Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel (7409 Views)

Fayose: Humiliation Of Tinubu Is A Humiliation Of The Yoruba Race / Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari / Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 18, 2015
The yoruba people form one of the group in the whole world that can hardly pronounce words that start with "SH" correctly. This is what we call mother tongue.
There is also a tribe in Israel that has this shot fall; the Ephraimite.
In Judges 12:5-6, The word "Shibolet" was used to separate the Gileadite from the Ephraimite.
Judges 12:5-6
The Gileadites held the fords of the Jordan against the Ephraimites. And when any fugitive from Ephraim said, "Let me cross," the men of Gilead would ask him, "Are you an Ephraimite?"; if he said, "No," they would say to him, "Then say shibolet"; but he would say "sibolet," not being able to pronounce it correctly. Thereupon they would seize him and slay him by the fords of the Jordan. Forty-two thousand Ephraimites fell at that time.

Even Tola was a judge in Israel.
Judges 10:1
After Abimelech died, Tola son of Puah, son of Dodo, was the next person to rescue Israel. He was from the tribe of Issachar but lived in the town of Shamir in the hill country of Ephraim.

Your critique is welcomed.

CC Lalasticlala

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 18, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;

have you not consider swazi land or guinea conakry .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by ephemm(m): 5:17pm On May 18, 2015
Very funny grin

The Ijebus too are the Jebusites in the bible

21 Likes

Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:20pm On May 18, 2015
pls, we are not from Israel. we are Yorubas, with branches stretched to many corners of this world. we are proud of our heritage and pls, I beg u, dnt mistake us with some lineage wey dey confuse abt their root, okay.

23 Likes

Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by elderhimself(m): 5:44pm On May 18, 2015
Why not even say that the yorubas are the true israelites.........ode ni o

6 Likes

Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by macof(m): 6:33pm On May 18, 2015
foolish deranged dog... in fact calling u a dog is an insult to dogs out there

6 Likes

Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by stevecantrell: 6:40pm On May 18, 2015
The Yoruba came out of Egypt and Sudan. We are not sure if some of those who fled Egypt were Israelite slaves.

2 Likes

Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by TheOtherview: 6:54pm On May 18, 2015
stevecantrell:
The Yoruba came out of Egypt and Sudan. We are not sure if some of those who fled Egypt were Israelite slaves.

One thing is for sure, aside from those who are indigenous to modern-day Nigeria, Yorubaland has benefited from a successive wave of migrants drawn from more than one place of origin.

Contrary to other African people – such as also the neighboring Igbo in southwestern Nigeria – the Yoruba never claimed an Israelite identity (Basden 1921: 411 – 423; Hodgkin 1975: 218 f.).

Although several authors pointed out the existence of Israelite customs among the Yoruba, they saw them as side effects of Israelite influences and not as the result of a direct cultural transfer through migration from the northern kingdom of Israel (Johnson 1921: 6 f., 154;Biobaku 1955: 12 f.). More recently, reexamination of the Oyo dynastic tradition in combination with a comparison of cultural traits led to the conclusion that direct links must have existed between the northern Israelites and the Yoruba.

However, owing to the incomplete study of Oyo tradition, this conclusion did not indicate the precise nature of the historical connection between ancient Israel and the Oyo-Yoruba. Avoiding the unmentionable notion of mass migration from the ancient Near East, it suggested instead that the remnants of Israelite traditions and culture traits were the result of sporadic influences from Syria-Palestine via Egypt, or of long-lasting trade relations between Phoenician North Africa and sub-Saharan West Africa (Lange 1999: 138 – 140; 2004: 239 – 242)
Source: Lange, D. (2011). Origin of the Yoruba and “The Lost Tribes of Israel.” Anthropos, 106, 579–595.

