Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? - Romance (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? (26774 Views)

What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? / Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? / Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Sista(f): 6:20pm On Oct 22, 2006
@Somegirl

braunen nosers AKA als Münder

I don't know why it didn't come out right but it means

(braunen nosers= Brown Nosers)

(AKA=Also Known AS)

(Als Munder= Ass Kisser)
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by somegirl(f): 6:49pm On Oct 22, 2006
Ah! --- still not a compliment. I think they've got a different opinion from yours but not that they are any of that what you called them.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Sista(f): 7:31pm On Oct 22, 2006
@Somegirl

Ah! --- still not a compliment. I think they've got a different opinion from yours but not that they are any of that what you called them.

I wrote that post to you a while back. I said what I said in reference to Babyosisi and Maxwell. They were saying how kind and sweet you were when you said something to me and they were saying that I would not be able to comprehend you kindness. They were putting to much on it, they were seeing you at that time as incapable of any wrong. That was until you set them straight. My point for calling them Ass kissers was because, although I have not said many good things about white people I have said a lot of good things about black people and have been supporting black people sense I been in nairaland. I have never been told nice things about me at all but they tell you how kind and gentle you are. To me that is brainwashed mentality brainwashed mentality for black people is to always see white people as sweet and angelic because they are white and nothing else.

If you read some post that I wrote about white people in the past, you would see that I pointed out good white people who are not selfish. Babyosis and Maxwell, they seen those post but they over looked them in order to prove their point against me. Maxwell is chasing me from thread to thread collecting evidence to this day. She is more hurt than Babosis over what I have said about white people. I think she must be bi racial or she has a white man as a companion. If she does, she can defend him but only if I am personally attacking him.

That was just my opinion so let's move on, that was along time ago and harping on it is not going to solve anything that will benefit us.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by NINETOFIVE(m): 9:37pm On Oct 22, 2006
To Sista,

I 've been a gentleman, to make you shut up but you can't , you called me a hypocrite and whatever, you spent a lot pages on this forum, talking about me and my family, what a surprising thing to have done by somebody whom Immediately Babyosisi mentioned your family you started complaining, your ranting about the Igbo's lately has a lot to do with this your discursions below on one of your threads, which unfortunately did not work out, who is the hypocrite?, is it me?, when i came to this forum, I made it clear that my wife is white and tryed to share my experiences with my people, then it must definitely be you who came here in pretext of loving black people. Initially you thought every one that is good to you wants to marry you, and now that you 've seen you are wrong, you went neurosis and you are spreading all the shxt around, you have to be hournest I ve taken enough shxt from you not to do these.

[size=24pt]These is you discusion in one of your threads for your perusal: [/size]

[b]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@ To all

check this out, yall keep talking about how us Black Americans was not born and bred in Africa, So what! That don't mean a bag of bricks.

I have several African brothers and sisters that live in America, infact I met up with one today. I told him about this discussion and who I talk with when I come in here. He immediately told me I was waisting my time and although I disagree with him on this, He did say to me that it is the poor uneducated Blacks in Africa that say the things you Black Africans in here been saying. When he said uneducated he meant the white mans education.

When I told him about some of the positive African black men that came in here, he kept asking me to find out what tribe they were from and were they married because he swore that the men would be trying to be cool so that I might consider marrying them and bringing them back to America with me. When I told him that it was some open minded African sisters that came into the discussion from time to time, he stated that these days Black Africans are going both ways, he was basically saying that the women would also try to get me to marry them  or to do some type of favor for them. 
He was kidding about that, I think  but this is what he said and he is a African black man born and bred in Africa.

Report to moderator    Logged 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always love your brothers and sisters.

davidylan (m)
Rochester, NY

Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2
« #161 on: August 20, 2006, 05:57 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* yawns! wonders what he is still doing here *

I'm sure if i had made the same statement your "brother" made, i'd have been labeled a "worshiper of whites" or a hater of my black skin! It bothers on the ridiculous that african men here would be trying to be cool to get you to marry them. There are far better girls to pick, at this point even a white girl would be a better choice than the hate filled racists on this thread!

Pray! What did he mean by "poor undeducated blacks from africa"? Are the black americans here any better even with all the resources at their disposal? Why do i have to go to school each morning and be the only black face (all the way from Nigeria!) in an entire 4 level building? Where are all the "rich educated black americans"? I find them on the early morning methadone queues, in prison, the security gate, cleaners offices, as mugshots on TV e.t.c! So much for those trying to slag off the Black African who has to fight through the odds to get himself a decent existence!

