Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,350 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari (42861 Views)

Fayose Condemns FG's Attack On Men Of God, Says Country Will Be In Crisis If.... / Economy Would’ve Been Worse But For Buhari – Lai Mohammed / Nigeria Would’ve Collapsed Had Officials Of My Govt Stole That Much- Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by princejayboss: 8:47am On May 22, 2015
illiad:

I don't blame hausafulanis.

I blame yorubas, benues, sobos & a section of south south like ikwerres & ijaws.

Na their foolishness dey responsible for this animal farm we are living in.

They rather live in abject servitude or receive a hand out like dogs for the rest of their lives than break a sweat for their freedom.

You are so right....
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by ibietela2(m): 8:48am On May 22, 2015
nortcentrallord:

grin cheesy I thought so too but I read it again. Its Nigerian president (Niger) he was talking about. I don't know why the colonial masters added these hausa's to Nigeria. They would have just zoned them to Niger. A Nigeria of just west, East, south would have been awesome. Bright minds and ideas. We for don over take America since. Mtchewww, oyinbo drawing us back since the days of slave trade.

Same thing this British fools did in Sudan

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by homosapien(m): 8:48am On May 22, 2015
illiad:

I see you mr myopia! How have your nocturnal life been?

Same as your nocturnal life
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by signz: 8:48am On May 22, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
i love that part that said 'he accepted that he loss woefully' can a failure be an hero?

Then GEJ is the first African President to be a "failure" and a HERO @ the same time. The first to have lost woefully and still be recognised as a HERO globally.

I think we need to call on Guiness book records guys to add this too.
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by ibietela2(m): 8:49am On May 22, 2015
aminu150:
what you said actually shows that you got no iota of respect for the elders, as such you Dad must be the old fool u called GMB because he didnt train you to respect elders. As they say "charity begins at home". I am 100% sure that no one in your family can contest and win even a councillor post in your village because no one likes you, but here you are abusing someone that is loved not only in his village but nationwide due to his credibility.

But you were abusing Jonathan who is your Junior
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by MacOG1Anon: 8:50am On May 22, 2015
Jonathan conceded the loss of the election because he LOST the election woefully and didnot have any useful support. The only way he could have gone forward was to have done something Unforgivable.

He showed us though that there was a limit to his madness as indeed his not conceding would have plunged the country into dark days.

I truly don't get those making him into a saint. Do they live in a different reality and have other information to what I see and hear and the world sees and hears? na wah oh!
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by ibietela2(m): 8:55am On May 22, 2015
Bollinger:
This man will fail. not because I wish it but because Nigerians unconsciously are pushing him towards failure with their unrealistic expectations. so you expect the man to fix more than 50 years of rut in 4 years? Remember, it is easier to destroy than to repair/build. Not only does he have to fix the infrastructural decay, which is easy, he has to try to fix the psychological and societal decay of of its citizens, which is harder. Serves him right though for promising so much. Now that he has screwed the populace and he's on his first cigarette, he has started to gradually and subtly recant some of his promises. I hope Nigerians don't lynch him.
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by ibietela2(m): 9:00am On May 22, 2015
Pavarottii:

NAH, GEJ is a non-vindictictive person, ve anybody what is bad, if he wanted to, he will have raised the boys from the creek. The fallen oil price is no one's fault. Its a global change caused by USA to frustrate Russia not caring any other country who suffers from it.
Sometimes I wonder whether GEJ is a Nigerian. He no get wahala, he wants the best for us all. But impatience and tribalism won't let him work.
God bless GEJ.

Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 9:02am On May 22, 2015
That woman called jonathan...let him dare na! I can't wait for may 29th
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by kenex4ever(m): 9:03am On May 22, 2015
socialmediaman:

Nope. They're all corrupt to different degrees, but running a loose government where everyone steals and goes away unpunished or Unreprimanded? Now that's crazy. Every part of the world, no exceptions, have their own degrees of corruption, but if you get caught, you go in for it, there's a difference...
u r making sense, even though am a GEJ person.
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by princejayboss: 9:04am On May 22, 2015
socialmediaman:

Actually there are differences and divisions in many parts of the world, take for instance, the U.S.; the north and south went to war at some point in history around the slave trade era and certain divisions have remained.

