Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? - Romance (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? (26779 Views)

What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? / Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? / Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Nobody: 2:15am On Oct 09, 2011
Ybutterfly:

^^^^^^^@Tom, thanks for preaching the truth

huh?
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 09, 2011
Ybutterfly:

^^^^^^^@Tom, thanks for preaching the truth
There was this black american man who was my neighbour then and we became friendly and he told me a story about how an igbo lady(i wonder how he knew the lady was igbo) was hitting on him in the shopping mall and how she was slagging off nigerian men and begging him to take her to his house and he ended it up by say he just ignored her because she was a fugly b!tch using his own words.Many of the blk american guys if they even want to date an african would prefer those ones like i said before from north africa or the HOA women because they say they have white features.If a blk woman isnt light skinned and doesnt look like Alicia Keys or beyouncy then she"s ugly in their book.Those nigerian women back in nigeria having fantasies of dating blk american men should just forget about it because they dont find west african women attractive in any way.A west african lady would be better off dating a white man or an asian man if she wants to date out than an african man.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 09, 2011
typo
than an african american man
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Ybutterfly: 1:12pm On Oct 09, 2011
tom28:

There was this black american man who was my neighbour then and we became friendly and he told me a story about how an igbo lady(i wonder how he knew the lady was igbo) was hitting on him in the shopping mall and how she was slagging off nigerian men and begging him to take her to his house and he ended it up by say he just ignored her because she was a fugly b!tch using his own words.Many of the blk american guys if they even want to date an african would prefer those ones like i said before from north africa or the HOA women because they say they have white features.If a blk woman isnt light skinned and doesnt look like Alicia Keys or beyouncy then she"s ugly in their book.Those nigerian women back in nigeria having fantasies of dating blk american men should just forget about it because they dont find west african women attractive in any way.A west african lady would be better off dating a white man or an asian man if she wants to date out than an african man.

^^^^^^EXCELLENT RESPONSE & TRUE, some igbo ladies have a thing for black american men not Yoruba women. please keep preaching the truth because that's how black american men feel, it is either Alicia keys or lauren london or another female of another race for them.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 09, 2011
Geez! My dad is AA & so is my bf, like your 2 or 3 combined "encounters" with AA men are enough warrant belief.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 09, 2011
Ybutterfly:

^^^^^^EXCELLENT RESPONSE & TRUE, some igbo ladies have a thing for black american men not Yoruba women. please keep preaching the truth because that's how black american men feel, it is either Alicia keys or lauren london or another female of another race for them.

Are you Yoruba?
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Ybutterfly: 3:13pm On Oct 09, 2011
^^^^^^^^^yup
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 11, 2011
Ybutterfly:

^^^^^^^^^yup

go figure
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 24, 2012
Ybutterfly:

some igbo ladies have a thing for black american men

I haven't posted in almost a year shocked

anywayz, some of us do. Heck I know I do! grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by MrsChima(f): 9:19am On Nov 10, 2012
Sista: @Gnature

You are right A.A men can be some pretty good sweet talkers but that can't be any different from the way Nigerian men sweet talk. In a lot of reported cases, Nigerian men sweet talk so good, that they sweet talk their self into American citizenship, get my drift?

So, lets stop putting the A.A brothers down, I detect hating.

Black women need to watch out and use critical thinko

ing when dating any kind of black man. And, black woman needs a brother, no matter what part of the world he was raised in.  

Dammmmmmmmmmmmn!
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by MrsChima(f): 9:27am On Nov 10, 2012
JosBoy4Lif: Single Parent Jamaican Families in Canada account for 2/3's of Jamaican Families shocked

Plently of Jamo men with plenty of white baby mommas in Canada.

Let me talk fo 2bluff.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by MrsChima(f): 9:37am On Nov 10, 2012
Sista: @Drusilla and Donzman

I am not always in agreement with your analysis either Drusilla. Excuse me but, me always being in agreance with you and you me, that is neither here nor there and tha goes for you to Donzman. However Drusilla, I respect your opinions and I trust your judgments because you love black people and it shows in what you write in nairaland. I know that A.A women suffer the same things but in the context I was speaking of was in reference to what Hero said.