@OP - what is to say that the tribe in Israel does not owe its origins to Yorubas expatriates? grin

1 Like

Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by gatiano(m): 7:09pm On May 18, 2015
Stop it! Ijebus are no jebusites
ephemm:
Very funny grin

Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by macof(m): 7:14pm On May 18, 2015
TheOtherview:

One thing is for sure, aside from those who are indigenous to modern-day Nigeria, Yorubaland has benefited from a successive wave of migrants drawn from more than one place of origin.

Source: Lange, D. (2011). Origin of the Yoruba and “The Lost Tribes of Israel.” Anthropos, 106, 579–595.

@OP - what is to say that the tribe in Israel does not owe its origins to Yorubas expatriates? grin

ur source was prepared by a fool high on Jewish shit

4 Likes

Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by stepo707: 7:16pm On May 18, 2015
ephemm:
Very funny grin

Lol.can't help but roflmao
Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by gatiano(m): 7:16pm On May 18, 2015
Armageddon has begun, It is in two parts. First part is mental (which is on-going), after that is the Physical and last war.
Some has just mental flugged you, taking your righteousness and replacing your history with that of evil and devils stories.
Tiamat was just an ancient name for the earth.
Oranya, is not Jacob or Yakub.
TheOtherview:

Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 18, 2015
macof:
foolish deranged dog... in fact calling u a dog is an insult to dogs out there

You came here too. Sorry I don't have bone to give you.

1 Like

Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by PedroJP(m): 7:32pm On May 18, 2015
Can't stop laffing. Israel descendants and Islam is taking better part of them even as sthing next to so called infidels.
Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by fritiyo: 7:48pm On May 18, 2015
Every tribe want claim their origin from Israel, latest been the Yoruba's. And i want ask what so special about having Israel origin anyway?
Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 18, 2015
A slave will always be a slave except been knocked out of his or her" stupidity"which is the greatest sin to God almighty the creator of humanity... I won't blame the op after all we all have freewill but he choses to use his or her own for been stupid..

All hail enki
Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by BabaNath(m): 7:53pm On May 18, 2015
See wetin Osogbo weed dey cause?

1 Like

Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by TheOtherview: 7:53pm On May 18, 2015
gatiano:
Armageddon has begun, It is in two parts. First part is mental (which is on-going), after that is the Physical and last war.
Some has just mental flugged you, taking your righteousness and replacing your history with that of evil and devils stories.
Tiamat was just an ancient name for the earth.
Oranya, is not Jacob or Yakub.

I knew that excerpt would be discomforting for those whose only grasp of history is in terms of exactitude.
Words like "sporadic" clearly do not exist in your vocabulary, or why else would you assume that I have been "mental flugged" (whatever the hell that is).

It takes a certain profundity of mind to understand that my post actually offers a number of plausible suggestions.
(1) Successive wave of migrants from different points of origin into Yorubaland
(2) Pre-existing ancestral groups in the area now referred to as Yorubaland
(3) Yoruba migration (from source) into Israel itself.
Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by TheOtherview: 7:55pm On May 18, 2015
macof:

ur source was prepared by a fool high on Jewish shit

^^^Refer to my last post
Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 18, 2015
Olori ibu omo, oma je' ata sa pari ori mi grin
Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by akoaki(m): 8:14pm On May 18, 2015
Most Nigerians are lazy when it comes to reading and doing research. Tell a typical Nigerian a factual information he had not heard before, his first spontaneous reaction is " na lie, it cannot be true". This lazy and unprogressive attitude is working against us in many ways and it is not healthy for intellectual development. We, especially the youths must change from the ways of our forefathers who were unable to research and document many things that would have become useful to us today. I never meant to insult anyone.

2 Likes

Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 18, 2015
TheOtherview:

I never knew there was such document in existence. I was just relating what I read with the evidence I have seen.

Ogbomosho people have more of this difficulty. They must be the group that came from Israel. Your post confirmed it.
Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by MrPresident1: 8:53pm On May 18, 2015
Yoruba is a church where their is neither jew nor gentile but one body in Christ and everyone members one of another.
Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by OsoDupe(f): 9:11pm On May 18, 2015
I thought from another version of the history of Yoruba, due to a civil war then, Oduduwa trekked from Mecca to Ileife, now this is a new one.