If any one should be slagging off whites, it should be those of us who were opportuned to be born in the continent you claim was ruined by the white man.

Weblog - www.davidylan..com

Sista (f)
Oakland Ca. USA

« #162 on: August 20, 2006, 06:19 AM » 

@davidylan

You said you were through with this thread one to many times and you keep coming back, what is that all about ?

Drusilla (f)
Minnesota, Georgia, New York - the three different places I have posted on this forum from.

« #163 on: August 20, 2006, 06:33 AM » 

Sista,

You can tell your friend that 925 is very sincere and not looking for a wife. He has worked all over the world and understands the world exactly as African Americans and your African Continental friend understands it.

I understand your Continental African friends sentiments.

One has to be very hard headed to be able to work in the midst of such insane white worship as displayed here by some, the thinking is so primitive and backwards, one gets the idea that we are back in the 1400's and the whiteman has just shown them their 'fire' trick.

In their mind, there is only One that is good and that is the whiteman.

Saying we should love blacks as you have done, is the same to them as saying: love the devil. This is why your very lovely opening post was attacked instantaneously. 

I am taking one for the team.

drusillaadey@yahoo.com

Sista (f)
Oakland Ca. USA

« #165 on: August 20, 2006, 07:42 AM » 

@ Drusilla

You can tell your friend that 925 is very sincere and not looking for a wife. He has worked all over the world and understands the world exactly as African Americans and your African Continental friend understands it.

Yes 925 was one of the few, I really liked him, I would marry him any day and bring back to America with me but he is more than likely already taken 

But, I think my friend was making a general statement based on the Education of African blacks. Don't get me wrong, what my African friend said was not very nice at all and I told him he was wrong. I was just trying to show the ones that keep coming in here talking about this born and bred crap that here is a man also, that was born and bred in Africa, here his is his point of view. That is all I was trying to show. Yes they are born and bred black Africans but they don't share the same point of view as all Black Africans.

gigitte (f)
USA

« #166 on: August 20, 2006, 09:36 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]

[size=26pt]Now tell me is all not about your selfish gain, and give every one a break.[/size]
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by somegirl(f): 9:54pm On Oct 22, 2006
Sista: That was just my opinion so let's move on, that was along time ago and harping on it is not going to solve anything that will benefit us.

You're right. smiley Sorry to have brought it up again.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Sista(f): 10:01pm On Oct 22, 2006
@925

To Sista,

I 've been a gentleman, to make you shut up but you can't , you called me a hypocrite and whatever, you spent a lot pages on this forum, talking about me and my family, what a surprising thing to have done by somebody whom Immediately Babyosisi mentioned your family you started complaining, your ranting about the Igbo's lately has a lot to do with this your discursions below on one of your threads, which unfortunately did not work out, who is the hypocrite?,

Uh oh, 925 is mad, LMAO

You are so predictable, LMAO.

I knew you were going to read what I said to Babyosis in referance to what she said about my family and  purposely misconstrue what I was doing in order to make me look like a hypocrite. I am not a hypocrite and you can't try to make me feel like one because you know that deep down you are one. Misery loves company but I am sorry, I will not be joining your company.

You always piggy back off of other people to prove your point, prove your points on your own for a change.

All that BS you spouted about the[b] Russian King[/b], your such a blind young man. Your wife is Russian so you want to prove in your child like way that Russian whites are nice whites. What a way to suit your self and help you feel justified in your decisions. If you married a white woman out of conviance and you wounded up in love, then tell the truth but don't try to say you loved that woman always and that is why you are with her. You talk this mess about people get married out of love. People also choose who they love and we see who you chose, it wasn't no Ibo women and from what you say, black people should be unified. Hypocrite!

On the other side however, you contribute to topics where you say that other Nigerians are jelous of the Ibo, don't sound to unifying to me. Hypocrite    

I saw you in nairaland for the last half hour going from post to post in topics I contributed to and I knew you were up to something.

As far as I am concerned you are still a hypocrite. I never spoke of your family In a negative way. I only said your wife is white making you a hypocrite who comes in here talking black unification and then taking my sattire out of context.

You also told black women that black men leave them for real white women because they are tired of fake white women. Those fake white women being black women who try to look white. Here it is, you have a white wife. Your so twisted and you don't even see it or do you see it and want to make it look like what you want it to be. Hypocrite!