In our case in Nigeria, I do maintain that our major problem is corruption and self centered ambition, not ethnicity. We tend to focus on the wrong things.. Tell me, how many of us would protest against unemployment in this country if we're employed? And how many would protest non-payment of wages if they're unemployed. But we'll gladly do this for political leaders for peanuts, to help them achieve their selfish interests that sometimes don't necessarily benefit us

I have so calm to follow up with your opinion on this but I came to understand that you do not know the problem of the nation Nigeria.... No disrespect

One can simply say that corruption is the main issue but that is quite a big lie ... Where was corruption when the kano massacre in 1966 leading to ojukwu calling for biafra...

It's simple my brother... If you follow up the history of Nigeria as a state , you can quite agree with me that the price of blood paid for this nation has been more from the people from the east... If you closely study this interview with GMB you will realize that he is bent on violence .. Am not really an advocate of GEJ but we allowed the western world to play our hand knowing that buhari is power thirsty...

The mistake made by some of the parts of south south during the civil war is now starring at their face like an enemies spare... They chose to follow the wrong marriage called Nigeria but now am sure they have seen the end game.

Every country often have division but as it has run to our blood line ... An Hausa man can never love an igbo man and so on .... We better understand that we can never be one and the earlier we understand that the better for us ....

Finally GMB will now understand that to rule is quite different from false promises just for vote .. Cos there are more of oil price fall coming as expected when Iranian sanction will be lifted... Then he will pray for a BH than been helpless in ruling

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Filmewell(f): 9:06am On May 22, 2015
edey2real:

Because you know when they are supposed to die.
what! are in support that their lives was taken from them for an unjust cause.
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by kenex4ever(m): 9:07am On May 22, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Don't mind the bloodthirsty babbon and dog blood lover.The ancient one should brace up to.recieve all he and his partymen heaped on GEJ

BABAONECHANCE
TOOTHLESS MONGREY
DAURADULLARD
I love the last title, "dauradullard" that should b a generally accepted title for him if he doesn't live up to expectation
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by ibietela2(m): 9:08am On May 22, 2015
[b]
Johnjack:
Why do you hate Gej with such bitter venom?. Majority of Nigerian youths don't do research for truer and clearer information and become
wiser for the betterment of themselves,family,community and the country as a whole. Instead the fold their arms and glorified those who put them in great desolation,depravity and abject poverty. Imagine in a country where somebody like Obj is glorified!. Where in the world do you see people of his age and precedence leading their countries in this modern age?.

Laurent Gbagbo's case was totally different from Gej's. While Gbagbo lost elections organized by U.N and everything was free,fair and transparent,Gej organized the elections where thousands of under aged Almajiri's were seen and aired on international media thumb printing for APC and GMB. That alone was a enough grand for Gej to reject the results but God intervened and he played that world acclaimed and UnAfrican heroism. What most of you haters of Gej don't know is that he is in a position to make or mare the results of the elections. If he had rejected the elections on many evidenced grounds,the worst GMB and his supporters could do was to start killing Easterners and Christians in the north as usual and if the heats gets worst Gej will invite the military and hand over to the military . Abiola's treatments.!!!!!. So, all of you here who have suddenly become wiser than Obama and other world leaders praising Gej should ask yourselves certain questions.
[/b]
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by ibietela2(m): 9:09am On May 22, 2015
buzquet:
yes am still a kid caz am still living in my papa mansion, still eating outta my mama pot n still beign given pocket money by my papa!! So mr old man, less I forget, GEJ is no hero caz he did d normal tin

Who did that in Nigeria? Or Africa as a Whole?
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by philips70(m): 9:11am On May 22, 2015
ibietela2:

Then it's a big fat [size=80pt]lie[/size]

Spent some good years in Omoku. The family wiped out during the elections which they are burying now is well known to all. Before then a lot has been killed. I was very conservative in my figures which might just be in Omoku and environs alone. You and me know there are others from other zones in the state. Which one is the lie?
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by princejayboss: 9:13am On May 22, 2015
philips70:
Deluded fellows. More than 50 persons were killed in Rivers state in the past months because of the elections. I have searched the web for a condemnation from Aso rock and found none. Some were buried in Omoku yesterday. Peaceful man my arse. World leaders should continue massaging his ego till May 29th. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Funny enough you don't have a name and will never have a meaningful surname like GEJ through out your stay on earth... Get a life mumu
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Isaddabai(m): 9:13am On May 22, 2015
[quote author=illiad post=33972631]

Even the behaviour of abokiis on the streets have changed. Now they act anyhow they like.