1+

Heros quote:

I was responding to him, giving him my thoughts on the hypocrisy of justification in how it is okay for Nigerian men to marry other women but not okay for the Nigerian female to do the same, unless in rare cases, very rare.

How else do you explain that there are more Nigerian men marrying white women than there are Nigerian women marrying white men or any man born outside of their tribe, black or white.

I love you to death Drusilla but some times I get the impression that, in your quest to show your faithfulness to Continent born Africans, you over look a lot of things. While over looking, you always have to make your non agreance known when it is not always necassary.

Drusilla, I am very aware of that. The burdens of the Nigerian women are not any worst than the burdens of A.A or any other black woman. However, at this time we are adressing the hypocrisy amongst the Nigerian male thinking in referance to dating or marrying outside of the Nigerian woman. I don't see how you could have over looked. In another discussion area, I forget the one, you made it a point to respond to my reference of Continental Afrcans and A.A's but you over looked that I said all black people are suffering the same. No black people is worser or badder than another group of black people, we are all doing equally bad. Do you remember that?

Well, the white man has done a good job, this situation may be the hardest to over come because through the white mans plagiarized Christianity with additionals of white supremacy added to christianity, before a black woman even thinks her sexuality should be happy, and fun loving, she will first think of her self as impure. Her thoughts of being impure is a direct result of what she had to do in order to survive. As long as her survival becomes dependant upon her sexuality and the price being paid for it, she will never be able to forgive herself and she will always see herself as impure, and the battle becomes even harder to win. I sure as hell better be specific, this goes for all black woman.

If one knows the reason why one does something negative, if one really cares, one will change. If one does not care to change or is scared to change, one will stay the same.

You said in the above, you don't think. If you don't think, you sure don't know the resons why either. Neither do I. My King statment  was an implication, I know now that I should have been specific. I don't think African males really deal with the source of why they do what they do either, but I have heard many Nigerians saying that they have control over their Nigerian woman. In fact, I have heard Africans from Mali, and Ghana say the same thing. So, my implication was, they think they are king, an African male arrogance.

A.A men have this arrogance as well but it derives from the myth, that there is a shortage of black men. A.A men take advantage of that myth and A.A women fall for the myth. The differences between how A.A mans arrogance manifest is what makes Nigerian men feel that they are better than A.A men. And, for the A.A man, the differences make him feel as though the continent born African thinks he is better than the A.A man. better meaning that the continet born  African mans manifestation of arrogance does not go as far as to put a woman on the streets. When if you look at the core of both arrogant differences, they are the same, they both can lead a black woman to date and marry white men or they both can lead a woman to the streets to sell her body. In either case, it was the black man, black husband, black father and black brother who's negative image distorts the black womans thoughts of him, as well as the thoughts of her self.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 10, 2012
i go want make my sister marry a rich akata like 50 cents or lil wayne.yess ooo me sef go start to dey wear goldteeth and dey braid my hair and wear ear rings like all those akata gangster rappers and wen dem ask me wetin happen i go jus tell dem say my sistr don marry 50cents.yoo niggahs ya got wat this broda is saying? wink
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by MrsChima(f): 6:40pm On Nov 10, 2012
lefulefu: i go want make my sister marry a rich akata like 50 cents or lil wayne.yess ooo me sef go start to dey wear goldteeth and dey braid my hair and wear ear rings like all those akata gangster rappers and wen dem ask me wetin happen i go jus tell dem say my sistr don marry 50cents.yoo niggahs ya got wat this broda is saying? wink

You are still broke and begging huh?
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 10, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

You are still broke and begging huh?
i dey hustle for money right now.christmas don near cool
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by MrsChima(f): 8:36pm On Nov 10, 2012
lefulefu:
i dey hustle for money right now.christmas don near cool