Show me a quote where I talked about your family outside of saying your wife is white when you already said yourself she is white. Don't get mad at the truth.

You are a hypocrite you have conveniently contradicted your self on several occasions, people are afraid to tell you that because they have white counterparts like you or they care about your online friendship. Me I don't care about your online friendship so that permits me to tell you the truth as well as tell other people the truth. The truth hurts don't it but it wouldn't hurt so much if you yourself wasn't out to suit your self with all this fakness you present.

Come out of your little dollhouse fairytale (setting, as you say) and walk into reality.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by NINETOFIVE(m): 10:12pm On Oct 22, 2006
You will always be wrong my wife is not a Russian, I just wrote about that part of Russian history for people to know where all our problems started from, other people has grasped that, but you? I cant be bothered, you are not smart enough to grasp what I meant, all you are good at is running you mouth.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Sista(f): 10:26pm On Oct 22, 2006
@Ninetofive

You will always be wrong my wife is not a Russian, I just wrote  about that part of Russian history for people to know where all our problems started from, other people has grasped that, but you? I can't be bothered, you are not smart enough to grasp what I meant, all you are good at is running you mouth.

Weather your wife is a white Russian or not, she is still white.

Is that all you could say?

You still never mentioned what was your Russian story all about? I asked you to explain why you brought up Russians out of no where?

But, never mind. At this point your not worth going back and fourth with and I don't care to hear anymore of your ridiculous, hypocritical, justification speeches.

PS, your not smart enough to grasp that a lot of what you say is hypocritical shocked
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by NINETOFIVE(m): 10:29pm On Oct 22, 2006
Now you can see we all can go mad sometimes, have a nice life.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Sista(f): 10:30pm On Oct 22, 2006
@925

You too, have a nice life as well grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Nobody: 2:37am On Oct 23, 2006
9to 5.
Nwannem nwoke,O kwa gi n'asi m welu nwayo, kita i fu go ife?
N gwa welu nwayo nwoke oma.
lovu o nwunye i ofuma O.
chefu e okwu ojoo dum onye obuna gwa gi.
i nu go nwanne,OK.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by chinani(f): 4:06am On Oct 23, 2006
Let me add my bits:

@ All
NinetoFive's 1st post on Nairaland was about his wife & children. If 'you' (royal you) did not read it, it's not his fault that you (still royal) are disappointed and confused. No, this comment isn't just for Sista. I have some friends on Nairaland who were also "surprised" (not good surprise or bad surprise just surprise) about NinetoFive but I knew that already b/c I read his 1st posts.

NinetoFive
, ndo. But Nna, I don't the think the 'A. Pushkin' story is an aside persay. Here, let me retell it. smiley

The king or czar is Peter the Great. In the late 15th c. a young boy and his sister were sold into slavery from Eritrea. It's believed that they came from a dynastic family or a family of lesser nobles but no one is certain. The siblings ended up in Turkey and Istanbul where the sister died. From there the boy was taken by orders from Peter the Great, czar of Russia, to Russia. Peter the Great became his godfather and showed methodical concern for him.

Here's a link. It's reasonably factual & easy to understand. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Pushkin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abram_Petrovich_Gannibal

That Eritrean man was ALEXANDER PUSHKIN's paternal great-grandfather. Alexander Pushkin is the "author of the modern Russian language". The way he wrote changed the way people spoke! Very few times in history has this happened. Pushkin also elevated the position of the novel but that's another subject. grin

Anyhow, it's arguable that the "father of modern Russian" is "black" but in his time A. Pushkin & his father weren't really considered black. Just shows how subjective race is. But then again, Racism is neo-classism in disguise.

Queen Victoria did something similar for a young girl from West Africa. I read about it many years ago & when I have time to find the link or the book title I will post it. (The Queen Victoria story is easier to find b/c it's more recent.)
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by chinani(f): 4:21am On Oct 23, 2006
What's the point of the 'Alexander Pushkin' story?

The point is that American racism or Anglo racism is, to a certain extent, just that; limited to geographical and cultural construts/boundaries.

