Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,599 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari (42865 Views)

Fayose Condemns FG's Attack On Men Of God, Says Country Will Be In Crisis If.... / Economy Would’ve Been Worse But For Buhari – Lai Mohammed / Nigeria Would’ve Collapsed Had Officials Of My Govt Stole That Much- Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by onatisi(m): 6:59am On May 22, 2015
signz:

Where do u think it will come from?

pdp will get weaker and weaker ,it will eventually become a south south and south eastern party, the next 3rd opposition party will come from the south west.
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by kinguwem: 7:00am On May 22, 2015
Nigeria & Niger were not an entity before the arrival of the whites. We'd different kingdoms traditional & religious practices before they came. I hope there is no plan to advance the propagation of a particular tribe nor religion.
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Popemax(m): 7:01am On May 22, 2015
You're right bt how do we achieve this....
noblezone:
A kinsman living in the North told us how a friend close(an Alhaji) called him before the elections and advised him to home.
When the bros was proving stubborn, and asked Alhaji why, he took him home an showed him arms and ammunitions.
He told him there would be unprecedented crises if Buhari was not declared winner,
Bro had to come home with his family.
He has gone back, but has decided to leave his family in or lands.

They win, we have peace.
They loose, we have war.

And the old tyrant is shameless to dance nude at the market square.

I keep insisting we dont belong together with this people.
Let them have their Islamic State an let us have our free society.

Or is any body down south still confused about our stand?

cry
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 7:02am On May 22, 2015
chuna1985:

Corruption is the smallest problem in Nigeria.

I totally agree with you, and it's being over flogged. The main problem is the UNITARY system of government we operate. A nation of this magnitude and complexity deserves a true federalism. The current system naturally engenders corruption, laziness, parasitism and backwardness. Till we jettison it for true federalism, sorry!
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 7:05am On May 22, 2015
Tank God at least buhari knows
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by vilz(m): 7:06am On May 22, 2015
socialmediaman:

I don't think there's any such thing as complete freedom.. Let's see it this way. In Nigeria, the south west see the north as a check and balance for the south east, the north central also see the rest of the country as a check and balance to the north east and north west. Even if you divide the country into 6 regions, the differences continue, in the east for i
nstance, the anambra would like to dominate while the ebonyi man would rather the Imo person stay relevant as a check to the anambra. Same with the south west, south south etc..

Don't talk anyhow on the street
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by platz(m): 7:09am On May 22, 2015
illiad:
The President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, has again commended President Goodluck Jonathan for conceding defeat at the March 28 polls.

Mr. Buhari, who gave the commendation in Abuja on Thursday when he received Nigerien President Issoufou Mahamadou, said Mr. Jonathan’s action turned around Nigeria’s nervous political process.
He said: “The Nigerien president purposely came to congratulate me on my victory and President Jonathan for the maturity and statesmanship that he exhibited by accepting that he had lost the election.

“His action actually doused tensions and averted crisis in Nigeria.

“Not only Africa but the world has commended the president for that because if he had disputed the elections, there would have been crisis in the country.

“That is what people don’t want, not only Nigerians but other countries. So, he came to commend President Jonathan for his courage and statesmanship.’’
He said Mr. Mahammadou had also come to show solidarity and acknowledge Nigeria’s importance on the continent.

Mr. Buhari said but for colonialism, Niger and Nigeria and all countries living along the border were one as they shared similar cultures, religions and mannerisms.

“As he rightly puts it, if Nigeria sneezes, the rest of Africa catches cold because of its importance, population and resources.

“So, Nigeria and Niger Republic are one entity as one singer from Niger puts it in his lyrics. We share a 1,500 kilometre long border with Niger which stretches from Chad to Sokoto, and all the people living along the borders on either sides are same people.

“The colonialists separated these people when they partitioned Africa at the Berlin conference in 1885. They separated the Fulanis, Kanuris and the Hausas from their brothers who are presently in Niger.

“They separated the Yorubas of Nigeria and the ones in Benin Republic. They also separated the Fulanis and other tribes who were living together as one along the Cameroon border.

