Turned Around At Home
[/size]

The Super Eagles will host Swaziland in the return leg of the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier in Pot Harcourt on Tuesday. In the first leg in Lobamba thEagles played an uninspiring 0-0 draw against their less-fancied hosts.

And as football fans across the country look forward to an improved performance, Comple tesportsnigeria.com’s JAMES AGBEREBI lists five ties the Eagles have progressed from in the past after a dodgy first leg…

NIGERIA VS ERITREA (2002 WORLD CUP QUALIFIER, 1ST ROUND)
The Super Eagles took on Eritrea in the first round of the 2002 FIFA World Cup qualifier. In the first leg that took place in Asmara, the Eritreans held the Eagles to a surprise 0-0 draw. In the return leg at the National Stadium, Lagos, the Eagles won 4-0. Goals from Benedict Akwuegbu, Garba Lawal, Jonathan Akpoborie and Nwankwo Kanu, sealed the win for Nigeria and qualification into the group stage of the qualifiers.

The Eagles went on to qualify for the 2002 World cup, after topping a group that had Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Sudan.

NIGERIA VS RWANDA (2013 AFCON QUALIFIER, 1ST ROUND)
After missing out on the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations co-hosted by Equatorial Guinea and Gabon, the Super Eagles made amends by picking one of the tickets for the 2013 which they went on to win.

In the first round of the qualifiers, the Eagles were drawn against Rwanda. The first leg saw the Eagles hold Rwanda to a 0-0 draw in Kigali. In the reverse fixture played inside the U.J, Esuene Stadium in Calabar, the Eagles won 2-0 thanks to goals from Ike Uche and Ahmed Musa.

NIGERIA VS LIBERIA (2013 AFCON QUALIFIER, 2ND ROUND)
The Super Eagles took on Liberia in the final round of the 2013 AFCON qualifiers and played a 2-2 draw in the first leg in Monrovia.

The return leg saw the Eagles triumph 6-1, with goals from Efe Ambrose, Ahmed Musa, Victor Moses (brace), Mikel Obi and Ike Uche.

NIGERIA – GUINEA (1990 AFCON QUALIFIER, 1ST ROUND)
Guinea took on the Super Eagles in the first round of the 1990 Cup of Nations qualifiers. The first leg was played in Conakry, with the Eagles holding their hosts to a 1-1 draw before emerging 3-0 victors back home.

The Eagles went on to qualify for Algiers 1990 Cup of Nations following a 4-1 aggregate win against Zimbabwe in the second round qualifiers.

NIGERIA – SIERRA LEONE (1978 AFCON QUALIFIER, 1ST ROUND)
The race for a place at the 1978 edition of the Cup of Nations in Ghana saw the Eagles face Sierra Leone in the first round of the qualifiers. The Leone Stars hosted the first leg but could only hold the Eagles to a 1-1 draw. And in the return leg, the Eagles made home advantage count with a 2-0 win.

And in the final round against Senegal, the Eagles won 4-3 on aggregate and were among the teams that featured in Ghana.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/nigeria-vs-swaziland-5-away-draws-eagles-turned-around-at-home/

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:39am On Nov 17, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Rabiu Gets Oliseh Pardon, To Miss Swaziland Return Clash
[/size]
By David Meshioye:
Super Eagles manager Sunday Oliseh will not wield the big stick against FC Trencin midfielder Rabiu Ibrahim after the Slovakia-based player was accused of hiding his injury during Nigeria’s goalless World Cup qualifying clash with Swaziland last Friday.

There was serious speculation in Port Harcourt on Monday night that the former Golden Eaglets midfielder may have played his last match under coach Oliseh following his action which saw the player being hauled off within 20 minutes after he struggled to keep up with the pace of the game.

But Super Eagles media officer Toyin Ibitoye revealed to Comple tesportsnigeria.com that Rabiu can now heave a sigh of relief after he was beckoned upon by Oliseh to join with the rest of the squad in Monday’s training session at the Adokiye Amasiemaka stadium, although but has been ruled out of Tuesday’s tie.