So Gannibal was freed by Peter the Great. Why do you think artists liked going to Russia duringt the Harlem Renaissance? People from Langston Hughes to Louis Armstrong talked about how they felt "free" (their words). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abram_Petrovich_Gannibal

NinetoFive is trying to explain what happened between 1920,30s,40s (cold war) and 1995. And, it's worth explaining. If it sounds self aggrandizing, it's b/c it is, maybe, a little. . .But that alone -- the benefit he recieves or the (emotional) investment in the point -- does not negate his point.

[center]Am I talking out of turn yet? grin[/center]
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by NINETOFIVE(m): 9:31pm On Oct 23, 2006
To Babyosis,

babyosisi:

9to 5.
Nwannem nwoke,O kwa gi n'asi m welu nwayo, kita i fu go ife?
N gwa welu nwayo nwoke oma.
lovu o nwunye i ofuma O.
chefu e okwu ojoo dum onye obuna gwa gi.
i nu go nwanne,OK.

Ada oma, biko amaram na inwelike ever gbaghalu mu, nne nne biko okwa obi oma mu mere njili kwu otua, mana biko nwannem chefuo, if you ever can, I was a fool. Mee kam nmalu, if you accept my apology.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by NINETOFIVE(m): 10:10pm On Oct 23, 2006
To Chinani,

chinani:

Let me add my bits:

@ All
NinetoFive's 1st post on Nairaland was about his wife & children. If 'you' (royal you) did not read it, it's not his fault that you (still royal) are disappointed and confused. No, this comment isn't just for Sista. I have some friends on Nairaland who were also "surprised" (not good surprise or bad surprise just surprise) about NinetoFive but I knew that already b/c I read his 1st posts.

NinetoFive
, ndo. But Nna, I don't the think the 'A. Pushkin' story is an aside persay. Here, let me retell it. smiley

The king or czar is Peter the Great. In the late 15th c. a young boy and his sister were sold into slavery from Eritrea. It's believed that they came from a dynastic family or a family of lesser nobles but no one is certain. The siblings ended up in Turkey and Istanbul where the sister died. From there the boy was taken by orders from Peter the Great, czar of Russia, to Russia. Peter the Great became his godfather and showed methodical concern for him.

Here's a link. It's reasonably factual & easy to understand. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Pushkin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abram_Petrovich_Gannibal

That Eritrean man was ALEXANDER PUSHKIN's paternal great-grandfather. Alexander Pushkin is the "author of the modern Russian language". The way he wrote changed the way people spoke! Very few times in history has this happened. Pushkin also elevated the position of the novel but that's another subject. grin

Anyhow, it's arguable that the "father of modern Russian" is "black" but in his time A. Pushkin & his father weren't really considered black. Just shows how subjective race is. But then again, Racism is neo-classism in disguise.

Queen Victoria did something similar for a young girl from West Africa. I read about it many years ago & when I have time to find the link or the book title I will post it. (The Queen Victoria story is easier to find b/c it's more recent.)

Daalu nne nne for your concern, and thank you for elaborating on the Pushkin story, The reason why we face so much racism today is because of the ''Anglo Americans'' and ''the British'', infact they are the course of all our problems, throughout my growing up in Eastern Europe I never faced depression because of Racism, it was in Britain I first faced depression about racism because; though you might not see it on the street of Britain but is very very political and is alive, they can't just let go, any time you put on your TV, every 30 minutes you must see something negative about Africa in the name of Charity, shows are common place on British television and is all full of racism. Before racism started in 1996 in Russia through the influence of American films, a Russia would see a black person on the street and say eh! country man come to me I insist, he would feed you offer you drink, but today if they see a black person on the street they would go after the person to kill the person, even mixed race people are included, now you can see how the west is spreading racism intensionally.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 23, 2006
NINETOFIVE:

To Chinani,

Daalu nne nne for your concern, and thank you for elaborating on the Pushkin story, The reason why we face so much racism today is because of the ''Anglo Americans'' and ''the British'', infact they are the course of all our problems, throughout my growing up in Eastern Europe I never faced depression because of Racism, it was in Britain I first faced depression about racism because; though you might not see it on the street of Britain but is very very political and is alive, they can't just let go, any time you put on your TV, every 30 minutes you must see something negative about Africa in the name of Charity, shows are common place on British television and is all full of racism. Before racism started in 1996 in Russia through the influence of American films, a Russia would see a black person on the street and say eh! country man come to me I insist, he would feed you offer you drink, but today if they see a black person on the street they would go after the person to kill the person, even mixed race people are included, now you can see how the west is spreading racism intensionally.