Hah! Guy u funny ooo. What do you expect? The Abokii of today aint the same Abokii of yestadae. U beta put sense into ur head.
Willy nilly Abokii is now the oga @ the top (in other words, HE IS UR MASTER). For ur own good, start respecting Abokii probably he'l remain ur master foreva hu knows.
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by philips70(m): 9:16am On May 22, 2015
princejayboss:

Funny enough you don't have a name and will never have a meaningful surname like GEJ through out your stay on earth... Get a life mumu

Who engages akamu brains?
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by socialmediaman: 9:17am On May 22, 2015
grin
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Dugozpweeti(f): 9:21am On May 22, 2015
And you will be killed and still remain irrelevant to them and the mass. so what's the stress?
weselomo:
even i will be part of those to fight till my last breath if jonathan doesn't conceded defeat
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by princejayboss: 9:28am On May 22, 2015
philips70:

Who engages akamu brains?

We aren't in the same league .... Super eagles don't play with the falcons.... I still maintain that you should get a job and get a life ..
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Isaddabai(m): 9:32am On May 22, 2015
[quote author=illiad post=33973621]

So then you're saying that how the country is currently constructed is the best for all of us?

Well if that's your submission, I would gladly inform you that going by how the country is currently constituted, Nigeria as a country would be going nowhere in hundred years time, in terms of development or advancement in general.

The north as it is, would always remain a burden to be yoked by the rest of the country. [/quote
its nat a suprise u are saying all this rubbish... The only difference between ur name nd "idiat" it jst the spelling buh the stress pattern is the same.
Meanwhile there is correlation[/color][color=#006600][b][/b]
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by JAHseal: 9:39am On May 22, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Don't mind the bloodthirsty babbon and dog blood lover.The ancient one should brace up to.recieve all he and his partymen heaped on GEJ

BABAONECHANCE
TOOTHLESS MONGREY
DAURADULLARD

Una hatred 4 responsible leadership go carry una go grave. Because Buhari says 'no more visionless & stomach-driven leadership', d tin dey pepper una 4 body. If una like, sabotage d new regime & see wat becomes of ur rotten heads #bastards!
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by JAHseal: 9:48am On May 22, 2015
illiad:

So then you're saying that how the country is currently constructed is the best for all of us?

Well if that's your submission, I would gladly inform you that going by how the country is currently constituted, Nigeria as a country would be going nowhere in hundred years time, in terms of development or advancement in general.

The north as it is, would always remain a burden to be yoked by the rest of the country.

#fool !
When d rest of d country was being "yoked" by d "north", @ som point in history, where were u? #clown ! #Nigeria, it's pple & resources, are for ALL Nigerians! #get dat into ur dark skull.
#eDeyPepperU?#GoHugTransformer!
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by JAHseal: 10:00am On May 22, 2015
ibietela2:
[b][/b]

GEJ did NOT & NEVER did anybody any good by accepting CRUSHING defeat. Dat was d WISEST thing any responsible leader wud hav done in his position. He failed, not just in d last election, but failed 2 deliver on som basic fundamental minimums of governance.
#9jah is free @ last!
Free from ineptitude!
Free from ogogoro-inspired visionlessness!
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by tswitch: 10:11am On May 22, 2015
ozoigbondu:
lf he did what GEJ did four years ago 800 people and seven youth corpers would still be alive

You deserve a Noble prize for this comment........settle for a glass of your favourite drink.
Lol.
Well said.
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by yaskarahyelhope(f): 10:16am On May 22, 2015
illiad:
The President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, has again commended President Goodluck Jonathan for conceding defeat at the March 28 polls.