“The matter has been settled by the coach as I talk to you. He (Rabiu) actually trained with the rest of the squad and has been pardoned by the coach
“Coach Sunday Oliseh will make his team known to the public tomorrow (today),” Ibitoye said.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/rabiu-gets-oliseh-pardon-to-miss-swaziland-return-clash/

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Tomtoxic: 1:32pm On Nov 17, 2015
mikron:
@ my friend Tomtoxic me gallant o. i full ground remain. na work cause am. i dey. how body? SWAZILAND must go down 2morow in PH. did u agree with me?
I AGREE #6-0

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 17, 2015
Eagles Lineup!
I pray they win with this Squad?

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 17, 2015
adeyemi2015:
Eagles Lineup! I pray they win with this Squad?
chai.oliseh is confused ooo..
make we no fuk up today' oo

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by mikron(m): 4:40pm On Nov 17, 2015
terzurum5:

You are well come Sir Mikron.
Nice to drag you back to the thread out of your tight schedules.

The Swazis want to bite more than they can chew. I just pray Oliseh designs the right match plan that will enable the Super Eagles to disgrace them tomorrow.

I pray for a harvest of goals tomorrow.
why would oliseh bench mikel in this 1st half?

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by terzurum5(m): 4:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
mikron:
why would oliseh bench mikel in this 1st half?

Maybe he wants to bring him on in the second half for final damage to the opposition.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 17, 2015
The Team played well in the first half except the begging chances that were missed by Ighalo!
I think we need to start the second half with Martins or Ihenacho leading the attack line!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:06pm On Nov 17, 2015
adeyemi2015:
The Team played well in the first half except the begging chances that were missed by Ighalo!
I think we need to start the second half with Martins or Ihenacho leading the attack line!

I didn't see Nacho on the list, maybe a mistake.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nigerian Ronaldo!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Tomtoxic: 6:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
we won!! ighalo vowed that naija will not win 6-0 OK na no wahala. igboun really tried today

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 17, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

I didn't see Nacho on the list, maybe a mistake.
That Onobi guy played a nice game! He played the position very well and was like Pogba with the Ball movement and calmness!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by lexyman(m): 6:14pm On Nov 17, 2015
Now someone need to see reason with me why I said we need younger legs in the super eagles . We can continue with the old legs and expect to to see something different ... Flop of the match , ighalo Musa ,followed by the late substitute Martins

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 17, 2015
yes am impressed with the way we executed this match...though we missed a couple of mouth watering chances.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
is efe Ambrose and musa related?

they act like twin brothers.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by lexyman(m): 6:53pm On Nov 17, 2015
krattoss:
yes am impressed with the way we executed this match...though we missed a couple of mouth watering chances.

Don't be carried away , a more organized side will punish them for their wastefulness , Swasiland has just proved that....Oliseh need to work harder . The team has not really done well , we have not done well . I give them credit in the aspect of set-pieces , we are becoming dangerous . We took our chances in d last 2 matches .

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 17, 2015
lexyman:

Don't be carried away , a more organized side will punish them for their wastefulness , Swasiland has just proved that....Oliseh need to work harder . The team has not really done well , we have not done well . I give them credit in the aspect of set-pieces , we are becoming dangerous . We took our chances in d last 2 matches .
My Brother! This is African Football! You can't expect them to put in more than they did! Kindly endeavor to appreciate these Lads once in a while! They all played better and no need to single out any of them for blame(s)! We are surely Oliver Twist, but we shouldn't fail to appreciate Half a loaf of bread! grin

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by lexyman(m): 7:13pm On Nov 17, 2015
adeyemi2015:

My Brother! This is African Football! You can't expect them to put in more than they did! Kindly endeavor to appreciate these Lads once in a while! They all played better and no need to single out any of them for blame(s)! We are surely Oliver Twist, but we shouldn't fail to appreciate Half a loaf of bread! grin

Go back and quote me where I single out players for blame then , u will have to understand the point I am tryn to prove . My friend I don't want u to celebrate mediocrity , we look better than what we have played today . Both on paper and numbers of talents we have in the team . The only improvement I ve seen so far ,I did mention it and nothing else.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 17, 2015
lexyman:

yes but it's good to give credit to who and when its due

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BlackAlbino6(m): 7:22pm On Nov 17, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers - Africa Nigeria
Nigeria go past stubborn Swaziland
[/size]

Moses Simon of Nigeria beat Mkheweli Sanele of Swaziland in first leg

Nigeria needed two second-half goals to go past a stubborn Swaziland Tuesday and advance to the next round of the qualifying tournament for the 2018 World Cup on a 2-0 aggregate.