NINETOFIVE:

To Babyosis,

Ada oma, biko amaram na inwelike ever gbaghalu mu, nne nne biko okwa obi oma mu mere njili kwu otua, mana biko nwannem chefuo, if you ever can, I was a fool. Mee kam nmalu, if you accept my apology.

Hey
Iwe adirom at all.
asi'm gi hapu nwanyi a ka oburu uwa ya gawa
anu ofia k'obu.
I ma onyem n'ekwu about
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by chinani(f): 12:16am On Oct 24, 2006
@NinetoFive
You're welcome. smiley
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by NINETOFIVE(m): 12:31am On Oct 24, 2006
To Babyosisi

babyosisi:

Hey
Iwe adirom at all.
asi'm gi hapu nwanyi a ka oburu uwa ya gawa
anu ofia k'obu.
I ma onyem n'ekwu about

Aghotalu mu, thank you
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by NINETOFIVE(m): 12:33am On Oct 24, 2006
To Chinani,

chinani:

@NinetoFive
You're welcome. smiley

thank you.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Drusilla(f): 7:09am On Oct 24, 2006
@Drusilla

One of the biggest mistakes anyone will make is bringing a people together to form a nation without considering the differences in cultural values.

I actually agree. This is why I think it is better to make a large African Federation that all current African nations must be subservient too, while at the same time empowering each cultural group to the kind of power that nations now weild.

We should be strenghthening cultural groups and the African Federation and squashing nations put together by Europeans for their profit.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Drusilla(f): 7:23am On Oct 24, 2006
Chinani,

Hmmmm

Quote:

However, Pushkin certainly did not need to embellish his ancestor's own personal history. For the accomplishments of Ibrahim Petrovitch Gannibal are proof of what any man - despite his colour - could rise to, given the opportunity. Ibrahim was treated as no less than a member of the royal family at court and, in the biographical notes on him written either by his wife or by someone in her family shortly after his death, the following statement is made:

", he (Peter) wished to make examples of them and put (Russians) to shame by convincing them that out of every people and even from among wild men - such as Negores, whom our civilized nations assign exclusively to the class of slave, there can be formed men who by dint of application can obtain knowledge and learning and thus become helpful to their monarch."

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/secret/famous/pushkingenealogy.html

Apparently they were very aware of race in Pushkins Time. The African as only a Slave was alive and well then.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by chinani(f): 5:04pm On Oct 24, 2006
@Drusilla
Duly noted. Thanks for the correction and link (above).

@Nferyn
Thanks for noticing. I totally agree w/ your additions to the conversation, especially, And how many of these squander their weath in ill-conceived illusions of grandeur? Trying to fit into a class they will never be accepted in? Approprating the external symbols of wealth while still being excluded from the upper class. Rich they are, wealthy most definitely not.

Wish people would accept this already and stop hurting themselves. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-23185.544.html#msg665526
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Sista(f): 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2006
@Chinani

I am assuming that Pushkin is related to the Russian King I was asking 925 to give reason for bringing up?
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by chinani(f): 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2006
@Drusilla

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. (Responding to this https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-23185.544.html#msg665394 )

Put Oprah and the Rockefellers in your search engine, same social set and circle. Not being personal friends with them doesn't prove the American class system either.
I used the word "friends" because I think that friendship is an intimate relationship and the Rockefellers posing with Oprah could be compared to 18 c. Dukes of England posing with their slaves; she's just a 'color' to embellish their grandeur.

But you mentioned "social set and circle". Tell me? Is Oprah there because she's charming and philanthropic or because she's paid?

She allowed to exist because she can afford to be there!

Well, of course your right. All Black people in America succeed by force of will and ambition. Trying to get into the big house by being favored went out with the harlem renaissance. (when rich whites sponsored black poets and singers).
I think the same can be said about the "force of will and ambition" of poor people. You have a point about the Harlem Renaissance but Black Expression is still commodified and sold to the highest bidder today. So might say the only thing that's changed is the quality. undecided

I agree with that but as one who belongs to the group whose teen pregnancy has just dropped back to the rate of the 1950's, while others stayed the same or got worse, whose high unemployment is merely 10 percent and whose high illiteracy is dropping also and really high semi-illiteracy. I think not representing their interests rest with "other" Americans, not my particular subset group of Americans.
My comment was about AMERICA as a whole. Breaking the different stats into racial catergories can sometimes be helpful (when it comes to programs and etc.) but in this instance it is not, because since America is not predominatly A.A (13%) the fate of the A.As is tied to the economic viability of American non-blacks. So the overall literacy, jobs, and pregnancy (which can result in health problems etc.) is important.