Good...I invested in Yahoo. wink
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 10, 2012
lefulefu: i go want make my sister marry a rich akata like 50 cents or lil wayne.yess ooo me sef go start to dey wear goldteeth and dey braid my hair and wear ear rings like all those akata gangster rappers and wen dem ask me wetin happen i go jus tell dem say my sistr don marry 50cents.yoo niggahs ya got wat this broda is saying? wink

What language is this? tongue
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 11, 2012
H-Star89:

What language is this? tongue
this is naija local language straight from the garden city of Ajegunle cool
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by tpia1: 5:39am On Aug 12, 2014
luvlymoi: theres nothin wrong wit it. its just that theres too much of the african mentality in our parents. like i told my mom i was goin to marry a white man and she said NO! i was surprised but its all good.

so how far.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by mpconsults: 3:35pm On Oct 14, 2014
Sleeping men on our walls: Nigeria’s terror and What we call Democracy on http://africanlovestories.

This is not the usual blame game. This is not about the gaping failure of the Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces or is it about calling for his resignation although I am sorely tempted to make it all about him and with good reason too – a man afraid to wield his shield of power for the fear of being called a dictator, a man who trivializes brazen looting of public funds, simply waving aside huge chunk of missing funds on the excuse that “America-will-know” and legendary for setting up redundant committees while making promises we all know he can’t keep. Oh! How I am deeply tempted but I flee. I flee because I don’t want my articles hunting me like Reuben Abati to criticize is to talk cheap but to proffer unsolicited solution is well..…expensive (never minding that no one is probably going to use it) and more importantly to speak. We must be heard and we must matter.

And no, this is not about a critical evaluation of the State of the Nation nor is it in anyway linked to recommendations for winning the war against terrorism. This is about drowning in a blood flood, unholy hands raised to the heavens and hypocritical knees planted in supplication for Passover and preservation from the Boko Haram insurgency when what we should be doing is collectively shouldering the responsibility for making Nigeria what it once was – the giant of Africa.
This is about the abduction of the #Chibok girls, the cry to #BringBackOurGirls, the constant politicizing of terror by the PDP and APC, the increased hunger amidst impressive but intangible economic indices, the swift sweep of missing funds under bureaucratic carpets, the porous borders and seemingly foolish intelligent officers plagued with moles, the underpaid and unappreciated men in uniforms, the ticking time bomb in the middle of National unity and the acceptance of reality – that death lurks everywhere, his fangs dripping with blood ready to sink it into the next defenseless and faceless victim is what this is about.

And no, this is not just about terror and the collective failure of Northern leadership to curtail violence by empowering the region economically and developing educational systems, creating forums and providing platforms for youth engagement but about the flagrant negligence, impenitent selfishness and acquainted insincerity of Nigerians in their dealings at all levels. Yes, we are all to blame for not caring, for not speaking out, for not demanding accountability and most notably for being easily corruptible.

So what caused this prodigious epiphany you ask?

I wouldn’t take a bullet for no one, not even myself even if I was given $20 a billion dollars but we dare ask men on our walls to walk on bombs and get sprayed with live bullets without properly compensating their families before and after they are called to serve their fatherland. It is easy for us to ask where our men who have sworn to protect the lives of Nigerians and defend the country at all cost are in the face of death without a single thought to the orphans and widows they are leaving behind.

Where are our fallen soldiers? Where are the men on whose watch we have not been totally consumed? Where are their families? What is the fate of their families now that they are no more? The Nigeria we know it to be is poor in statistics, zero recognition of real heroes and unbelievably insensitive in adequate and prompt compensation of men and women who have sacrificed their lives on altar of service and belief – all for what? Definitely not the present day Nigeria.

Why exactly do we ask others to die for a country they probably do not believe in? I will shout from rooftops of my heritage but make no mistake; I am not jumping off to show the world of my dying devotion and belief in my country. Let’s face it. An unmotivated and not-well-protected man in uniform will not stand in line of fire. We may as well get a one month course in use of weaponry and go guard the porous borders ourselves instead of hiding in our cozy homes and offices tweeting and penning open letters to a dense government.

If I were in a uniform, I would be sleeping on our walls.