The first leg was a scoreless draw in Lobambo on Friday.

After a scoreless first half, Moses Simon put Nigeria finally in front after 51 minutes courtesy of a sublime free kick before Celtic defender Efe Ambrose tapped home a second goal three minutes from time.

Phumlami Dlamini of Swaziland was sent off in the closing minutes of this intriguing match-up for a second booking.

Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh sensationally dropped Chelsea midfielder Mikel Obi for Sunshine Stars Paul Onobi and it was a gamble that paid off as the Eagles midfield was a lot more creative than it was in Swaziland last week.

Domestic league stars Chima Akas and Austin Oboroakpo were also preferred to their Europe-based counterparts as Nigeria went for broke against a team ranked 71 spots below them by FIFA.

As expected visiting Swaziland sat back in their defence, but Nigeria failed to break their resistance in the first 45 minutes or were very poor in their finishing.

Skipper Ahmed Musa, Moses Simon and Watford striker Odion Ighalo all had chances to calm the nerves of the big crowd at the Adokiye Amiesemaka Stadium in Port Harcourt, but they failed to do so.

After half an hour, Ighalo was clear of goal but his shot with only the goalkeeper to beat screamed way off target.

But three minutes later, Swaziland came close to break the deadlock but Sandile Hlatwako, who scored a t brace against Djibouti in the previous round of the qualifiers, ballooned his shot from deep inside the Nigeria box.

Moses Simon’s superb free kick goal soon after the interval calmed many nerves after Sylvester Igbonu missed a sitter in the 47thminute with the entire Swaziland defence including the goalkeeper at his mercy. His scoffed shot missed the target somehow.

Ighalo was full of endeavor but ineffective and in the 72ndminute, Moses Simon had a chance to get a brace but his low shot from inside the box was firmly held by goalkeeper Gwebu.

Swaziland were not done yet as in the 83rdminute, Ikeme made his biggest save of the day when he tipped away for a corner an audacious lob by Njabulo Ndlovu, which was heading for goal.

Efe Ambrose’s "striker's" goal in the 87thminute off a free kick by Igbonu will then put the game beyond a resolute Swaziland side, who must certainly be proud of what they produced against the more illustrious hosts even without their inspirational skipper Tony Tsabedze.

Nigeria starting XI vs Swaziland - Carl Ikeme – Shehu Abdulahi, Chima Akas, Austin Oboroakpo, Efe Ambrose – Ogenyi Onazi, Paul Onobi, Sylvester Igbonu – Moses Simon, Odion Ighalo, Ahmed Musa (Skipper)

Swaziland starting XI – Gwebu – Mandla Palma, Dlamini, Mdluli, Nxumalo, Mthunzi Mkhontfo, Dlamini, Njabulo, Sanele Mkhweli, Phumlami Dlamini, Hlatjwako
[/b]

africanfootball.com//news/585873/Nigeria-go-past-stubborn-Swaziland

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by joseph1013: 7:24pm On Nov 17, 2015
Well, overall the team was not impressive. What is delightful though is that players in the team now realize that no one is indispensable. Oliseh had the balls to bench Mikel because according to him he did not play to instruction in the last game, and bring in Onobi who has been nothing short of magnificent in the CHAN Eagles. He dropped Echiejile for Home-based Chima Akas of Sharks. Austin Oboroakpo of Abia Warriors came in for Oboabona.

I'm not happy with Oliseh overall, but I gotta praise him for believing in these home stars. It's brilliant, especially because we won. End justifies the means, right?

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BlackAlbino6(m): 7:29pm On Nov 17, 2015
[size=14pt]
Obafemi Martins plays 15 minutes in Nigeria's 2-0 victory over Swaziland
[/size]

Sounders FC Designated Player Obafemi Martinsplayed 15 minutes with the Nigerian National Team in a 2-0 victory over Swaziland on Tuesday, helping the Super Eagles into the third round of qualifying in 2016.