But what is this about unemployment being at a mere 10%. In NYC 50% of A.A men are unemployed? http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=FA0610F935580C7B8EDDAB0894DC404482&n=Top%2fReference%2fTimes%20Topics%2fSubjects%2fU%2fUnemployment http://www.cssny.org/news/releases/2005_0308.html
Though there are signs that employment about A.A is rising.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/01/AR2006090100430.html
In fact the National unemployment of A.A men right now is -- the exact same rate of unemployment of white men during the Great Depression. (I think I heard this on NPR but I'm trying to find a link.) So, no, I don't think things are going well. I wish they were, but they are not.

But of those who are working, how many earn a living wage? Or how many work 60 hours a week and can barely afford to save anything, not to mention a house or college tution? I'm asking in reference to Black people in America and non-Black people in America (who don't earn a living wage).

Check out Bowling for Columbia and/or the 60 Day challenge thing (don't remember the name of the show). Bowling for Columbine is not 'perfect' but it highlights some crucial problems w/in America very well.

Bill Gates denies the rumor that he recieved a million dollar trust fund. He went to good schools and was lucky but not that lucky. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gates,_Bill
Never said anything about a $1 dollar trust fund. Firstly $20,000 trusts are fairly standard and you needn't have one to still benefit from being Upper-Mid to Lower-High class. After college, I briefly, briefly worked for a woman who went to one of the oldest private schools in Houston. The tution to that school is still HIGHER than most UNIVERSITIES in TEXAS. She benefited from that. She belongs to the oldest country club in the city. Yet she also did not have a $1 million trust fund. Still, she and I are not the same class.

I refer to America as the Walmart nation, with a walmart religion, a walmart educational system, etc, etc. One big shopping center.
Never thought of it in just this way but I'm going to remember this analogy.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by chinani(f): 5:40pm On Oct 24, 2006
@Sista

Alexander Pushkin is the maternal* great-grandson of an Eritrean man who Peter, czar of Russia, wanted to educate. Peter made himself Gannibal's (that's his name) godfather.

Their relation is not through blood but through voluntary association. Hope that helps.

*sorry, before I said paternal and that was wrong!
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Uju4eva(f): 1:16am On Oct 28, 2006
Sista it has been nearly 5 days, and you have still not emailed me back,
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by NINETOFIVE(m): 6:09pm On Oct 28, 2006

@Drusilla

One of the biggest mistakes anyone will make is bringing a people together to form a nation without considering the differences in cultural values.

I actually agree. This is why I think it is better to make a large African Federation that all current African nations must be subservient too, while at the same time empowering each cultural group to the kind of power that nations now weild.

We should be strenghthening cultural groups and the African Federation and squashing nations put together by Europeans for their profit.

Infact you are making a good point here, is inpossible to ignore culture, but if we manage every thing well, we might as well be uniting our people the most balanced way, this is why I 've always wanted the Igbo's to stand on there own, either by seceding or by autonomous system of governace, cause that is the only way we can develop our talents and help one another, instead of staying in some white mans enclave called nation and fight one another. believe me if we wont sort this problems now, we would still be confused in 100 years time, quote me anyday.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Sista(f): 7:10pm On Oct 28, 2006
@Uju4eva

Uju, I already talked to you in the last email telling you I would be getting that stuff together. I told you what to do until then, why didn't you just email me agiain?

You don't have to leave me a message in this topic. You know you and I can email each other.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by superman(m): 1:50am On Oct 29, 2006
na lie

that one na story
one nigeria lives
abeg no slavery mentality we no need them
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Uju4eva(f): 7:59pm On Jan 07, 2007
I don't like it when people don't fulfill their promises, this person knows who i'm talking about,
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 07, 2007
Nice pic. but I've seen it in 2 threads so far. . . keep it going! grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by toshmann(m): 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2007
@uju4ever

elewe ukwu, u are here too. chei!!!!!!!!!! cheesy this ur photo will travel faster than saddam hussein's execution videos o cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Ladies Enjoys this More Than Men / This Girls Curvy Thighs Will Make You Go Wet- See Photos / Sexual Harassment At Workplace - My Story

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.