“So, all these countries around us were a single entity with people of similar culture and religion before they became separated but time has changed and we thank him for reminding us of our history of brotherhood.’’

Earlier, Mahammadou said he was in Nigeria to convey the gratitude and salutation of Niger Republic for the peaceful conduct of the‎ elections held in spite of challenges.

“President Jonathan conceding defeat and this act will have a lasting impact and influence on politics in Africa, West Africa and Africa at large.

“So, I’m here both to congratulate the president-elect and the people of Nigeria for the smooth contact duct of the elections,” Mr. Mahammadou said. (NAN)

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/183439-nigeria-wouldve-been-in-crisis-if-jonathan-disputed-elections-buhari.html
so buhari is still on this issue.?
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Kasieze(m): 7:09am On May 22, 2015
No evil man goes unpunished.
A good leader is never eager to rule. Leadership is not a do or die affair.
He made GEJ administration miserable as he promised, by killing innocent Nigerians.
Well lets what and see how his own will look

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by signz: 7:12am On May 22, 2015
onatisi:
pdp will get weaker and weaker ,it will eventually become a south south and south eastern party, the next 3rd opposition party will come from the south west.

So do u see Tinubu having problems with Buhari to cause division in APC?

From your post, North is likely going to lead the rest of d country from now till the ..... another gej comes. They'll always use their population to great advantage.
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 7:13am On May 22, 2015
There he goes again: issuing threat to Jonathan. If Jona had a little bit of gut in him, he woulda walked over this Buhari
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Chibuhealth(f): 7:14am On May 22, 2015
midolian:
I used to respect you until I saw this post.. Grow a brain, girl.
go to hell with your unnecessary respect.
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Chibuhealth(f): 7:17am On May 22, 2015
Ayus34:

Mumu see this village,unculture,irresponsible bitch calling me aboki.....i pray ur destiny will not be taking away from you,because calling u an animal will not be a mistake........alainilaakaye obinrin!
as ur own destiny has been taken away from you since. Can't you see you are jobless thats why you are ranting up nd down for an old fulani blood sucker. Ara gbagbukwaa gi. Nkita afo na-asa riforo gi nri. Anu ofia
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Dayg88(m): 7:17am On May 22, 2015
socialmediaman:

Actually there are differences and divisions in many parts of the world, take for instance, the U.S.; the north and south went to war at some point in history around the slave trade era and certain divisions have remained.

In our case in Nigeria, I do maintain that our major problem is corruption and self centered ambition, not ethnicity. We tend to focus on the wrong things.. Tell me, how many of us would protest against unemployment in this country if we're employed? And how many would protest non-payment of wages if they're unemployed. But we'll gladly do this for political leaders for peanuts, to help them achieve their selfish interests that sometimes don't necessarily benefit us

Bros, please don't waste your time explaining to someone who already has an ethnic bigot mindset, just ask him if the ''Yorubas and Co'' he mentioned earlier voted for Buhari in 2011. ''These'' people have a way of coining things whenever election results like this doesn't favour them.
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by midolian(m): 7:19am On May 22, 2015
Chibuhealth:
I fear I wld meet you there. You don't hav a mind of your own and its typical of every igbo girl. U guyz Jst follow your shepherd without moderation. Sheeps

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Chibuhealth(f): 7:20am On May 22, 2015
midolian:
I fear I wld meet you there, sheep.
as the hell fire get keeper you are, I can't make the mistake of crossing your gate. Idi.ot
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by illiad: 7:20am On May 22, 2015
dearpreye:

Stop there. We Ijaws have learned our lesson, howbeit through the hard way.

The current enlightenment wasn't there in the 60/70's.

We are ready to make amends and move on.