Nigeria and Swaziland played to a scoreless draw on Friday, when Martins came on for the final 19 minutes of the match. On Tuesday, Martins subbed on for Ahmed Musa, who currently plays for Russian club CSKA Moscow, in the 75th minute.

The appearance was the 41st of Martins' international career and his fourth since appearing at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

www.soundersfc.com/post/2015/11/17/obafemi-martins-plays-15-minutes-nigerias-2-0-victory-over-swaziland

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:40pm On Nov 17, 2015
adeyemi2015:

That Onobi guy played a nice game! He played the position very well and was like Pogba with the Ball movement and calmness!

Yes indeed, he did a great job with little or no fuss. Out of all our home based players his has been the best performance thus far.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by sharperino(m): 7:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
The Super Eagles knew they had to win to secure passage to the next round of the 2018 World Cup qualifiers and they achieved their aim...
www.fangadar.com/story.php?title=moses-simon-efe-ambrose-score-as-super-eagles-see-off-swaziland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by mikron(m): 8:07pm On Nov 17, 2015
terzurum5:

Maybe he wants to bring him on in the second half for final damage to the opposition.
he never did. what could have been in his (oliseh's mind about fielding mikel)

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by mikron(m): 8:07pm On Nov 17, 2015
Tomtoxic:

I AGREE #6-0
na the 2-0 wey i predict finally happen o cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by mikron(m): 8:10pm On Nov 17, 2015
BlackAlbino6:
[b][size=14pt]
Rabiu Gets Oliseh Pardon, To Miss Swaziland Return Clash
[/size]
By David Meshioye:
Super Eagles manager Sunday Oliseh will not wield the big stick against FC Trencin midfielder Rabiu Ibrahim after the Slovakia-based player was accused of hiding his injury during Nigeria’s goalless World Cup qualifying clash with Swaziland last Friday.

There was serious speculation in Port Harcourt on Monday night that the former Golden Eaglets midfielder may have played his last match under coach Oliseh following his action which saw the player being hauled off within 20 minutes after he struggled to keep up with the pace of the game.

But Super Eagles media officer Toyin Ibitoye revealed to Comple tesportsnigeria.com that Rabiu can now heave a sigh of relief after he was beckoned upon by Oliseh to join with the rest of the squad in Monday’s training session at the Adokiye Amasiemaka stadium, although but has been ruled out of Tuesday’s tie.

“The matter has been settled by the coach as I talk to you. He (Rabiu) actually trained with the rest of the squad and has been pardoned by the coach
“Coach Sunday Oliseh will make his team known to the public tomorrow (today),” Ibitoye said.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/rabiu-gets-oliseh-pardon-to-miss-swaziland-return-clash/
thats a good news, kudos to the coach. we need our best legs for super eagles future engagements, once again kudos to the coach.

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by terzurum5(m): 9:03pm On Nov 17, 2015
mikron:
he never did. what could have been in his (oliseh's mind about fielding mikel)

I guess its high time he begins the search for a new midfield marshal in the mould of Jay Jay Okocha, before its too late.

One of the best ways to do that is by bringing the person on so early, so that even when the person fails, Mikel may be introduced to salvage a point.

Mikel can come in as a game changer, you now. To me its better to introduce these younger players earlier than later.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Tomtoxic: 9:29pm On Nov 17, 2015
mikron:
na the 2-0 wey i predict finally happen o cheesy cheesy
na ighalo musa and moses cause am oh missing chances upon chances igbonu cum miss sweater join

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by mikron(m): 9:59pm On Nov 17, 2015
Tomtoxic:

na ighalo musa and moses cause am oh missing chances upon chances igbonu cum miss sweater join
no be small o. see begging chances, chaiii our players need flogging. anyways thank God we won, unto the next round cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by mikron(m): 10:01pm On Nov 17, 2015
terzurum5:

I guess its high time he begins the search for a new midfield marshal in the mould of Jay Jay Okocha, before its too late.

One of the best ways to do that is by bringing the person on so early, so that even when the person fails, Mikel may be introduced to salvage a point.