Democracy in Nigeria is simply having a civilian president. End of story. We have made a terrible caricature of a concept so powerful and so positive, a concept dedicated to ensuring that a man’s life is made worthy. A government for the people by the people is largely defunct in this part of the world and basically has resulted in frustrating impunity with which elected leaders shabbily carry out what they were elected to do but generally have a clear-cut modus operandi – occupying positions to loot funds, give embossed notes, acquire landed properties, live on the lap of Nigeria’s luxury and send their children abroad to escape the continuing rot in the education sector amongst others. Sadly, most in these sensitive positions are far from being qualified, shameful products of ‘godfatherism’(a word that does not exist in any English dictionary but in Nigeria, describes the puppetry relationship between kingmakers and their acolytes in powers) and sentiments – another definition of democracy.

You see, to succeed especially in a team, ball droppers are made to catch the ball, some forcibly replaced or risk having the entire team look incompetent and particularly the team led take the chide for it. The constant call for the skin of the president is not at all to be misunderstood. If his team fails, he fails. The onus rests squarely on his shoulders to bridge the gap between the unmotivated, the saboteurs and laggards. To put it aptly, if the unemployed dies in a stampede, it shows that the president did not provide enough jobs, if girls are kidnapped by the Boko Haram, the president is clueless and nonchalant of the safety of his citizens, if missing funds are unaccounted for or not clearly explained, he condones corruption and if militants continue to operate in the Niger Delta – looting oil and kidnapping, then he fails because we are long overdue for refineries. We are quick to condemn because that is how the system works. Moreover, the president is quick to advertise feats of the agricultural and finance minister as successes of his administration. Same should go for the failures.

It is a simple case of acute reflection of bad decisions and practices of those in his cabinet generally referred to as the ball droppers. The president is surrounded by ball droppers who get a tap in the back and get on with the next blunder without as much as a reprisal but have resource-drains as committees set up in their wake. Anyone still in touch with committee set up to investigate Stella Oduah? No? I thought so. And no, I am not absolving the president of having ball droppers but what are the local government chairmen, governors, principals and northern leaders doing in their communities? What are the elected doing in the name of democracy to make existence worthy? One would have thought that they would help humanity whether the president is available or not mostly because of the office they occupy but instead, they criticize like the rest of us and get heavily paid for doing nothing.

The unhealthy tussle for power and ethnicity is the reason why terror is staring at us in the face. Does it strike you odd that the average Nigeria can see the problem and offer plausible solutions but not the government? We have had cases of brilliant men and women proffer solutions outside the circle but have now become as clueless as the word the moment they become part of the circle. Could this be the case of the color of money? Perhaps the brilliance in these men and women disappear when mouths become full. With the loot of public funds.

‘A generation of egocentric social media activists’, they call us but they miss the one point that makes these all the more admirable – we are speaking. Demanding accountability and initiating a worldwide revolution. We are doing what our parents failed to do and not on our watch will missing funds and incompetence be rewarded with silence but with hard, loud, somewhat comical demand for accountability and results. We refuse to be quieted because ‘we were not in the picture when Nigeria was born’ and have no knowledge of our beloved fatherland. Where are our books of history? Where are the scrolls of knowledge?
I will not tell the history of a time, a country that once was and now, like the ruins of Egypt, have become. I will tell of a country that will be and like the flourishing of the cedar in Lebanon, we will stand strong. Like the sphinx, Nigeria will rise from her ashes. For posterity sake, we must speak and act for he who speaks and does nothing is worse than an infidel. We owe Nigeria. We owe ourselves.

Uneñ Ameji is a writer and Real Estate Valuer, the author of Memoirs of a Justified Gold Digger and thoughtful provocative contributions on online magazines and blogs; questioning the rule of law and positive for a better Nigeria. Follow @UnenAmeji on twitter for insightful conversations.

**All opinions are of the writer’s and does not represent the opinions of African Stories.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Ladies Enjoys this More Than Men / Sexual Harassment At Workplace - My Story / Attitudes Guys Display When They Have Been Lured, Duped & Dumped By Gold Diggers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.