Its Good some of you now know better but then how do we bring back the opportunity of 1967?
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by midolian(m): 7:24am On May 22, 2015
Chibuhealth:
as the hell fire get keeper you are, I can't make the mistake of crossing your gate. Idi.ot
You don't hav a mind of your own and its typical of every igbo girl. U guyz Jst follow your shepherds without ya brains. Sheep

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 7:26am On May 22, 2015
socialmediaman:

I think if most people are engaged in a form of responsible work on the other, and authorities do their jobs, many of the problems and differences we have will reduce to a manageable level. Just like the differences we have between blacks and whites abroad, imagine if the cities were highly corrupt, no jobs, police and authorities don't do their jobs etc, you'll see that blacks will start thing whites are their problems and vice versa, they'll all start calling for their separate states etc

U keep blaming the government, but u forget we run a system of government that sponsors corruption federalism is the only thing that can save Nigeria.

Zero Planning for the future n lack of knowledge is Nigeria's greatest problem. 99% of humans are corrupt, running a system that fuels corruption activates it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Chibuhealth(f): 7:26am On May 22, 2015
midolian:
You don't hav a mind of your own and its typical of every igbo girl. U guyz Jst follow your shepherds without ya brains. Sheep
as you don't have mind and at your age you are still living with your parents that's why you still have time ranting on NL this early morning. Goat!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by BabaOneChance: 7:29am On May 22, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Don't mind the bloodthirsty babbon and dog blood lover.The ancient one should brace up to.recieve all he and his partymen heaped on GEJ

BABAONECHANCE
TOOTHLESS MONGREY
DAURADULLARD

Kai! Damburuba!!!!! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 7:29am On May 22, 2015
onatisi:

PDP is better off as a SS n SE political party. They will get stronger as APC gets weaker n by 2019, SW will have no option than to vote PDP again.
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by ellechrystal(f): 7:29am On May 22, 2015
aminu150:
what you said actually shows that you got no iota of respect for the elders, as such you Dad must be the old fool u called GMB because he didnt train you to respect elders. As they say "charity begins at home". I am 100% sure that no one in your family can contest and win even a councillor post in your village because no one likes you, but here you are abusing someone that is loved not only in his village but nationwide due to his credibility.
The same respect young nigerians ve for A 50 something years old man like johna. Or he is worthy to b insulted or disrespected? N buhari isn't? Or Jonathan no b elder abi?
Hypocrite
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by papoose999(m): 7:30am On May 22, 2015
had it bn baba one chance didnot dispute d 2011 election a lot of pple go still dey alive 2day esp in d north...anyway we re watchn u baba u fuckup u get d boot in 2019
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by BOLASB(m): 7:30am On May 22, 2015
illiad:
The President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, has again commended President Goodluck Jonathan for conceding defeat at the March 28 polls.

Mr. Buhari, who gave the commendation in Abuja on Thursday when he received Nigerien President Issoufou Mahamadou, said Mr. Jonathan’s action turned around Nigeria’s nervous political process.
He said: “The Nigerien president purposely came to congratulate me on my victory and President Jonathan for the maturity and statesmanship that he exhibited by accepting that he had lost the election.

“Not only Africa but the world has commended the president for that because if he had disputed the elections, there would have been crisis in the country.

“That is what people don’t want, not only Nigerians but other countries. So, he came to commend President Jonathan for his courage and statesmanship.’’
He said Mr. Mahammadou had also come to show solidarity and acknowledge Nigeria’s importance on the continent.

Mr. Buhari said but for colonialism, Niger and Nigeria and all countries living along the border were one as they shared similar cultures, religions and mannerisms.

“As he rightly puts it, if Nigeria sneezes, the rest of Africa catches cold because of its importance, population and resources.

“So, Nigeria and Niger Republic are one entity as one singer from Niger puts it in his lyrics. We share a 1,500 kilometre long border with Niger which stretches from Chad to Sokoto, and all the people living along the borders on either sides are same people.

“The colonialists separated these people when they partitioned Africa at the Berlin conference in 1885. They separated the Fulanis, Kanuris and the Hausas from their brothers who are presently in Niger.

“They separated the Yorubas of Nigeria and the ones in Benin Republic. They also separated the Fulanis and other tribes who were living together as one along the Cameroon border.

“So, all these countries around us were a single entity with people of similar culture and religion before they became separated but time has changed and we thank him for reminding us of our history of brotherhood.’’

