Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,401 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu (15230 Views)

You Demoted Me, Tinubu Accuses Saraki / This Is What You Must Do To Appease Me, Tinubu Tells Saraki, dogara / I Was Ready To Help Jonathan But He Underrated Me – Tinubu Boasts (2) (3) (4)

I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 17, 2015
Senator representing Lagos Central Senatorial District, Mrs. Oluremi Tinubu, has expressed a desire for a woman to succeed her.

She also regrets that all the principal office contenders in the incoming National Assembly are men.

Tinubu said this at the Press Day event of the Dansol High School, Lagos, on Saturday.

The senator, who is also the wife of a national leader of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu, said there are eminently qualified women in the National Assembly to occupy principal positions.

She further charged women occupying privileged positions in the society to mentor other women and girls.

“I feel appalled when women beg for appointments. Who says a woman cannot be President? If we had so many women inspiring other women, it would not be that way. We want to have another Senate President, it will be a man. The Speaker will be a man. Isn’t that a shame? Where are the women?

“Don’t ask me, ‘What about you?’ My situation is different. My husband said, ‘you will not be used to blackmail me’. And I accepted,” she said.

The former Lagos State first lady also admitted that her surname is controversial but insisted that her family was not extremely rich.

“The Tinubu name is a controversial name but we are not as wealthy as people think. Everything we have we expended on the struggle. You say 16 years of struggle, but it has been 21 years for us,” she said.

The senator also decried the disappearance of the middle-class, urging the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari to fix the economy to ensure a re-emergence of the middle–class again.

“I came from the middle-class of old and I attended public schools. I am from a very humble background by the way but I learnt to see and appreciate beauty. But today it is only the rich that can afford beautiful things. We do not have a middle-class anymore. It is either you are rich or you are poor. The new administration needs to create the middle-class which is a buffer for the poor and the rich.

“We have a good leader now who is credible. A former British Prime Minister, Tony Blair, came here and said the world is proud of Nigeria,” she added.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-want-a-woman-to-succeed-me-tinubu/

Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by limolalikamaila: 6:03pm On May 17, 2015
Dats Good to hear

Baba Good pls let this be my first FTC

Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 17, 2015
No more room for women.

The poster above ^^^ me is a fool!

If you post below me... You are a goat!

Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 17, 2015
limolalikamaila:
Dats Good to hear

Baba Good pls let this be my first FTC

lalasticlala please make this guy's dream come true. grin

Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by prettybella(f): 6:08pm On May 17, 2015
Baba am not far.
Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by Acekidc4(m): 6:17pm On May 17, 2015
Baba Alaye Himself, I hail ohcheesycheesy Woman BawoJust Kiddinggringrin That's a welcome Development!!
Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by aare07(m): 6:22pm On May 17, 2015
Neither your relatives nor female Children will succeed you.

Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by 21bc: 6:25pm On May 17, 2015
Succeed you as what.....

Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by naijainfogalery: 6:25pm On May 17, 2015
Remy Tinubu hmmmmmm one thing ive noticed about women in power, they are always feminist. I know of an organisation that got 85% men but the moment they got a female boss o boy see sacking of men they the tide turned around, it became 95% women and 5% men. God why ?
Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by hertheytheydgee(m): 6:26pm On May 17, 2015
Oh goody!
Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 17, 2015
Pde na Amaphrodite 4 succeed you b4 ??
Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by jamex93(m): 6:27pm On May 17, 2015
women too want dey rule abi
Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by okooloyun1(m): 6:28pm On May 17, 2015
Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by shadrach77: 6:28pm On May 17, 2015
Your hubby has the power to make that happen
Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by Lexusgs430: 6:28pm On May 17, 2015
Ask Jagaban to perform his usual magic. He normally can pull a rabbit out of the hat aka rigging stylee.
Simply dress one of the men as a woman !!!!!!!!!!

Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by babyfaceafrica: 6:28pm On May 17, 2015
I don't care about gende..I need quality and competent individuals...that's what dis country needs to move foward..no gender,no tribe ,no religion...quality!!!

Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by ceejay80s(m): 6:29pm On May 17, 2015
Dem sha don turn naija to private business

Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by Mogidi: 6:29pm On May 17, 2015
Ambode would do 2 terms, any hope of you being state governor should be put on hold till at least 2023.

The women would have to wait till 2023 then.

Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 17, 2015
Women need to change their mentality concerning politics. they should start supporting their kind.
Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by bornmekus: 6:29pm On May 17, 2015
Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 17, 2015
family of thieves

and drug Barron's

Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by brixton: 6:30pm On May 17, 2015
Lol we definitely don't want women like you in power... Stooge of the leader of the Asiwaju parley of cohorts.

Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:30pm On May 17, 2015
And how does that change the price of fish in oyingbo market
Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by infobiz9ja(m): 6:31pm On May 17, 2015
Make she park well joor!

Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by baybeeboi: 6:32pm On May 17, 2015
who be the Woman?

Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by Humblebloke(m): 6:32pm On May 17, 2015
Whatever rocks your boat!!!
Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by M4gunners: 6:33pm On May 17, 2015
Did She say they are not rich as we thought? Chii Blue don turn white for afternoon.

Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by Pavore9: 6:34pm On May 17, 2015
We dey watch.
Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by gabman700: 6:34pm On May 17, 2015
Yes we know. Your daughter or female relative...

Re: I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu by ellechrystal(f): 6:35pm On May 17, 2015
Ok, isn't ur politics a family business?
Just pass it on to a female relative, that's all.

Peter Obi At Nne Okonkwo's Burial In Anambra State (Photos) / Eugene Aliegba And John Tion Defect To APC, Dump PDP In Benue / Keyamo: Old Interview Ascribed To Me Insulting Tinubu May Have Been Forged