Mikel can come in as a game changer, you now. To me its better to introduce these younger players earlier than later.
i would want to see rabiu ibrahim play the attacking midfield role more often, he should be given more playing time by oliseh

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by joseph1013: 8:01am On Nov 18, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Oliseh: It doesn’t matter if you play at the moon, quality performance is all that matters[/size]

Nigeria on Tuesday qualified for the group stages of the 2018 World Cup qualifiers with a 2-0 victory over Swaziland. The match was played at the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium in Port Harcourt.

Goals from Moses Simon and Efe Ambrose in the second half of the encounter gave the Super Eagles the needed win against 10-man Swaziland after a goalless first leg in Lobamba on Friday.

The Eagles have thus joined such other countries as Gabon, Ghana, Zambia, Uganda, Guinea, Congo DR, Morocco, Libya, Cameroon, South Africa and Congo in the group stages of the qualifiers. The draw for the final phase will be done next year with qualifiers played between 2016 and 2017.

The top five teams from the group stages, which will have four teams each, will represent the continent in Russia.

Nigeria needed a win against the Swazi, who are ranked 134th in the world, after the first leg ended goalless. Coach Sunday Oliseh, who had expressed confidence about his team’s chances, made five changes to the starting line-up in Lobamba.

Swaziland coach, Harries Bulunga, gave thumbs up to the Nigerian bench for the changes made in the starting line-up. He said the changes affected their game plan.

“The changes the Nigerian coach made to the starting line-up helped them and actually affected our plans. We planned to exploit the slow pattern of the Nigerian midfield but that didn’t work because those who played today were much faster,” Bulunga said.

Oliseh surprisingly dropped Chelsea’s Mikel Obi, preferring to start Sunshine Stars Paul Onobi. Onobi has been a quality part of the Eagles B team that qualified for the Championship of African Nations in Rwanda next year. The other changes from the starting team in Swaziland meant that Chima Akas of Sharks was picked ahead of Elderson Echiejile of AS Monaco in the French league and Abia Warriors central defender Austin Oboroakpo was listed instead of Turkey-based Godfrey Oboabona.

Coach Oliseh hailed his players for their sense of urgency in the match.

He said, “Today, we have played well and we have secured the result we needed. But the truth is that we can do much more than this and we will strive to play better with every game.

“The changes we made today were effective. What it shows is that we use the best players available at any given time and we will always do that. It doesn’t matter if you play at the moon; the most important thing is what you are able to do on the pitch. A player’s country of residence doesn’t matter; what matters is giving us quality performance.”

The Eagles dominated the early exchanges of the match as they searched for the goals. Nigeria got the first chance of the game in the second minute when Oboroakpo headed over the bar from a corner kick.

Swaziland’s match tactics of defending and hitting Nigeria on the counter was going according to plan as their backline defended waves of attack from the Eagles. Ighalo, who was Nigeria’s top striker, was never given a breathing space as he was marked out.

In the 12th minute, the Watford striker had a rare shot at goal but shot straight at the Swazi goalkeeper. Ighalo had another chance in the 31st minute after a pass from Onobi found him but he could only shoot wide.

Swaziland had a chance to go into the lead in the 33rd minute after a cross found Sandile Hlatjwako, who shot over from close range. Indeed the 33rd minute miss was the closest the teams ever got at scoring in the first half.

The Eagles got the first goal in the 53rd minute from a free kick curled into the top corner by Moses after Igbonu had been fouled close to the Swazi goal area. They doubled the lead in the 87th minute after Ambrose tapped in another free kick played in by Igbonu from the right side of the Swazi goal.

Swaziland fought to reduce the tally as they forced Ikeme to make a save in the 83rd minute from a Njabulo Ndlovu shot. But they were reduced to 10 men in the 90th minute after Phumlani Dlamini got a second yellow card for a foul on Onazi.

Nigeria starting XI vs Swaziland

Carl Ikeme – Shehu Abdulahi, Chima Akas, Austin Oboroakpo, Efe Ambrose – Ogenyi Onazi, Paul Onobi, Sylvester Igbonu – Moses Simon, Odion Ighalo, Ahmed Musa (captain)

http://punchng.com/wcup-eagles-beat-swaziland-to-progress/[/b]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (161) (Reply)

Difference Btw Handicap 0:1 And Handicap 1:0 / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) / Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.