Earlier, Mahammadou said he was in Nigeria to convey the gratitude and salutation of Niger Republic for the peaceful conduct of the‎ elections held in spite of challenges.

“President Jonathan conceding defeat and this act will have a lasting impact and influence on politics in Africa, West Africa and Africa at large.

“So, I’m here both to congratulate the president-elect and the people of Nigeria for the smooth conduct of the elections,” Mr. Mahammadou said. (NAN)

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/183439-nigeria-wouldve-been-in-crisis-if-jonathan-disputed-elections-buhari.html
Chibuhealth:
it is okay please
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by illiad: 7:30am On May 22, 2015
Dayg88:

Bros, please don't waste your time explaining to someone who already has an ethnic bigot mindset, just ask him if the ''Yorubas and Co'' he mentioned earlier voted for Buhari in 2011. ''These'' people have a way of coining things whenever election results like this doesn't favour them.

Oaf

In your warped mind, we were discussing election, right?

Try not to be a party rat. You will only end up with a rat brain
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 7:31am On May 22, 2015
pure2012soul:
Thirded grin
Forthed. Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Omadachi(m): 7:31am On May 22, 2015
Whether he accept or not he would have had no choice.This is a man that have destroyed the country.The worst President ever.
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Mbediogu(m): 7:32am On May 22, 2015
illiad:

“So, I’m here both to congratulate the president-elect and the people of Nigeria for the smooth conduct of the elections,” Mr. Mahammadou said. (NAN)

Good morning Mr. President Sir. We believe you should work together with all past Presidents and other GENUINE patriots to salvage this bleedibg nation.
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 7:32am On May 22, 2015
He's very right! If not for colonialism,the. Northern part of Nigeria and The Republic of Niger were originally meant to be one country;if not for colonialism,the northern part of Nigeria and the SS and SE wouldn't have been in the same country. If not for colonialism, the SW and The Republic of Benin would have been in the same country. Faulty foundation since 1914 by lord lugard and his mistress.
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by onatisi(m): 7:32am On May 22, 2015
signz:

So do u see Tinubu having problems with Buhari to cause division in APC?

From your post, North is likely going to lead the rest of d country from now till the ..... another gej comes. They'll always use their population to great advantage.
tinubu and the south west apc will definitely have problems with buhari and the north. The whole northern states govs,senators and reps will support buhari irrespective of the party they belong too,we should also know that tinubu and his south west apc failed to deliver the south west convincingly and it was the votes from the north that actually did the job for buhari. We are going to be witnessing a north vs south squabbles very soon. Tinubu and obj knows this. Yes the north will rule for another 12 to 16 years and I don't think there is nothing we can do about that,I won't be surprised if buhari doesn't contest again in 2019 but allows another northerner to contest who will use another 8years. The north ceded power reluctantly in 1999 due to the death of abiola ,and they believed death cheated them by taking yar adua and that nigeria and the south renege on mutual promise by supporting gej who the backed down on his promise of just a single term ,as the card stands now ,the power rootation understanding is over and what the north is waiting for now is may 29. It is then south west apc will the true side of northern politicians. Buhari will eventually disappoint tinubu and buhari will try to take over the structures of apc ,buhari will not succumb to apc wills and desire rather he will want apc to succumb to his and this is something apc isn't used to. Amaechi will give buhari 100000% loyalty which will eventually cause him problems with his ppl and tinubu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Ayus34(m): 7:35am On May 22, 2015
Chibuhealth:
as ur own destiny has been taken away from you since. Can't you see you are jobless thats why you are ranting up nd down for an old fulani blood sucker. Ara gbagbukwaa gi. Nkita afo na-asa riforo gi nri. Anu ofia
Example of a lady from a cave!
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Chubhie: 7:36am On May 22, 2015
psucc:
He gave Jonathan Boko Haram in 2011 and on 29th May Jonathan will give him fallen oil price.

LOL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Picture Of A Nigerian Soldier Killed By Boko Haram / 13 Boko Haram Insurgents & Their Families Surrender To The Nigerian Army / Soldiers Torture Residents Of Cross River Community For Rejecting Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.