2 Likes

Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 18, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
pls, we are not from Israel. we are Yorubas, with branches stretched to many corners of this world. we are proud of our heritage and pls, I beg u, dnt mistake us with some lineage wey dey confuse abt their root, okay.
And, who are those that is confused about their root?

1 Like

Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by shiningshina(m): 10:00pm On May 18, 2015
Yorubas cannot pronounce "sh". Yet, it is a letter in their alphabets?!!
The OP is an idiot.

1 Like

Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by shiningshina(m): 10:00pm On May 18, 2015
The OP is an idiot.

1 Like

Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by cjrane: 10:31pm On May 18, 2015
Shebi Yorubas want to drag the Jews of Nigeria title with Igbos?
Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 18, 2015
shiningshina:

The OP is an idiot.

"Sh" as in Shursh for Church, shampion for Champion, shildren for children, shop for chop etc. Sorry. Its not "ch" I am talking about. I am talking about sop for shop, mision for mission, soot for shoot, sout for shout etc.
Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by amokeme(f): 11:19pm On May 18, 2015
You people have started again o...

PS
Am Yoruba and I can pronounce "sh"

1 Like

Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by gatiano(m): 11:33pm On May 18, 2015
I didn't mean mental flugged in terms to abuse or disrespect you, But so to kind of awaken you.
And That awaken begins with the knowledge of who You are as a unique person, The knowledge of who God is, and the knowledge of who the devil is. These are the basic things that you need to know.

We are at war, We as Black People have always been at war and all the while not knowing, and if few of us percieve the sight or saint of this war, we are easily manipulated to fight in the wrong direction (example, My village people are wicked, they may be, but not intentionally and etc).

Few points-
1) God is a Man, He has always been, and He will always be. God can be a Woman too.
2)Devil is a mankind, an image of Man(God), He was made 6 days ago, 1 day=1000years. The first of them is called Adam.
3) You as a Blackman or Black person is a child of Man (not mankind), You are a direct descendant of God, You have the same DNA, only it has weaken for now and for a reason.
Mankind don't have same DNA as Man, or God/Allah because mankind only are composed of only the recessive traits/the brown/light germ.

About We being the tribes of Isreal, isn't all that wrong, Only We are far better and bigger than that. Question is where did these fake jews get their 12 figure from? is it by the children of A person? To them yes, But to Us the Black people, it is mathematically incorrect and imbalanced.
They got it from the Black people.
It is very true that a part of usor most and/or all of us migrated from North east africa which in falsehood is called by the mankind middle east.
Mecca was like Abuja, while Kemet was like Lagos. The migration began from 50,000 years ago until about 500 years ago.

I'll continue a lil later... if you wish to hear it ofcourse.
TheOtherview:

I knew that excerpt would be discomforting for those whose only grasp of history is in terms of exactitude.
Words like "sporadic" clearly do not exist in your vocabulary, or why else would you assume that I have been "mental flugged" (whatever the hell that is).

It takes a certain profundity of mind to understand that my post actually offers a number of plausible suggestions.
(1) Successive wave of migrants from different points of origin into Yorubaland
(2) Pre-existing ancestral groups in the area now referred to as Yorubaland
(3) Yoruba migration (from source) into Israel itself.

Re: Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel by opiaoku: 11:41pm On May 18, 2015
amokeme:
You people have started again o...

PS
Am Yoruba and I can pronounce "sh"

You're pretty

i want to fork you
cheesy wink kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Need To Read What Aljazeera Said Minutes Ago Abt Nnamdi Kanu, Biafra (video) / "Land Is Free For All Genuine Investors In Imo" -gov. Okorocha Declares. / The 2nd Niger Bridge (dream To Reality) Buhari And The Changing Narratives.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.