Mr. Buhari, who gave the commendation in Abuja on Thursday when he received Nigerien President Issoufou Mahamadou, said Mr. Jonathan’s action turned around Nigeria’s nervous political process.
He said: “The Nigerien president purposely came to congratulate me on my victory and President Jonathan for the maturity and statesmanship that he exhibited by accepting that he had lost the election.

“His action actually doused tensions and averted crisis in Nigeria.

“Not only Africa but the world has commended the president for that because if he had disputed the elections, there would have been crisis in the country.

“That is what people don’t want, not only Nigerians but other countries. So, he came to commend President Jonathan for his courage and statesmanship.’’
He said Mr. Mahammadou had also come to show solidarity and acknowledge Nigeria’s importance on the continent.

Mr. Buhari said but for colonialism, Niger and Nigeria and all countries living along the border were one as they shared similar cultures, religions and mannerisms.

“As he rightly puts it, if Nigeria sneezes, the rest of Africa catches cold because of its importance, population and resources.

“So, Nigeria and Niger Republic are one entity as one singer from Niger puts it in his lyrics. We share a 1,500 kilometre long border with Niger which stretches from Chad to Sokoto, and all the people living along the borders on either sides are same people.

“The colonialists separated these people when they partitioned Africa at the Berlin conference in 1885. They separated the Fulanis, Kanuris and the Hausas from their brothers who are presently in Niger.

“They separated the Yorubas of Nigeria and the ones in Benin Republic. They also separated the Fulanis and other tribes who were living together as one along the Cameroon border.

“So, all these countries around us were a single entity with people of similar culture and religion before they became separated but time has changed and we thank him for reminding us of our history of brotherhood.’’

Earlier, Mahammadou said he was in Nigeria to convey the gratitude and salutation of Niger Republic for the peaceful conduct of the‎ elections held in spite of challenges.

“President Jonathan conceding defeat and this act will have a lasting impact and influence on politics in Africa, West Africa and Africa at large.

“So, I’m here both to congratulate the president-elect and the people of Nigeria for the smooth conduct of the elections,” Mr. Mahammadou said. (NAN)

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/183439-nigeria-wouldve-been-in-crisis-if-jonathan-disputed-elections-buhari.html

Why wont it amt to crises wen U av promised to do Karin jini abi Na karen jini wen U don't win. I tot U said that commending him is no big deal concerning him conceding to defeat.

Grandpa !!!!!

Arrant nonesence
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by philips70(m): 10:21am On May 22, 2015
princejayboss:

We aren't in the same league .... Super eagles don't play with the falcons.... I still maintain that you should get a job and get a life ..

Don't overhype yourself, you are not even up to a super pigeon not to talk of super falcons.
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by anwe: 10:33am On May 22, 2015
If jonathan had won there would have been crisis because Baba One chance no for accept. the more reason president Jonathan is a hero
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 10:35am On May 22, 2015
socialmediaman:

Yes we must hold government accountable for every single thing that goes wrong in the society unchecked, that seat should be hot enough to discourage anyone without a genuine political reform and good governance. Government has all the things it needs to do the job, including the money, security and the best thinkers. Government officials must be made to be responsible and held accountable for their poor performance. We can't continue blaming citizens when government is elected to curtail their excesses. Should you keep blaming citizens if they keep overspending when the police refuse to do their jobs? It's very obvious that people obey laws in order not to get punished, and with time they get used to obeying the law. We must insist on Justice and accountability

When we become responsible enough to hold our leaders accountable and fight for equity and justice, then we're in a better position to practice federalism

Lol.

With reasoning like dis, I seeing Nigeria wallowing in dis situation over the next 5 decades...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by illiad: 10:50am On May 22, 2015
[quote author=Isaddabai post=33983217][/quote]
How would you know a thing about my name when you've lived all our life as a cow

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Politicians At Osubi Airport To Welcome Ibori (Photos) / Picture Of A Nigerian Soldier Killed By Boko Haram / 13 Boko Haram Insurgents & Their Families Surrender To The Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.